Mafia 79 - "The Amish Mafia" GAME OVER... WHO WON?

Inquisitor JL
Inquisitor JL
Goon
Inquisitor JL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:00 am

Post by Inquisitor JL »

Hey valiantvalant, you broke my wifomometer. That'll be £99.99 ($197.06) please.

Also :-
And before anybody asks "ZOMG VALIANTVALANT, WHY DID YOU MAKE A RESPONSE. YOU'RE BEING TOO DEFENSIVE, LOL." The reason why I responded was to continue the discussion. Discussion helps Townies catch Mafiosos, as it gives more of a chance for them to slip up.
Why do you defend youself before you have been accused? You were indeed being too defensive, but it only came from defending yourself against the accusation of being too defensive before anybody had accused you of it.
Unvote Vote ValiantValant

I have a hunch VV is just an overactive player due to his sickness. I will Vote: ValiantValant and when he gets well from his sickness (I'm sick but getting better at the moment) I will maybe think about removing my vote.
Please explain you're VV vote. If it because he talks to much then a) it is a bad reason to vote and b) Korts is right, you are a hypocrite. If it isn't I would like to know what is. Just without a good reason it seems you are voting because there is a nice juicy wagon.

FoS MellowedMan
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:20 am

Post by Korts »

Surye wrote:
Korts wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Riceballtail
for complaining about VV's talking too much. Attempting to prevent/lessen discussion is scummy.
FoS: Mellowed Man
for the same reason.

ZS: Why are you attacking Surye for pushing for the Korts wagon, but not Korts for also pushing for the Korts wagon?
Uh, was/is Surye pushing my wagon? I thought he was after VV.
I questioned VV's actions and got on your bandwagon.
Oh, didn't notice your vote. But hey, way to be consequent.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:23 am

Post by Korts »

Inquisitor JL wrote:Hey valiantvalant, you broke my wifomometer. That'll be £99.99 ($197.06) please.

Also :-
And before anybody asks "ZOMG VALIANTVALANT, WHY DID YOU MAKE A RESPONSE. YOU'RE BEING TOO DEFENSIVE, LOL." The reason why I responded was to continue the discussion. Discussion helps Townies catch Mafiosos, as it gives more of a chance for them to slip up.
Why do you defend youself before you have been accused? You were indeed being too defensive, but it only came from defending yourself against the accusation of being too defensive before anybody had accused you of it.
Unvote Vote ValiantValant

I have a hunch VV is just an overactive player due to his sickness. I will Vote: ValiantValant and when he gets well from his sickness (I'm sick but getting better at the moment) I will maybe think about removing my vote.
Please explain you're VV vote. If it because he talks to much then a) it is a bad reason to vote and b) Korts is right, you are a hypocrite. If it isn't I would like to know what is. Just without a good reason it seems you are voting because there is a nice juicy wagon.

FoS MellowedMan
I don't know about you, but to me, jumping on a wagon with a crappy reason is way scummier than being defensive. Anyway, it's your vote, whatever you think is best.
scumchat never die
mr. incrediball
mr. incrediball
Goon
mr. incrediball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:38 am

Post by mr. incrediball »

Mellowed Man wrote:I have a hunch VV is just an overactive player due to his sickness. I will
Vote: ValiantValant
and when he gets well from his sickness (I'm sick but getting better at the moment) I will maybe think about removing my vote.

wuh?

defending vv, and then voting him? you're making no sense, my friend, and i have a feeling you're just trying to cover all your bases...

unvote: VV vote: Mellowed man

oh, and can someone explain what bussing means?
Show
i'm this good at mafia:

wins: none so far (on this site, anyway)

losses: open 72 (as a townie) :(
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:02 am

Post by Riceballtail »

Riceballtail wrote:I guess I just find it funny that there are so many posts from [VV], while others are quite clearly lurking. I don't think that it's wrong to be highly active (especially if sick), but it seems out of place when it seems like there's more lurking than posting. Should have seen everyone post at least once since we've started.
Erratus Apathos wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Riceballtail
for complaining about VV's talking too much. Attempting to prevent/lessen discussion is scummy. FoS: Mellowed Man for the same reason.
I never intended to prevent discussion, I just wanted discussion to involve more than just four or five people. As you may notice, these posts invoked quite a bit of discussion, so why would I have made such a clearly scum-filled post "Hey, scum-post here, don't talk anymore!", knowing that I would command that much attention, drawing scum-glares?

Yeah, it drew attention. Risky? Quite. Worth it? Gotten a lot of replies from people who were being quite silent before. That's what it wanted to do.
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:08 am

Post by Celebloki »

I apologize for being AFK since the game started yesterday? or the day before maybe? I have been slightly busy from school.

I am doing a quick read through then I will post a response.
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:30 am

Post by Celebloki »

VV has certainly put himself out there and got attention thrown on him, but I have seen other players do the same thing and turn out to be town, He might just be playing a little too Overzealously. I still am FOS on him however. Most of what I'm seeing seems to be page1-2 silliness and I don't feel I can analyze anything too concrete at this time. I am waiting for more conversation.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:34 am

Post by q21 »

Why not start more conversation instead of sitting and waiting for it?
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:48 am

Post by Celebloki »

I just don't feel like bandwagoning just yet or placing a random vote on anyone. I'd like to see how the current convo between Surye/VV and all that pans out then make a better assessment.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:53 am

Post by q21 »

Or you don't want to say anything to incriminate yourself...

Just saying...
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:59 am

Post by Celebloki »

I would say your right on that, Like I stated before I have seen people play overzealously and get noticed heavily, then accrue votes, then be revealed to be town. I am not defending VV at all but as for myself I am not going to claim a side and remain neutral at this time. I just haven't seen any heavily incriminating play yet.
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:01 am

Post by Celebloki »

I don't see how not wanting to incriminate yourself is necessarily a scum trait when townies don't want to get false incrimination on themselves either.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:12 am

Post by xyzzy »

Amish Mafia votecount 1-2Korts: babygirl86, nswhorse, Surye
Riceballtail: Erratus Apathos
Valiant Valant: Riceballtail, Mellowed Man, ashmite84, Evilgorrilaz, Inquisitor JL
babygirl86: q21
nswhorse: The Fonz
Mellowed Man: Korts, mr. incrediball

Not voting: Killa Seven, ZombieSlayer54, Celebloki, Marmalade, Psychatrog, Rigel, ValiantValant

Yay votecounts
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:14 am

Post by q21 »

Did I say it was a scum trait?

Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:16 am

Post by Celebloki »

you did not but I felt you were trying to bait me so I clarified.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:51 am

Post by Erratus Apathos »

Sorry sir, but your license to lurk your ass off looks like a forgery. It doesn't have the holographic stamp of approval that's seen on government-issued licenses to lurk your ass off.

Unvote, Vote: Celebloki
Do you want your possessions identified?
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:57 am

Post by q21 »

The self professed lurker gets a vote before I go to bed.

vote: Celeboki

ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:43 pm

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

Considering how many other votes Korts has, Surye, this seems like you want to push it over the edge.

FOS Riceballtail

Overreaction, as has been stated before.

EA: Because Korts is obviously joking with his vote?

Vote Mellowedman

Seriously? Enough with the VV wagoning.

HOS Riceballtail.

I have very rarely seen townies act scummy just for the sake of getting conversation going.
HIS NAME IS SIR JEREMY WILKINS, AND THAT IS HOW YOU SHALL ADDRESS HIM!
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by Surye »

ZombieSlayer54 wrote:Considering how many other votes Korts has, Surye, this seems like you want to push it over the edge.
He was at L-5 when I voted him, what are you on about? Are we even playing the same game?

And unless I am counting wrong, VV is at L-5 too.

So, would you mind telling me how I was being reckless or scummy?
Rigel
Rigel
Goon
Rigel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:45 pm

Post by Rigel »

I'm sorry for missing the start of Day 1. I've been having computer troubles the past week, hence why I didn't confirm in-thread. I'm going to read this in depth and try to get some of my thoughts up tonight or tomorrow.
Show
With great power comes great responsibility.

Knowledge is power.

QED: With great knowledge comes great responsibility.
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:51 pm

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

Turning a random vote into a bandwagon with five or more people on it, no matter the amount of people in the game, always seems reckless to me.

Just saying: Never bandwagon a random vote.
HIS NAME IS SIR JEREMY WILKINS, AND THAT IS HOW YOU SHALL ADDRESS HIM!
nswhorse
nswhorse
Townie
nswhorse
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:22 pm

Post by nswhorse »

Sheesh. It seems anything other than random voting or OMGUSing gets chucked in the WIFOM basket. The whole point of this game is that one side has information and the other doesn't. The side that doesn't, must of necessity engage in speculation and second-guessing of motives, or else sit around until a mafia confesses out of sheer boredom. I stick to my opinion that the mafia wouldn't be dumb enough to bandwagon someone straight up, so it is in my opinion chasing the wind to go after someone on that basis. Call it WIFOM if you will, I call it eliminating unlikely possibilities to concentrate on more likely ones until there is more information to work with. This includes the possibilities of the scum being stupid or brazen. If they are, well it won't keep them alive in the long term.

unvote: Korts
vote: Erratus

For jumping on the lurker.
Go and boil your bottoms, you cheesy lot of second hand electric donkey bottom biters!
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:36 pm

Post by ashmite84 »

I will be
LoA
for a couple of days.
In a permanent state of Limited Access. I'll understand if I'm replaced in my current games.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:30 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

Riceballtail wrote:I never intended to prevent discussion, I just wanted discussion to involve more than just four or five people. As you may notice, these posts invoked quite a bit of discussion, so why would I have made such a clearly scum-filled post "Hey, scum-post here, don't talk anymore!", knowing that I would command that much attention, drawing scum-glares?

Yeah, it drew attention. Risky? Quite. Worth it? Gotten a lot of replies from people who were being quite silent before. That's what it wanted to do.
So let me get this straight: you voted for someone for "posting too much" in an attempt to get people to post more? Doubtful.
ZombieSlayer54 wrote:Turning a random vote into a bandwagon with five or more people on it, no matter the amount of people in the game, always seems reckless to me.
How is putting someone at L-6 reckless? What hazard does the ValiantValant wagon pose to the town when it's nowhere near lynching?
nswhorse wrote:Sheesh. It seems anything other than random voting or OMGUSing gets chucked in the WIFOM basket. The whole point of this game is that one side has information and the other doesn't. The side that doesn't, must of necessity engage in speculation and second-guessing of motives, or else sit around until a mafia confesses out of sheer boredom. I stick to my opinion that the mafia wouldn't be dumb enough to bandwagon someone straight up, so it is in my opinion chasing the wind to go after someone on that basis. Call it WIFOM if you will, I call it eliminating unlikely possibilities to concentrate on more likely ones until there is more information to work with. This includes the possibilities of the scum being stupid or brazen. If they are, well it won't keep them alive in the long term.
Let's assume that scum would not team up on a bandwagon. If so, any two players who team up on a bandwagon are therefore cleared from suspicion if the other turns up scum. If two scum did team up with a bandwagon, then whenever the first of the two dies, the other is cleared and presumably survives until the end winning it for his team. Therefore, if we presume that scum would not team up on a bandwagon, then we're actually encouraging scum to team up on a bandwagon. Your logic isn't being chucked in the WIFOM basket, it's being chucked in the waste basket. Please don't litter! Furthermore, the possibility of scum being stupid or brazen is not unlikely in the least, and as evidence I offer the following quote:
nswhorse wrote:

Your request that your buddy is permitted to lurk has been noted and summarily denied. Your options are as follows: his lynch today and your lynch tomorrow, or your lynch today and his lynch tomorrow; please give me your decision at your earliest convenience. Thanks for playing.
Do you want your possessions identified?
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:26 pm

Post by killa seven »

nswhorse wrote:Sheesh. It seems anything other than random voting or OMGUSing gets chucked in the WIFOM basket. The whole point of this game is that one side has information and the other doesn't. The side that doesn't, must of necessity engage in speculation and second-guessing of motives, or else sit around until a mafia confesses out of sheer boredom. I stick to my opinion that the mafia wouldn't be dumb enough to bandwagon someone straight up, so it is in my opinion chasing the wind to go after someone on that basis. Call it WIFOM if you will, I call it eliminating unlikely possibilities to concentrate on more likely ones until there is more information to work with. This includes the possibilities of the scum being stupid or brazen. If they are, well it won't keep them alive in the long term.

i come with terms this is how ea plays, he will vote 10 times in a row onto the easiest lynch, anyways im here, need 2 read, lots of wagons and crazy veiws goin on.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”