Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:51 am

Post by Muerrto »

ting =) wrote:Yes, they contradict.

At the time of my first post, strangercoug and strife were both at 3 votes each.

Whoever I voted would have been the lynch. If I picked the scum correctly, they would have spammed the thread.

I decided then that I'd watch whoever I voted for. If they spammed, they're scum. If they didn't, then they're most probably town.

Since stranger didn't spam, I'm inclined to think that he's town. This doesn't make strife scum, but it does make me think that my vote on strangercoug is on the wrong place. Hence, the switch to strife.
WTF! You mean spam their 100 posts before they get killed off? Did it ever occur to you that maybe the scum didn't think that far ahead?! Did it ever occur to you that you've NOW given them that idea? Did it ever occur to you that if you're town you've now completely derailed the scumhunt for today because you've pulled the town's attention(sice you say Stranger's town) on yourself? And if Strife's town and didn't think about spamming? What then? And we've got 2-4 scum out there and now they know to spam their posts before they die.

That's the SECOND time you've helped the scum. Dude. Possibly keeping your strategies to yourself may help a bit more.

Grr...this discussion is killing me and my partner's post count.

Unvote, Vote: Stranger

Because I don't think Ting's scum, just umm...lacking thought at this time(hey I tried to make it sound nice).
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:08 am

Post by ting =) »

WTF! You mean spam their 100 posts before they get killed off? Did it ever occur to you that maybe the scum didn't think that far ahead?! Did it ever occur to you that you've NOW given them that idea?
Wait, we're supposed to assume that the scum
haven't
realized that? Xyzzy posted how the nk works. I really doubt they couldn't have seen that.
And we've got 2-4 scum out there and now they know to spam their posts before they die.
No, just 2. Xyzzy already said the setup is 10:2 mountainous.

---

Finally, I made sure to look at the time tags before changing my vote - the lynch is past already.

Stranger, who I think is town, would have been lynched if I hadn't switched, 5 days is past.

I waited until the last moment to see if stranger would spam, and then switched to strife,
at the last moment
so he wouldn't have time to spam.
maxwellhouse
maxwellhouse
Goon
maxwellhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:35 am

Post by maxwellhouse »

okay, by my scanning, this is the votes as of right now:

icemuffin: strife220
StrangerCoug: Now a JDodge, maxwellhouse, Lawrencelot-Muerrto
strife220: icemuffin, Green Cow, ting=)
ting=): StrangerCoug

this is bad, REALLY bad. we can NOT afford a double lynch right now. i don't know where xyzzy is right now to close the day, but the last two people are strife and strangercoug... argh. i'm assuming they're going to vote for each other... i really don't want to vote strife as i don't think he's mafia, though the name claim thing is kind of strange. =/ but if it's to avoid a double lynch.

unvote
vote: strife220

ting- what the frick is up with your vote? that is SUCH faulty logic. hasn't it occurred to you that strife hasn't been spamming either? and that even though your switch from strangercoug vote to strife vote, you are taking a vote off of someone to make the double lynch possible? thought you yourself don't find strife guilty?
Now a JDodge
Now a JDodge
Townie
Now a JDodge
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:38 am

Post by Now a JDodge »

Trojan Horse here again. Posting to avoid modkill.

(maxwellhouse: the 5 day mark has been reached. ting switched votes at the last second; strife has been lynched. We're in twilight.)

Forgive me for the lack of posting. I checked the thread yesterday, and I would have spoken up if need be; but it looked certain that stranger was going to be lynched, and that was fine with me. So I conserved my posts. I was shocked to see ting switch votes today; didn't see that coming.

Ting, I don't know about this plan of yours. First of all, I'm not convinced that stranger is town, just because he didn't spam the thread. Perhaps he just didn't think of it. Of course, if strife really IS scum (as you now suspect), he's STILL gonna spam the thread, now that you gave him the idea. We're in twilight; posts are still allowed until xyzzy officially announces the lynch. I just hope that, if strife IS scum, that xyzzy gets here before strife does. Otherwise, here comes the spam.
Muerrto wrote:That's the SECOND time you've helped the scum. Dude. Possibly keeping your strategies to yourself may help a bit more.
My thoughts exactly.

As a final point: ting, your last second switch to strife gives me some thoughts that YOU might be scum. Let's see here: you save Stranger at the last second, and you also start talking about how a doomed scum might spam the thread. Perhaps you're scummates with Stranger, and you were trying to give him some strategy. Farfetched? Perhaps, but I can't help thinking it.

Anyway: strife, if you are scum, please don't spam the thread. Just let xyzzy announce your lynch. No need to waste your time spamming. Please? :?
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:45 am

Post by strife220 »

Assuming that scum are going to spam the thread before a lynch is a terrible assumption to make. Based on StrangerCoug's unvote from me and attack on Ting, I don't think he even realized that he was risking his own lynch by doing so.

I'm nearly positive day is over, but
Unvote, Vote: StrangerCoug
if it's as all possible it will help.

If I'm lynched, I suppose I'll throw out whatever I can to help.

Roleclaims:
I still hope to see them all come out. I'm still unsure if scum have MS names or they don't. My role PM as well as the flavor of the game call pro-town people "friends of xyyzy" or something like that. My guess would be that even if scum do have MS names, they may be more hated players of the game or something like that. Once everyone has claimed it will hopefully be a bit more obvious if anything useful will come out of it or not.

Vibes:
Unfortunately I don't have a great idea of who scum is. Icemuffin and Greenman's attack on me I felt was very suspicious. NAJ is doing a fair job of playing pro-town. Muerrto's play seems pro-town too, but I'm a little cautious that his defense of me was buddying. I don't think Ting's lynch on me was scummy just stupid - I'd still peg him as pro-town. Stranger I'm not sure on. Maxwellhouse I think may likely be scum.

I'm at work so don't have time to post a more detailed analysis. If I get home still alive I'll say more
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
maxwellhouse
maxwellhouse
Goon
maxwellhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:29 am

Post by maxwellhouse »

NAJD wrote:(maxwellhouse: the 5 day mark has been reached. ting switched votes at the last second; strife has been lynched. We're in twilight.)
is it? i checked the last time day ended- it never specifically ended at a 120 hour deadline. so i'm going to make this post just in case. i really really apologize for making this post if it is of no use to vote again.

grr i want to keep strife in the game...

unvote strife
vote strangercoug

if we play this right, hopefully we can still make it before 250 posts. at this point, i think it's possible.

i'll try to make this as useful as possible for a quickie before deadline if it's not deadline already.

this fiasco of lynching and switching lynches is just so not thought out. the amount of posts since xyzzy last posted.

sc- ii
strife - iiii
GC - iii
icemuffin - iiii
maxwellhouse - iii (including this one)
muerrto - iiii
ting - iiiii
NAJD - i

strangercoug, strangely enough, has only posted twice though he was pretty close to lynch. i'm not exactly sure what to think of that.
strife and icemuffin were arguing about nameclaims and votes and whatnot, so i understand that.
muerrto was freaking out at ting=) lately, bring his posts up.
i had a little bit more posts than i should have, but i'm leaving to go somewhere tomorrow, so i might as well post now than possibly get modkilled. because i don't know exactly when i will have internet again.
ting has the most posts out of everyone... it was because of the voting and explanations afterward, but still, was it necessary to have 5 posts in 2 days?

i don't know if this helps at all, but i really really did not like that lynch switch.

i also have a point of ting=), though i'll have to wait for this question below to be answered before making the point.

as for nameclaiming: doesn't it say in the rules we're not supposed to role claim =/? and to no use name claims as evidence of alignment? =/ if these are allowed, then i will also nameclaim and i will explain why i feel suspicious of ting.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:58 pm

Post by strife220 »

ting =) 2:57pm monday wrote:
unvote. vote: strangercoug
That put Stranger at 4 votes

ting =) 12:44pm tuesday wrote:
unvote. vote:strife
That switched From Stranger with 4 votes to me, putting me in the lead.
StrangerCoug 1:14pm tuesday wrote:
Unvote: strife220
Vote: ting =)
That takes me off of 4 votes, only being at 4 for half an hour.
xyyzy wrote: At the end of each day, whoever has had the most votes on them for the longest time will be lynched even if that person already has a majority of votes on them before deadline.

I interpret the rules to mean that, if Stranger spent one hours at 4 votes all of D2, and I spent half an hour at 4 votes, then Stranger would be lynched, regardless of what the last vote count of the day would be.

Assuming that I'm wrong, I'd look very closely at Maxwell's play over the last page. He doesn't want a double lynch (which is not what would happen in that case), so he voted me, and then after it was said that I was officially lynched, he changed his vote to StrangerCoug. That seems like scrambling away from responsibility.

maxwellhouse wrote:as for nameclaiming: doesn't it say in the rules we're not supposed to role claim =/? and to no use name claims as evidence of alignment? =/ if these are allowed, then i will also nameclaim and i will explain why i feel suspicious of ting.
In this specific game, it is not against the rules. In some games names have no relevance to alignment. We're unsure of whether that is true or not in this game - we'll find out when the first scum dies. That's my main interest with the name claiming, we might be able to use scum #1s name-claim/actual name to help us find scum #2. It's a bit of a long shot, but it shouldn't hurt. People shouldn't be discussing names in too much depth until one scum is dead, or at the very least, when all name-claims are out.
Icemuffin
Icemuffin
Townie
Icemuffin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by Icemuffin »

Muf here

Well first off I really hope that the day hasnt ended yet as strife is not scum. I just cant imagine him being scum after his last 2 posts. He hasnt look scummy to me the whole time except for the fact he claims to have the name of a non ms player.

so just incase we are still on day 2

unvote,
vote strangercoug

At the time of my first post, strangercoug and strife were both at 3 votes each.

Whoever I voted would have been the lynch. If I picked the scum correctly, they would have spammed the thread.

I decided then that I'd watch whoever I voted for. If they spammed, they're scum. If they didn't, then they're most probably town.

Since stranger didn't spam, I'm inclined to think that he's town. This doesn't make strife scum, but it does make me think that my vote on strangercoug is on the wrong place. Hence, the switch to strife.
I totally disagree with ur theory ting. If coug was scum and chose to flood the game with all his posts then the total would be around 190 since this is only the 106th post meaning scum still dont even get a nk. If i was scum then I would just try to defend myself from being lynched because if I suceed then a townie is lynched which is just as good as a nk if you see what I mean.

@NaJd- How about we get every single person in the hydra to give us an oponion of who they think is scum and who they think is town. 9 oponions is much more usfull then just the one. I suggest putting this into 1 or 2 posts.

Anyways coug you are most likely going to be lynched tomorrow. What do you have to say to that?
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:09 pm

Post by ting =) »

maxwell wrote:ting- what the frick is up with your vote? that is SUCH faulty logic. hasn't it occurred to you that strife hasn't been spamming either? and that even though your switch from strangercoug vote to strife vote, you are taking a vote off of someone to make the double lynch possible? thought you yourself don't find strife guilty?
URggggh. Haven't you read the rules AT ALL? - there's no double lynch. Whoever has the most votes on him the longest is lynched.

At the moment, and the deadline is past - strife is dead. Even if it weren't past the deadline, since muerrto unvoted stranger, he dropped to 2 votes momentarily, so though they're currently at tie, strife had 3 votes for the longest amount of time.

Also, read my reply to muerrto - I don't know if strife is guilty, but i do know that i don't think strangercoug is town, i don't want him lynched. It boils down to me currently thinking that strangercoug is townier, which means that given a choice of a stranger lynch or a strife lynch, i'd go with strife.

[quote="najd,trojan]Perhaps he just didn't think of it. Of course, if strife really IS scum (as you now suspect), he's STILL gonna spam the thread, now that you gave him the idea. We're in twilight; posts are still allowed until xyzzy officially announces the lynch. I just hope that, if strife IS scum, that xyzzy gets here before strife does. Otherwise, here comes the spam.[/quote]

First off, I'm pretty sure that if a scum were about to die, he'd have spammed. I just honestly can't believe that he wouldn't have realized not to, it's like the most blatantly obvious thing to do once you're at near death.
maxwell wrote:if we play this right, hopefully we can still make it before 250 posts.
No. You're not listening. We can't.
muffin wrote:If coug was scum and chose to flood the game with all his posts then the total would be around 190 since this is only the 106th post meaning scum still dont even get a nk. If i was scum then I would just try to defend myself from being lynched because if I suceed then a townie is lynched which is just as good as a nk if you see what I mean.
Stranger was going to
die.
I'll say it again, I waited till the last moment to switch. There was no more time for him to defend himself. If he was scum, he wouldn't have wasted his posts.

----

Okay, strife's latest posts make me think he's probably town. That said, I still don't think strangercoug is scum.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:05 am

Post by Muerrto »

I'm sorry Ting but not everyone thinks that far ahead. I can honestly(and if/when I die and you see my role you'll know it's honest) say I DID NOT think of that. Does that make me a bad player? I don't think so. Apparently quite a few others didn't think of it either according to their posts.

You seem to like theory and numbers etc. That's great, not everyone thinks that way. What you did was tell any scum that DIDN'T think that way a GAME BREAKING tactic and at the same time vote for someone who's OBV TOWN because they also didn't see that tactic as possible.

If Strife's town his death is on your head.

I'm ready to kill Stranger tomorrow.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:40 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Don't like Muerrto's posts still. Details coming soon. Our mod needs to be modkilled by his own rules.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:48 am

Post by xyzzy »

Hi everyone, sorry my V/LA has been messing with this game. I'm going to ignore the last 48 hours for activity level purposes, since it's my fault we didn't go to day then - if someone went 72 hours without posting, and only 24 of those were during what's supposed to be day, then they won't die. I'll make that actual check later on - presently I only have time to actually confirm that StrangerCoug is dead, but it appears everyone is good. Happy Green Shirt Thursday!

Votecount 2-2icemuffin: strife220
StrangerCoug: Now a JDodge, maxwellhouse, Lawrencelot-Muerrto, icemuffin
strife220: Green Cow, ting =)
ting =): StrangerCoug

Not voting:

You all decide to lynch StrangerCoug for some reason (No, I don't have time to read this game while V/LA, thankyouverymuch); "No!" he shouts, "I'm JEEP! The whole site will break down if I die! Then you'll be-"

No one heard was he said because he suddenly had a stroke and a heart attack at the same time, while meanwhile artery trouble caused blood to stop going to his brain, while meanwhile a spider that somehow got into his skull chews away several necessary pieces of his brain, and Lilith eats his soul. And he was
JEEP, one of Ether's minions!

It is now
DAY THREE.
Icemuffin
Icemuffin
Townie
Icemuffin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:03 am

Post by Icemuffin »

Ting wrote: I'll admit I have no case on strife. I do, however, now think that strangercoug is town.
unvote - vote: Ting

for that terrible inconsistency near the end of day 2, evidently an attempt at derailing the strangercoug lynch after bussing him.

Also, it appears my "scum have non-MS names" theory is out the window. However, that doesn't change my mind about strife's claim - in fact, it makes me more sure it's fake. Stranger's was yet another MS name, and we still have no evidence whatsoever that there are non-MS names in this game other than strife's claim, which has yet to be supported with hard facts.

I have a tough time believing scum would ride their partner's bandwagon to the end in this setup, with only 2 of them against 10 town. Therefore I'm going to set aside suspicions of those on stranger's wagon at the end of day 2 - that is, Now a JDodge, maxwellhouse, and Lawrencelot-Muerrto. This also increases my suspicion of Ting - like I said, he pulled out in the 11th hour and attempted to change the lynch.

Also, I doubt Ting's theory about the scum spamming the thread is going to hold water anymore - there's only one of them left, so they probably won't sign their death warrant by spamming and giving themselves away - even if they hit the 250 post mark and get an NK, they'll simply be lynched at the end of the day for a town win. We're now at 6 townies to 1 scum, nowhere near lylo, and we're only at post 111. We may prevent an NK yet. In fact, Ting's continual suggestion that we can't prevent an NK no longer holds water either, as long as we nail scum this go around. I'm feeling better and better about my vote the more I think about it.

Ting wrote:Also, read my reply to muerrto - I don't know if strife is guilty,
but i do know that i don't think strangercoug is town, i don't want him lynched.
It boils down to me currently thinking that strangercoug is townier, which means that given a choice of a stranger lynch or a strife lynch, i'd go with strife.
@Ting - I'm guessing that the bolded above is a typo? Or was it a slipup?
Now a JDodge
Now a JDodge
Townie
Now a JDodge
Townie
Townie

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:37 am

Post by Now a JDodge »

Hello folks. Trojan Horse here. I think my last post deserves a little bit of an explanation, so here it is.

Contrary to what I said in post 103, I knew that StrangerCoug had been lynched, not strife. Here are the two relevant posts:
xyzzy wrote:...

killa seven is lynched. He was Mr. Flay, a townie.

"Everyone," killa seven shouted, "I'm most definitely not scum! You see, I'm Mr. Flay - an all around fantasti-"

He didn't finish that sentence, for suddenly a bullet entered his head, seemingly from nowhere. What a shame.

IT IS NOW DAY TWO.
That was posted last Thursday at 11:13AM, MS time. That post started the 120 hour countdown.
ting =) wrote:
unvote. vote:strife

It's nearly deadline. I was waiting to see if strangercoug would spam the thread, he hasn't.

He's posted at other threads on the site since my post, so he's not v/la.

I'll admit I have no case on strife. I do, however, now think that strangercoug is town.

----
This was the post where ting switched his vote to strife, supposedly at the very last minute. That was posted Tuesday at
12:44PM
, MS time. One hour and 31 minutes too late. My guess is that ting got messed up on the time zones or something.

So if I knew Stranger was the lynch and not strife, why did I agree with ting and say that strife was lynched? I was trying to trick the scum. I didn't want them to take advantage of the "spam the thread" strategy that ting mentioned. Here's what I was thinking:

1. If Stranger is scum, he'll think that he's still alive. So he won't try to spam the thread, since that would give him away.

2. If strife is scum, he'll think that he's been lynched. So he WILL try to spam the thread while it's still twilight. Which is good on balance, cause then we'll know he's scum, and we can lynch him next.

Reverse psychology FTW. "Oh please, strife! Please don't spam the thread if you're scum! Please!" :D I'm sorry for prolonging the confusion over who had been lynched, but I figured it was necessary; I had to try to make the scum slip up.

Having said all that: I now REALLY think that ting is scum. Seems like he tried to save his scummate at the last minute (though he got the timing wrong), and at the same time, tried to pass some strategy to his partner, by talking about how the scum could spam the thread. No one else looks scummy to me at the moment, so...

Vote: Ting

Ladies and germs, I think we've got this thing locked up.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:21 am

Post by Muerrto »

I'm sorry, but there was no way in hell Ting was gonna desperately try to save his partner like that. If I were him I'd have bussed the hell out of him.

I'm definitely feeling more one of those that were on Strife the whole time like Ice or Max. Definitely feeling more Ice so for now

Vote: Ice

And coming out immediately on Ting was even more of a tell.

Ting wasn't scummy, he simply thought that people thought thru the ins and outs of the game as much as he did. Apparently, Stranger hadn't.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:05 am

Post by ting =) »

Hello all.

I'm having exams now, so I won't be able to check in as much, but I will make sure to post every 3 days.

@mue.
Okay, it was a bad call on my part, I admit. But then, I was being asked for reasons why I did what I did.

@muffin.
No, they can't spam anymore. With one dead, they can't nk unless we reach page 6. I'll go check on everyone's remaining post count when I have the time, but yes, we can avoid the nk with minimal posting now.

@najd-trojan.
It appears I do have the time wrong. I thought I'd switched with 30 minutes to go.
Seems like he tried to save his scummate at the last minute (though he got the timing wrong), and at the same time, tried to pass some strategy to his partner, by talking about how the scum could spam the thread.
I can't deny that it would look that way, but then why would I vote strangercoug in the first place? All I did with putting my vote on him and then unvoting at the last moment was draw attention to myself. Yes, this is wifom, but so is your point.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:30 am

Post by strife220 »

First off: Given that SC was Jeep, I think name-claiming officially becomes useless. I'll be interested in asking xyyzy what I'm a freaking pirate once the game is over.

Second: I still don't think Ting is scum. He could have got my lynched without risking SC's life. SC's unvote and vote for Ting on post 97 is a little confusing though - it seems like a nonsensical move to make regardless of alignment.

Third: This game is very bus-unfriendly. It's now 6 town and 1 scum. I think scum would not be on the SC wagon unless they thought his death was inevitable.

Fourth: I think the game has gotten to the point where we're guaranteed not to have 2 mafia-kills occurring, and we would need to post ultra-conservative to prevent 1 kill. Noise posts are still obviously unnecessary, but I think we should feel free to post at whatever rate we feel comfortable with. With one scum dead, we now have much more to discuss, and I'd rather 4 more pages of text with 1 scum-kill than have to find the last scum in the next page 35 posts (at which point scum gains suicide-vig ability).

Maxwell house: Please explain your thought process in post 102 and 105 in detail. The unvote on me and vote on SC long after deadline, as well as the thinking there will be a double-lynch, is confusing.

IceMuffin:
Here's a lovely contradiction for you to elaborate on:
Icemuffin wrote:Muf here

Well first off I really hope that the day hasnt ended yet as strife is not scum. I just cant imagine him being scum after his last 2 posts. He hasnt look scummy to me the whole time except for the fact he claims to have the name of a non ms player.

unvote,
vote strangercoug
Icemuffin wrote:Also, it appears my "scum have non-MS names" theory is out the window. However, that doesn't change my mind about strife's claim - in fact, it makes me more sure it's fake. Stranger's was yet another MS name, and we still have no evidence whatsoever that there are non-MS names in this game other than strife's claim, which has yet to be supported with hard facts.

If it wasn't for the fact that Icemuffin was voting for SC for a bit on D2, he'd be my #1 suspect. Instead, it's Greencow.
I claimed post 81
Post 82 (30 minutes after post 81), Greencow, who is currently voting Icemuffin, makes a lengthy post towards Muerrto.
Post 83 (1 minute after post 82), Icemuffin comes in and votes me.
I make my defense, Icemuffin makes his counter-defense, and then GreenCow comes in, sides with Icemuffin (his previous #1 suspect), calls my defense WIFOM, and plops his vote on me with some (I think) crappy reasoning to put me at 3 votes. I think Ting nailed it here
ting =) wrote:I don't like greencow's because it seems intended more to prevent a stranger lynch than to lynch strife.
Vote: Greencow

And I'll express once again my objection to a D3 Ting-lynch. People should be considering his play as a whole, not just his late D2 switch.
maxwellhouse
maxwellhouse
Goon
maxwellhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:29 am

Post by maxwellhouse »

ting=) wrote: URggggh. Haven't you read the rules AT ALL? - there's no double lynch. Whoever has the most votes on him the longest is lynched.
sorry, i got mixed up. my bad =x. the lynching hasn't exactly followed that pattern though, as the rules have said. for example, the 120 hour deadline isn't followed- it's just a 5 day rough sketch, it seems. and you said strife was dead but strangercoug was lynched instead, after the deadline when i had placed my vote on him. you're right about the double lynch thing though, i didn't read into that, sorry.
strife220 wrote:Maxwell house: Please explain your thought process in post 102 and 105 in detail. The unvote on me and vote on SC long after deadline, as well as the thinking there will be a double-lynch, is confusing.
okay, so i DID read the rules, but i guess i didn't really let the lynch part of the rules sink in. so i thought you could still double lynch (and i didn't really think about the time part of the rule- whoever has most votes for the longest amount of time). i saw that both you and strangercoug were even in number of votes- 3. the last two people to vote were you and strangercoug, so i thought no matter what, it was going to be even. i was on strangercoug at the moment (icemuffin before that), but i didn't want both of you to be lynched because that could be deadly for us, so i unvoted strangercoug and voted you. then icemuffin unvoted you and changed to SC and so did you and so i changed my vote back to strangercoug in case we were still considered to be in day 2, because that was who i was suspicious of, not you. sorry about that- i just didn't want a double lynch, even though it wasn't possible.

ting wrote:No. You're not listening. We can't.
well, now that we got one scum, we can now, can't we? =P we got through 2 days and roughly 100 days (i took away mod posts and the posts that the mod didn't count) so if we can nail the other scum, yeah we can make it before 250! hopefully. unless scum spams... though then it'd be pretty evident who to vote.

at the moment, i find icemuffin and ting suspicious, though i'm not completely sure about ting, since i was flawed in my knowledge of the lynch rules.

icemuffin, however...
icemuffin wrote:Well first off I really hope that the day hasnt ended yet as strife is not scum. I just cant imagine him being scum after his last 2 posts. He hasnt look scummy to me the whole time except for the fact he claims to have the name of a non ms player.

random wagon jump? at this point, votes on strife or strangercoug wouldn't matter at all. since strangercoug already had majority vote on him. this seems more like a "crap, we got caught!" vote.
icemuffin wrote:I have a tough time believing scum would ride their partner's bandwagon to the end in this setup, with only 2 of them against 10 town. Therefore I'm going to set aside suspicions of those on stranger's wagon at the end of day 2 - that is, Now a JDodge, maxwellhouse, and Lawrencelot-Muerrto. This also increases my suspicion of Ting - like I said, he pulled out in the 11th hour and attempted to change the lynch.
well, the thing is, you did that also. though ting pulled out last minute also, you were the very very last to do this, when it didn't even matter anymore. ting did it when it could have mattered; you did it once strangercoug had officially the majority on him.

so...

vote: icemuffin
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by Muerrto »

I could see Ice or Cow...possibly Max but less so. But those of you voting Ting(of course one is Ice), do you REALLY see Ting being that stupid to telegraph his partnership? I doubt it greatly and I don't care if that's WIFOM.

JDodge, please do a re-read and decide if your vote's in the right place.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Now a JDodge
Now a JDodge
Townie
Now a JDodge
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by Now a JDodge »

Trojan Horse again.
strife220 wrote:Second: I still don't think Ting is scum.
He could have got my lynched without risking SC's life.
SC's unvote and vote for Ting on post 97 is a little confusing though - it seems like a nonsensical move to make regardless of alignment.
Emphasis mine. Hmm, good point. If Ting is scum, that move was definitely riskier than necessary. (I went back and doublechecked things; turns out that Ting was the LAST vote on stranger, before he made his late switch to strife. Forgot about that.) Hmm... okay...
Unvote
for now.

Also didn't notice that Green Cow was the final vote on strife, before ting did his late switch. Another good point, strife. Thing is, if Green Cow is our final scum, looks like he may well hand us the victory by getting modkilled. So until he posts or gets modkilled, I'm going to focus on these recent arguments against icemuffin. Time to take another look back, and see what I can see.

One other thing to mention:
maxwellhouse wrote:sorry, i got mixed up. my bad =x. the lynching hasn't exactly followed that pattern though, as the rules have said. for example, the 120 hour deadline isn't followed- it's just a 5 day rough sketch, it seems. and you said strife was dead but strangercoug was lynched instead, after the deadline when i had placed my vote on him. you're right about the double lynch thing though, i didn't read into that, sorry.
Uh, maxwell... the 120 hour deadline WAS followed. Xyzzy was just late coming in to tell us who got lynched. He only counted the votes cast up until the 120 hour mark, which did NOT include ting's switch from stranger to strife. So stranger was lynched.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by Muerrto »

hasdgfas wrote:Don't like Muerrto's posts still. Details coming soon.
I still like my vote on Ice but I'd love an explanation of this post.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Icemuffin
Icemuffin
Townie
Icemuffin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:00 pm

Post by Icemuffin »

muf here-
Well this once again has been a terrible game for me as my suspcisions have been all over the place in the wrong spots. All I can do is ask questions about everyone and look for scum.

maxwellhouse wrote:
icemuffin wrote:uot;]Well first off I really hope that the day hasnt ended yet as strife is not scum. I just cant imagine him being scum after his last 2 posts. He hasnt look scummy to me the whole time except for the fact he claims to have the name of a non ms player.

random wagon jump? at this point, votes on strife or strangercoug wouldn't matter at all. since strangercoug already had majority vote on him. this seems more like a "crap, we got caught!" vote.
icemuffin wrote:I have a tough time believing scum would ride their partner's bandwagon to the end in this setup, with only 2 of them against 10 town. Therefore I'm going to set aside suspicions of those on stranger's wagon at the end of day 2 - that is, Now a JDodge, maxwellhouse, and Lawrencelot-Muerrto. This also increases my suspicion of Ting - like I said, he pulled out in the 11th hour and attempted to change the lynch.
well, the thing is, you did that also. though ting pulled out last minute also, you were the very very last to do this, when it didn't even matter anymore. ting did it when it could have mattered; you did it once strangercoug had officially the majority on him.

so...

vote: icemuffin
Now this is absoulte rubish. I put the extra vote on sc because I know strife isnt scum and TO MAKE SURE NO BODY ALL OF A SUDDEN VOTES STRIFE AGAIN. Yet you done the exact same thing so stop being a hipocrete. You keep sayin "oh i have a good reason for voting ice" yet YOU HAVE NOT MADE ONE GOOD POINT WHATSOEVER. I know this is one of your first games here but you really need to stop being so stubborn and actually read everything that goes on.

Right now I have only 1 person I think is scum.
unvote
vote greencow

On yesterday he just tried to hop on badonwagons. First there was the one on me then theone on strife. They have contributed the least to conversation and seem to be budding up. Then his short posts already knowing that we shouldnt do them.

In order from most to least scummiest- written to scale to show how far out in front greencow is

greencow

max-crap logic

ting- His theory yesterday
mue- nothing really pro-town and the fact hes off track

The rest of the people are definatly town in my books.

Still waiting for an answer from Najd to this
@NaJd- How about we get every single person in the hydra to give us an oponion of who they think is scum and who they think is town. 9 oponions is much more usfull then just the one. I suggest putting this into 1 or 2 posts.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:11 pm

Post by Muerrto »

Icemuffin wrote:mue- nothing really pro-town and the fact hes off track
Ahahahaha anyone wanna read back and find who was the first person to vote Stranger yesterday? Me! Not pro-town? Off track?

Nice. Quite happy with my vote.

Oh, and I also said either you OR Cow but this statement right here is a perfect reason why it's you.

Your votes so far Ice:

Jdodge
K7
JDodge
Stranger
Ting
Cow

Who's off track?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Icemuffin
Icemuffin
Townie
Icemuffin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:46 pm

Post by Icemuffin »

Ok I know I shouldnt be posting again so quickly but I just need to point this out
Muerrto wrote:
Icemuffin wrote:mue- nothing really pro-town and the fact hes off track
Ahahahaha anyone wanna read back and find who was the first person to vote Stranger yesterday? Me! Not pro-town? Off track?

Nice. Quite happy with my vote.

Oh, and I also said either you OR Cow but this statement right here is a perfect reason why it's you.

Your votes so far Ice:

Jdodge
K7
JDodge
Stranger
Ting
Cow

Who's off track?
Well doesnt somone hate it when I point out the smallest reason why I dont think you are definatly town.

Well the only one that you can actually count is K7 since he was lynched and you also voted for k7 so thats where your point fails. Also no you followed NaJds vote of stranger therefore that point is also useless.

Finally you think that just because you voted sc means you are town. Ting taught me a thing called bussing and which means yes I can see you being scum partners with sc.

As for you being off track, Your votes on me, im town, therefore I know for a fact you are off track.

Everything you said in that post was incorrect. This to me looks like a scummy post which in this game has been extremely rare. This sees you second to green cow on my list.

In future, if you are going to make a point then you need to be able to back it up.

I may not be the greatest scum hunter, In fact im preety crap at it. But at least I will try my best to win this game for the town and thats all can do.
Green Cow
Green Cow
Townie
Green Cow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:47 pm

Post by Green Cow »

Cow here.
First off, sorry about my partner's idiotic vote. Muffin was so much scummier than strife, and I told him that, but he still voted for strife anyways, I don't know why.

Muerrto wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:Don't like Muerrto's posts still. Details coming soon.
I still like my vote on Ice but I'd love an explanation of this post.
That was my 'let's make sure to avoid modkill' post. I tried to still make my current thoughts known though, even if it was far too short of a post. I just needed to make sure to get a post in.
Muerrto wrote:
icemanE wrote:Sure... why is that any less plausible than anything else? It's completely random - that would be the idea, right?
What?! No. The idea would be to be believable, not just random. Why the heck would you just claim 'my name's Bob'. Random? Yes. Believable? Hell no.

@Stranger: You better not be bussing. You're absolutely correct. Ting's posts completely and totally contradicted each other. His jump to Strife now near deadline is nothing short of the scummiest thing so far this game.

Unvote, Vote: Ting

Would you care to explain your rapid change in opinion without explanation Ting?
Ok, so right now, Ting's vote is the scummiest thing in the game. Why, however, did you switch away from Stranger that close to deadline?
Muerrto wrote:

WTF! You mean spam their 100 posts before they get killed off? Did it ever occur to you that maybe the scum didn't think that far ahead?! Did it ever occur to you that you've NOW given them that idea? Did it ever occur to you that if you're town you've now completely derailed the scumhunt for today because you've pulled the town's attention(sice you say Stranger's town) on yourself? And if Strife's town and didn't think about spamming? What then? And we've got 2-4 scum out there and now they know to spam their posts before they die.

That's the SECOND time you've helped the scum. Dude. Possibly keeping your strategies to yourself may help a bit more.

Grr...this discussion is killing me and my partner's post count.

Unvote, Vote: Stranger

Because I don't think Ting's scum, just umm...lacking thought at this time(hey I tried to make it sound nice).
Yet NOW, Ting's not scum. Why'd you vote him then? For being stupid? Both town and scum do that. Then there's the '2-4 scum' bit, which seems just thrown in to try to show that he doesn't know that the setup is 2:10 mountainous.
Muerrto wrote:I'm sorry, but there was no way in hell Ting was gonna desperately try to save his partner like that. If I were him I'd have bussed the hell out of him.

I'm definitely feeling more one of those that were on Strife the whole time like Ice or Max. Definitely feeling more Ice so for now

Vote: Ice

And coming out immediately on Ting was even more of a tell.

Ting wasn't scummy, he simply thought that people thought thru the ins and outs of the game as much as he did. Apparently, Stranger hadn't.
Not everybody busses, Muerrto, they can still defend their partner and pull out WIFOM. Just because you think that bussing would have been the best play(!) doesn't mean that everyone thinks that. I know I've seen games where scum doesn't bus.
Why is being on strife the whole time so scummy?
Muerrto wrote:I could see Ice or Cow...possibly Max but less so. But those of you voting Ting(of course one is Ice), do you REALLY see Ting being that stupid to telegraph his partnership? I doubt it greatly and I don't care if that's WIFOM.

JDodge, please do a re-read and decide if your vote's in the right place.
So in between these two posts, what added us to the list in between max and ice? We weren't on the list, and in your previous post you said 'Ice or Max', now you say 'Ice or Cow and possibly Max'. These seems to be a HUGE change in opinion over a short time.
Vote: lawrencelot-muerrto
for the moment.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”