Newbie 531: (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Tlp
Tlp
Townie
Tlp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:06 pm

Post by Tlp »

unvote : Slysly

Tbh , i've only played this game a few times on another site.
I'm just checking some reactions. You do get a feeling when someone thinks he's in danger suddenly.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:22 pm

Post by Battousai »

Tamuz wrote:If Battousi is town this has in general been bad play by him, even if it was just an offhand comment.
Strong connection to Apy..
Battousi wrote:Apyadog, I'm leaning towards townie on that one.
And all Apy had done before that point is a 1 liner requesting me to give a lil citation.
I said I was leaning towards him being townie, because he could easily have started a bandwagon or voted for me right there if he was scum, but instead, decided to get more information from you to substantiate your proof before voting. I don't think a mafia person would have done that.
Tamuz wrote:Then he goes out and calls the unposted lurkers less than a day after opening. Fishy
I didn't really mean them as lurkers, but as quite, which is essentially not posting yet. Didn't mean it to sound like that.

Tamuz wrote:Battousi can I get a link to your other site so I can meta you? :D
If you want, but that site wasn't a mafia site. Mafia is a game in their spam forum for another game. The only records they have is a win/loss record (which doesn't have a lot of the older games) and a current game and a few past games.

also, Tlp, that is a good strategy, but that usually works best after day 1, since many people will be defensive. Not many people like to be lynched on the first day.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:28 am

Post by bird1111 »

Vote Count:
Not voting (7): Battousai, Superfly, SlySly, Tlp, Apyadg, soupfly, Tamuz

With 7 alive it is 4 votes to lynch.

Tamuz's vote did not count due to being before the game started.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:59 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Well I can't let a clean voting slate happen.

Vote:Tlp
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:01 pm

Post by soupfly »

my home cpu died monday night so i can only access nets at office which is hard since i'm in 7 games. i'll do my best to catch up.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:09 am

Post by Battousai »

Tlp does seem the most suspicious to me.

@bird- who are roles assigned, randomly?
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:43 am

Post by bird1111 »

I assigned the roles randomly, everyone had an equal chance of getting each role, and if the result was two or no scum IC's or both IC's getting the cop/doc roles I did not reroll.

Note that I am not confirming or denying that any of these results happened.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:31 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Well do something about it Battousai.

I am.

And Soup, understood. I'd still like substance from you when you get back. Everyone else... post? Content?
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Tlp
Tlp
Townie
Tlp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:15 pm

Post by Tlp »

Aye don't think we even heared everyone?
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:30 pm

Post by SlySly »

Battousai wrote: Tlp does seem the most suspicious to me.
How has Tlp been suspicious?

Tamuz, is there reason behind your vote on Tlp?
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:59 pm

Post by Tamuz »

God, do I have to do EVERYTHING.
Other than Battousi I don't feel anyone here has made the effort to say anything worth scum hunting. Y'all are just sitting back.

TLP do you CARE if we have "heared" everyone. I don't think you should. I think you should take what we HAVE and go from there, and if there is someone you haven't heard from then point that out and pressure them.

I voted Tlp because all of his posts are so minimalist, theres nothing really to attack, but there is nothing to read and assume that he is innocent from.

lets PVPA him.

0: Confirmation--whatev.
1: Joke + random vote
SlySly
Nothing post, note relation
2: Corrects SlySly vote + jest
3:
unvotes SlySly

Explains he is inexperienced
Implies his ONE RANDOM VOTE WITH NO CONTENT was on Sly to pressure him and force REACTIONS FROM SLY WHEN SLY FEELS HE IS IN DANGER. Bollocks to that. Sly felt no danger and there was no reaction. He implies one thing and in effect lies about it because its completely insubstantial.
4: Buddies up to me echoing that people need to post.

He has said all but nothing this game, posting just enough to be deemed active. He has not done anything a townie would do from my experience. That is, use his two inherent weapons to hunt scum. Unless I get contribution from Tlp I don't think I'll unvote him, and I don't mean bolshy quasi-contributions that really say nothing or just echo other's sentiments.
Individual though put down in posts please.

Then again I could be asking the majority of this game for that.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:44 pm

Post by Battousai »

Whoever the cop is, with your night action look at tlp or tamuz, results of the lynch depending.

@bird- one more question I just thought of. With the roleblocker, how are you deflecting it? making them appear townie or will the investigation result without results?

Not sure what you are asking, could you rephrase?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:45 pm

Post by Battousai »

Tamuz wrote:Well do something about it Battousai.

I am.
Well, I like the days to last longer, for that is the best way for the town to win. More information is gathered and compared to later days.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:00 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Directing the cop. Scummy.

Bird may say different, but its most likely there will be no results. Investigation immune would be beyond unfair in a max 3 lynch game.

I enjoy medium-long days too, but people need to act, talk and vote for the length to be worth it or there will be no information revealed that we can reflect upon in days 2 and 3.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:59 pm

Post by SlySly »

Tamuz, in post 16, wrote:I read Battousi's words, decided that they were more indicative than scum than anything else and promptly voted them.

To me it is more indicative of him being scum than anything else.
Battousi wrote:confirmed, also dissappointed with my role. I hate this role whenever I get it.

Since we are in a confirmed open set-up our role list is the following
1 Mafia Goon
1 Mafia Roleblocker
1 Cop
1 Doctor
3 Townies
I strike out the townies as possibilities due to the above meta.
Thinking about Battousai's words, "dissappointed with my role. I hate this role whenever I get it, " I immediatly struck the vanilla townies from contention too. My reasoning for striking the vanillas out was more for the reason that being a vanilla townie, to me, is really like not having a role. It's just vanilla.

IMO, Battousai revealed that he had a non-vanilla role in the confirmation stage.

I think if he is the cop or the doc he would have been much more protective of the fact that he has a role and wouldn't have made the careless mistake of revealing that he does have one.

I think that being the Mafia Goon would be the scum equivalent of vanilla and wouldn't be worth pointing out.

Here Battousi scummily tries to expose the cop and then mod fishes for info about his role.
Battousi wrote: Whoever the cop is, with your night action look at tlp or tamuz, results of the lynch depending.

@bird- one more question I just thought of. With the roleblocker, how are you deflecting it? making them appear townie or will the investigation result without results?
IMO, Battousai has revealed that he is the Mafia Roleblocker making himself the lynch of the day.

vote:Battousai
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:21 pm

Post by soupfly »

Tamuz wrote:And Soup, understood. I'd still like substance from you when you get back.
well i'm not exactly gone because i can still post at work. trouble is trying to find time to readthrough the 7 games i'm in. hopefully i get new cpu tonight so this weekend i'll be more active.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:08 pm

Post by soupfly »

okay, i think battousai outed himself already.
Battousai wrote:Tlp, I don't like random voting, as it can get rid of a townie early in the game, and since there are so few players this game, I would say random voting should be out entirely.
random voting is not dangerous. taking people to L-1 too early is. if somebody wants to quick wagon a townie on day one then no problem because we'll know who to lynch on day 2.

suspicion: making such an overtly cautious comment is not in line with your very careless comment about your vanilla townie role -->more on this below.
Battousai wrote:On to slysly, and tamuz. Maybe I shouldn't of said that, but I personally do hate this role. I prefer to be mafia. Honestly, I like to be in a team and discuss who to vote out and then lie and cover our tracks during the day. I hate being a vanilla townie, since the only thing I can do is sleuth, which everyone does but for different reasons.
claiming vanilla townie is worthless. my gut says that its scummy more than anything else because there's no reason for it at this point of the game. if you are indeed a vanilla townie then you're making it easier for scum to NK the power roles. if you're a townie power role then you're not likely to pull such a gambit because it would attract undue attention to you and possibly result in a day lynch. so chances are that its a scummy move.

not sure what the vote count is at the moment so i'll just give you a
HoS: Battousai
but you sure do look like scum at the moment.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:09 am

Post by Battousai »

Battousai wrote:Whoever the cop is, with your night action look at tlp or tamuz, results of the lynch depending.

Not sure what you are asking, could you rephrase?
I meant, when the roleblocker sends in their night action to block the cop. What information will the cop get if he picks the who the roleblocker is protecting. In some games the cop gets no results and their night action results are 50/50 and in other games the cop's result is townie.

back to discussion- I like being scum, and I hate being on the town's side. I posted that I was vanilla townie, but that may be a lie or it may be the truth. All I can tell you is that I'm pro-town.
slysly wrote:Here Battousi scummily tries to expose the cop and then mod fishes for info about his role.
That is a stupid move for me to do, if I were scum. I would ask bird privately or my rb partner if I was the goon the question in a pm and not out here so everyone else can see it and use the information. I obviously can't prove that I am pro-town, but I can at least point you towards tamuz if I get lynched.

FOS=tamuz
. He's trying to end the day early and proceed with his night action.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:50 am

Post by Tamuz »

He is asking if the Roleblocker is a roleblocker or result corrupter.

Battousi admits he may be lying as a townie, that tickles my LAL fancy.

Stop saying you would do X as scum, in contrast to Y, what you did. Thats WIFOM at its best. You do seem to imply you'd day-talk with your mafia partner.

/me yawns

I guess Battousi's found out I have a night action now. Cool. You have more information than I do. For all ya know I'm playing blind. For all I know I'm playing blind.

Battousi, I already had an opinion about YOU by your confirmation post. Did you see me latch onto you? Stay attacking you? No! I went casting, looking for other people's reaction because I want to know more about people before I lynch, hence my pushing on Soup and Tlp amongst others.

You are flailing and OMGUSing now. So, the rest of the 'town' lets please talk then we can get about finishing a case on Battousi then deciding if its strong enough.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:23 am

Post by Battousai »

I meant I guessed you had a night action, wasn't clear enough I guess.

Yes, I WOULD day talk with my mafia partner, I don't see why that was important enough for you to reiterate in your post.

I hate being new to a community, especially one so big. Its harder to tell people's quirks and post patterns. We are only on page 2 and you were pushing for a lynch at the top or at least telling me to vote tlp. Whenever I play, day 1 lynch usually don't happen till page 7 if its active and a game like this page 4.
Tlp
Tlp
Townie
Tlp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:34 am

Post by Tlp »

Right

To be very honest, im very unexperienced in this game.
Didn't really expect you were gonna sift out all the things i say.
yes i did a mistake by voting too soon without knowing anything about him.

Sure you can vote me and see what happens and then directly see wether or not battousai is suspicious or not.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:58 am

Post by bird1111 »

Buttousai, if the Mafia Roleblocker targets the cop, the cop is told they failed to investigate.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:27 pm

Post by SlySly »

Tlp wrote: To be very honest, im very unexperienced in this game.
Didn't really expect you were gonna sift out all the things i say.
Usually everything you say gets sifted out in this game.
Tlp wrote: Sure you can vote me and see what happens and then directly see wether or not battousai is suspicious or not.
Unless I am interpretting your words here incorrectly, this is an Appeal to Emotion. Are you feeling more pressure than I observe being applied to you?
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:54 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Battousi, unless otherwise stated day talk is restricted on this site.
The Roles wrote:You are the Mafia Goon, your partner is (XXX),
each night you may disscuss the game with your partner
, and also send me the name of a player. That player will die. You may disscuss during the confirmation stage. You win when the number of mafia is the same as the number of pro-town people.
I don't think I've ever found a game on this site where mafia can day talk.

Sorry for being aggressive, but you can certainly read up on me game wise and see how it relates to me, even if you don't really know me. Regardless I hate stagnant games, and I'm ueber active right now, being back on vacation and I have
almost nothing
to do but play guitar and mafia during the days. (I just want the day to be as long as it needs to be, but not overly long)

What of my posts specifically made you think I have a night power?

Tlp: Damn straight I'mma look at everything y'all say. Not just you in particular, but everyone.
I don't feel you made a mistake by voting him. I think you made a mistake saying that you voted him to put pressure on him when really you put no pressure at all. I want you to comment on people here, all or a majority, and tell me what you feel of everyone and how they rank scumminesswise. Do do in your style, I don't want to force mine on you, but I would like you to comment on everyone in the game if you would.

Sly: If it really is an appeal to emotion I think its a pretty weak one personally.Its a pretty inconsistent statement, a juxtaposition of concern above and then laxadasicism below.
But... uhhh I'm not sure what the statement implies. You van vote me & see what happens and then see whether Battousai is suspicious?

So vote (and presumably lynch) Tlp
And then see if Battousai is suspicious from that?
Or am I reading too much.

Apy and Super, thoughts? I'd hate to stifle anyone?
Superfly
Superfly
Goon
Superfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:56 am

Post by Superfly »

So vote (and presumably lynch) Tlp
And then see if Battousai is suspicious from that?
This is not a good idea, tlp has hardly had a chance to defend himself. We have nothing on him to prove if he is a town or mafia. His attack on SlySly was indeed pointless and badly thought out, but I am willing to believe it was a newbie mistake, at least for now. Also, townies attack townies who they think they are scum frequently. If tlp flipped vanilla, then Battousai would not necessarily be scum

Still, tlp, claiming newbie will not free you from your responsibility. You still have to post coherently and sort-of-logically, no matter what side you are. Posting like this will get you lynched and that is not good whichever side you are. You can't have other people make the arguments for you.
Sure you can vote me and see what happens and then directly see wether or not battousai is suspicious or not.
At least try to defend yourself, really. If you are town, then getting yourself (bad, good or whatever, doesn't matter) lynched like this is a ton worse than knowing if some guy is "suspicious".

I hope your next post will be better.

Now, on to Battousai.

First of all for a while he focused on tlp. Now, to me, tlp seems like an easy, even obvious target. His argument against him is technically true, however he exaggerated it. Just because tlp did a random vote, which nobody even went along with, he is "most likely scum". Admittedly, bat never voted for tlp, but that does not make it unscummy - starting a bandwagon that early wouldn't have worked anyway. Then again, why wouldn't he vote for tlp if he was "most likely scum".
SlySly wrote:
Battousai wrote:
Tlp does seem the most suspicious to me.
How has Tlp been suspicious?
Bat just ignores(or "failed to notice") this. Tamuz did sum up the case against tlp well in his next post, but bat could have answered at least.
Now I do not understand why a vanilla would ask this. The investigation results could only be known to the cop though it could also be deduced by the mafia. A cop would not likely reveal his investigation results in the thread on day 2, unless we lynch a scum today and he finds the other one on night 1. This means bat most likely lied to us earlier about being a vanilla.
Whoever the cop is, with your night action look at tlp or tamuz, results of the lynch depending
So you assume a cop is simply going to claim in this thread to tell you his choice? He would be roleblocked from there on. This seems like baiting to me.
We are only on page 2 and you were pushing for a lynch at the top or at least telling me to vote tlp. Whenever I play, day 1 lynch usually don't happen till page 7 if its active and a game like this page 4.
Games are different, people act different and make less/more mistakes. I am not saying that quicklynch is a good idea, just that stretching out the lynch is just as bad.

Bat also makes a lot of assumptions and often does not back them up. He assumes tamuz has a night action and does not explain it, he assumes the affiliations of 2/3 of the players on page 1 and explains some of them later on.

Finally, in his first non-confirmation post he claimed that he was a vanilla townie, by now he has backed out on it and says "he may or may not be" a vanilla townie. As I said earlier I in fact doubt he is a vanilla townie. This looks like a scum move to me, "fixing" your claim when it is not realistic any more.

So, in summary, he goes for the easy target, baits the cop, lies and has inconsistent argumentation, so...

Vote:Battousai

However, I will unvote if someone puts him to lynch-1 before he can answer.

PS: This post is really long, damnit.
PSS: I will have an avatar when I find a decent one.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”