An Alternative to Cults

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

Your Opinion:

I like your idea, it's an interesting twist
26%
It's a terrible idea, and cannot be made practical.
48%
I agree with PJ: Cults are fine just the way they are!
26%

Total votes: 31

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:06 am

Post by PokerFace »

You are
Petroleumjelly
and you detest cults. You have a double vote and the power to make kills at night to help get rid of them. You win when cults are no longer considered an acceptable Mafia Role.

You are
MikeBurnFire
. You are flashy and get to write gruesomely violent death scenes as well as contribute to discussions on Video Games, Anime, and Mafia. You can not be lynched on any day that you are called a jerk. You win with Waterboy Waldo.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:22 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

PokerFace wrote:You are
Petroleumjelly
and you detest cults. You have a double vote and the power to make kills at night to help get rid of them. You win when cults are no longer considered an acceptable Mafia Role.

You are
MikeBurnFire
. You are flashy and get to write gruesomely violent death scenes as well as contribute to discussions on Video Games, Anime, and Mafia. You can not be lynched on any day that you are called a jerk. You win with Waterboy Waldo.
I APPROVE!
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:00 am

Post by PokerFace »

Glork wrote:...somebody ran a really aweome role in scumchat a while back, in which Player X could attempt to Masonize somebody each night. If at any point he was alive and masons with at least half of the living players, he would win the game. I think that might be a more appropriate way to deal with it, because like PJ, I agree that arbitrarily altering others' win conditions (even if it's just adding one) adds an element that is very unpredictable and rarely "fair" to all involved.
I think I'd like to play with a role like this. It is a good sustitute for cults. Mike's idea is also cool. I'd like playing with either of them.

Hmm...
what kind of choas would evolve if the "mason recruiter" died and a mafioso later fake claimed being a mason?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:24 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Tamuz wrote:Wow... That sucks to be the cult leader then. Worse chance of winning than a NKable SK.

I'd have huge problems with that role if I got it, in fact I would immediately ask for a replacement if I got this role. And I think I'm the only player on this site who
playing as the cult leader and with cults.

I have no problem with old cults, I have big problems with your cult. Easy to see where my answer stands.
Not true, this role could actually be gamebreaking. If the cult leader can get the town to trust him from the very start, everybody could just no-lynch/no-kill while the leader recruits until you have the first game of mafia where absolutely everybody wins.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:48 am

Post by Nemesis »

Wouldn't it be 50% of people win, the other 50% are endgamed? (This isn't counting night kills (from n0 onwards) and other random stuff.)
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=414662#414662]Damnit, Nemesis.[/url]

Return to “Mafia Discussion”