Newbie 604: Over - IH loses!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Newbie 604: Over - IH loses!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:38 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

The shire of Burgsvilletown was a quiet one of ten residents. But one day, the residents woke up to find one of their residents slayed a note saying the Mafia was in town! Oh no! The town has realized LYNCHING is their own option to neutralize this threat.

Alive...for now (2)

etherealfrog
RealityFan
hasdgfas

Dead Players (5)

Xtoxm -
Townie
, lynched Day 1
conqueso -
Cop
, killed Night 1
Henry Cow
killa seven -
Townie
, lynched Day 2
ktai
nhat -
Townie
, killed Night 2
evilevilmatt -
Townie
, lynched Day 3
Tyfo
IH -
Townie
, endgamed
Schnitte -
Townie
, endgamed
Last edited by ShadowLurker on Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:37 pm, edited 15 times in total.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:46 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

Da Rules

Rules of Conduct

01. Use common sense. This means no excessive flaming or anything prohibited on these forums.
02. You may not communicate outside of this thread unless you are Mafia. If you are Mafia, you may ONLY communicate during the Night.
03. Do not use invisible text, extremely small text, color=black, or any other methods of concealing text. Feel free to make up codes to post in thread but be careful as it's possible for anyone to crack them.
04. Players who have not posted in a week will be automatically prodded. A person will be replaced if a prod is not picked up in 72 hours.
05. Please bold all votes such as
Vote: ShadowLurker
. Even if I see an unbolded vote, I will NOT count it. Unvotes are not required.
06. Discussion may occur in twilight. Twilight ends when I post the lynch scene.
07. Once you are dead, you are dead. A "bah" post is acceptable but please make sure you do not reveal ANY information that may be relevant to the game.
08. If you do not wish to use a night choice, please submit "none." Nights will usually last 72 hours unless a request for an extension is PMed, and if I do not receive a night choice, I will assume no action.
09. All questions about your role, or questions/comments related to my decisions should be directed to PM and not in-thread. If I think the answer should be made public knowledge, I will post the question and answer.
10. At deadline, there will be no lynch unless a majority has been reached. Deadlines will be imposed when I feel discussion has been slacking but feel free to request a deadline as well as deadline extensions.
11. Lastly, keep in mind that this is a game and you play it to have FUN! Please do not intentionally try to ruin the game for others as it discourages them from playing.

Technical Rules

01. Each day, the Town has an option of lynching a person. This requires a majority of votes on that person to occur. The town may decide to lynch nobody. A day will be as long as required for a deadline to hit or consensus to be reached.
02. Voting occurs by a simple
Vote: Player
and to unvote, just write
Unvote
. When shifting a vote from one player to another, an unvote will not be required for this game. Unbolded votes will not be counted. To vote for a no lynch, just type
Vote: No Lynch
. No Lynch requires half of the town to vote no lynch meaning if there are 6 alive, 3 votes are required to not lynch.
03. Deadlines may be imposed if the game is lagging. There will be no lynch if a deadline hits and a majority has not been reached. These may be extended, retracted, pushed forward, etc. depending on activity and player requests.
04. Nights will always be a minimum of 3 days unless all choices are in. If I have not received a choice by the time night ends, I will assume you are choosing not to use your action. Prods may or may not be sent out during night.
05. Please check the game every 72 hours. If you will be away for a period of time longer than 72 hours, please let me know. Prods may be requested on anyone who has not posted within 24 hours and people who have not posted within a week will be autoprodded. I will try to make a vote count every page and vote counts may be requested.
07. Remember to HAVE FUN!
Last edited by ShadowLurker on Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:54 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

Setup

This game uses the F11 setup. One setup will be selected at random from the following: If a Mafia Roleblocker exists, and the the Goon is lynched first, the Roleblocker will still be able to both night kill and roleblock.
A Sane Cop will be informed if he is roleblocked.
A Doctor will not.

Sample PMs: (taken from Flay)

Braces indicate words that may or may not be present in the role PM.

Mafia Roleblocker

There will be 0-1 of this role.
Mafia Roleblocker PM wrote:You are a Mafia Roleblocker, along with your partner _________ (who is simply a Goon). Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remains; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched.

You may talk with your partner at Night, and send me a choice via PM of who you would like to kill/roleblock.

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no night actions will take place until Night One.
Mafia Goon

There will be 1-2 of this role.
Mafia Goon PM wrote:You are a Mafia Goon, along with your partner _________ (who is a {Mafia Roleblocker}{Mafia Goon}). Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remains; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched.

You may talk with your partner at Night, and send me a choice via PM of who you would like to kill {(if your partner is alive, they can send in a separate choice to roleblock someone)}.
Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no night actions will take place until Night One.[/quote]

Sane Cop

Sane Cop PM wrote:You are the Sane Cop, and you can tell good from bad. Each Night, you may send a player's name to me; I will let you know if your investigation shows that they are Mafia or Town. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and lynch well during the Day.

If you are roleblocked, you will be informed of it.
Doctor

Doctor PM wrote:You are the Doctor, and you can protect people from harm. Each Night, you may send me a choice via PM of who to protect; if they come under attack by the Mafia, they will live. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and try to lynch correctly during the Day.

You will not be informed if you are roleblocked. You may not protect yourself.
Townie

There will be 5-7 of this role.
Townie PM wrote:You are a Townie, and you've got no special powers at Night. No investigations, no protection, no gun to shoot people. Your only powers are the ability to post, vote, and think. Help lynch Mafia during the Day, and you will win the game, along with the rest of the Town.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:23 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

All roles are out!

It is now the confirmation stage. Please confirm in thread!
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Confirm.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
etherealfrog
etherealfrog
Townie
etherealfrog
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by etherealfrog »

/confirm
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

/confirmoo
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:49 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

EBWOP: Also, ^5 to everyone who has a hard to pronounce name in this game, because Flay said there are lots of us in this game.

Also, hi Xtoxm.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Tyfo
Tyfo
Goon
Tyfo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:56 pm

Post by Tyfo »

/confirm
Schnitte
Schnitte
Townie
Schnitte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:22 pm

Post by Schnitte »

/confirm
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:29 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Hi Cow!

I think everyone but matt does.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
evilevilmatt
evilevilmatt
Goon
evilevilmatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:16 am

Post by evilevilmatt »

/confirm (If my avatar is too much let me know and I'll change it)
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:45 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I like it.
evilevilmatt
evilevilmatt
Goon
evilevilmatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:05 am

Post by evilevilmatt »

I'm sure this isn't the place for this but maybe there is a simple answer I'm missing. In the F11 setup we are using the second option is 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies . Why would there be a roleblocker when there are 7 townies non of which have power-roles?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:19 am

Post by Xtoxm »

It gives info about the setup.
evilevilmatt
evilevilmatt
Goon
evilevilmatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:30 am

Post by evilevilmatt »

I guess I am questioning the setup itself. Having roleblockers with nothing to block seems pointless.
Armageddon screams are nothing new to me.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:49 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Yes, the RB in itself is pointless - It is there purely to tell about the setup as a whole. If there is an RB, the scum know's that there is either both cop and doc, or neither. Similarly, if RB is lynched the town also know this.

If scum don't have an RB they know that town don't have both powers - For this reason we need to be wary of power claims, unless there is a dead RB.

If the 7 townie's version didn't have an RB, then the mafia know right if they have an RB that both town power roles are present.

The setup is designed as such to prevent claiming as a game breaking strategy.

I think, anyway. :P
evilevilmatt
evilevilmatt
Goon
evilevilmatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:58 am

Post by evilevilmatt »

I see now. That makes perfect sense. Thank you.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:29 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Henry Cow is replacing Laryxler due to a Queue hiccup.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Henry Cow is replacing Laryxler due to a Queue hiccup.

Still need confirmations from ktai and conqueso. They will both be replaced in 48 hours if they do not confirm.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
Henry Cow
Henry Cow
Townie
Henry Cow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by Henry Cow »

/confirm
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:20 am

Post by Xtoxm »

evilevilmatt wrote:I see now. That makes perfect sense. Thank you.
You're welcome. ;)

It's what we're for.
conqueso
conqueso
Townie
conqueso
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:14 am

Post by conqueso »

/confirm
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:25 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Think we need some replacements...
conqueso
conqueso
Townie
conqueso
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:32 am

Post by conqueso »

Alright, well to get the game started off, how many of you are veterans to this site? How many of you have played enough with other people to have a good feeling for playing styles?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”