Micro 957 | Trust Fall | Fall Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
The Golden Worst
The Golden Worst
Townie
The Golden Worst
Townie
Townie

Micro 957 | Trust Fall | Fall Over

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:53 pm

Post by The Golden Worst »

Micro 957

Trust Fall

Current Deadline for the next Trust Fall:

(expired on 2020-07-24 12:54:55)

Original Playerlist:
  1. Something_Smart
  2. Tipsy
  3. Adorable
  4. Not Known 15
  5. Raven Branwen
  6. Hayasaka
  7. Dannflor
  8. Clover Ebi
  9. Chef (Hydra of Porkens and Hectic)
Flips & Reveals:
Spoiler:
  1. Clover Ebi, a
    Vanilla Townie
    , trust fell day 1
  2. Hayasaka, a
    Vanilla Townie
    , trust fell day 1
  3. Tipsy, a
    Vanilla Townie
    , trust fell day 2
  4. Raven Branwen, a
    Mafia Goon
    , trust fell day 2
  5. Not Known 15, a
    Vanilla Townie
    , trust fell day 3
  6. Something_Smart, a
    Mafia Goon
    , trust fell day 3
Last edited by The Golden Worst on Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:55 pm, edited 8 times in total.
hydra of holdengolden & the worst!
pm us to pre-in to trust fall mafia now!
The Golden Worst
The Golden Worst
Townie
The Golden Worst
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:55 pm

Rules

mercilessly stolen & slightly adapted mostly from Ausuka

General Rules:

1. Site Rules apply.
2. You may not quote your role PM, you may not quote any other private correspondence from us, and you may not quote the time at which I sent you any private correspondence.
3. #FFFF00 is
our mod colour
. Feel free to use it if you would like, but don't impersonate us.
4. If you have a question or concern, or if you think that we may have made an error, do not hesitate to ask in-topic or by PM. Be sure to bold requests directed at us so that we see them.
5. If you break any of these rules, or if I deem it to be appropriate, you could be warned, force-replaced, or modkilled, depending on the severity of what you did. If a player is modkilled, they will die and become a Neutral Survivor resulting in their loss.
6. Please be respectful and kind towards other players. I understand that Mafia can be a heated game sometimes, but there is a line, and if you cross it the game stops being fun. In particular, personal attacks are not allowed.
7. Once you die you may not post anymore.
8. No encryption please. Breadcrumbing is fine, but things like encrypting your role into scrambled text are not. If you have any questions about what does and does not violate this rule, feel free to ask us, and we will answer.
9. Don’t claim scum with another player in a serious manner. We will judge what counts as serious; don't toe the line. Claiming scum by yourself is fine, but please don’t lose the game intentionally by doing so.
10. Don’t work against your win condition.
11. Don’t use provable randomness. Saying “I rolled a dice and it landed on 2” is acceptable; posting a screenshot of you using random.org, or using dice tags, is not acceptable.
12. Use your common sense; we try to include as much as we can but this is probably not an exhaustive list of all things you are not allowed to do.
13. We reserve the right to change any of these rules or any of the time, or make any judgement irregardless of what these rules say (although we will try to follow what we have said here as closely as possible.)
14. The spirit of these rules is what counts, not the exact wording. If you find a loophole in these rules, don't be surprised when we modkill you anyway. Ask us if you would like clarity on any of these, or think something might fall in a grey area.

Voting, Elimination, and Deadlines:

15. This game doesn't have standard eliminations. Please refer to the setup post.
16. If the game goes 7 irl days without an elimination, both factions will lose. We may extend this if we deem it appropriate (circumstances outside of players' control e.g. replacements, etc.).
17. When a trust fall is reached, we will lock the thread and flip the players as soon as achievable. The timer will then reset. You are allowed to post before I do this, if you want.
18. All approved private topics included in any role PMs may be used for discussion at any time. That means that the mafia may use their private topic during both day phases and night phases. If both mafia agree, we may create a Discord server for private communications.

Prodding and Activity:

19. If a player fails to post for 36 consecutive hours, they will be prodded. If that player does not post for another 24 hours after they've been prodded, they'll be replaced.
20. If you are going away, or if you have limited access to the site, notify me by pm or in-topic so that I know not to prod or replace you. The maximum amount of time you may go without posting due to V/LA is 120 hours (five days).
Last edited by The Golden Worst on Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Golden Worst
The Golden Worst
Townie
The Golden Worst
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:55 pm

Setup

We will be playing
Trust Fall
, as created by Kanna.

Roles
:
    Vanilla Townies

Mafia Goons
Mechanics
:
  • Nightless.
  • There are no eliminations during the day; instead, there is a Trust Fall mechanic.
  • To Trust Fall, one player must post in bold: “I trust X” and the trustee, X, must reciprocate. Together, they will exit the game and their alignments are revealed.
  • Mafia cannot Trust Fall together.
  • Mafia win when they have both exited the game. Town win when Mafia outnumbers them.
Other Setup Notes
:
  • Scum have full daychat. If requested, we will create a scum Discord.
  • Our Mod color is
    This
    ; otherwise known as #FFFF00. Do not use it to impersonate us.
Sample Role PMs

Spoiler: Vanilla Townie
Welcome, HoldenGolden, to
Trust Fall
!

You are
Vanilla Townie
. You are aligned with the town.

You will win the game if the number of mafia alive is equal to the number of townies alive (i.e. enough townies have left the game).

Game thread is *link*.

Please confirm by summarising your role via pm.

Spoiler: Mafia Goon
Welcome, the worst, to
Trust Fall
!

You are
Mafia Goon
. You are aligned with the mafia, and know that your partner is mith.

You will win the game if both members of your faction successfully leave the game (i.e. all living players are town-aligned).

Game thread is *link*.

Scum chat is *link*. If you both agree, we are happy to create a scum Discord.

Please confirm by summarising your role via pm.
The Golden Worst
The Golden Worst
Townie
The Golden Worst
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:21 pm

Role PMs are out. Please have a read of your role & the setup post, then confirm by summarising your role back to us.

Game starts at 8 confirmations. Currently 8/8.
Last edited by The Golden Worst on Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Golden Worst
The Golden Worst
Townie
The Golden Worst
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:00 am

TRUST COUNT 1.00

Nobody trusting anybody.

Still in the game:
Something_Smart, Tipsy, Adorable, Not Known 15, Raven Branwen, Hayasaka, Dannflor, Clover Ebi, Chef

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-07-18 22:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- quack.
Last edited by The Golden Worst on Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:14 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

Uh, hello.
Tipsy
Tipsy
Goon
Tipsy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:42 am

Post by Tipsy »

HELLO i had wodrs to say !
Tipsy
Tipsy
Goon
Tipsy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:44 am

Post by Tipsy »

the tmeptation to hipfire in this game will be.... very strong!

and mathematically speaking, since i know only 2/8 of u r scum, if i hipfire RIGHT NOW, i have a 75% chance of exiting the gmae with town. who is to say forming reads will help or hurt that?
Tipsy
Tipsy
Goon
Tipsy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:46 am

Post by Tipsy »

and even if they dont accept my trust, if i try to fall onto some1 and they do not trust me back, they are CONIRMED TOWN to me. which means, if i end up leavin with some1 else, if u see im town then that person becomes 100% conftown.

actualy this is an impotant question:
@mod can one mafia say "i trust [other mafia]" asl ong as the other mafia doesnt accept it? or can they not even go that far?"
Chef
Chef
Townie
Chef
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:50 am

Post by Chef »

Do we have to do trust falls? Porkens has a backflip in mind.

~Hectic
Chef
Chef
Townie
Chef
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:54 am

Post by Chef »

There'll be 4 trust falls this game and scum need to be in 2 of them. I originally thought this setup was townsided when it was being designed, since you need exactly 1 scum to be last person standing, but actually, I think it's pretty fair, especially since it's easier to pocket 1 person than have everyone trust you, and that's all scum really need to win in this game.

The boring thing would be to have consensus trust falls which everyone agrees on UTRs. If we force trust falls, we also could randomly stumble into asking scum to trust fall with each other, which would out them when they refuse and can't do it.

Do we go with the boring path??? The fun path might have cookies though.

~Hectic
Hayasaka
Hayasaka
Goon
Hayasaka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:56 am

Post by Hayasaka »

Hello everyone, so the first thing that went through my head is could we create a system where we can force scum to pair together and just see the action not resolve.
But then I realized how incredibly stupid that would be.

Although I am normally against tiered read lists since they help scum due to the nature of this game I think we should do it. It would help people make a more informed choice relative to the majority and it's easier for me to say, can we all post tiered read lists including null reads compared to me trying to emulate a vote count. I also just don't want to make anyone feel forced to play around me.

What this does is it basically stops someone from falling alongside a scum player 2 people strongly town read because as the town we only really null read said, scum player.
Tipsy
Tipsy
Goon
Tipsy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:57 am

Post by Tipsy »

In post 10, Chef wrote:If we force trust falls, we also could randomly stumble into asking scum to trust fall with each other, which would out them when they refuse and can't do it.
i habd this same though t but the chance is 1/36(? i think lol math) sooooo..
Chef
Chef
Townie
Chef
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:57 am

Post by Chef »

Wait, no, I thought this setup was scumsided when it was being designed... not townsided. And I still think it's scumsided unless we force falls through consensus. Since that stops pocketing being as big of a deal, and opens the possibility of pairing 2 scum with each other and auto-winning.

Porkens, do I need to put the turkey head on? Am I being boring?

~Hectic
Hayasaka
Hayasaka
Goon
Hayasaka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:59 am

Post by Hayasaka »

In post 8, Tipsy wrote:and even if they dont accept my trust, if i try to fall onto some1 and they do not trust me back, they are CONIRMED TOWN to me. which means, if i end up leavin with some1 else, if u see im town then that person becomes 100% conftown.

actualy this is an impotant question:
@mod can one mafia say "i trust [other mafia]" asl ong as the other mafia doesnt accept it? or can they not even go that far?"
I am going to be honest I'd trust fall you for this exact post, The only thing stopping me is I want to play this game for more than 2 posts.
Chef
Chef
Townie
Chef
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:59 am

Post by Chef »

In post 12, Tipsy wrote:
In post 10, Chef wrote:If we force trust falls, we also could randomly stumble into asking scum to trust fall with each other, which would out them when they refuse and can't do it.
i habd this same though t but the chance is 1/36(? i think lol math) sooooo..
That chance gets better and better if we manage to trust roundhouse kick 2 or 4 town out of the game.

~Hectic
Tipsy
Tipsy
Goon
Tipsy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:00 am

Post by Tipsy »

hayasaka thats well good n all but what if i want to HUPFIRE how do u feel about that plan? 75%% odds!!
Hayasaka
Hayasaka
Goon
Hayasaka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:05 am

Post by Hayasaka »

In post 16, Tipsy wrote:hayasaka thats well good n all but what if i want to HUPFIRE how do u feel about that plan? 75%% odds!!
Is this a balanced 50/50 setup long term or is it balanced assuming we know how to play the game? If it is 50/50 I guess you can just do it.

I think if you hipfire the other person shouldn't accept and should use conf town status to pair up with someone else. That's likely the best case scenario for us since we don't need to worry about you being scum and it's really just 75% to confirm someone as town.
Hayasaka
Hayasaka
Goon
Hayasaka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:06 am

Post by Hayasaka »

I was thinking, of just testing the above theory on you. But then I realized, I don't want to be the one getting yelled at for incredibly damaging towns EV for a yolo page 1 town read.
Tipsy
Tipsy
Goon
Tipsy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:08 am

Post by Tipsy »

pls dont trust me i dont wanna be conftown this erly it makes it so hard to read.
Hayasaka wrote:
In post 16, Tipsy wrote:hayasaka thats well good n all but what if i want to HUPFIRE how do u feel about that plan? 75%% odds!!
Is this a balanced 50/50 setup long term or is it balanced assuming we know how to play the game? If it is 50/50 I guess you can just do it.

I think if you hipfire the other person shouldn't accept and should use conf town status to pair up with someone else. That's likely the best case scenario for us since we don't need to worry about you being scum and it's really just 75% to confirm someone as town.
ok but consider if the answer to theabove question i asked the mod is "yes" then as scum here, i would 100% trust my partner and then tell him in secret to reject me. this was actualy how i was plannin to play this game if i was mafia bu tsince im town im just putting that plan out in the open so it cant be used on us.
Chef
Chef
Townie
Chef
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:09 am

Post by Chef »

This doesn't actually improve our odds of winning, it looks nice but doesn't give us any statistical advantage. Hipfiring is 75% chance, sure, but firing with reads is even better if you have faith in them.

~Hectic
Tipsy
Tipsy
Goon
Tipsy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:11 am

Post by Tipsy »

but reading is ahrd :( consider that i may be bad at mafia, hectoc!
Chef
Chef
Townie
Chef
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:15 am

Post by Chef »

Scum should definitely be able to post trusts to each other. I think the other just can't reciprocate. Otherwise, the game would be instantly broken by having people trust others and retract in 8 consecutive posts.

~Hectic
Chef
Chef
Townie
Chef
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:16 am

Post by Chef »

In post 21, Tipsy wrote:but reading is ahrd :( consider that i may be bad at mafia, hectoc!
Good point. I have worse than rand reads so maybe I should be hipfiring here. I think Porkens has above rand though so it should balance out.

~Hectic
Hayasaka
Hayasaka
Goon
Hayasaka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:26 am

Post by Hayasaka »

Actually on review, is this game really about pairing up with town?

To some degree isn't it more about finding a single scum player and cyber bullying them until end game? The end goal is just have either 2 scum and 1 town left over of a single scum left over.

The later we make that choice the higher odds we have of being correct.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”