DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:31 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

How about farside22? Wanna lynch farside22? I do.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:44 am

Post by Miztef »

DrippingGoofball wrote:How about farside22? Wanna lynch farside22? I do.
... What are you even talking about? I suppose the previous post, but I'd prefer more eleboration.

Why are stating things such as "who should we lynch today, albert?" why are you inclined to listen to him? Or are you being sarcastic?
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:52 am

Post by dahill1 »

Miztef wrote:What does everyone think of guardian btw?
Guardian had a good point with the "lynching multiple times in a week until we find the SK"
Miztef wrote:No lingering at L-1, L-2. once it's at L-3, L-4, just speed lynch if you have any real suspicion of the player. We need to get players dead at least once a week. That means in order to surprise the scum, we have to jump at the 5-6 day mark as well sometimes.
you seem to agree with this too, so i don't really see the reason you're voting for him
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:53 am

Post by farside22 »

Miztef wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:How about farside22? Wanna lynch farside22? I do.
... What are you even talking about? I suppose the previous post, but I'd prefer more eleboration.

Why are stating things such as "who should we lynch today, albert?" why are you inclined to listen to him? Or are you being sarcastic?
I'm not allowed to disagree. Apparent DGB logic :roll:
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:54 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

farside22 wrote:If you are going to argue about someone's lynch and have reason that is one thing, but to place a vote without reason is scummie. Giving people a reason they didn't state when they voted is based on nothing but at name is bad. They should have there own opinon and state them or they can lie and use what ever logic you just stated as there own. Giving people a free pass to vote without reason should be noted.
I will destroy your entire argument in a single sentence:

"Its not what you can prove, its what you KNOW."

That's
the difference between this game and every other game you've played so far.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:55 am

Miztef wrote:... What are you even talking about? I suppose the previous post, but I'd prefer more eleboration.
That post made no sense at all. I suspect obfuscating scum.
Miztef wrote:Why are stating things such as "who should we lynch today, albert?" why are you inclined to listen to him? Or are you being sarcastic?
Fishing for Masons much? I happen to value Albert's opinion, dynamism, and decisiveness.

Hey Albert I wouldn't mind lynching Miztef, too.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Samruc
Samruc
Goon
Samruc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:11 am

Post by Samruc »

^ Good post
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:28 am

Post by Miztef »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Miztef wrote:... What are you even talking about? I suppose the previous post, but I'd prefer more eleboration.
That post made no sense at all. I suspect obfuscating scum.
Miztef wrote:Why are stating things such as "who should we lynch today, albert?" why are you inclined to listen to him? Or are you being sarcastic?
Fishing for Masons much? I happen to value Albert's opinion, dynamism, and decisiveness.

Hey Albert I wouldn't mind lynching Miztef, too.
Ok, so the post made no sense at all to you? why don't you just say that?

Also, why don't you just say you value albert's opinion? I do too, and I'm not afraid to admit it.

I questioned your posts due to lack of usefulness, you were just stating comments with no reasoning or explaination. Why do people do that? No one really cares about hunches, people care about reasons.

Well, I don't really have a defense for the "Fishing for masons" line. I didn't even realize it could be interpreted that way until you pointed it out. I guess my defense is that scum probably wouldn't come out and say it so directly, mine was just an error.

It seems like most everyone you mention DGB you just "wouldn't mind if they were lynched"... well, my question is, who do you
want
to be lynched most, and why.

I completely agree with farside's post unlike the others. I think you shouldn't vote without reason. I don't mind so much voting on a bandwagon because you agree with someone else's reasoning. Of course, you are to be held accountable if that person comes up pro-town, but at least there is something you are contributing (in the sense that you are condoning certain logic/points). With a "hunch" vote, you are giving almost nothing to work with. It's not nessisarily a scummy thing, but it is not helpful to the town imo.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:36 am

Post by Miztef »

well, funnily enough, farside's post starts off with her agreeing with me... didn't even realize that until I looked back at it (I was reading it off of ABR's quote).

I don't agree with her vote on Albert at all though, (well, if it were an offical vote, but no matter) as I think Albert has been one of the most pro-town players so far. Just because there is disagreement on a small point in his arguement against max, it does not make him scummy, especially not vote worthy.

@dahill1: In post 63 I mention my reasons why I find guardian scummy. Just because he says 1 thing I agree with, does not mean he is not scum. Frankly I don't like how you used that as an arguement against my vote at all.

I am going to switch to
unvote vote: max
though, because I think my guardian vote has a little too shallow evidence and isn't going to pick up any votes anytime soon.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:26 am

Post by dahill1 »

miztef,
i saw your other reason (strange fos at ooba), but as you said it wasn't strong enough evidence for anything other than possibly a suspicion.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:01 am

Post by Guardian »

Miztef...

you talked about scum using a code that we should look for.

neko talked about how scum might have a counter fake-code so that we shouldn't look for the real code because we might see a fake code that isn't the real code because the scum are 10 steps ahead of us.

If you think I am applying a double standard to find the first one neutral, and the second one very scummy, you need to rethink your thinking.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:07 am

Post by Miztef »

@guardian: I'm not impling you have a double standard, I'm saying your not backing up your accusations. Only know did you just do so (somewhat), but, for clarification:

Why is neko's idea that scum may have a fake code scummy?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:10 am

Post by Guardian »

Because it implies knowledge of what the scum did, and is laden in thick goopy layers of WIFOM for the town to get stuck in, whether or not it is true.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:12 am

Post by Guardian »

DGB, we could lynch Miztef, but I really find neko more promising at this juncture. Miztef is more likely to be an SK than neko though imo.
Do not lynch me.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:51 am

Post by muffinhead »

muffinhead, you will want to start by reading the previous game, to which there is a link on pg 2 of this thread. Since you're very new, I would suggest reading that game thoroughly. Make yourself a list of who is scum, mason, and town, then read the thread to see what they each do. It'll be a tad different this time with the SK, but I think the gameplay will be very similar, so that will be your best place to start.
Could u please be more specific since i dont understand which one it is. But if u could put the webpage up here it would be easiest if possible cause i would ove to read it and learn how to discover mafia scum.

Just one question, who r we trying to kill first up the sk or the mafia?
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:52 am

Post by muffinhead »

cheers
Show
For more info about my gaming history and future plans visit my wiki at

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Muffinhead

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:56 am

Post by dahill1 »

we try to kill both of them! we win when all threats to the town have been eliminated
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:45 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Hey everybody! Your friendly neighborhood co-mod here to give you a vote count!

Official Co-Moderator Vote Count!

4 Max (Sarcastro, samruc, Albert B. Rampage, Miztef)
3 Neko2086 (armlx, Guardian, ooba)
1 Flameaxe (DrippingGoofBall)
Not Voting: MuffinHead, NabakovNabakov, Tarhalindur, dahill1, Max, Blazerunner, Flameaxe, farside22, Lloyd, Neko2086,

Oddly enough, Beep Beep! isn't listed in the first post of the game of alive players and he's not in the game setup I was sent. Is he a replacement? Until I know he's in this game, his vote on Flameaxe doesn't count.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by neko2086 »

um, that is strange, Beep doesn't appear to be in this game at all.

muffinhead, I put the link up on pg 2 under the title Masons & Mafia. I even said on pg 3 that the link was on pg 2.

Also, I think it would be ideal to lynch the SK as soon as possible, as the existence of a SK that can kill once a week severely cuts back our discussion time. Lynching mafia in the meantime would be wonderful.

Mitzef, you have an FOS on me that you haven't yet explained. Seeing as how you're interested in everyone else explaining their votes/suspicions, I would hope that you would do the same.

ABR, could you elaborate a little on your "it's not what you can prove, it's what you know" bit? True there is a portion of players who have some prior knowledge that can help steer us away from bad lynches, but there is also a portion of players who don't know anything about anybody else and would like very much for some reasons to suspect lynch candidates. Also, the mafia are just as capable of steering lynches, so what people
know
isn't always going to help us. I think it is still in the best interest of the town to give some sort of reasoning when voting.
In Tartiflette We Trust
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:08 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Whoops, I misthought that whole scumcode thing; didn't realize that circumstances where a scumcode would be applied would pretty much dictate that a scum is on the chopping block anyway. Though I would agree with Guardian that neko's suggestion of a fake code seems like scum laying the seed of doubt should their code ever be discovered.

I am honestly baffled by farside's post. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the gist was "Its scummy to vote a player without immediately posting your reasons beacause if you don't you can steal other people's reasons or make up bad ones." That's reasonable... I guess, and I can kind of see how it could be applicable to a vote on Albert, but Albert has since justified his ass off with reasonable analysis. Sarcastro and Samruc still have yet to even explain their votes (I recognize the whole trap thing, but refusing to reveal reasons for votes still ticks me off) wouldn't that make them scummier?
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:13 pm

Post by muffinhead »

ok neko found it cheers for that. I was looking under page 2 in them parkes lol
Show
For more info about my gaming history and future plans visit my wiki at

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Muffinhead

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:03 pm

Post by dahill1 »

neko2086 wrote:Nabakov, read the end of the original game. Mitzef and ABR had codes that they would use if they were about to be lynched which would point out their targets for desperate daykills, and the order in which they would be attempting to kill them. That way, when they inevitably died from a failed daykill, their partners would know who they tried to kill, and would know not to target that person.

For town, if they could crack that code, they'd know who else was town-aligned since they would be in that coded list. But, remember, the scum are only dropping these codes when they're about to be lynched and are going on a suicidal mission, so even if we were to spot the code, we'd be finding out they were scum soon anyway. That's not the issue. The issue is the interpretation of the code afterwards, and I think it's a dangerous thing to try, as it could lead us down the wrong path.
Vote: neko
why try and send us on a wild goose chase looking for codes? even if we do, we probably won't be able to find any. also, we should be ahead of the SK, not at pace with him/her. so we should lynch more than once a week so we can get to the SK before he/she kills people.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:53 pm

Post by Miztef »

@dahill1: Outpacing the SK is pointless and has been discussed before. the SK may make a kill right after every lynch, negating is original requirement to wait a week.

Terribly sorry neko, my fos on you is a mistake. I must have just thrown it in there by mistake, because you came up in a lot of the things I was mentioning.

I agree with nabakov's latest post, farside's post seems completely detatched from a vote on albert. I don't understand how it is good justification to vote him.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:00 pm

Post by armlx »

dahill1 wrote:
Miztef wrote:What does everyone think of guardian btw?
Guardian had a good point with the "lynching multiple times in a week until we find the SK"
Except we can't for the previously mentioned reason the SK's kill lag refreshes after every lynch..... Not liking this lack of reading multiple things. Still think Neko's WIFOM, hysteria causing, and forced commenting deserves a vote over him though.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:06 pm

Guardian wrote:DGB, we could lynch Miztef, but I really find neko more promising at this juncture. Miztef is more likely to be an SK than neko though imo.
okay! But I don't believe Miztef's denial of fishing for masons. Pretty sure that's what he was doing.

unvote, vote: neko

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”