Scummies 2008 Nominations! (Deadline: 1/15)

darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:23 am

Post by darkdude »

Nominate:
cicero

Award:
Most Enjoyable Mini (Normal)

Game:
Normal Mini 626
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:26 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Second dd's nomination. Though I'm kinda pissed at how nerftastic my role was, lol.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:29 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

I'll third DD's nomination. That game was tons of fun.
Matin
Matin
Goon
Matin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:44 am

Post by Matin »

4th
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by Adel »

what made it enjoyable to y'all? Judging the scummies is a pain, and this category is one of the most subjective. Whate elements of the set-up, rule set, and excution of cicero's mod duties made this game so enjoyable?
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Adel wrote:what made it enjoyable to y'all? Judging the scummies is a pain, and this category is one of the most subjective. Whate elements of the set-up, rule set, and excution of cicero's mod duties made this game so enjoyable?
I think it was the abundance of cicero.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:01 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Adel wrote:what made it enjoyable to y'all? Judging the scummies is a pain, and this category is one of the most subjective. Whate elements of the set-up, rule set, and excution of cicero's mod duties made this game so enjoyable?
Innovative set up (well, unusual at least), interesting playing out of that set up, vote counts just prevalent enough to be useful, keeping the game intact through a few tough calls (i.e. Ennui's full roleclaim quote), prompt processing of night actions. Anything else y'all can think of?
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

forbiddanlight wrote:
Innovative set up (well, unusual at least), interesting playing out of that set up, vote counts just prevalent enough to be useful,
keeping the game intact through a few tough calls (i.e. Ennui's full roleclaim quote)
, prompt processing of night actions. Anything else y'all can think of?
I read that, and it really didn't seem that bad as compared to some that I've seen. That was an obvious modkill, and it didn't really give away anything of the setup that could've ruined that game. In addition, he happened to omit the name of his partner, so it didn't ruin the game for him. That wasn't, IMO, anything special.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:21 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

hasdgfas wrote:I read that, and it really didn't seem that bad as compared to some that I've seen. That was an obvious modkill, and it didn't really give away anything of the setup that could've ruined that game. In addition, he happened to omit the name of his partner, so it didn't ruin the game for him. That wasn't, IMO, anything special.
It kind of sucked for us (the other scum team) in a way, because I could no longer safely claim watcher/tracker and it gave away the information about the scum having bulletproof vests. Any misinformation we could have fed about the game's setup was no longer viable. It also really sucked for his partner. It definitely didn't ruin the game in any way, but it certainly benefited the town to have that information on the table.
The dueling scum teams and flavor of the game was a lot of fun. I thoroughly enjoyed playing the role of an undercover cop with a bulletproof vest trying to arrest the mafia. The elements of multiple scum teams also brought a nice mechanic to the game. We had to make decisions about how to deal with the other scum team, and find ways to get them lynched without revealing our inside information.

Also, the game had fun players who posted frequently, and a nail-biting ending where the town, was 1 vote away from pulling out the win but threw it away in the end.

Cicero kept the game running smoothly, was quick with night actions, and had great flavor. He did a great modding job.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:52 am

Post by Cass »

Fifth :) Even though my crewmates lost us the game by murdering me :cry:
I really enjoyed that game. The flavor was awesome and everything made sense in the context, yet it wasn't a breakable set-up. I mean, even a full role pm quote didn't break it!
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:32 am

Post by darkdude »

I read that, and it really didn't seem that bad as compared to some that I've seen. That was an obvious modkill, and it didn't really give away anything of the setup that could've ruined that game. In addition, he happened to omit the name of his partner, so it didn't ruin the game for him. That wasn't, IMO, anything special.
It did ruin it for me, but...

cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:37 am

Post by cicero »

Thanks for the nomination from my Mini 626 players!

One of the problems with scummies is that I don't think people think of them all the time. I certainly don't. So what gets in and gets out can be affected by having someone go "oh yeah! the scummies". Anyway, that's what just happened to me so I have a few thoughts on nominees that I either hadn't turned my mind to or forgot for a bit.

I hereby nominate for:

* Most Cunning Manipulation - "The Don Corleone" Award

* Best Performance by an Individual (Scum) - "Oscar" Award

*Best Replacement

* Best Performance in a Losing Cause

Shaft.ed
for his performance in
Adel's Nightmare

He came in as a replacement in a very bad situation and made a great case that made me have to lynch myself to survive. (Weird I know, yes. Go read it.)

as well as
Kison
in
Ipick
who came in as a replacement for me after I was sucking eggs terribly, the team had been decimated AND I had saddled him with a softclaim of certain false information that he had to work in that contradicted other info. He pulled an amazing turnaround that would have won scum the game except for the pesky invisible townie who we all thought was dead.

Which leads me to
Nominate two moderators for awards
that I think should have been nommed already.

* Most Enjoyable Game (Mini [theme/normal]) and
* Best Setup

to
Adel
for
Adel's Nightmare
and
Guardian
for
Ipick

Both games combine innovative game design with excellent moderation. I was privileged to be involved with them as a player.

I'm sure other people can think of other performances by players and moderators that were also excellent. These are just some of the standout things that I've been exposed to in the last little while. Thought they should get some recognition.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:04 am

Post by Porochaz »

Ill
2nd
Adel's nightmare for most enjoyable mini theme.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:21 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I third Adel's Nightmare and second Guardian's IPick.

Also,
Best Performance in a Losing Cause. Shaft.ed for his performance in IPick.

The losing cause was created when he was slapped two simultaneous post restrictions, one for haikus, and the other for praising Nibbler. The result was a bizarre mixture of dogged bravery and knee-slapping hilarity.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:30 am

Post by cicero »

Except his team won AND the PRs killed him... depends on how you define "losing cause" I guess. It was hilarious though.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:43 am

Post by Kison »

Hi.

I'm answering my prod. :twisted: (joke)

If the 'most enjoyable' scummy is categorized by each game type, like mini normal, mini theme, large theme, etc, then Cicero's last mini takes the cake - I don't think I've ever seen a mini normal that doesn't stretch beyond what is acceptable as a normal game that was quite that enjoyable. He managed to mix a bunch of normal roles in such a way that provided for a fun puzzle to crack instead of a dreary, cookie-cutter game setup. I'm saddened I was offed before the real fun came in.

The thing is, it's always going to be hard to make a normal game more enjoyable than a wicked theme game as far as the setup goes because of how limited you are in what you can do. But, I'll gladly support the nomination and let the judges decide.
PokerFace wrote:
Nominate:
shaft.ed
Award:
Funiest Player

He has made alot of posts GD and gamewise, political or abridg.ed that should be recognized for their witty humor
I will third Shaft.ed
For Ipick Nibbler Haikus
Nibbler sees his wife
Last edited by Kison on Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:21 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Thanks for the nod cicero.
cicero wrote:Except his team won AND the PRs killed him... depends on how you define "losing cause" I guess. It was hilarious though.
This is why I love DGB.

Also I think I already seconded iPick, but Adel's set-up was as much fun to watch as it was to play in.
Third
the nomination
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:19 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Nominate/Back up iPick
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:23 am

Post by Rashiminos »

Consider two flavor names for the Best Replacement Award:

Best New Resident (town)
Best Pinch Hitter (scum)
Show
Completed Games:
Newbie: 459, 625(replace), 642
Mini: 659

[i]Ralph, the Driv3r.[/i]
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:48 am

Post by BridgesAndBaloons »

Nominate:
Guardian
Award:
Best Replacement (scum)

Game:
Mini 553

Guardian replaced in on page 24. This game had a lot of modding problems, one of which resulted in the person Guardian replaced to accidentally make a huge case against
himself
. Guardian was very likely to be lynched that day, but he defended himself so well that he avoided being lynched,
and
managed to hammer a doctor right after they claimed. He almost got away with doing that the next day, when he came up with a brilliant plan with Destructor, his remaining scum-buddy. Scum definitely would have definitely won the game, but they got unlucky with a town power role. Also, Guardian even NKed the vig.

Guardian was an astounding replacement, and turned the game around from not having much of a chance of winning to within a hair of winning the game. Had it not been for the mod abandoning the game, I would not have been able to figure out whether I was naive or not, and scum would have won.
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:13 am

Post by destructor »

Second Guardian for Best Replacement

Even thought we didn't win, it took a lot of work to turn things around as much as he did. He revitalised the game, as least for me, and like Bab said, I think it was his play that bought scum so close to a win after being so far from it.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:57 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Nominate:
Pie

Award:
Best Performance - Newbie

Game:
Newbie 622

Despite having her partner immediately under suspicion and consequently lynched Day 1, Pie managed to go through the entirety of the game without a single player questioning her innocence, playing some experienced ICs and a pretty good standard of newbie players like fools to win the game. I can't imagine a more impressive way to win your first game.
#greenshirtthursdays
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:21 pm

Post by Claus »

Hmmm, I just noticed that the first page needs some updating - there are a lot of missing nominations there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:18 am

Post by gorckat »

ChannelDelibird wrote:
Nominate:
Pie

Award:

Game:
Newbie 622

Despite having her partner immediately under suspicion and consequently lynched Day 1, Pie managed to go through the entirety of the game without a single player questioning her innocence, playing some experienced ICs and a pretty good standard of newbie players like fools to win the game. I can't imagine a more impressive way to win your first game.
Oh, man. If that Pie is also good, then I'm gonna get confused.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:49 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

ChannelDelibird wrote:
Nominate:
Pie

Award:

Game:
Newbie 622

Second Second SECOND.

Pie owned me, Mith AND CDB.

She just beat me.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”