CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:12 pm

Post by CallMeLiam »

aioqwe wrote:Might I suggest we attempt to get out of the random vote stage quickly? We have deadlines that are substantially faster than normally paced games, thus I think we should try and get some substance instead of wasting 3-4 days (1/4 of our day) in RVS. That said, I do not support quicklynching. I will push the largest bandwagon or most likely to lynch bandwagon if we are close to deadline and not going anywhere. I think we need the info from lynches. What are your opinions?
I'll certainly aim to lynch every day, but I think I'd prefer to lynch as close to deadline as possible each day.

Anyway
vote: Beyond_Birthday
for being the last to post. Timezones be damned I want my arbitrary first vote.
is now full, but replacements are always welcome.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:55 pm

Post by sthar8 »

I think we can all agree that No Lynch is a Very Bad Thing unless used to solve a particular situation. I doubt severely that such a situation will arise on D1.

Would it be advantageous to us as a town to create a plurality policy? That is, we agree that at some predetermined time before the deadline (-6 or -8 hours), if there is no consensus we will lynch the person with the greatest number of votes? I can't see any particular advantage in this for scum that matches the disadvantage town gets from no-lynch, and our Day 1 information is going to be limited anyway. I think that scum misdirecting a lynch near deadline or abusing the policy would be a pretty transparent tactic.

aioqwe: Why did you vote for Oman?
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:05 pm

Post by CallMeLiam »

I'd certainly support this day 1, but beyond that I think we'd have to go on a day-by-day basis. I doubt it'll be needed after a full day and night worth of action.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:21 pm

Post by strife220 »

sthar8 wrote:Would it be advantageous to us as a town to create a plurality policy? That is, we agree that at some predetermined time before the deadline (-6 or -8 hours), if there is no consensus we will lynch the person with the greatest number of votes?
This is essentially a constant unspoken rule. There's no debate that a random lynch is, under normal circumstances, better than a no-lynch. When deadline gets exceptionally close, town will behave accordingly.
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:22 pm

Post by Oman »

Denied sthar8.

I disagree with any policy put in place like this. It makes it too easy for the scum to control us.

That said, its not like I'm being a Creamy Chicken here (GET IT, RAMEN JOKE!), I just don't want the mafia to have control.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:10 pm

Post by sthar8 »

Oman: Are you opposed to setting policies in general or to this one specifically? I ask because I couldn't think of a way for scum to abuse this more than the current deadline rules. I agree that a genuine concensus lynch is better, and I think it's more likely given the activity so far. I just thought it might be nice to guarantee at least a little information gain should the worst occur.

Also, was that a name claim? :wink:

Liam: The idea was only intended for Day1 anyway.

My opinion on aioqwe so far is that he is most likely anxious about the deadline rules, but was worried that wanting to speed up conversation would be seen as scummy. This could go either way, and his response to my question may earn him an FOS or vote.
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:19 pm

Post by melikefood »

Okay, so we're at the random vote part of the day?

Original Roll String: 1d12
1 12-Sided Dice: (9) = 9

Dice Vote GO!

Vote: Dice #
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:11 pm

Post by Oman »

Unvote Vote melikefood

Dice tags are wrong and evil, and you should be killed.

Unless you people don't know: I have a real beef with dicetags, they're basically a way for the mafia to vote and not feel frightened. The stage isn't meant to be random, its meant to be arbitrary.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:52 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

I agree Dice tags = Bad.

Also A D-1 no lynch in my experience is extremely disadvantageous to the town, and should be avoided at all costs unless there is some sort of specific game altercations, which we don't have here.

A random lynch has a 1/12 chance of hitting scum, which is better than a 0/12.

Its all in the math.
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:23 pm

Post by Oman »

The real math is in the numbers: wiki Numbers to see.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:31 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

very interesting, thanks for the tip oman :]
Show
you done goofed.

Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:55 am

Post by Muerrto »

Vote dice # lol I don't care who you are that's just funny...

Waiting for a reply from aioqwe(had to scroll back to get his name right, can we shorten that somehow?)

@Strife: Don't wanna distract from the game so this'll be the last but naw, not WIFOM like Oman said. The real doc claimed he didn't protect the claimed cop. There's no way scum would fake claim that, he's right. So since he chose his target poorly, I got lynched lol. So wrong. Doc protecting a claimed uncountered cop isn't WIFOM, it's common sense. I made sure to tell him POST game that you always, always protect the cop.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:01 am

Post by Oman »

I thought he played well :D

Doesn't Aioqwe = kiwi?
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:33 am

Post by Muerrto »

Oman wrote:I thought he played well :D
lol Vote: Oman(and yes I realise that's not bolded)
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:43 am

Post by charter »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:A random lynch has a 1/12 chance of hitting scum, which is better than a 0/12.

Its all in the math.
Isn't there normally three scum in a mini? This would suggest there's a 1/4 chance of hitting scum on a random lynch, not the 1/12 like you say.
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:28 am

Post by melikefood »

Ho noes, I've gotten off the wrong foot with DarlyBlueEyes.
I dice vote to get interaction from people, but I guess it doesn't work when you get accused yourself. D:

Unvote
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:29 am

Post by strife220 »

charter wrote:
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:A random lynch has a 1/12 chance of hitting scum, which is better than a 0/12.

Its all in the math.
Isn't there normally three scum in a mini? This would suggest there's a 1/4 chance of hitting scum on a random lynch, not the 1/12 like you say.
2 to 4 scum in general, 3 most typically. If Darla said '2/12 chance' then I'd call for a wagon. Unsure about what '1/12' means.
Darla: Clarification here?
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:11 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

i just mean that if you randomly pick one out of 12 its you have a 1/12 chance of getting anything..and I suck at math xD

but yeah so if there were 2 scums it would change but I'm not in the mood to focus on that...and Oman's little wiki suggestion made it a lot clearer for me...so as he said check that out!
Show
you done goofed.

aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:22 pm

Post by aioqwe »

I thought my scuminess would get us out of random voting faster and more people would be questioning >.< Is it just that the two who are giving me beef are the most experienced or the only ones really reading or are they scum trying to build off of anything scummy they see >.< I need some time to process the reactions a bit more >.<

Dice voting bad. (and why are we still doing it when there is scuminess going on? Darn people messing up my ability to analyze...)

Policy- I'll push for a lynch. Bad experiences with no lynches on D1.

kiwi aio, A, anything really, I don't care. I am a guy tho =D. Certain nouns have lost their amateur status. They are fairly well known. But when you refer to one, refer to the correct one, there are so few really, you should try not to get them mixed up.

I'm feeling kind of partial to food's attitude, why specifically mention Darla?

sthar8, why so interested if that is a name claim?

Oman, I don't get the joke tho >.<

Muerrto, I think I read till the second to last post on pg 1 last night. I withheld any response to get in more reactions because I could only compare you and oman. But the recent posts are confusing me.... >.<

I'm concerned with the auto deadline because I checked 2-3 of my recent games, 1 finished with in 2 days, the minis took much longer I think. Anyways, 2-weeks seems like a rush but perhaps with the post requirements, it will be much faster.

food, you dice vote to get interaction from others, why limit yourself from this interaction?
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by aioqwe »

Oman, interesting quotes =)
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:39 pm

Post by CallMeLiam »

aioqwe wrote:I thought my scuminess would get us out of random voting faster and more people would be questioning >.< Is it just that the two who are giving me beef are the most experienced or the only ones really reading or are they scum trying to build off of anything scummy they see >.< I need some time to process the reactions a bit more >.<
I still think that 'acting scummy to get us out of random voting' is a pretty shoddy way of saying 'Yeah, I was acting scummy but I'm still town guys!'. There's never a need to deliberately act scummy because you know someone else will eventually.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:50 pm

Post by Oman »

Missed this earlier
sthar8 wrote:Oman: Are you opposed to setting policies in general or to this one specifically? I ask because I couldn't think of a way for scum to abuse this more than the current deadline rules. I agree that a genuine concensus lynch is better, and I think it's more likely given the activity so far. I just thought it might be nice to guarantee at least a little information gain should the worst occur.
I'm opposed to policies with no felxibility or easy scum control with little town benefit.
Sthar8 wrote:Also, was that a name claim? :wink:
No, my name is not Creamy Chicken Ramen, it was a joke regarding me being chicken and chicken being a flavour.
kiwi wrote:Oman, I don't get the joke tho >.<
Basically: Chicken = someone frightened. Creamy Chicken = Ramen flavour.
kiwi wrote:Oman, interesting quotes =)
ORLY!?!

:D I kid, that doens't set off any scum alarms....yet :D
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:02 pm

Post by sthar8 »

Guy who might be A Kiwi: So the answer to my question is that you were acting scummy in order to analyze the behavior of those on your wagon? In this case it was a fair strategy, but I don't think I would try that outside early Day 1, as town are more likely to think "scummy means scum" than "scummy means town pretending to be scum," and then you have to defend yourself, which might taint any findings you present. I'm looking to get some mindset info on you still, so could you explain specifically why you chose Oman for your vote?

Interesting observation about food.

Oman's joke refers to the fact that I might accuse him of cowardice for refusing to accept my proposal, and "chicken" is English slang for coward. Chicken is also a flavor of Ramen, and this is allegedly a Ramen-themed game, thus the humor. Or, Oman could be referring to himself as a young homosexual male.

I teased Oman about the name claim in order to let him know that I got the joke and found it amusing. I don't think the rolename "Creamy Chicken" would tell us anything, since Chicken could either refer to some kind of healing as a reference to chicken soup, hiding as a reference to being chicken, vanilla as a reference to the popularity of the flavor (or, everything tastes like chicken), or mafia if our Mod doesn't like it.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:09 pm

Post by sthar8 »

Whoops, missed one. Thank you for answering my question, Oman. I examined the strategy for potential means of abuse, but I couldn't find any, and I tried to be flexible, but I respect that you feel that the benefit is not worth the risk. It really was more a discussion point than anything else.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:23 pm

Post by Oman »

Yeah, its the first explaination, I'm not exactly a young homosexual male (1/3).

The real abuse is that the situations you're talking about are 2 votes here 3 votes here, easy for the mafia to tip the balance towards someone or away from one of their own.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”