He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

TM2023 Amnesiac Mafia Mod Topic

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:14 pm

Post by T-Bone »

DA RULES:

1. You may not discuss this game outside of this thread, with anyone, for any reason, unless your role specifically states that you can do so. I will supply anyone a Private Topic who is able to talk outside the thread.

2. Once you die in this game you may not post anymore. Not even a "Bah/Go Team" post. Please save it for the post-game thread.

3. You are dead when I say you are. Until I post that you are dead, you may talk.

4. Once you have received your Role PM, please confirm by replying to the Role PM.

5. No quoting PM's for ANY reason. If you have a question about your role, PM me. Do not ask in the thread. No quoting PTs or Mod communication either, you can still paraphrase, however.

6. The Day 1 phase will last a maximum of 12 days. Day 2 to 5 will last a maximum of 8 Days. Any game days past Day 5 will last a maximum of 6 days. At mod discretion night phase deadlines can be shortened. Prods will be sent out after 36 hours of inactivity. If after 48 hours of inactivity I will begin searching for a replacement.

7. All use of Night actions must be PMed to me. Anyone with a PT may declare their action in the PT instead.

8. All posts must contain visible letters. You cannot use text that has to be highlighted to read, or text so small that it has to be enlarged, or text that needs to be translated. Although, bbcoding your messages is allowed.

9. If you need to go V/LA for an extended period of time that will include not being able to post within a 48 hour period, please request replacement.

10. All votes must be in emboldened in this format using bold or vote tags: VOTE: Player A; if it's not in bold the vote does not count. Unvoting must be done in the same manner, though you do not need to include the name of the person you wish to unvote. For example;
Unvote Vote: Player B
. Unvoting isn't mandatory to vote another player, however doing so would be courteous to the Mod and help ensure the accuracy of vote counts.

11. This is a game of strategy, but it is also intended to be fun. Some people play this game more aggressively than others. Do not be offended by this! It’s best to not take most things said personally.

12. No excessive trolling or disruptive behavior in the thread. Examples of this may be repeated posts calling other players names, using excessive profanity, repeating the same post over and over again. Trolling or other disruptive behavior will be met with forced-replacement.

13. Please take care to not misgender your fellow players. Once is an accident. Multiple times is gonna get you forced-replaced.

14. I WILL NOT answer any questions concerning any of my posts in the thread. If you feel I made a mistake, you can point them out through PM. I will fix any mistakes that may exist quietly. If you have any questions about your role or game, PM me. If I can answer them I will as long as it does not compromise the game.

15. As your all powerful Game Mod I reserve the right to change the rules, with or without notice. Rules that are struck through do not apply to this game.
Last edited by T-Bone on Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:14 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Rules
A spell has been cast on all of you! You are suffering from Amnesia! This is not good, why?

Because come tomorrow you won't be able to remember what your role is. During Dawn phase, Amnesiac Roles will be distributed to all players. What does this mean?

Members of the town will get a generic Factional Role PM as shown below during Night 0 in the pre-game phase. At Dawn, members of the town will receive their Amnesiac Role. There are a number of roles in rotation that will be randomly distributed each Dawn Phase. That means that even dead players will be assigned Amnesiac Roles at Dawn. (Though they will not be PMed, since they are dead)

I have standardized terminology for Role PMs and Actions to make things as easy as possible.

There are three types of Abilities. Active Abilities, Passive Abilities, and Factional Abilities. Role PMs will refer to these abilities as such. Active abilities will require players to target one or more players. Some Active Abilities may have 'self' as a valid target. Passive Abilities are always active and don't require any further action by the player. Factional Abilities are unique to each faction, and may or may not require player targeting.

Night actions will be resolved with Natural Action Resolution. All abilities that fall under NAR are classified into one of the categories. For example, a Serial Killer's killing ability will be called a 'kill' in the text of the ability. A Firefighter's ability to stop fire-based kills will be called a 'protect' in the text of the ability.
Last edited by T-Bone on Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:22 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Sample Town Factional Role PM
PLAYER - Town Cast Member

Lights! Camera! Action! You are a cast member for Amnesiac Mafia: The Movie! Who hired you anyway? And where's your script? I don't remember...

Factional Ability

As a Cast Member you will receive an Amnesiac Role at the start of each day phase. That role will be your role for the entire day phase until the start of the next day phase.

You will always be aligned with the Town. Amnesiac Roles are not tied to a specific alignment.

Win Condition

You win when all threats to the Town Cast Members are eliminated.

Sample Amnesiac Role PM
PLAYER - Vanilla Background Character

Here's your script. You stand quietly over there, you have no lines. Sorry only the real stars get talking parts.

Passive Ability

Quiet on the set! You may post and cast votes during the day phase.

Mafia Roles

Pink Ball - Mafia Roleblocker (The Key Grip)

Quiet on the set! No one even knows what you do on a movie set, friend. Oh...is that why you're sabotaging this project?

Active Ability

Each night you make target a player and block any active ability night action they take.

Factional Abilities

Each night, one member of your squad may be designated to kill a player.

Your allies are....Thestatusquo, Dunnstral, Frozen Angel.

You have Daytalk, and may talk to your allies HERE.

Win Condition

You win when the mafia equal or outnumber the town and nothing can prevent this.

Thestatusquo - Mafia 2-Shot Magnetizer (The Stunt Double)

Quiet on the set! How are you feeling after falling down five flights of stairs while on fire? Listen the lead hates partially cloudy weather so we need you back on set. What do you mean you want to destroy this movie???

Active Ability

Once per night you may declare the name of an Amnesiac role, and assuming no interference, that role will be drawn as one of the fakeclaims for the Mafia for the following day.

Factional Abilities

Your allies are....Pink Ball, Dunnstral, Frozen Angel.

Win Condition

You win when the mafia equal or outnumber the town and nothing can prevent this.

Dunnstral - 3-Shot Mafia Sedater (The Stingy Investor)

Quiet on the set! If this eccentric producer wastes one more cent of your hard earned cash on yet ANOTHER 15-car pile up with real pyro you will probably go bankrupt. Yeah you're right, the insurance payout might be better than this movie.

Active Ability

Each night you may target another player and assuming no interference, force them to draw the
Vanilla Background Character
role for the following phase.

Factional Abilities

Your allies are....Pink Ball, Thestatusquo, Frozen Angel.

Win Condition

Frozen Angel - Mafia Goon (The Junior Assistant)

Quiet on the set! I'll take my coffee with three creams and no sugars. I know you thought you'd get to work with the director but you are so talented at running to the coffee shop! I think it's your calling? What do you mean you're calling a hit on the producer???

Factional Abilities

Your allies are....Pink Ball, Thestatusquo, Dunnstral.

Win Condition

---

Firebringer - Town Cast Member

Lights! Camera! Action! You are a cast member for Amnesiac Mafia: The Movie! Who hired you anyway? And where's your script? I don't remember...

Factional Ability

As a Cast Member you will receive an Amnesiac Role at the start of each day phase. That role will be your role for the entire day phase until the start of the next day phase.

You will always be aligned with the Town. Amnesiac Roles are not tied to a specific alignment.

Win Condition

DragonEater70 - Town Cast Member

Factional Ability

Win Condition

Ircher - Town Cast Member

Factional Ability

Win Condition

Kuribo - Town Cast Member

Factional Ability

Win Condition

GuyInFreezer - Town Cast Member

Factional Ability

Win Condition

Black - Town Cast Member

Factional Ability

Win Condition

Feysal - Town Cast Member

Factional Ability

Win Condition

Save The Dragons - Town Cast Member

Factional Ability

Win Condition

Drixx - Town Cast Member

Factional Ability

Win Condition

Titus - Town Cast Member

Factional Ability

Win Condition

Klick - Town Cast Member

Factional Ability

Win Condition

---

Amnesiac Roles

Here's your script. You stand quietly over there, you have no lines. Sorry only the real stars get talking parts.

Passive Ability

Passive Ability

Passive Ability

Passive Ability

Passive Ability

Passive Ability

Passive Ability

PLAYER - Amnesiac Lover (The Romeo)

Here's your script. Is this cliché putting Romeo and Juliet in this block buster movie? Yes, yes it is. The studio is convinced this will make millions! Just avoid all the sleeping potions.

Passive Abilities

If you have another Lover you'll find them HERE. If previous lovers have met up before, you will be able to see their conversations in the Lovers PT.

If you have another Lover and one of you dies, the other is scripted to immediately drink the poison and die in appropriately dramatic fashion.

If the other Lover Amnesiac Role is received by a player that is already dead, you will not commit suicide. You will not be notified what dead player received the role, if any.

PLAYER - Amnesiac Lover (The Juliet)

Here's your script. Is this cliché putting Romeo and Juliet in this block buster movie? Yes, yes it is. The studio is convinced this will make millions! Just avoid all the sleeping potions.

Passive Abilities

If you have another Lover you'll find them HERE. If previous lovers have met up before, you will be able to see their conversations in the Lovers PT.

If you have another Lover and one of you dies, the other is scripted to immediately drink the poison and die in appropriately dramatic fashion.

If the other Lover Amnesiac Role is received by a player that is already dead, you will not commit suicide. You will not be notified what dead player received the role, if any.

PLAYER - Amnesiac Catalyst Vigilante (The Detective Who Plays by His Own Rules)

Here's your script, Sergeant. You're all out of time for the rules and we didn't put any body footage in the movie, go wild, son!

Active Ability

Each night you may target another player for a night kill.

Passive Ability

As a Catalyst, your active ability only works if the player you target is also the target of another active ability. Otherwise, your active ability will fail and you will just visit the target instead.

PLAYER - Amnesiac Visionary (The Preacher Obsessed with the Occult)

Here's your script. You're here to preach the good word of the good lord (though we won't specify which good lord) and dispel all the demons!

Active Ability

Each night you may target another player. That player will learn what types of actions they were targeted with (killing, protective, investigative, blocking, manipulative) if any. They will not learn that they were targeted by this ability.

PLAYER - Amnesiac Caterer

Hmm...I don't have a script for you. Can you grab me a coffee and then 52 footlongs for the rest of the cast? Thanks.

Active Ability

Each night you may target any current living player in the playerlist (including yourself). Assuming no interference, they will receive the caterer role the following day. If you target a member of the mafia, a player who dies during the night, or are interfered with, this role's target will be randomized with the rest of the Amnesiac roles.

PLAYER - Amnesiac Commuter (The Sassy Cab Driver)

Here's your script, the meter is running! Your role is a bit part, give sassy advice to the other characters who end up in your cab! Play it with some heart!

Active Ability

Each night you may commute yourself from the game, preventing you from being targeted by any action during the night phase.

PLAYER - Amnesiac Macho Tracker (The Heroine With an Ancient Weapon)

Here's your script! You are the star of this film, and children will be emulating you for the next five years. Weapons training? Nah, we'll use CGI.

Active Ability

Each night you may target a player and learn who they visited during the night.

Passive Ability

If you are targeted by a protective action it will fail. You will not be informed of this.

PLAYER - Amnesiac Announcing Arbiter (The Corrupt Judge)

Here's your script, your honor! This small town runs through you and everyone knows it.

Active Ability

Each night you may declare two players. Assuming no interference, they will be prevented from targeting one another the following night phase.

Passive Ability

The players you declare will be told they were targeted with the Arbiter action (but not by whom).

PLAYER - Amnesiac Jailkeeper (The Everyman In Over Their Head)

Here's your script, pal. You were in the wrong place in the wrong time and now you're a protagonist. Crazy how that happens in the movies huh?

Active Ability

Each night you may target a player. You will protect them from killing actions and roleblock them.

PLAYER - Amnesiac Gravedigger (The Body Double)

You don't actually need a script, friend. Just stand in place when the stars need to take a break. No, not over there....over there!

Passive Ability

Each night you will always be shown as targeting the player who was killed with the mafia factional night kill. This cannot be prevented.
Last edited by T-Bone on Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:02 am, edited 5 times in total.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:50 am

Post by T-Bone »

I think I'm all good here. I don't think I've created any game breaking role combos.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:11 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Black (Good in Plaid)
Ircher
BlueSnakelet
(Whimsical Activities)
DragonEater70 (Pork Eaters)
Drixx (We Don’t Mafia)
Dunnstral (Polymewl)
Feysal (Ancient Guard)
Firebringer (Perfectly Balanced)
Frozen Angel (Shadow Syndicate)
GuyInFreezer (Average ™ Enjoyers)
Klick (Klickin’ Chickens)
Kuribo (Ghosts of NKs)
Pink Ball (Jingle Ballers)
Save The Dragons (Studies Show)
Thestatusquo (Frog Friends)
Titus (Crispy Cream Puffs)

Mafia Roleblocker
Mafia Magnetizer
Mafia Sedater
Mafia Goon
Cast Member
Cast Member
Cast Member
Cast Member
Cast Member
Cast Member
Cast Member
Cast Member
Cast Member
Cast Member
Cast Member

Lover Romeo
Lover Juliet
Catalyst Vigilante
Visionary
Caterer
Commuter
Macho Tracker
Announcing Arbiter
Jailkeeper
Gravedigger
Last edited by T-Bone on Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:15 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Cast Member - Firebringer
Mafia Sedater - Dunnstral
Cast Member - DragonEater70
Cast Member - BlueSnakelet
Cast Member - Kuribo
Cast Member - GuyInFreezer
Cast Member - Black
Cast Member - Feysal
Mafia Roleblocker - Pink Ball
Cast Member - Save The Dragons
Cast Member - Drixx
Mafia Goon - Frozen Angel
Mafia Magnetizer - Thestatusquo
Cast Member - Titus
Cast Member - Klick

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:14 am

Post by T-Bone »

Black - Vanilla
BlueSnakelet - Romeo
DragonEater70 - Caterer
Drixx - Commuter
Dunnstral - Vanilla
Feysal - Vanilla
Firebringer - Arbiter
Frozen Angel - Vigilante
GuyInFreezer - Vanilla
Klick - Visionary
Kuribo - Juliet
Pink Ball - Tracker
Save The Dragons - Jailkeeper
Thestatusquo - Vanilla
Titus - Vanilla
Unused - Gravedigger
Unused - Vanilla

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:22 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Night 1
Drixx - Commuter - Commutes
Firebringer - Arbiter - No action
Klick - Visionary - Dunnstral
Save The Dragons - Jailkeeper - Kuribo

Pink Ball - Roleblock - GuyInFreezer
TSQ - Magnetize - Mason - Fails
Dunn - Sedate - Klick
Factional Kill via Frozen Angel - Feysal

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:32 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Day 2

Black - Caterer
Drixx - Vanilla
Dunnstral - Vigilante
Firebringer - Vanilla
Frozen Angel - Arbiter
GuyInFreezer - Commuter
Ircher - Vanilla
Klick - Vanilla
Kuribo - Romeo
Pink Ball - Vanilla
Save The Dragons - Tracker
Thestatusquo - Gravedigger
Titus - Jailkeeper
Dead - Vanilla
Dead - Vanilla
Unused - Juliet
Unused - Vanilla

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2023 5:36 am

Post by T-Bone »

Night 2
Black - Caterer - Firebringer
GuyInFreezer - Commute - Success
STD - Track - TSQ (No target) - BLOCKED

Pink Ball - Roleblock - STD
TSQ - Magnetize - "Lender" - Fail
Dunn - Sedate - Klick
Factional Kill via Frozen Angel - Black
Last edited by T-Bone on Thu May 04, 2023 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2023 5:42 am