Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:18 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Guardian wrote:DGB, we could lynch Miztef, but I really find neko more promising at this juncture. Miztef is more likely to be an SK than neko though imo.
okay! But I don't believe Miztef's denial of fishing for masons. Pretty sure that's what he was doing.

unvote, vote: neko
DG, you're overreacting with Miztef IMO.
neko2086 wrote:ABR, could you elaborate a little on your "it's not what you can prove, it's what you know" bit?
Sure man. Let me put it this way; the very clues to finding mafia lie in the links between the players, not in the hypothetical reasoning behind a vote.
Miztef wrote:I agree with nabakov's latest post, farside's post seems completely detatched from a vote on albert. I don't understand how it is good justification to vote him.
Yeah, I highly encourage farside to reconsider the allocation of her resources.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:42 pm

Post by muffinhead »

ok i have read over that game and only one more question

what does FOS mean?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:57 pm

Post by ooba »

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:59 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I notice some of our men haven't arrived yet; Tar, Lloyd where are you guys ?

Hey muffin, most of your questions can be answered by using the wiki. An FoS is a precursor to a vote. Consider it a verbal warning.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:07 pm

Post by Lloyd »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:the very clues to finding mafia lie in the links between the players, not in the hypothetical reasoning behind a vote.
Then I would assume the following scenarios:

If Alex attacks Beth:
- If Alex is scum, Beth probably is not scum
- If Alex is sk, Beth is not sk
- If Alex is mason, Beth probably is not mason
- If Alex is town, Beth could be any role

If Alex defends Beth:
- If Alex is scum, Beth probably is scum
- If Alex is sk, Beth is not sk
- If Alex is mason, Beth probably is mason
- If Alex is town, Beth could be any role
---
As for pseudo-lynch-deadlines: As long as the SK is alive, I agree with the consensus that we should lynch every 6 to 7 days, hopefully pre-empting the SK from making another kill.

Regarding Max: Meta-gaming wise, I generally find his posts confusing, regardless of alignment. In another game, Max and I were masons, and I had the hardest time understanding him.

In this game, Max's posting in this game seems more coherent, independent of Albert's accusations. Since Max attacked Beep Beep right off the bat...Since Beep Beep turned out to not be playing, I'm curious who Max current suspects.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:17 pm

Post by Lloyd »

Miztef wrote:I am going to switch to
unvote vote: max
though, because I think my guardian vote has a little too shallow evidence and isn't going to pick up any votes anytime soon.
The game is early, yet bandwagons seem swift, so I don't see how number of votes on Guardian should influence your suspicions of him or of Max.

The number of votes someone has isn't indicative of his / her scumminess per se. To use it as a reason to gauge scumminess seems odd, unconventional, and a poor reason in my opinion.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:18 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Whoops. I've been short on access for a bit (little time for Mafiascum due to packing for spring break). What's more, I needed to use most of the time I had to deal with a situation in Mini 549 (which I'm modding), hence the lack of posting.

Now that I've had a chance to look at the thread... why isn't neko dead yet? Seriously, the comment about the SK kill is scummy as all hell.

Vote: neko
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:33 pm

Post by Lloyd »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:I notice some of our men haven't arrived yet; Tar, Lloyd where are you guys ?
It seems that you and I just cross-posted.

By the way, I'd like to continue game mechanics theory that you brought up earlier for discussion, because game mechanics is the main reason I signed up for this game.

At end of the other game, Pooky brought up wanting to make the game pace faster then. In this game, he ended up going with an SK instead of a hard deadline. What's your take on that, since you played in the other game?
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:34 pm

Post by dahill1 »

armlx wrote:Except we can't for the previously mentioned reason the SK's kill lag refreshes after every lynch..... Not liking this lack of reading multiple things.
oops forgot about that!

but still..
Still think Neko's WIFOM, hysteria causing, and forced commenting deserves a vote over him though.
QFT so i'll keep my vote on him for now
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:54 pm

Post by Miztef »

Lloyd wrote:
Miztef wrote:I am going to switch to
unvote vote: max
though, because I think my guardian vote has a little too shallow evidence and isn't going to pick up any votes anytime soon.
The game is early, yet bandwagons seem swift, so I don't see how number of votes on Guardian should influence your suspicions of him or of Max.

The number of votes someone has isn't indicative of his / her scumminess per se. To use it as a reason to gauge scumminess seems odd, unconventional, and a poor reason in my opinion.
mmm... I didn't really mean it to sound like I was voting him explicitly because others are. I just feel his case needs more attention at this time, and guardian's doesn't really need it.

With the speedy deadlines in this game, I think each players resources in this game should be as focused as possible. Right now the hot button players players are max and neko, so I think focusing on them is good enough for now, barring any heavily scummy action from other players. I felt my suspicion of guardian was too weak to push him into the limelight right now.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:08 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Tarhilindur, Mafia is dead.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:08 pm

Post by muffinhead »

Well neko has answered most of my questions therefore i owe it to him not to vote for him this round. (even though i reckon he is sk since he first mentioned it)

therefore based on that fact i vote the next obvious scumbag which is max

vote max
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:16 pm

Post by muffinhead »

unknown reasons :shock: what does that mean?

If im correct the sk cant kill again so therefore did he commit suicide? Oh well, so long as its a mafia scumbag then thats all that counts lol
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:24 pm

Post by dahill1 »

muffinhead wrote:Well neko has answered most of my questions therefore i owe it to him not to vote for him this round. (even though i reckon he is sk since he first mentioned it)

therefore based on that fact i vote the next obvious scumbag which is max

vote max
just because answered questions about another thread doesn't mean he's innocent..and also can you explain why you think max is a scumbag?
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:34 pm

Post by muffinhead »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
And finally, unlike most games you should never claim, ever, and it would be useles as masons would claim town, mafia would claim town and serial killer would claim town...
Way to state the obvious Max Goof!

Vote: Max

Unhelpfully scummy as always.

I never said he was innocent, in fact i will proberbly vote him off after, but thatis my way of thanking him for anwring my questions.

Now u may ask y max? well the quote explains it all and correct me if im wrong but i see it as pointless to vote for a new person.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:40 pm

Post by Guardian »

unvote

I am now of the belief that neko is more likely to be town.

BTW, Discussing Tar's death is anti-town. Seriously. Think critically about it. If you discuss Tar's death or question me about this, I am likely to vote you.

vote: Miztef
until re-read.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:59 pm

Post by ooba »

Guardian wrote:BTW, Discussing Tar's death is anti-town. Seriously. Think critically about it. If you discuss Tar's death or question me about this, I am likely to vote you.
QFT. I do not believe that this makes neko more likely to be pro town though
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:52 am

Post by Max »

muffinhead wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:
And finally, unlike most games you should never claim, ever, and it would be useles as masons would claim town, mafia would claim town and serial killer would claim town...
Way to state the obvious Max Goof!

Vote: Max

Unhelpfully scummy as always.

I never said he was innocent, in fact i will proberbly vote him off after, but thatis my way of thanking him for anwring my questions.

Now u may ask y max? well the quote explains it all and correct me if im wrong but i see it as pointless to vote for a new person.
Unvote

vote: muffinhead

He votes me for no reason either an obvious bandwagon or a really bad scum player
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:21 am

Post by neko2086 »

dahill wrote: why try and send us on a wild goose chase looking for codes?
Are you not paying attention? That is exactly what I am trying to prevent!
also, we should be ahead of the SK, not at pace with him/her. so we should lynch more than once a week so we can get to the SK before he/she kills people.
This has already been covered.
but still..
armlx wrote: Still think Neko's WIFOM, hysteria causing, and forced commenting deserves a vote over him though.
QFT so i'll keep my vote on him for now
Actually, I want to address both of these at the same time. First, have I really caused any hysteria? A big debate, yes, but hysteria? That's a bit of an exaggeration.
Dahill, it looks like you're stretching and pulling to find a reason to vote me. Others that have voted me have at least come up with plausible reasons as to why I might be anti-town. You voted me with bad reasoning and ended up just quoting somebody else's logic. Looking back, too, you had a very early fos on me, which was also prompted by others' suspicion of me. What do you
personally
think of me?
FOS
for you in the meantime.
Nabakov wrote: Though I would agree with Guardian that neko's suggestion of a fake code seems like scum laying the seed of doubt should their code ever be discovered.
If somebody says they discover a code, should we just go ahead and believe them? I just believe that absolutely everything in this game should be considered with an
extremely
critical eye.

muffinhead, if you really think I'm the sk, you ought to be voting for me. Actually, scum A will sometimes buddy up to town B in order to keep B from voting A, so just because I answered your questions, that shouldn't be your basis for not voting for me. If you
are
going to vote me, though, you should reconsider your logic.

Max, while muffinhead's vote is not at all well placed, he is also a newbie. So, do you think his vote is newbie-town or newbie-scum? I'm not sure we can tell either way yet.
In Tartiflette We Trust
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:33 am

Post by dahill1 »

neko,
looking back on both of the points i had voted you on, i realized they were both kind of unwarranted. the SK killer thing was explained so my mistake. the reason i was suspicious about the whole codes thing was that it seemed like a WIFOM by just mentioning the fake codes. however, i can see what your intentions might have been. so for now i'm going to
unvote

as for muffinhead, he definitely is suspicious (not voting for neko just for helping him, voting max with no explanation), but as neko said he probably is just a newbie. we have to consider that he could be playing the newbie card and just using it as a front for any mistakes he makes, but i don't think thats the case
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:55 am

Post by Lloyd »

Miztef wrote:Right now the hot button players players are max and neko, so I think focusing on them is good enough for now, barring any heavily scummy action from other players.
Your reasoning is confusing. Earlier, you FOS'd Sarcastro and Samruc for their votes on Max, yet you are using their votes to justify your vote.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:42 am

Post by Miztef »

Lloyd wrote:
Miztef wrote:Right now the hot button players players are max and neko, so I think focusing on them is good enough for now, barring any heavily scummy action from other players.
Your reasoning is confusing. Earlier, you FOS'd Sarcastro and Samruc for their votes on Max, yet you are using their votes to justify your vote.
I never really thought of it that way... How I see it is that there are 2 people in the limelight right now (well, neko seems to be leaving it). Out of the 2, since we should lynch soon, I would lynch max. There is no other case as of yet I find overwhelmingly more compelling them the one against him.

Even though I sent out FoS's, I think there is a good chance any of those people are pro-town, even if not, their logic may still be viable, even as scum.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:00 am

Post by farside22 »

Sarcastro and Samruc still have yet to even explain their votes (I recognize the whole trap thing, but refusing to reveal reasons for votes still ticks me off) wouldn't that make them scummier?
My question is why is Albert letting them off with just a vote and giving the reasoning for others to jump on? I have a feeling that no one is going to listen to me on this. I don't find his earlier comments helpful on this page.
Sure man. Let me put it this way; the very clues to finding mafia lie in the links between the players, not in the hypothetical reasoning behind a vote.

How does this explain a vote against a player without letting them comment. Is this okay for everyone to jump on a BW? Or is it okay for only certain people?
I'm chaning my vote due to Miztef' 180 degree turn about from one post to another. Sloppy is scummie
unvote: vote: Miztef
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:32 am

Post by Miztef »

farside22 wrote:
Sarcastro and Samruc still have yet to even explain their votes (I recognize the whole trap thing, but refusing to reveal reasons for votes still ticks me off) wouldn't that make them scummier?
My question is why is Albert letting them off with just a vote and giving the reasoning for others to jump on? I have a feeling that no one is going to listen to me on this. I don't find his earlier comments helpful on this page.

How does this explain a vote against a player without letting them comment. Is this okay for everyone to jump on a BW? Or is it okay for only certain people?
I'm chaning my vote due to Miztef' 180 degree turn about from one post to another. Sloppy is scummie
unvote: vote: Miztef
That's it? You give evidence for why others are scummy, and throw a 1 liner in against me (which I find very vague as to what you are refering to) and get on my bandwagon. I don't like that at all, talk about 180's, you were
agreeing
with me a post or 2 ago.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:33 am

Post by armlx »

On top of neko, I don't like muffinhead's 180 from "How do I know who scum is?" to "Vote scumbag Max".

Still don't like neko's awk SK comment, WIFOM, then trying to back track on the WIFOM completely making it a different argument.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”