theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:45 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

People are far more careful as scum in my personal opinion, checking posts for inaccuracies, slips, tone etc.

Maybe you could educate me as to why you think it's a null-tell, because I disagree.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:01 am

Post by Aimee »

Limited access.

Still happy with my Kilroy vote - mainly since I see no reason for a pro-town player to like he did on Day 1.

I will be re-reading BM, taut and TSS before the end of the weekend, hopefully.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:08 am

Post by ibaesha »

theopor_COD wrote:People are far more careful as scum in my personal opinion, checking posts for inaccuracies, slips, tone etc.

Maybe you could educate me as to why you think it's a null-tell, because I disagree.
See my title. I do this as town and always have, consistently. The only time I don't re-read and check my posts for problems is when I'm pissed off and in a back and forth vicious argument. I know others who do this consistently as town too, namely PJ. Perhaps you may consider us exceptions to the rule, but those exceptions are what makes it null.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:49 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

Page 42 Vote Count:

Kilroy8675309: 11 (KaleiÐoscøpe, Fritzler, YagamiLight, MissMoo, Kinetic, Mariyta, soupfly, theopor_COD, Aimee, the silent speaker, Jex)
Battle Mage: 2 (Blight, JDodge)
tautology: 2 (MastermindofSin, ibaesha)
Kinetic: 2 (tautology, Battle Mage)
the silent speaker: 2 (IH, Tarhalindur)
Andycyca: 1 (Faeren Lord of Carlisle)
KaleiÐoscøpe: 1 (Kilroy8675309)
IH: 1 (Carrotcake)
Mariyta: 1 (Flameaxe)
Not Voting: 3 (Max, TheStranger, Andycyca)

14 for a Lynch

Items on the ground:

Nothing

Mod Note: If i have to remind you of the deadline, then your morons.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:59 am

Post by Mariyta »

Moron is the bestest word ever!
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:06 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

MissMoo wrote: MOS, you keep going off onto these tangets that are very distracting, and while I understand your intentions, I'm happy with my vote and promise to look more closely at Tautology tomorrow.
Granted, Kilroy's been my only vote, but each time we get close to deadline or a bandwagon gets started, there's some new distraction, and I'm starting to feel like you're at the center of it. When I have time to do a re-read, I'll try to verify this cause right now it's just a feeling.
No, fuck that. I'm not going off onto tangents. What fucking tangents have I been on? I went after Kscope before there was even a wagon on Kilroy, that's not a tangent, it was the main bandwagon in the game. I went after Tautology because there is a goddamned good reason to think he is scum, and everyone's like "oh, we can look at him tomorrow!" while he lurks through the rest of the day without having to worry about being lynched, because all his scumbuddies are pushing the Kilroy wagon enough that he's safe. It is
NOT
in the town's best interest to lynch Kilroy right now, and I'm sticking by that. I cannot believe that you people are willing to just sit on that goddamned scumwagon and condemn him to death while there are people that have practically claimed scum and are getting away with it!

Fucking hell...
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:16 am

I will not be able to post content until tonight or next monday. I have an Ultimate tournament this weekend.
Permanent V/LA.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:41 am

Post by theopor_COD »

ibaesha wrote:
theopor_COD wrote:People are far more careful as scum in my personal opinion, checking posts for inaccuracies, slips, tone etc.

See my title. I do this as town and always have, consistently. The only time I don't re-read and check my posts for problems is when I'm pissed off and in a back and forth vicious argument. I know others who do this consistently as town too, namely PJ. Perhaps you may consider us exceptions to the rule, but those exceptions are what makes it null.
Hmm perhaps I should take some more care.
TheStranger
TheStranger
Goon
TheStranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:42 am

Post by TheStranger »

okay, 10 pages in to my read. So far.....
soupfly wrote:page five and the game hasn't even started yet. pity the fool who replaces into this game and has to wade through pages of BM taunting to get a glimpse of some content.
quite visionary.
He stated that I had no place in a society whose most fundamental rules I ignored and that I could not appeal to the same human heart whose elementary response I knew nothing of
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:07 am

TheStranger, can you give us a summary of your views after about 20-30 pages? I want to see how you view the game before being tainted by the bullshit that we're dealing with right now.
Permanent V/LA.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:16 am

Post by Mariyta »

MOS, I think a lot of the bullshit has been caused, in part, by you (which I know was not your intention). A lot of people blindly followed you and BM on the claim, probably because most people trust your judgment, and now we're 40 pages into day one and still do not have a lynch.

Also, getting mad at people because they refuse to blindly trust you again only makes you look foolish. Just because you no longer see a case on Kilroy, it doesn't mean the rest of us don't. I personally refuse to let a person slip by simply because you feel someone else is a stronger case. We've all seen Kilroy's actions, and they are undoubtedly scummy. I'm not going to ignore that.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
MissMoo
MissMoo
Goon
MissMoo
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:14 pm

Post by MissMoo »

MOS wrote:No, fuck that. I'm not going off onto tangents. What fucking tangents have I been on? I went after Kscope before there was even a wagon on Kilroy, that's not a tangent, it was the main bandwagon in the game. I went after Tautology because there is a goddamned good reason to think he is scum, and everyone's like "oh, we can look at him tomorrow!" while he lurks through the rest of the day without having to worry about being lynched, because all his scumbuddies are pushing the Kilroy wagon enough that he's safe. It is
NOT
in the town's best interest to lynch Kilroy right now, and I'm sticking by that. I cannot believe that you people are willing to just sit on that goddamned scumwagon and condemn him to death while there are people that have practically claimed scum and are getting away with it!

Fucking hell...
Chil, hun. I can make margaritas if that will help? I'm willing to listen, but we need you to take it down a few notches, k? Personal attacks, cursing, shouting and arguing the way you are isn't going to get anyone to listen to you. In fact, the more you insist that you are right, without providing "evidence", I tune you out even more. Your HWFO (Hand Waving Freak Outery) is doing you and your case no good.

Kilroy was caught in his lies and his failure to explain things raises my haunches even more than his refusal to fully claim after supporting the initial claim...add to that his mysterious disappearance and I'm failing to understand why you think he's not a good lynch for today.
Explain please?
Lynch scum today, lynch scum tomorrow, lynch scum the next day...we can't get rid of them all in one day and right now Kilroy is the one I'm feeling and he happens to have the most momentum. You're going to have to post something more compelling than someone with the same post-count category as me is asking a lot of questions about game setup...because I'm willing to be forgiving of that...shoot I'm confused half the time.

PS. Yay a post that didn't take me 24 hours (yes, an exaggeration) to compose! Maybe I should drunk post more often!
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:19 pm

Mariyta wrote:MOS, I think a lot of the bullshit has been caused, in part, by you (which I know was not your intention). A lot of people blindly followed you and BM on the claim, probably because most people trust your judgment, and now we're 40 pages into day one and still do not have a lynch.

Also, getting mad at people because they refuse to blindly trust you again only makes you look foolish. Just because you no longer see a case on Kilroy, it doesn't mean the rest of us don't. I personally refuse to let a person slip by simply because you feel someone else is a stronger case. We've all seen Kilroy's actions, and they are undoubtedly scummy. I'm not going to ignore that.
WTF? I'm not asking anyone to blindly follow you. The case against Tautology is right fucking there, and it's a hell of a lot stronger than this bullshit case against Kilroy.
MissMoo wrote: Chil, hun. I can make margaritas if that will help? I'm willing to listen, but we need you to take it down a few notches, k? Personal attacks, cursing, shouting and arguing the way you are isn't going to get anyone to listen to you. In fact, the more you insist that you are right, without providing "evidence", I tune you out even more. Your HWFO (Hand Waving Freak Outery) is doing you and your case no good.
THE EVIDENCE HAS ALREADY BEEN PROVIDED. THAT IS WHY I AM PISSED OFF. THE EVIDENCE IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU AND PEOPLE ARE IGNORING IT TO PUSH A BULLSHIT KILROY CASE.
Kilroy was caught in his lies and his failure to explain things raises my haunches even more than his refusal to fully claim after supporting the initial claim...add to that his mysterious disappearance and I'm failing to understand why you think he's not a good lynch for today.
Explain please?
Kilroy acts like this as town. I have seen him purposefully fuck around with a claim before, and he was town then as well. This is
normal
for protown Kilroy.
Lynch scum today, lynch scum tomorrow, lynch scum the next day...we can't get rid of them all in one day and right now Kilroy is the one I'm feeling and he happens to have the most momentum. You're going to have to post something more compelling than someone with the same post-count category as me is asking a lot of questions about game setup...because I'm willing to be forgiving of that...shoot I'm confused half the time.
Kilroy has the most momentum because the scum have duped a lot of people into going after him, and everyone else is too lazy to look at anyone else. Tautology has lurked a lot worse than Kilroy is now, and he's trying to play the "safe" contribution game, without actually giving us any content that means anything.
PS. Yay a post that didn't take me 24 hours (yes, an exaggeration) to compose! Maybe I should drunk post more often!
I should drunk post, too.
Permanent V/LA.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:38 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

unvote, vote Tautology

Yeah MoS scares me.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:31 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Much as i agree with MoS here that Kilroy is far from a satisfactory lynch today, i resent the fact that Theo (and probably others) listen to him rather than me, simply because he uses an excess of profanity. :(

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
MissMoo wrote: MOS, you keep going off onto these tangets that are very distracting, and while I understand your intentions, I'm happy with my vote and promise to look more closely at Tautology tomorrow.
Granted, Kilroy's been my only vote, but each time we get close to deadline or a bandwagon gets started, there's some new distraction, and I'm starting to feel like you're at the center of it. When I have time to do a re-read, I'll try to verify this cause right now it's just a feeling.
No, fuck that. I'm not going off onto tangents. What fucking tangents have I been on? I went after Kscope before there was even a wagon on Kilroy, that's not a tangent, it was the main bandwagon in the game. I went after Tautology because there is a goddamned good reason to think he is scum, and everyone's like "oh, we can look at him tomorrow!" while he lurks through the rest of the day without having to worry about being lynched, because all his scumbuddies are pushing the Kilroy wagon enough that he's safe. It is
NOT

Fucking hell...
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:39 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Go read my original thoughts on Taut on BM.

This is not a brand new suspicion.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:19 am

Post by Mariyta »

And what lesson did we learn today children?

If we pitch a fit and act like a complete ass, people will give in and do what we want!! Yay!!
-Susan Ertz

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:30 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Mariyta wrote:And what lesson did we learn today children?

If we pitch a fit and act like a complete ass, people will give in and do what we want!! Yay!!
Some would say that MoS's brief spell of out of order behaviour is preferable to constant out of order behaviour throughout the entire game.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:03 am

Post by Kinetic »

Battle Mage wrote:

Some would say that MoS's brief spell of out of order behaviour is preferable to constant out of order behaviour throughout the entire game.
And some say you make logical arguments. Obviously this "some" is often wrong.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:17 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Kinetic wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:

why do you insist on breadcrumbing an 'idiocy' PR?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:56 am

Post by Kinetic »

Battle Mage wrote:
Kinetic wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:

That's right BM. When you can't attack the argument you attack the person. Bravo!
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:51 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Okay, I double-checked MOS's posts to see what the fuss about tautology was about and how his opinions on Kilroy shifted over time. Turns out he was just fine with lynching Kilroy until he started agitating to delay it in favor of a lurker lynch, and when he was done pushing for the claim failures he was suddenly certain that Kilroy was town. He first came out against tautology one week ago, and his only stated reason was that taut seemed to be lurking intentionally. This is, in fact, a legitimate reason to suspect taut, but his statements about how taut has "practically claimed scum" grossly overstate the case.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:56 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Kinetic wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Kinetic wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:

That's right BM. When you can't attack the argument you attack the person. Bravo!
My motto is "when you can't beat em, join em". So for the rest of the game, i'm going to play down at your level. :D
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:47 am

Post by Kinetic »

Battle Mage wrote:
Kinetic wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Kinetic wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:

My motto is "when you can't beat em, join em". So for the rest of the game, i'm going to play down at your level. :D
/ignore
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:00 pm

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

We need a BM lynch, badly.