Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 2:08 pm

Post by Jingle »

MUSHSHAGANA NOTES THREAD

ACCESS

Jingle
GIF
MUSHSHAGANA
Five Hargreeves
Last edited by Jingle on Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a Parachute.
Five Hargreeves
Five Hargreeves
Goon
Five Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 3:35 pm

Post by Five Hargreeves »

Ad, you're pestering LLD. You should disengage the next chance you get. I know, you're used to brickwalling, but you can't be invincible this time. She'll find out she's wrong if you let it go. She'll get tunnelled if you keep engaging.

Enu, Nikki, when you get some time with Coda, we've definitely IDed Klaus, yeah? I hate meta, but we have nothing here, not history nor personal interactions OOG, so we don't know whether the nerves are important or not. Can you three dig through PC's history and make an associative map? Lot of newbie games, should be 3 hours work.

Also for Enu, I don't like Lily ignoring the RV in ELO. Think of an angle to pry at that. I think we'll need another voting participant to join before you can pull it off, but you [REDACTED], so I think you can find a pressure angle. Remember to help Ad word it.

Coda, you're brains here, I'm just stopping by for early direction and to get us used to the PT. Yes, we can always just trade off in Notepad, but this is cleaner and keeps a better record. No "Wait who said that?".

--Curse
Last edited by Five Hargreeves on Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't think I'm better than you; I know I'm better than you." - Five
Five Hargreeves
Five Hargreeves
Goon
Five Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 3:50 pm

Enu/Ad here on co-front. Weird feeling.

Ad will disengage.

Ad has left front. Now then. Lily can probably get away with ignoring it. I checked past BoS games, and "RVs" are commonplace enough. A better angle would be attacking the deposit of a greeting and then nothing. That would be easily deflected by gesturing to personal time management and simple lack of awareness.

I think it is probably best to allow the game to play out for another page.

Nikki and [REDACTED] have stated their opposition to bringing in meta in this case. I am inclined to agree with them. Scum proportion is likely low.

I suggest allowing Ad to offer a friendly hand towards Klaus when disengaging LLD. I believe this opens a line of communication that can be used to play around into the Lily problem. It will also reduce the difficulty of using uncertain meta to solve Klaus. I further suggest that we make notes of apparent player disposition post-script.

--Enu Kashkashshu, Ushdubsar

POSTSCRIPTUM,
Lady Lambdadelta: Hostile, confirmed town. Likely useful for watching third party reactions to.
Lily: Evasive, noncommittal, friendly. Demands investigation.
Klaus: Nervous. Concerned by Paragon. Scum possibility. Might explain LLD's hostility to Ad's dismissal of the Paragon lone-win chances.
Five: Us. Noncombative, communicative, unfriendly. Ad was a good choice for confounding the Paragon situation, but we may well have shot ourselves in the foot with her. A note for future reference: use innately charismatic system members. [REDACTED] are recommended. Other possibles include [REDACTED]. All have nondescript writing styles, low numbers of unique verbal tics, high error correction, low confidence (to aid townblocking), and high charismatic potential.
Last edited by Five Hargreeves on Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Five Hargreeves
Five Hargreeves
Goon
Five Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 4:01 pm

[REDACTED] here!

Soooo, I think that's a good idea for you, Enu, but maybe not like for all of us? Like, the postscript thingy?

[REDACTED] Already confirmed! Gonna get it easy! (Making a note! Curse saw this one and agreed, we're good!)

Plans plans plans... I don't know, seems real early still? Don't wanna bring in Nikki yet? Like ... I [REDACTED]? And that makes it worse? And so like, I would wanna have Nikki for like, long-range stuff... But I think it's too early... Feel like maybe Enu has the right idea? Like, let's wait on it.

Umm, of the two we got so far, I like Klaus maybe less? Like... [REDACTED], and Klaus feels real spooked, like! Like! Lily's just like yeah cool I'm here you know? And Klaus is like Uh Oh gonna Get Got? So maybe do the other way around so we can solve out Klaus off of being friendly to Lily or whatever?

--[REDACTED]
Last edited by Five Hargreeves on Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Five Hargreeves
Five Hargreeves
Goon
Five Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 4:11 pm

I would suggest that an approach revolving around Lily would require a more aggressive, combative tack. Lily is confidently self-placed. Klaus is placed weakly and is not happy about it. It follows that we get more engagement from attacking Lily than Klaus, and the same for being kind to Klaus over Lily.

Klaus wishes to leave their game position. They feel vulnerable and threatened. This appears to be an overall theme -- note appeasement language to the moderator. I believe it is a true reflection of player feelings, and not a deception. This is why I initially recommended the, in hindsight, mistaken tactic of downplaying the risk of Paragons -- an olive branch to a weakly placed player.

We have already committed to a decidedly nonhostile approach to playing the game. Between Ad as the Shroud and our early choice of aligning ourselves with Klaus, for better or worse, we are locked into a friendlier playstyle until we leave the introductory phase and move to a more direct gameplay phase. At that point, we may wish to disalign from Klaus and focus attentions on Lily or another player. It is noteworthy that there are two who have yet to show themselves.

MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 4:13 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

Ego from main

--Curse
199-member plural system. We kinda exploded. We'll sign if we switch, but it's a host-centric setup round here now.

It/its pronouns only.
Five Hargreeves
Five Hargreeves
Goon
Five Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 4:27 pm

[REDACTED] again!

Just a couple notes! I was scanning the player list and got a twinge of huh!

So, ummm, we've been saying Lily, but it's Lila. Oops. Remember, Lila, Lila, Lila. Not Lily. Only Lila.

Also, I think we found our other friend! I'm thinking Lila is probably Flea!

Let's don't gender for sure yet though? Need more than just the one post to be real sure, right? But I hope it's faer! Cause that's one we can totally solve out! And one we can solve off of!

--[REDACTED]

PS: Haha we should have gone Paragon! Got half the players already! But this time it's just the friends we want... no reason to dig any others up if Lila is Flea! Okay that's all!
Last edited by Five Hargreeves on Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Five Hargreeves
Five Hargreeves
Goon
Five Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 5:26 pm

I believe Klaus is scum.

Indecisive when someone says something self-deprecating. Thank you for including that, Ad.
Deeply nervous, to the point of actively admitting to projection.
Hypercommunicative. Ranty -- or rambly -- even.
Eager to please.

This speaks to me of someone out of their depth. I submit that the predictions for their own play will be self-deprecating, underwhelming, and overly detailed. Meanwhile, their predictions for the game will be vague, noncommittal, and where they don't fall back on the basic mechanics, they will be confused and aimless. There may be one solid prediction that is so left-field it feels like a long-shot. I submit we use such a hard prediction as a lever for soft pressure. We should play off of Klaus's uncertainty and obsequious demeanor aggressively, because it will allow other players to sink their teeth in, and that will give us reads.

Be careful not to become too overtly unfriendly, Ad. We have locked ourselves into a positive relationship with Klaus until the playerlist has arrived in full.

--Enu Kashkashshu, Ushdubsar.

POSTSCRIPTUM,
We mustn't allow Curse to listen to music while playing. It is too into this album, and it has disrupted my thought processes and careful wording several times. Pause music during play in the future.
Five Hargreeves
Five Hargreeves
Goon
Five Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 5:46 pm

I accept my failure. Klaus is undefined, as of yet.

Good idea with the hunting question, Ad.

Five Hargreeves
Five Hargreeves
Goon
Five Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 6:28 pm

You handled that sloppily, but we were all on that with hammers and teeth.

Recovering's gonna about pointing out four things:
1: The scumteam doesn't need to do anything but pour WIFOM in post-lim.
2: So Paragons can only rely on stuff before the lim.
3: Artificially stretching the day is a bad idea too, because a too-long day turns into noise without a guiding hand.
4: So the game should be played through normally.

Ad, you cannot be a town leader. You're staking one bad idea, that's it!

--Nikki
Five Hargreeves
Five Hargreeves
Goon
Five Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 6:46 pm

Don't feel good about this. Playing sloppy. Agitation's bad for me.

Cofront request.

-Ad.
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 7:02 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

I want to keep the alt on the thread. Holy shit, Ad. That was perfect. Maybe you can be town leader after all. Damn. I mean, sounds like I'm making fun of you, but seriously, checking the rules was brilliant. And getting it wrong first before you doublecheck makes Klaus have two options for how to respond, and we can absolutely binary sort off of that response. For someone who didn't want to play Mafia, you're killer.

--[REDACTED]/Nikki
Last edited by Five Hargreeves on Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
199-member plural system. We kinda exploded. We'll sign if we switch, but it's a host-centric setup round here now.

It/its pronouns only.
Five Hargreeves
Five Hargreeves
Goon
Five Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri May 26, 2023 6:01 am

Good call on the "never 5". Also, LLD seems to have picked up what you're putting down. They're going to be the strongest asset we have.

We need more interaction with Lila and need Vanya and Allison to show up. I think Klaus is scum? I think Enu was right about that, but thought it could do the clever thing and solve around. Also, don't remember what the two choices from last night were and don't think it matters. The hard pushing the actual time-limiting option is a bad look, and LLD confirms we're thinking about it right.

--Curse
Five Hargreeves
Five Hargreeves
Goon
Five Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri May 26, 2023 6:03 am

Oh, right, with the never 5 thing? If pressed, your answer has to be "Think about the game phases and do the math. No one is ever hunting in a pool of 5." Paraphrase it of course, but you know.

--Curse.
Five Hargreeves
Five Hargreeves
Goon
Five Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri May 26, 2023 6:47 pm

Korina is a difficulty. LLD might have enough of an idea of who we are to help defuse that, but that presents its own difficulties and isn't reliable.

I say you placate Korina and Lila, but maintain current interactions with Klaus. In general, attempt to placate those who find you abrasive, and just be yourself with others.

I should note by placate I do NOT mean alter your style. Ask what they want, give them what's requested, but maintain your stubborn self. Which you shouldn't have any problems with!

--Nikki
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat May 27, 2023 5:10 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

Well, we found Flea. And Flea found us.

LLD has our ID now if she didn't before, so the Paragons probably win if Lila is distinctive enough, or if Vanya narrows Lila down enough.

I'm legitimately worried for the town-game now.

--Curse

It/its pronouns only.
Five Hargreeves
Five Hargreeves
Goon
Five Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat May 27, 2023 6:19 am

Vanya's apparently IDed, so the Paragons will win soon. It was a good showing, Ad.

We should have gone Paragon after all. Found Flea and PC immediately, would have probably found LLD, and could probably rely on someone else to ID between Vanya and Lila. But my guess is Vanya is patchwork, so BB is Lila. Pure guesswork, though, I don't know those two and they aren't distinctive enough to me.

--Curse

Return to “Completed Game Topics”