Mini 495 - Mafia on a Plane! GAME OVER! =)

Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:15 pm

Post by Oman »

Elais, highlight my post. You'll see there is some size 1 white text at the end that clearly states I was only looking for scum to jump on. Yes, i was taking the oppertunity, but not to lynch orginiality, but to see if I could catch the scum.

I unvoted when that didn't happen.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by Streeflo »

Top of Page Votecount!

originality (2) - Carrotcake, spurgistan
Oman (1) - Elias_the_thief
CarrotCake (1) - shaft.ed
VampanezeHunter (1) - Dr. Blackstrike
spurgistan (1) - thesleepless

Not voting: Everyone else

With
alive it takes
to lynch!
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by Elias_the_thief »

thats ridiculous...
whatever. I still dont like your post, since you said it was almost worth a -2 vote, then voted (a vote you show you believed to be -2)
I play the games rul gud.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:31 pm

Post by Oman »

You're reaching.
AlyG
AlyG
Goon
AlyG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:37 pm

Post by AlyG »

originality wrote:Guys, youve got me completely missunderstood. First of all, it is my opinion that we have a big chance of
not
getting scum on the first day, because we really have almost nothing to go on.

That being said, i, as most of the people in the first page, picked a reason that appealed to me best and just voted on the lurker. Im not being agressive in that i want everyone to vote for them, and i did not take my vote away because there was really no reason to. But, obviously, as lucienne just posted, i will
unvote lucienne

And those of you accusing me to be scum. i did not bandwaggon anything. it was a well-reasoned vote. and i did not contradict myself, i understood my accuser's point that it was too early and agreed. but i hadnt any better voting to do, so i kept on lucienne.

anywho, im town. so stop voting for me, thanks.
(1)As i've already said, it's obvious we don't have much of a chance of lynching scum on day 1. But the problem to me is that you don't seem to want discussion. You want to quick-lynch someone who we have no reading on. With no discussion we can't get a reading on any players and if we lynch a townie it puts us at a big disadvantage because we have no readings on anyone and our townies numbers are dropping.

(2) What i don't get is how Luciene was lurking? We were and hour and a half into the game that can last months and she hadn't even confirmed her PM yet! How can she be lurking if she wasn't even playing? That's just stupid! At least you finally realised to unvote her.

(3) It wasn't a well-reasoned vote! I'm also not sure whether to believe you about understanding carrotcake's point. As i've already said, it seems to me that maybe you realised you were in trouble and you agreed with him to get on the town's good side.

(4) Why would you write 'i'm town, so stop voting for me'? How could anyone believe you? It's not a very good thing to say because there is no proof. So it's pointless.

Ok, i think that your actions are either a newbie tell or you're a scum trying to keep discussion a minimum so people can't get a good reading on you. I'm still not going to vote for you but now i'm even closer to a vote.
Show
[b]Games finished: 1
Won as scum: 1
Won as town: 0
Lost as Town: 0
Lost as scum: 0[/b]
AlyG
AlyG
Goon
AlyG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:50 pm

Post by AlyG »

And about Oman's vote i'm not really that suspicious of your actions but maybe you shouldn't be so eager to put votes on people. He was already on 3 votes and getting to 4 on the 2nd page is going a bit to far. However, since i'm only new i'm not really sure what you mean by how your vote wasn't about lynching originality, but to see if you could catch scum. Care to explain?
Show
Dr. Blackstrike
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:27 pm

Post by Dr. Blackstrike »

Elias_the_thief wrote:...
thats ridiculous...
whatever. I still dont like your post, since you said it was almost worth a -2 vote, then voted (a vote you show you believed to be -2)
QFT.

unvote, vote Oman

He seems a bit trigger-happy. Or vote happy.[/b]
I have plenty of common sense. I just choose to ignore it.

[size=75] Last edited by Dr. Blackstrike on Sat Sep 05, 2007 8:38 am; edited 1 times in total [/size]
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:09 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Oman wrote:Elais, highlight my post. You'll see there is some
size 1 white text at the end that clearly states I was only looking for scum to jump on.
Yes, i was taking the oppertunity, but not to lynch orginiality, but to see if I could catch the scum.

I unvoted when that didn't happen.
O that's right a scum would never try to provide evidence to protect themselves. Only a townie would do that.

@originality, have you played this game online before, and how long did games typically last at that site if you have?
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:49 am

Oman wrote:You're reaching.
Excuse me? It's page 3. That wierd comment combined with your post is the best we have right now.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:52 am

and by "your post" I meant the white text portion.
spurgistan
spurgistan
Goon
spurgistan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:13 am

Post by spurgistan »

So oman seems to have replaced originality as the trendy scum choice. Not quite sure what I think of expecting us to read white size 1 print, Oman. Not the best way to look like your being honest with us. Starting to think originality may have just made a newb move, wondering about the people who jumped on the wagon at first. Hmm. This could be a fun game.
originality
originality
Goon
originality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:30 am

Post by originality »

AlyG wrote:(1)As i've already said, it's obvious we don't have much of a chance of lynching scum on day 1. But the problem to me is that you don't seem to want discussion. You want to quick-lynch someone who we have no reading on. With no discussion we can't get a reading on any players and if we lynch a townie it puts us at a big disadvantage because we have no readings on anyone and our townies numbers are dropping.

what the hell are you talking about? it was my first vote, hence i was only like 60% serious. is this what this is all about? i was never pushing for any sort of quicklynch, i just voted and gave my reason.

I am going to have to disagree there though. If we happen to lynch a townie, besides the obvious fact that it will narrow down the list of suspects, it lets us know the stance of each lyncher, therefore having a bigger idea of who is scum(and also based on who the mafia nightkilled).
AlyG wrote:(2) What i don't get is how Luciene was lurking? We were and hour and a half into the game that can last months and she hadn't even confirmed her PM yet! How can she be lurking if she wasn't even playing? That's just stupid! At least you finally realised to unvote her.
listen, its not complicated. i wanted to place a vote, picked the best idea out of my head at the time, and voted. since i was the third poster, i obviously wasnt being serious. I
never
agressively pushed for anyone to get lynched. i didnt "finally realize to unvote her", i unvoted because she became active, duh.

AlyG wrote:(3) It wasn't a well-reasoned vote! I'm also not sure whether to believe you about understanding carrotcake's point. As i've already said, it seems to me that maybe you realised you were in trouble and you agreed with him to get on the town's good side.
well, it wasnt an unreasonable vote, being that i wasnt specifically attached to the idea. i was just voting dammit.

and i have already answered this: if i was taking back my whole idea just because of being afraid of being criticized, id have unvoted when i said i agreed with his point.

AlyG wrote:(4) Why would you write 'i'm town, so stop voting for me'? How could anyone believe you? It's not a very good thing to say because there is no proof. So it's pointless.
...that was a joke, buddy.

(not in that im not town, but in that i was saying something that obviously had no foundation)

shaft.ed wrote:@originality, have you played this game online before, and how long did games typically last at that site if you have?
irc, not much on forums.

and about Oman. i dont find him that much suspicious right now. maybe the most out of everyone else, but still. if hes telling the truth, i dont think his "scumtrap" was that clever of a move, but whatever.
originality
originality
Goon
originality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:34 am

Post by originality »

originality wrote: and about Oman. i dont find him that much suspicious right now. maybe the most out of everyone else, but still. if hes telling the truth, i dont think his "scumtrap" was that clever of a move, but whatever.

especially with him stating his reason right on his voting post, for all scum to see.
thesleepless
thesleepless
Townie
thesleepless
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:49 am

Post by thesleepless »

sorry, i'm going to be gone for a few days, grandfather just died and have to head interstate for a funeral. back on sunday.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:37 pm

Post by Oman »

Okay, so maybe it wasn't the best setup ever, but I at least put the text in to make sure you guys could check it if you were wondering why I was doing it.

Unfortunatly, it seems to have made me look dishonest (WTF?) I accept that it looks sneaky, but at least I gave you some point of reference. I didn't lie to you at all.

Blackstrike jumped on me for being "Vote happy" after voting only once.
Fos

Care to explain?
Yeah sure AlyG: I put on the vote because scum would probably see a giant wagon mounting and see the oppertunity to get on and put some votes down.

The whole idea was to see them vote and then unvote and catch them out. I checked the forum every 20 minutes, so a quicklynch wasn't a problem in my mind.

I think Elias is town going at the early move, and Blackstrike looks bad for jumping on like that.
AlyG
AlyG
Goon
AlyG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:04 pm

Post by AlyG »

AlyG wrote:(1)As i've already said, it's obvious we don't have much of a chance of lynching scum on day 1. But the problem to me is that you don't seem to want discussion. You want to quick-lynch someone who we have no reading on. With no discussion we can't get a reading on any players and if we lynch a townie it puts us at a big disadvantage because we have no readings on anyone and our townies numbers are dropping.
originality wrote:what the hell are you talking about? it was my first vote, hence i was only like 60% serious. is this what this is all about?
i was never pushing for any sort of quicklynch
, i just voted and gave my reason.
You weren't pushing for a lynch huh? Then how come in your first post you said 'lets just
lynch
the lurkers because they are either useless townies or mafia so it's a win-win' You were obviously pushing for a quick lynch on Lucienne because apparently she was lurking. I don't know how it was possible to lurk when at that time because she hadn't even confirmed her PM. That was just outrageous.
AlyG wrote:(2) What i don't get is how Luciene was lurking? We were and hour and a half into the game that can last months and she hadn't even confirmed her PM yet! How can she be lurking if she wasn't even playing? That's just stupid! At least you finally realised to unvote her.
originality wrote:listen, its not complicated. i wanted to place a vote, picked the best idea out of my head at the time, and voted. since i was the third poster, i obviously wasnt being serious. I
never
agressively pushed for anyone to get lynched. i didnt "finally realize to unvote her", i unvoted because she became active, duh.
You didn't push
agressively
for a quick-lynch. But you were still pushing for one. And now your saying you weren't being serious. All your change of thought is very annoying. Why not have said that earlier? And how was voting someone for lurking 3 posts into the thread a good idea in the first place? LOl. As i've already said it's not possible to be lurking if the thread is an hour and a half long.
AlyG wrote:(3) It wasn't a well-reasoned vote! I'm also not sure whether to believe you about understanding carrotcake's point. As i've already said, it seems to me that maybe you realised you were in trouble and you agreed with him to get on the town's good side.
originality wrote:well, it wasnt an unreasonable vote, being that i wasnt specifically attached to the idea. i was just voting dammit.

and i have already answered this: if i was taking back my whole idea just because of being afraid of being criticized, id have unvoted when i said i agreed with his point.
Well that's weird then. So you apparently agreed with him that voting for someone for lurking on day 1 is pointless, you should only be lynching lurkers on day 2 & 3. But you didn't unvote even though your vote was for lurking on day 1? That just shows that you agreed with him to get on the town's good side. You gained nothing from his post.
AlyG wrote:(4) Why would you write 'i'm town, so stop voting for me'? How could anyone believe you? It's not a very good thing to say because there is no proof. So it's pointless.
originality wrote:...that was a joke, buddy.

(not in that im not town, but in that i was saying something that obviously had no foundation)
If it had no foundation then why did you bother posting it? It just seems like a desperate attempt to stop people from voting you.

Your change of thought after every post is very annoying. It's either a newb-tell or a scum-tell. I'm not very impressed with your argument either. I think it's time to
Vote: originality
Show
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:25 pm

Post by Oman »

Originality has lied and contradicted himself a few times. AlyG's post contains most of them.

I'd put it down to a newbie floundering after finding himself under heat, but the eye is on.

And Shaft.ed, you're right, scum do try to give evidence, but mostly scum give evidence after they've been caught out, to explain themselves. I stated my intentions at the time of the vote.
Carrotcake
Carrotcake
Goon
Carrotcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:58 am

Post by Carrotcake »

I have to go away for a few days. I might still be able to post, but I cant guarantee that I can scan through posts like normal.
Lucienne
Lucienne
Townie
Lucienne
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:11 am

Post by Lucienne »

Whoopie, i cannot get my quotes to work. :cry:

First off, Oman is my top suspect because of his highly opportunistic vote, and his OMGUS attack on Shaf.ted.

vote: Oman

Also am pretty suspicious of Dr. Blackstrike, since the only things I have seen him do so far are vote or finger suspicion at originality and Oman, the two people who have been the biggest "suspicion getters" at this point.

FOS: Dr Blackstrike
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:20 am

Post by Oman »

and his OMGUS attack on Shaf.ted.

WTF? I didn't attack shaft.ed at all.

You're reaching here, I suggest that vote was just to get on the latest bandwagon.

You and Blackstrike look like a pair, especially after you voted me and FoSed him, even though your reasons for me were rediculous.
Lucienne
Lucienne
Townie
Lucienne
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:49 am

Post by Lucienne »

Gah! spurgistan, shaf.ted. oops.

Nonetheless, I still think you are the scumiest. THe way you put originality at minus 2 on page 2 was suspect, and your recent claims that I am in cahoots with Dr B are fairly ludicrous and without any real evidence is suspect.
Oman wrote:You're reaching here, I suggest that vote was just to get on the latest bandwagon.
Uh, no. Nice try.

You can quite clearly see my post 33, where I am the first person to notice and call suspicion on your vote. So no, joining the bandwagon is quite a fruitless accusation against me.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:54 am

Post by Oman »

But you didn't vote me, perhaps waiting to see if the town approves of your new stance?

Regardless, I can accept that you and the good doctor are not conclusive, but this early on, I'll look for anything.
Dr. Blackstrike
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:56 am

Also am pretty suspicious of Dr. Blackstrike, since the only things I have seen him do so far are vote or finger suspicion at originality and Oman, the two people who have been the biggest "suspicion getters" at this point.

Sorry, I'll try to post more/better from now on.

[size=75] Last edited by Dr. Blackstrike on Sat Sep 05, 2007 8:38 am; edited 1 times in total [/size]
Dr. Blackstrike
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:59 am

You and Blackstrike look like a pair, especially after you voted me and FoSed him, even though your reasons for me were rediculous.
Um, no scum here. Just a plain old townie.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if Lucienne was scum trying to frame me that way.

As far as originality goes, I'm thinking he's just confused. (I haven't seen him before...)

shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Oman wrote: And Shaft.ed, you're right, scum do try to give evidence, but mostly scum give evidence after they've been caught out, to explain themselves. I stated my intentions at the time of the vote.
Yeah I know that, I'm basically just saying that putting little tiny white text saying this is a trap could be done by either side as it is premeditated. In my mind it has no bearing on the action itself. If I really wanted to get WIFOMy, I could reason that it was a scum signal for your "partners" not to bandwagon the vote to. But either way, I don't think the white text matters one way or another.

lucienne wrote:First off, Oman is my top suspect because of his highly opportunistic vote, and his OMGUS attack on Shaf.ted.
This is a very big stretch. I've not noticed a single OMGUS attack. He just pointed out his little white text and explained why he thought this exonerated him.
Lucienne wrote:THe way you put originality at minus 2 on page 2 was suspect
Also he put originality at -3 not -2 he was the fourth vote on seven to lynch. Elias voted prior and miscounted saying his vote was actually the -3 when it was in fact the -4. Please do not misrepresent peoples votes.

All this adds up to a
FoS Lucienne
for taking Oman actions obviously out of context in order to build your case against him.

I need to read more before commenting further on other players. But I feel that orig just misplayed page one, and a bandwagon formed super fast. I personally think there's more information in the bandwagon than what set if off, but some of his defense seems a bit off. And just because someone seems to be a little green, doesn't mean they can't be scum.

Man this game has too many suspicious people. :D

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”