SPAG
SPAG
Goon
SPAG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:05 am

Post by SPAG »

Mr.PiGG has been sent a prod. He has 48 hours to post otherwise he will be replaced
The trouble with learning from experience is that the test comes first and the lesson afterwards.

Sean aka SPAG
VampanezeHunter
VampanezeHunter
Goon
VampanezeHunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:00 am

Post by VampanezeHunter »

Sorry I haven't posted guys! Busy week! Anyway I don't really have much of a view on anyone! I'll keep re-reading till I do!
"...Unvote you Moran..."- SomeStrangeFlea
"...Lag is so much worse in real life than in computer games, if you don't believe me then look at Jesus--it took him three *days* to respawn after he died..."- Khelvaster.
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:31 pm

Post by d3sisted »

Rofl. Just... Lmfao.

Mini 436, Post 805.

But first, the context: Post 780. I bring up a full PBPA covering all 30-odd pages, encompassing most of what Miztef had posted in the game (I actually split up the evidence into two posts, the latter coming at 815). Those two posts, 780 and 815, took me the whole of maybe 9 or 10 hours just reading and scouring through the pages, gathering any shred of evidence available.

So to see =Confused= bring up yet another pageful of completely fresh points/evidence that I had missed (804) was quite impressive to say the least. And yes, I plead guilty to HeH's accusation of my having written some "complimentary things" of =Confused=. Here is what I said in response to her 804:
d3sisted, Mini 436, 805 wrote:A dazzling contribution, =Confused=. The evidence on Miztef is piling up quite expeditiously.
To whoever is wondering:
Yes
I think HeH is grasping at straws with this claim, but
no
I do not think he is scummy for it. I recognize it is scumhunting, and I applaud him for being able to pull up such obscure posts as this, but... meh, you guys can be the judge.
This. Is. [color=red][b]SPARTA![/b][/color]

[color=red][b][i]V/LA Dec 22 - Jan 4[/i][/b][/color]
Mr.PiGG
Mr.PiGG
Townie
Mr.PiGG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:37 pm

Post by Mr.PiGG »

Omg I thought I was replaced here :lol: sorry i'll read right now and say something after this.
And always remember my brother, one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish, knick knack, paddy whack, give a dog a bone, two thousand, zero, zero, party, oops! Out of time, my bacon smellin' fine. Pharaconvict "don't be a menace"
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:00 pm

Post by distad »

Oh good lord...

Analyzing night moves is always WIFOMish. I learned that one in my very first game on here.

I am CERTAINLY not reading a different game for this.

Unvote, Vote: BM
for encouraging this completely fruitless pursuit.
Mr.PiGG
Mr.PiGG
Townie
Mr.PiGG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:05 pm

Post by Mr.PiGG »

Distad: Voted for me first turn Grr… Vote hop?

Gorgon: Talker, brown-noser? Gets on the d3sisted wagon -3 now,

Battle Mage: OMGUS vote,

Hang 'em High: Early random dice wagon vote, throwing dirt at d3sisted.

Sonicpulsar: Another person who voted for me first turn grr… Early attempt maybe trying to wagon?

VampanezeHunter: Votes d3sisted a few post after HeH hmm,

Antipathy: Votes,

d3sisted: came to his own defense just a wee bit to defensively?

YYCguy: diced it and got d3sisted, hiding a wagon vote? Fake dice roll?!?

first thoughts on each post so far was gonna throw in the #'s but screw it.

Right now biggest dots on my scumdar are YYCguy and HeH.

YYCguy: I think you had a fake dice roll. You also wagoned on D3sisted after all the meta game talk.

HeH: Throwing dirt on D3sisted maybe to take some eyes off you?

will post more as it all unfolds sorry for being so late.
And always remember my brother, one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish, knick knack, paddy whack, give a dog a bone, two thousand, zero, zero, party, oops! Out of time, my bacon smellin' fine. Pharaconvict "don't be a menace"
Mr.PiGG
Mr.PiGG
Townie
Mr.PiGG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:06 pm

Post by Mr.PiGG »

hmm should have made that prettyer sorry if it is hard to read.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:57 am

Post by Battle Mage »

distad wrote:Oh good lord...

Analyzing night moves is always WIFOMish. I learned that one in my very first game on here.

I am CERTAINLY not reading a different game for this.

Unvote, Vote: BM
for encouraging this completely fruitless pursuit.
thats your choice Distad. I agree that, everyone is told at some point that commenting on NK's is WIFOM. In most cases, that is true. I mean, imo, its WIFOM to say that because i'm not dead, i am definitely scum, but that is significantly down to the fact that so many people brought it up, and it is so obvious. I was the first person to mention that there might be some significance behind the kill of Confused, over other new players. In my mind, it probably wasnt a gambit by the scum to cast suspicion on Desisted, mainly because, if it was, one of the mafia members would have mentioned it. Of course, this logic is only viable for me in particular, and i can see why you have your doubts, but you must realise, that from my point of view, and HeH's, what we have found MIGHT be significant.

Of course, the general feel of defense for Desisted could be another scumtell. However, i feel comfortable enough with an
Unvote, Vote: VampaneseHunter

This is a shortish game, and we need you to contribute. Having no opinion at this point is totally inexcusable. Its lurking in plain sight.

oh also,
IGMEOY: D3sisted
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
YYCguy
YYCguy
Townie
YYCguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:26 am

Post by YYCguy »

Mr.PiGG wrote:YYCguy: I think you had a fake dice roll. You also wagoned on D3sisted after all the meta game talk.
How exactly did I fake the dice roll? I used the tags, and then placed a vote based on what came up.
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:33 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

Mr.PiGG wrote:Hang 'em High: Early random dice wagon vote, throwing dirt at d3sisted.

VampanezeHunter: Votes d3sisted a few post after HeH hmm,

HeH: Throwing dirt on D3sisted maybe to take some eyes off you?
For the record, I never voted for d3sisted. I did cast a FoS on him based on what I saw by metagaming, but I also said that such evidence was somewhat specious. I don't place much stock in it now, but it is worth keeping in mind depending on how the game progresses in the future.
There are two types of people in the world -- those who divide people into types and those who don't.

Note: I've got LA on weekends and in the evening.
Mr.PiGG
Mr.PiGG
Townie
Mr.PiGG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:33 am

Post by Mr.PiGG »

I have no idea how you did it, it was just a thought. That whole thing I posted was all the first things that popped in my head while reading.
vote : YYCguy
Mr.PiGG
Mr.PiGG
Townie
Mr.PiGG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:37 am

Post by Mr.PiGG »

HeH: Ok that's my fault, I agree that the whole looking at his past game is suspicious but it may be a little far fetched. I mean it could all just be a coincidence that he's played with confused and knew he was good. But also it is plausible that he is scum and lynched him for that reason.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:44 am

Post by distad »

I do have an opinion. I thought D3sisted was being defensive and that HEH was chasing a red herring.

Although I had been voting as if we were still in random stage, given that the deadline is Friday, I probably should halt that.
Unvote
I'd have preferred that the first day take 2 weeks and the remainders 1, but that's neither here nor there at this point.

That said, I'm still liking HEH on this. I know that BM said that he was surprised to be alive, but I don't really take that as a scum tell because he's played long enough to know that it would be stupid to bring to our attention if he was scum. But, to take that and run as HEH has done, I believe is a scum tell. It was an incredibly weak point and to blow it up well out of proportion is very scummy. (Drawing our whole focus to something that is minor and WIFOM at that...)

Vote: Hang em High
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:12 am

Post by Battle Mage »

hmm, i dont think HeH is the play today. Any scumtell he committed, was on me, and frankly, i think there are better targets. Namely, VampanezeHunter, who needs some good old pressure votes to make him post.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:42 am

Post by distad »

Pressure votes aside, he just needs to contribute, period.

But, you can't seriously think that HeH's continued discussion of a very weak topic to be clean, do you?

Hmm... interesting...
VampanezeHunter
VampanezeHunter
Goon
VampanezeHunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:50 am

Actuiallyu I think I have too many games. Do you think you guys would be better off with someone else? If so I am willing to be replaced!

If you can carry on playing during this current dayphase I will be grateful. I will then replace you during the night phase if you still wish to be replaced
"...Lag is so much worse in real life than in computer games, if you don't believe me then look at Jesus--it took him three *days* to respawn after he died..."- Khelvaster.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:15 am

Post by distad »

Seeing as how we're 3+ days away from deadline, if you could at least bear through this week it would help us a ton. then, if still needed, you could possibly get a replacement over the weekend...
VampanezeHunter
VampanezeHunter
Goon
VampanezeHunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:59 am

Ok. I'll stay for this day but then could I be replaced pleaase as I have too many games for me to handle. I appologise for this! I really mean it!
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:39 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

distad wrote:But, you can't seriously think that HeH's continued discussion of a very weak topic to be clean, do you?
In my defense, I only brought up those topics (BM not being NKed and d3sisted complimenting =Confused='s play) in response to other people's questions/comments and I've acknowledged the arguments are weak. I do think they were worth a
brief
discussion because they
might
prove valuable later when more information has come out. The reason they've remained under discussion is because other people question me on them and I feel obligated to explain.

I understand why you find those arguments suspicious and I'll try to explain my thinking as best I can. Since this is such a quick turnaround, we can't afford to sit back and hope the scum out themselves. We need to actively look for any clues that might help us track them down -- that's what I was trying to do.
There are two types of people in the world -- those who divide people into types and those who don't.

Note: I've got LA on weekends and in the evening.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:52 am

Post by distad »

That's certainly fair. Much like yourself, I had to run with what I could see.

Unvote

I've been in the position of needing to answer/redirect other's comments before and I do understand that and how it can look.

As for VH, I'm not as concerned about him being scum. (
Note:
This is my turn for meta-gaming.) Typically, when people drop out in the middle of a game, it's because they are not a power role and get bored (or have to choose a game, in which case they opt to keep the power roles). Since VH wants to be replaced, I'm wagering that he is a vanilla townie. We need his participation for these last three days, but I think he's a non-vote.

How about Antipathy? Is he still around or is that just a clever name?
(For all of those Wayne's World fans out there... the bouncer was actually played by Meatloaf. Go back and watch it...)
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:53 am

Post by Gorgon »

Okay ...

I'm not seeing the case against YYCguy at all. What's it based on? A flippin' die roll? Firstly, I believe his explanation that he removed himself from the list, then rolled a 10-sided die and selected from the list that didn't include himself. Makes perfect sense to me. Also, I can't see how he could have possibly faked it. Can you do that? And what would be the point?

d3sisted and HeH are both giving my good vibes at the moment ... d3sisted's post 52 looks solid and reasonable enough, and so do HeH's last few posts.

The person I find most suspicious right now is Battle Mage - he's confusing, and I don't like the way he's going on about how lots of people came out and accused him of being scum because he's still alive. I'm not seeing it myself. Does anyone else see it? Then again, BM is hard to read, as he says himself ... I just don't know ...

With regards to VampanezeHunter, I'm inclined to believe that he is genuinely busy, although I think getting replaced in a Speed game like this is not cool at all. We should watch him, or his replacement, carefully.
Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:34 am

Post by Sonicpulsar »

Sweet Enola Gay, distad, you've alrady unvoted and revoted 3 times, followed by another unvote. I know this is a quick game, but this seems very scummy to me.

Battle Mage is the only other person to have unvoted more than once. But he's also in the heat of it all, so it's more understandable but still no less scummy because the reason he's in the heat is his own self-proclaimed importance.

Do we have any obvious lurkers thus far? Lurking is far less useful in this game due to the speed with which it will be played, but I'll never underestimate the lurking tendencies of those who want to stay alive most (power roles and scum).
"Truth and Falsehood were bathing. Falsehood came out of the water first and dressed herself in Truth's clothes. Truth, unwilling to put on the garments of Falsehood, went naked." - Unknown
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:42 am

Post by distad »

I understand that view, sp, but most of that was done in the random section. The straight unvote was because I specifically wanted to not continue to jump all over the place. I wanted my next vote to be longer lasting.

I don't know about obvious lurking, other than not hearing too much from you thus far. I think we might need to
prod Antipathy
, too.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:21 am

Post by Battle Mage »

distad wrote:Pressure votes aside, he just needs to contribute, period.

But, you can't seriously think that HeH's continued discussion of a very weak topic to be clean, do you?

Hmm... interesting...
interesting? what do you mean?
I suppose what you are inferring is that, the act in question is unreasonable, and thus scummy. However i consider scaremongering to be a scumtell in itself, and you are looking to be guilty of that.
FoS: Distad

On the other hand, i agree with you about VH. to some extent the fact that SPAG will replace him at night, indicates vanilla, because usually, a role like scum, is required to be most active at night. so
Unvote

oh and another thing, I'm seeing the word 'scummy' being bandied about alot here. When i see the word scummy, i expect to find some evidence for someone being scum, not a meaningless comment about something barely game related. :roll:
just for my personal piece of mind. lol

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:54 am

Post by distad »

I said that to get a response. No one seems to EVER respond to "it will remain noted." HeH replied immediately. Then I unvoted.

I'm not sure what you mean by scaremongering, but if you mean "scaring into responding" then, yes, I'm clearly guilty.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”