Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:06 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

At this stage I don't really think random voting will achieve much. Here's some questions to get a bit of content flowing from those that have started to participate.

Darox: What do you make of armlx 'leading the town' in a round about sort of way?

icemanE: What do you think of Jaguar being replaced and the extended time taken to open the thread?

armlx and sleepy panda: If you had to choose someone to lynch right now, who would you choose and why?
[b]Currently being used By MafiaSSK for Chess Mafia. With all due permission from AP himself.[/b]
SleepyPanda
SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:12 pm

Post by SleepyPanda »

armlx and sleepy panda: If you had to choose someone to lynch right now, who would you choose and why?
If I HAVE to choose? You?

I'm assuming the CR would want to blend in as much as possible at the start by appearing helpful to lower their chances of being lynched. I don't see much to go on besides WIFOM at this point.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:20 pm

Post by Darox »

I don't really think hes leading the town at all.

He proposed a good town strat, and I agree with it. He hasn't done much other than stating the obvious optimal townie tactics (Hunter saving bullet until last possible moment even if he has to die, lynchings are good, etc) and asking if we should have hunters claim if they are about to be lynched.

Somebodies got to make the first step, otherwise everyone ends staring blankly at each other.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:20 pm

Post by Darox »

EBWOP: *ends up staring...*
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:39 am

Post by icemanE »

What do you think of Jaguar being replaced and the extended time taken to open the thread?
I think it's an interesting point and enough information to base a day one lynch on.

unvote - vote: Windkirby
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:22 am

Post by armlx »

Can't answer that legitimately without a post from everyone.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:27 am

Post by icemanE »

What do the rest of you think about the Jaguar replacement issue, and why was that question only addressed to me, Awesomepants?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:37 am

Post by armlx »

What do the rest of you think about the Jaguar replacement issue, and why was that question only addressed to me, Awesomepants?
I don't. Mods usually do that to ensure that to ensure no one is cleared by replacement timing.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:46 am

Post by icemanE »

armlx wrote:
I don't. Mods usually do that to ensure that to ensure no one is cleared by replacement timing.
So it's a nulltell from where you're standing.

The only reason I see it as at all significant is that there are only two roles who actually need to take some kind of action before day one can begin. However, he never even picked up his PM, apparently, so it can't mean anything that he was replaced.

:idea:
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:58 am

Post by armlx »

So it's a nulltell from where you're standing.
Yes, completely.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:29 am

Post by windkirby »

Great... so I'm being accused before I've even said anything.
All the same, I can see where iceman is coming from; it's a valid point that I would probably take into consideration if it wasn't me. Still, however, I'm pretty sure the period from when I got my role PM and the time when the thread opened up was pretty short.
Anyway,
vote: xyzzy
for closing my last mini theme when I was doing such a
good
okay job as SK.
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:26 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

armlx wrote:
Can't answer that legitimately without a post from everyone.
Fair enough, what if you
had
to choose those that have posted?
icemanE wrote:What do the rest of you think about the Jaguar replacement issue, and why was that question only addressed to me, Awesomepants?
I was thinking about it while impatiently checking the thread each day (:P), and while I guess it is possible that he's scum it'd probably be stupid to lynch him on that alone. armlx brings a valid point too that, if he was protown, the mod could've left the thread closed as to not 'clear' him which is a fair point.

I asked you to get some content flowing. I've found that addressing questions to one person often get a better response than asking the whole group, as people will 'bandwagon' the first logical response.

It seemed a good question to get some content flowing and has seemed to work
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:08 pm

Post by armlx »

Fair enough, what if you had to choose those that have posted?
Umm, probably you for refusing to random vote, but thats pretty weak.
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:28 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

armlx wrote:Umm, probably you for refusing to random vote, but thats pretty weak.
Interesting, what inherent property of random voting do you think would make scum less likely to partake in random voting?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:36 am

Post by armlx »

Interesting, what inherent property of random voting do you think would make scum less likely to partake in random voting?
Have you ever played AitP? For the scum, its a similar concept in comparison to that game (1 person they don't want to leave connections to), hence the reason they wouldn't random vote.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:57 am

Post by Darox »

Right now though, there is only one cultist, so changes it a bit.

Given we have nothing better to go on.

Unvote, Vote: Awesome Pants

Looking at it again, I notice even as the game progresses and if cult grows, we can still potentially lynch cultists with a town minority because the cultists are uninformed, and the only person that does know the identity of all the cultists is the DK, who doesn't want to be sticking his neck out for a lowly cultist.
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:19 am

Post by Awesome Pants »

armlx wrote:Have you ever played AitP? For the scum, its a similar concept in comparison to that game (1 person they don't want to leave connections to), hence the reason they wouldn't random vote.
I haven't, but I understand the setup, however I don't see why it wouldn't be in a scum's interest to random vote here. The only point I can see is the CR not wanting to be tied to any of his cultists should they be lynched, but I don't see how random voting would make that connection. At best I can see it getting really WIFOMy for the town.
SleepyPanda
SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:22 am

Post by SleepyPanda »

Awesome Pants wrote:
armlx wrote:Have you ever played AitP? For the scum, its a similar concept in comparison to that game (1 person they don't want to leave connections to), hence the reason they wouldn't random vote.
I haven't, but I understand the setup, however I don't see why it wouldn't be in a scum's interest to random vote here. The only point I can see is the CR not wanting to be tied to any of his cultists should they be lynched, but I don't see how random voting would make that connection. At best I can see it getting really WIFOMy for the town.
If you aren't even willing to random vote, why did you ask armlx and me to choose a person who we would want to lynch, with reasons? I don't see how you expect a decent answer when the game just started. Same question to you then, who would you lynch now and why?
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:03 am

Post by Norinel »

Vote Count

Awesome Pants - 2 (Sleepy Panda, Darox)
Darox - 1 (armlx)
windkirby - 1 (icemanE)
xyzzy - 1 (windkirby)

Not voting (3) - Awesome Pants, Bogre, xyzzy

5 to lynch
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:29 am

Post by Awesome Pants »

SleepyPanda wrote:If you aren't even willing to random vote, why did you ask armlx and me to choose a person who we would want to lynch, with reasons? I don't see how you expect a decent answer when the game just started. Same question to you then, who would you lynch now and why?
That's the thing, I didn't expect a decent answer. The question is there to see how a person would react to it - typically scum find it harder to find things against people, particularly at that stage of the game, when they know that they're innocent. A townie is more likely to have at least small suspicions for minor things. Of course I didn't expect you to actually advocate for their lynch though.

As for me, the phrasing of WK's idea that 'I can see where iceman is coming from; it's a valid point that I would probably take into consideration if it wasn't me. Still, however, I'm pretty sure the period from when I got my role PM and the time when the thread opened up was pretty short.' rings a few bells. He seems almost like he wants to get rid of the idea but doesn't want to do it in an obvious way that'd draw attention to himself.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:35 am

Post by armlx »

The only point I can see is the CR not wanting to be tied to any of his cultists should they be lynched
The reverse is the point. The cultists don't want to link to the recruiter.
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:39 am

Post by Awesome Pants »

Ah, but can you explain how random voting would do that? It's not like we're quick-lynching here.
[b]Currently being used By MafiaSSK for Chess Mafia. With all due permission from AP himself.[/b]
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:01 pm

Post by armlx »

Ah, but can you explain how random voting would do that? It's not like we're quick-lynching here.
Random voting is not truly random. People, especially informed ones (usually scum), often worry a lot more about their random votes then they should and direct it specificially while making up reasons for it.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:55 am

Post by icemanE »

As for me, the phrasing of WK's idea that 'I can see where iceman is coming from; it's a valid point that I would probably take into consideration if it wasn't me. Still, however, I'm pretty sure the period from when I got my role PM and the time when the thread opened up was pretty short.' rings a few bells. He seems almost like he wants to get rid of the idea but doesn't want to do it in an obvious way that'd draw attention to himself.
That's a good point - while the replacement delay scenario itself is a nulltell, the passage you quote is quite wishy-washy and somewhat suspicious.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:53 am

Post by armlx »

Mod, can we get prods on xyzzy and Bogre (the latter has been replaced elsewhere BTW)

Or we can just run the scum chat plan and quick lynch xyzzy in 8 seconds. :P

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”