charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:04 am

Post by charter »

ClockworkRuse wrote:Charter- Attacking Darla because she unvoted is... rather weak as well. Unvoting until she can re-read and form her own opinions of what is happening isn't something that warrents a vote. I would like you to explain why you find this scummy.
It was more of her saying that she's not going to be a conservative voter and then immediately unvotes. I dont think liam had any other serious votes, so there wasn't any danger in keeping it on either. At the time, it really jumped out at me. I reread the thread and I should have just seen what she posts next and go from there, but I don't really know why she felt the need to tell us how she would be voting either. I'm going to leave it there until she does give her thoughts.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:16 am

Post by Muerrto »

OMG too many posts, hung over, will try and post tonight or tomorrow, letting all my games know
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:16 am

Post by windkirby »

WK, can I ask why you felt it was alright to attack MLF for the same weak reasons that others were already pressuring him for?
Personally, I don't feel that a vote is necessarily an attack. As already said, I only felt that my vote ought to be put to good use at all times. Even if it is a weak reason, melikefood is the player I am
most
suspicious of at the moment, so I feel that my vote should be on him. Of course, keep in mind that it's a large game on page five, so of course this will probably change.

As for who I might change to if I had to, charter's pressuring on darla seemed odd until she didn't catch up as promised and instead bizarrely left. I hardly like pressuring people due to RL excuses, but it does seem very unusual that once she is being pressured due to lack of contribution, she leaves, delaying her contribution further still. I'm still mulling it over - both charter's and darla's behavior in this exchange seem rather off to me.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:36 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Votecount #2

Aioqwe [4] (Muerrto, Strife220, Oman, Beyond_Birthday)
Melikefood [2] (Aioqwe, Windkirby)
Muerrto [1] (ClockworkRuse)
DarlaBlueEyes [1] (Charter)
Charter [1] (Sthar8)

Not Voting [2] (Melikefood, DarlaBlueEyes, CallMeLiam)

ClockworkRuse has missed one 48 hour period (Posts 13 and Post 83) and has received his first strike.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:13 am

Post by aioqwe »

strife220 wrote:
aioqwe wrote:We can't necessarily wait for later. I had one game where we dragged on practically random voting the entire game. Especially considering the deadline restrictions, I'd rather not wait for later, get in something a tad scummy so people talk. That makes more chances for the actual scum to slip up.
I admit I have no meta here, but this sounds like lying. In the 4 pages thus far you really don't seem like the calculating type. I'd peg you as the type of townie who would just play it as it comes. If I'm completely wrong here, I'd love some meta example of you as town pulling a calculated 'stunt.'
I thought I said I'm willing to play the game a bit differently?

It's July 4th (Drinking excuse) for the states so Darla's excuse seems legit. I'll wait for her analysis before deciding.

Muerrto and food seem quiet >.<
Oman wrote:
aioqwe wrote:
Oman wrote:Kiwi has my suspicion for the same reason as was already mentioned, and he is the best spot for number 2
Unvote vote Aiquowe
I'm not exactly sure I understand this. Your unvote/vote puts me in the number 1 spot, so I'm not number 2? If you think I'm your number 2 suspicion, why not vote your number 1? Or do you mean something else?
My 2nd wagon. Wagon no 2
I the first person you voted (seriously) for?
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:22 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Sorry mod, I won't miss another 48 hour period.

Anyways, since I thought I had already done this but
Unvote
since we left the random voting stage. I'll be back with more thoughts later.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:40 am

Post by Muerrto »

aioqwe wrote:Muerrto and food seem quiet >.<
Yeah, my vote's fine on you.

I just posted about 3 posts above yours saying I'd post later tonight when I recover. I don't post on my weekend usually(tuesday/wednesday) but even if you didn't know that(which you didn't) I JUST posted right above you.

Food ALSO just posted earlier this SAME day.

You seem awfully desperate to shift attention.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:55 am

Post by Muerrto »

Um...just read the OP...did that have anything to do with this game? lol

You smoke waaaay too much pot.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:40 pm

Post by melikefood »

I'm sorry about my quietness.

I just got FFTA2 and I'm playing non-stop. But I doubt anybody here is interested in that.
If you are, I'd recommend it.. I'm playing it right now...

So, what next?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:42 pm

Post by Oman »

What system is it on?
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by melikefood »

Nintendo DS
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:52 pm

Post by Muerrto »

X-play gave it a 4 out of 5 and they're usually dead on in their reviews. Don't have a DS tho.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:37 pm

Post by windkirby »

I have a DS, but I'm busy with "The World Ends with You".

Fortunately, because it's not like we have any mafia games going on or anything, we can guilt-free-ly focus all of our attention to the lovely games on the Nintendo DS regardless of what we're actually supposed to be doing right now, like, I don't know, play mafia or whatever. Wait, what is mafia again? More importantly, is everyone picking up on my sarcasm? Maybe it was too subtle...
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:42 pm

Post by Muerrto »

Shrug, I said my vote's fine on Kiwi and I'm waiting for him to respond. Was there something else I needed to be doing atm?

Did you have a question for me?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:40 pm

Post by strife220 »

Not a whole lot to say today (nor time to say it). Everything I posted yesterday still applies, with slight more confidence in my aioqwe vote.

Would prefer not to have noise conversations in the game for the sake of re-reads though.

I don't see you saying you were going to play this game a bit differently, aioqwe. If you did say this, I'd like to see it.
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:45 pm

Post by aioqwe »

Muerrto wrote:I just posted about 3 posts above yours saying I'd post later tonight when I recover. I don't post on my weekend usually(tuesday/wednesday) but even if you didn't know that(which you didn't) I JUST posted right above you.

Food ALSO just posted earlier this SAME day.

You seem awfully desperate to shift attention.
Jolly, 1-line post from food. I guess I assumed that by the time I was posting, it would have been later on for you and it just seemed like a long time...

Seriously, do you have any other suspicions or are you just going to badger me all day? Most people try and get a lil' more out of D1 then try and lynch the first person they suspect.

strife, now that I look back I haven't blatantly said I'll be playing differently, however my urgency to get out of RVS and my early voting clashes with some of my more latent behavior recently.

In some defense:
How is my vote horribly placed? I'm one of two people voting seriously when I place my vote? I posted the my reasons and later added the hipocracy in using dice when looking for interactions in others.
I never said don't want a random vote, I said I would like to get out of RVS quickly. If there is nothing scummy, than a random vote helps us more than a no vote.
I said I was against quicklynches. Have you seen a bandwagon from RVS ever lead to a lynch (with the exception of that person responding in scummy manner)?
Oman, where was my bad logic?

I just re-read my role pm and it is crazy >.<

And smth else...
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:25 pm

Post by sthar8 »

Food: Just because some of us think the wagon on you was silly doesn't mean you can lurk. I need opinions from you about other players.

Also need opinions from Oman and Muerrto on things other than flightless birds.

No longer suspicious of strife. Kirby and kiwi are up there, but I'm still happy with my charter vote.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:36 pm

Post by Muerrto »

Ok, gladly.

Food saying Darla was the first to mention dice when Oman was is fishy. Not sure what it means exactly but weird no one got any suspiscion of Oman out of that, just food. Why did food omit him?

Second, Charter's being a noob. Is he being noob town or noob scum? Not sure. But your 'tells' work for either side as a noob so I'm going to have to see something more concrete.

However, voting Darla for unvoting is ridiculous whether you're town or scum, that's horribly noob.

Strife is obv town in pretty much any game I've been with him and so far he's always been town. Wouldn't mind seeing him as scum once so I can see a difference if there is one.

Sthar8 you seem to be pushing discussion, good job. Townie points or crafty points. Leaning townie atm.

Don't like Darla promising a post then running off, holiday or not. She never even said 'sorry for not posting like I promised' or something of the sort.

WK's reasons for voting and his reasons for always having a vote are flimsy and I'd ask any newbie playing in this game NOT to follow his example. Always keeping your vote somewhere is not necessary and if you vote hop too much, 1. your posts won't help when you're dead because you suspected everyone, and 2. you'll most likely get lynched for vote hopping.

Not really a read on Clock, Beyond, and Liam yet.

Still quite happy with my vote on Kiwi. He's not a noob, so the pleas to emotion and the 'gambit' from page 1 aren't flying with me. Let's see some real defense please.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:44 pm

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

I am considering the following three people to be particularly scummy:
aioqwe
Charter
Windkirkby

For the second slot, I cannot tell who is more scummy. *Sighs* It doesn't ultimately matter, I suppose, so long as I have my current three. However, I am still slightly more confident in my current vote than switching over to Charter. Wind definitely aroused my suspicions, but not much when compared to the rather erratic voting of Charter. I am going to wait and see what their next actions are.

As a side note to Muerrto, I get that a lot. My alignment seems to be a problem for most people to figure out. *Shrugs* I usually get lynched for that. Just making some small talk here. Now, to go to a slightly more relevant topic:

It may seem early, but I am thinking that the least scummy people are Muerrto and
Sthar8. However, this may just be a very good scum. *Shrugs again.* I think they will trip up if scum, but so far, I think Muerrto's judgment is good and protown, where as sthar8 really doesn't give me a scum feel.
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:48 pm

Post by melikefood »

Here are my thoughts right now...

Less suspicious of WindKirby, I was just overreacting to small stuff.
Actions aren't solid enough for a vote from me.

Charter's actions I found strange, I'm not sure about any of that though.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:49 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

charter wrote:
ClockworkRuse wrote:Charter- Attacking Darla because she unvoted is... rather weak as well. Unvoting until she can re-read and form her own opinions of what is happening isn't something that warrents a vote. I would like you to explain why you find this scummy.
It was more of her saying that she's not going to be a conservative voter and then immediately unvotes. I dont think liam had any other serious votes, so there wasn't any danger in keeping it on either. At the time, it really jumped out at me. I reread the thread and I should have just seen what she posts next and go from there, but I don't really know why she felt the need to tell us how she would be voting either. I'm going to leave it there until she does give her thoughts.
I think when the arbitrary voting stage comes to a close, it's okay to
unvote. There really isn't anything scummy about taking your random
vote out of the picture while you re-read. I also believe that the fact that she told how how she is going to vote irrelevant. It doesn't matter much and it really doesn't warrant a vote in my eyes. A nice
FoS
for you.

WindKirby- Maybe 'attack' wasn't the right word, maybe 'add even more pressure' would have been better.

I would like it very much if someone could please post a nice detailed case against Kiwi. From there, I can begin my hunting.

Things I would like to point out;
Food saying Darla was the first to mention dice when Oman was is fishy. Not sure what it means exactly but weird no one got any suspiscion of Oman out of that, just food. Why did food omit him?
I don't think this is
too
suspicious. It may warrant paying a little more attention to Food, but it's not really enough to go off of for now. To me, it seems like an honest mistake.

Expect questions after sleep or I see a post with a case on Kiwi, which ever may come first.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:02 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

I'm here, I'm here!!!

Had a horrible day (had to literally get on my roof and patch it!!)

anyways, sorry about the lack of posting its been busy as of late.

My comments about not being my typical uber-conservative were because if any of you have played with me, I tend to not vote till I am absolutely sure, or until i dig my self into a pit where the game's entire fate's on my shoulders *nudge liam* Both times i have cracked under the pressure and voted wrong and lost the game for me and the town.

Anyways, I wasn't able to give an analysis at the time of my post, so I didn't feel comfortable voting at that time.

Considering our 2week deadline I have cast off my nervous voting habits (and to prevent me from having to be the decision maker again :S)

I don;t have a lot of time, I am on at a Friend's but anyways here we go:

Charter; I don't think we've gotten off to the best foot, and I can say I'm not entirely fond of you but thats pretty much personal OMGUS. I agree with the above that you seem kinda n00b, and I don't know yet if it's n00b scum or n00b in general but im willing to give you the benefit of the doubt right now as it is so early.

Kiwi person: You have played very nervous and sketchy so far, I am on the fence here, but leaning towards you as the most scummy atm.

Food: You're play is a tiny bit off, but I think you're behind kiwi in scummyness, and tbh the dice thing didn't alarm me that much...Those first few pages flew by and I kept mixing up you and sthr in my posts..So I can get the confusion. I do NOT like however you goign off topic about the DS..it seems very weird to control the conversation like that and get the focus off balance.

BB - I think you may be calling it too early with muerrto and sthr, although I do agree they both seem pretty much town at this point, I can't ever really tell anything this early. Overall I'd put you on the town side of the see-saw.

Strife - One of my most townie winners (woo hoo for you) Looking back I like his play style, even calling me on my math flub early on, and basically being logical and level headed. I liked this post;
strife220 wrote:4 votes on MLF is much more pushy than a dice vote deserves, in my opinion. Me thinks there's at least one scum on that wagon, unless there's another reason for voting him that I missed. Aioqwe and windkirby both have pretty crappy reasons for joining a wagon like that.
He was right, a wgaon that large early on wasn't a very good idea.

(ugh time is expiring gonna have to rush this last bit sorry guys!!)

Oman - Not a lot to say so far, I like your playstyle however I always am a bit uneasy around people as experienced as you because I always feel like I'm being played. Then I start to double guess and see deamons in the bush that may or may not be there. -- need more time to review.

Muerrto - Your play thus far is neither here nor there for me but if you tilted the see-saw either way It'd probably be to the town side. (This early I am not to quick to call scums out because there isn't a high chance of being right with so little to go on.)

Windkirby - not too fond of how much you advanced the DS chattr, but I like most of your play thus far so I'm not gonna use that as ammuntion against your allignment status. Probably townie.

clock person -- not enough posts to go on... add more later.

Sorry that was rushed, this was the only game i could get to here until tommorrow evening or sat morn...

see ya guys!! Happy Independence day USAers!
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:05 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

EBWOP:

vote:kiwi

(not sure of teh vote count but its kiwi or food and kiwi is slightly higher for me.)
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:08 am

Post by aioqwe »

Muerrto wrote:Still quite happy with my vote on Kiwi. He's not a noob, so the pleas to emotion and the 'gambit' from page 1 aren't flying with me. Let's see some real defense please.
Where is my plea to emotion again? Also, can you please comment to my "defense"

Darla, where am I nervous?

I don't like this wagon thing.

More to come in a bit...
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:12 am

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

*Posting because I may not be able to tomorrow.*

Just a comment:
Darla seems more town than not, but not enough to be put in my townie category.

@Darla: I do align people early on, but this is mostly so people can see my thought process. Additionally, it reminds me of where I last was when I pick up the game again. Don't get me wrong, this does NOT mean I am just going to not really give them a look over for possible scum tells. It means that they are currently not suspect at all for me, and that everyone else is still a toss up.

I find than an effective way to play is put yourself in someone else's shoes and think if they would play in this way if they were scum or town. I also dictate this on how strong (Novice versus experienced) they are. Like Oman, he could still be suspect due to his skill level. But, I am not able to clear him completely because he is skilled. But, he seems a heck of a lot more protown than anti town.
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”