Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:32 pm

Post by icemanE »

has wrote: No...
What are you trying to say?
Just saying that we can't trust the SB 100% - we don't know if he's on our side yet or not.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:32 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

icemanE wrote:
Question for mod:

As "super bacjup", will I assume the role of suicide bomber if he kills himself?

We should think about how to utilize my role as best we can. What role would be most useful for us to have two of? It almost makes sense to me to take our chances and lynch the role we think it would be worth having another of so we don't waste our chance for a duplicate of that role on a NK. What do you think?
I think that is a really scummy suggestion. You want to get rid of the role we think we should have another of to give it to you? We don't know your alignment. You could be scum wanting the town to give the most useful power role to you so the scum are uber powerful. I don't like it.
FoS: icemanE
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:33 pm

Post by icemanE »

Also, I sincerely hope you aren't scum Has, as that last statement will be a death sentence for me if you are.

Anyways, I was just thinking about my last post - it doesn't make sense to lynch the most useful role, as once I assume that role, I'm up for a NK anyways. So nevermind.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:34 pm

Post by icemanE »

has wrote: You want to get rid of the role we think we should have another of to give it to you? We don't know your alignment.
Good point.

So should we be more focused on standard scumhunting this game, or on utilizing the roles as best we can?
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:47 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Vote Count

charter - 1 (hasdgfas)

Not voting: Alabaska J, armlx, cerebus3, Crazy, Empking, icemanE, nhat, pwnz, wolframnhart, ZombieSlayer54, charter

With 12 alive, it will take 7 to lynch. The deadline for day 1 is Saturday, August 15 at 7:00 PM Pacific.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:04 pm

Post by cerebus3 »

Mod
If I put someone with a day ability in jail, can they still use their ability during the day?

Yes.

vote: IcemanE
that was a very scummy suggestion.
"Insanity is the last defense of the master bureaucrat"

I am busy mondays through wednesdays, and sometimes thursdays. My posting with be sporadic during that time period.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:39 pm

Post by nhat »

Ooooh, the day begins!

vote - armlx
for having the wackest power role in the game (MUP). I can't imagine in any instance how it could be useful.

Also, post 43 looks like jibberish to me. Not in the sense that it's scummy, only in the sense that I don't know what on earth you are talking about. Hopefully you can reword it, and then I'll take my vote off you.....maybe :twisted:
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:55 pm

Post by Empking »

Vote: wolframnhart

I really don't like the idea of a dayvig who might be scum.

On the other hand, I do quite like the "kill a lot on day 1" plan though six deaths on day 1 would be a bit too much, four seems a bit much.

I think the "kill a good role so I can take it" was more of a moment of idiocy rather than a scum tell but I'm not sure if it was a town moment or scum moment.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:15 am

Post by Crazy »

nhat wrote:vote - armlx for having the wackest power role in the game (MUP). I can't imagine in any instance how it could be useful.
Armlx's role should be used on scummy people. The protecting part is useless, but blocking, investigating, and killing follow the same lead.

I'd also like to note that we have quite a few protective roles (I count the WATCHA as a protective role), so we can keep the mafia from killing whomever they want for a while.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:23 am

Post by charter »

icemanE wrote:We should think about how to utilize my role as best we can. What role would be most useful for us to have two of? It almost makes sense to me to take our chances and lynch the role we think it would be worth having another of so we don't waste our chance for a duplicate of that role on a NK. What do you think?
Hate to be the third one to say it, but this is a bad idea cause we don't know if you're protown or antitown.
icemanE wrote:So should we be more focused on standard scumhunting this game, or on utilizing the roles as best we can?
I hope that wasn't a serious question. Definately scumhunting... Scum will try and get you to waste time during the day arguing about what role should do what instead of looking for them. I think it might even be better to not plan out night actions. This way, the next day, you have some explaining to do on why you did what you did. Plus then the scum wont know how we're acting.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:31 am

Post by Empking »

Can someone tell me what I should do at night? I'm really unsure.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:45 am

Post by charter »

Empking wrote:Can someone tell me what I should do at night? I'm really unsure.
At this point, no.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:59 am

Post by Crazy »

Empking wrote:Can someone tell me what I should do at night? I'm really unsure.
Well, I suggest you give your invention to someone who you think is pro-town.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:03 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Empking wrote:

On the other hand, I do quite like the "kill a lot on day 1" plan though six deaths on day 1 would be a bit too much, four seems a bit much.

I think the "kill a good role so I can take it" was more of a moment of idiocy rather than a scum tell but I'm not sure if it was a town moment or scum moment.
So you would vote me, out of the other dayvigs? Kinda random there since there are worse potential killers.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:06 am

Post by Empking »

All the other dayvigs?
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:17 am

Post by icemanE »

charter wrote: I hope that wasn't a serious question. Definately scumhunting... Scum will try and get you to waste time during the day arguing about what role should do what instead of looking for them. I think it might even be better to not plan out night actions. This way, the next day, you have some explaining to do on why you did what you did. Plus then the scum wont know how we're acting.
I disagree - utilizing the roles will be a great advantage for us. As long as we decide that it will take a town consensus before someone uses a dayvig power, we essentially get free kills and delay heading into the night phase by lynching. The consensus is key, though - I think we should look at utilizing dayvig powers in the same way we look at voting.
charter wrote: Hate to be the third one to say it, but this is a bad idea cause we don't know if you're protown or antitown.
Why even bother saying this? I've already said it myself. It looks to me like subtle buddying with others who've already said it. This, combined with the suggestion that we ignore the fact that we've been given power roles that could be of great benefit for the town AND keep our night actions secret warrants a
vote: Charter
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:39 am

Post by Empking »

wolframnhart wrote:
Empking wrote:

So you would vote me, out of the other dayvigs? Kinda random there since there are worse potential killers.
Yes and their aren't worse potential killers.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:00 am

Post by wolframnhart »

So the SB isnt a worse potential killer? Taking out himself and another person?
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:01 am

Post by Empking »

No because you take someone out without killing yourself.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:04 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Alright fine, so you vote for me, because i MIGHT be scum as you say. You haven't even given me any chance on real posting before hand.

You seem to be focusing on the fact that my role sounds scummy more then any evidence i might be scum.

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:07 am

Post by charter »

Well, I've found the first scum.
icemanE wrote:
charter wrote: I hope that wasn't a serious question. Definately scumhunting... Scum will try and get you to waste time during the day arguing about what role should do what instead of looking for them. I think it might even be better to not plan out night actions. This way, the next day, you have some explaining to do on why you did what you did. Plus then the scum wont know how we're acting.
I disagree - utilizing the roles will be a great advantage for us. As long as we decide that it will take a town consensus before someone uses a dayvig power, we essentially get free kills and delay heading into the night phase by lynching. The consensus is key, though - I think we should look at utilizing dayvig powers in the same way we look at voting.
So why did you ask a question if you won't listen to the answer you didn't want to hear?
icemanE wrote:
charter wrote: Hate to be the third one to say it, but this is a bad idea cause we don't know if you're protown or antitown.
Why even bother saying this? I've already said it myself. It looks to me like subtle buddying with others who've already said it. This, combined with the suggestion that we ignore the fact that we've been given power roles that could be of great benefit for the town AND keep our night actions secret warrants a
vote: Charter
How is that buddying? Obviously I thought it needed pointed out again.

Now you're putting words in my mouth as well. I said we don't decide how we're going to use them so soon, not that we don't use them. Go back and reread my posts and you'll see that my problem with hasjhsdh's suggestion was that I thought he wanted to decide how to use them immediately. We have a long day, no sense in cutting short. Also, how is me saying we should keep the night actions private until the next day scummy? You say that it is, but don't say why. I've said why I think it's the best course of action.

Your whole basic reason for voting me is that I hold a different opinion than yours, so I must be scum.
vote icemanE
for his craplogic and word twisting.

Let me explain what I think we should do very clearly so you can't twist it around anymore.

If you plan out your night actions publically, scum can slip through the cracks easier. Plus, when (if we decide to) people reveal their night actions the next day, everyone will have to explain why they did what. Scum won't be making the optimal moves (because it would lead to killing their buddies) and will be easy to spot. Since no one has said any reason not to do this, I think this is the best course of action right now. Along with not making hasty decisions with how to use the power roles.

Also suspicious of crazy for giving a ruling on Empking's role so soon.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:10 am

Post by wolframnhart »

charter wrote:Along with not making hasty decisions with how to use the power roles.
Absolutely. If we just all go "OMG i have a cool power check it out!!!" and go for it, then it would make a short game.

icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:24 am

Post by icemanE »

charter wrote: Well, I've found the first scum.
I figured we'd get some OMGUS out of Charter judging by his early play, which is another reason I thought he'd be a good target for a vote - and I was right.

charter wrote: So why did you ask a question if you won't listen to the answer you didn't want to hear?
Wait - so you're suggesting that when you ask a question you automatically have to agree with every answer to the question? No.
How is that buddying? Obviously I thought it needed pointed out again.
I think it's buddying simply because it was outrageously uneccesary for you to even say it - obviously you thought you needed to point it out again, yes. But why? Three people including myself, who made the original statement, already did. I think it's buddying because you're promoting yourself as a protown player by restating something that's already been said two too many times.
charter wrote: We have a long day, no sense in cutting short.
EXACTLY - we can make the day EVEN LONGER by properly utilizing our power roles...
Also, how is me saying we should keep the night actions private until the next day scummy?
The whole idea behind mafia is that it's an uninformed majority vs an informed minority. If we can get the majority as informed of what's happening as possible, we'll be on higher ground.
If you plan out your night actions publically, scum can slip through the cracks easier. Plus, when (if we decide to) people reveal their night actions the next day, everyone will have to explain why they did what.
Scum can still like about their night actions... as can everyone else, for that matter. If everyone says "this is what I'm going to do tonight" before they do it, and the actions the next day don't match up with what they said they were going to do... THEN they'll have explaining to do. If no one knows what anyone else is going to be doing that night, we'll have overlapping effects and things will become totally muddled - the inventor might wind up giving his invention to the same person that the MUP and vote motivator target, and if that person is scum, then we're fucked. Planning out night actions in advance is clearly the better course of action.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:46 am

Post by charter »

iceman, before I respond to your post, do you know what OMGUS is and do you know why I voted you?
pwnz
pwnz
Goon
pwnz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:10 am

Post by pwnz »

/confirm

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”