Newbie 531: (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:15 am

Post by bird1111 »

Vote Count:
Battousai (2): SlySly, Superfly
Tly (1): Tamuz

Not voting (4): Battousai, Tlp, Apyadg, soupfly,

With 7 alive it is 4 votes to lynch.
Tlp
Tlp
Townie
Tlp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:41 am

Post by Tlp »

Why I said that was because i found it pretty easy for battousai to think im suspicious just for that comment. I mean why would he jump that fast on the bandwagon(or even start it)?

"Right tlp made a mistake, lets just say he's probably scum and lynch him fast!" That way 1 less to go.

To me Superfly seems carefull so I don't think he's scum. (well atm, might change ofcourse). Don't really have much on the others

Tamuz, yes you are helping me but then again you did put a vote on me for not letting a voting slate happen. Easy call?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:44 am

Post by Battousai »

I didn't mean to bait the cop, I didn't think that either of those two people would be lynched (in fact, I'm pretty sure I will be), but I have a "feeling" that they have a role other than plain townie.

The reason why I asked this is so if the cop investigated someone and it turned up townie, I would know if there is still a chance that they are scum and shouldn't be knocked off the list of possible scum.
Tlp wrote:Why I said that was because i found it pretty easy for battousai to think im suspicious just for that comment. I mean why would he jump that fast on the bandwagon(or even start it)?
That's the reason why I did not place a vote on you. I just wanted to point out that I thought that was suspicious. It was not enough evidence to vote you out.

I can't defend myself further without claiming, so please, either don't vote to lynch me or if I have 3 votes against me, let me post before the final vote.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:45 am

Post by bird1111 »

I will be in Jamaica from the 23rd to the 28th, Mr. Flay will be keeping a eye on you guys during this time
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:58 am

Post by Battousai »

have fun in Jamaica!

Thanks!
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:29 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Just 'cause the mod is gone doesn't mean we should stop.

Tlp, I don't want to sound mean... but is English a 2nd (3rd, etc.) language of yours because your posts are highly incoherent. Much of the time I'm guessing at your meaning, which doesn't help.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:12 pm

Post by SlySly »

Tamuz, while we are waiting, who or what is "The Cake" and why is it not the truth?

Soup, did you get your computer fixed yet?

substitute mod: a prod on apyadg, please.
Apyadg
Apyadg
Goon
Apyadg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:06 am

Post by Apyadg »

No need for the prod, sorry about not posting in a while, ten straight days at work because of the Christmas rush. :/

There'll be a longer post by me in the next few hours, need some last minute groceries, I'll have internet time in the evening.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:35 am

Post by Tamuz »

The Cake is a Lie is a reference to Portal http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal_(video_game)

And thats the link, but the forum doesn't want to make it blue...
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:31 am

Post by SlySly »

Tamuz, that looks like a cool game!!

Now, why would Lucifer have affection for Mediterranean coin?
Tlp
Tlp
Townie
Tlp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:34 pm

Post by Tlp »

Tamuz, its indeed my 3th language so I'm srry if my english isn't really that great :)

Doing my best anyway.

I'm quite intrested in what apy has to say, didn't really heared alot from him. Even mafia scum has to work indeed ;)
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:44 pm

Post by SlySly »

Tlp wrote: Tamuz, its indeed my 3th language so I'm srry if my english isn't really that great :)
Tlp, you are doing great on your english and I have to give props to anyone that can play mafia in their 3rd language. However, I feel like your english may become a problem, gamewise, for you as this game progresses.
Tlp
Tlp
Townie
Tlp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:46 am

Post by Tlp »

SlySly wrote:
Tlp wrote: Tamuz, its indeed my 3th language so I'm srry if my english isn't really that great :)
Tlp, you are doing great on your english and I have to give props to anyone that can play mafia in their 3rd language. However, I feel like your english may become a problem, gamewise, for you as this game progresses.
Well I'm fine with reading, Its just a bit hard telling how i feel about some ppl here in decent english. Anyway i'm going offtopic now.

We are 1 vote away from lynching battousai. And still waiting on some words from apy.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:14 am

Post by Battousai »

Actually, its two. Only slysly and superfly have voted me so far. There is nothing I can say to sway anyone's minds, I believe, except a role claim, which I don't want to do. This game is going would go a lot better when some people would be more active, but they can't because of the holidays and one person is having computer problems.

@Tlp- You will probably be fine. I've played games like this where English was a second, third, and even fourth language.
Apyadg
Apyadg
Goon
Apyadg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:24 am

Post by Apyadg »

Am I glad that Christmas is over with! :P

Battousai's potential scumtell still strikes me as being one of the most notable events so far. I believe your only comment on it, Battousai is "Maybe I shouldn't have said that", which doesn't really seem enough to me; why did you? I don't buy that someone just types and submits something in this game without considering how it would be interpretted, and it serves no purpose to tell people that you're vanilla; as Soupfly points out (#41), it just makes very little sense as a townie to make that post. But it also makes little sense at all to make that post as a scum. What do other people make of it? To me, it just seems to be bad play, and not necessarily a scum tell, but as we're so short of other suspicious posts, it really should be considered.

His "mod-fishing" about his role worries me slightly more.
The reason why I asked this is so if the cop investigated someone and it turned up townie, I would know if there is still a chance that they are scum and shouldn't be knocked off the list of possible scum.
If this is the case, why not simply ask in PM, as the rules make it clear that you can? As a townie, it seems to me, you're more likelyto be lynched after making that post, but again, it'd be very bad play by scum.
I can't defend myself further without claiming, so please, either don't vote to lynch me or if I have 3 votes against me, let me post before the final vote.
This post also makes me suspicious. It's essentially just "As soon as I'm about to be lynched, I'll claim". Are you more likely to do this as scum, or townie? I'm not ready to vote yet, but the case for the defence of Battusai seems to pretty much be that his posts were just stupid, and not scumtells.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:07 am

Post by Battousai »

word, but seriously though. I never really thought about that post since it was in the confermation stage.

The reason I asked mod in the forum, not pm, is so that all the townies could use the information if they needed it.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:30 am

Post by SlySly »

Did everyone die or what?
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:27 pm

Post by Battousai »

I'm just waiting on someone else's reply.
Apyadg
Apyadg
Goon
Apyadg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:44 pm

Post by Apyadg »

*waves*

Mod, could you prod everyone? This game is dying.
Apyadg
Apyadg
Goon
Apyadg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:55 pm

Post by Apyadg »

tlp wrote:"Right tlp made a mistake, lets just say he's probably scum and lynch him fast!" That way 1 less to go.
But your "mistake" was a vote which appeared scummy. What else are we going to have to lynch people with other than behaviour which townies consider to be scummy? I'm not saying you should have been lynched on that post alone, but then neither was Tamuz.He voted for you and clearly laid out his reasons by giving an analysis of your posts, and you shrug it off by saying you're inexperienced, and fail to directly address any of his points. "It's alright, I'm a newb", well, quite. This is a newb game, so mistakes will happen, but being a newb still isn;t a defence, or we'd have nothing at all to lynch on.

So, in summary, I'd appreciate you directly addressing the points Tamuz made, by explaining why you did what you did, instead of just misinterpreting Tamuz (he never said anything *close* to "Lynch him fast", this seems to be a deliberate attempt to cast doubt on Tamuz based on words which were never spoken), and claiming inexperience.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:30 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Battousi, why are you waiting?

Your ass is the most on the line and all you've said about the case on you is, "Too bad". Well so what if too bad? Just because you can't defend yourself doesn't mean you can't be pro-town and scumhunt. Your lack or defense and lack of search is doing NOTHING to help you case in my eyes.

Apy, thank you. Although I really do fear that many of my opinions on Tlp are from him not being able to convey his feelings. Tlp, if I can ask, what is your intimate language so I can try and figure out what the common translation errors are from it, and look at the incidental words that are carried from language as opposed to from thought. (My guess is dutch :P)

Just caught this
B wrote:I can't defend myself further without claiming, so please, either don't vote to lynch me or if I have 3 votes against me, let me post before the final vote.
For B 3 votes on him seem to equal a lynch, he assumes the fourth is inevitable. Right now I'm leaning towards that being more of a scum-tell than anything, but I can't explain why. (not for game reasons, I just can't wrap my mind around the feeling to make it thought-expressible).
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:36 pm

Post by bird1111 »

I'm highly tempted to deadline you all, does anyone need prodding
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:16 pm

Post by SlySly »

mod: wb, how did Montego treat you? Please allow us a little time to get back to pace as this is most likely a holiday hangover lull.

Thank you, it went well.

I'll give you a few more days to pick up activity, but that's it.
Apyadg
Apyadg
Goon
Apyadg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:25 pm

Post by Apyadg »

Battusuai: I think my position is pretty clear above. Obvious scum choice at the moment.

Tlp: Still at base-level scumminess for me, little to move him above or below it. If you're town thogh, Tlp, you need to start being more helpful. An attack on you doesn't make the other person mafia, try to find the scum, not just win the argument.
4 days since posting, prod please.

Apyadg: Pretty sure I'm innocent.

Soupfly; 9 days without posting, useful scum-hunter before that. Probably town, I think, but
we need a prod
, his computer might have died completely, but we can't play with 6.

Slysly; Scarce posting, but I think he's town too. He gets bonus marks from me for trying to get the mod to not set a deadline.

Superfly; No posts in 8 days,
prod please.

Tamuz; Not only scumhunting, but encouraging Battusai to defend himself. Either a townie or a scum just realising how much trouble his partner is in. I lean towards the former.

Quite hard to get any reads with the game being this stagnant.

Prodded the three.
Tlp
Tlp
Townie
Tlp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:23 am

Post by Tlp »

Tamuz its indeed dutch! Nice that you can see this!

Apy. Indeed its not a valid excuse for me that i'm a newbie.

I do also feel that Battou just waits the vote count and hopes he's not lynched and if he is.. bad luck?

Superfly? haven't heared alot from him which could mean that he just waits and see us fighting and lynching eachother. Perhaps I'm just totally wrong but its just the feeling I have with him.

I do think that the ppl who are scum won't really go up in much of a debate. Sure they might take some ppl in question and they won't start it from scratch because it might be suspicious. Not saying Superfly is scum now or anyone who doesn't reply in a certain time.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”