Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:45 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Might as well make it...Bobby, JDodge and you lol
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:45 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Erg0 wrote:Wow, that was a fortuitous simulpost.

Unvote
for the moment.
To clarify, I'm referring to BobbyPlump here.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:47 pm

Post by somestrangeflea »

I don't have a scumlist.
I never suspected Oman of fishing in the first place, I've explained my wagonvote on JDodge, I've said that I accept GoW's explanation for his post, and nothing else has really happened so far!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:49 pm

So you think everyone is town, am I right ?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:13 pm

Post by Skruffs »

I am pleased to see Albert R. Rampage in this game.
Thank god for Post 60.

Vote : XDaamno
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:25 pm

Post by bobbyplump »

Thoughts so far. First off, what a weird exchange.

-Didn't find anything wrong with Oman's post about the double-voter. Sounds like he miscounted, and believing that count, made a post. Maybe that post didn't benefit the town, but I also don't see how it'd benefit scum. If there were a double-voter, anyone with a brain could figure out the math.

-Jdodge made a legit vote on Oman. Legit in forcing Oman to react to see how he'd do it.

-Definitely caught the sarcasm in GoW's post. Not sure how it blew everything up.

-Pulsewidth jumps in after catching a random vote, and votes for GoW. Then he disappears. I don't like that at all.

-Somestrangeflea hops in and BWs JDodge and doesn't really make sense in so doing. To me, this is the scummiest thing in the whole exchange.
Vote: Flea

-ABR gets REALLY defensive about JDodge. I can understand arguing in his favor, but ABR did so with fervor. Struck me as odd. Could it be a case of scum defending a townie to gain trust?

-ABR votes GoW, a vote that doesn't sit well with me. The whole Oman/JDodge/GOW debate was blown out of proportion. I don't think any of those three's comments were scummy. I think in the long run, reactions to the debate will tell more than debate itself.
FOS: ABR

-Kison pops in to put GOW halfway to a lynch, then disappears. Hate that.

-HATE that Flea says this:
somestrangeflea wrote:Apologies. I normally attempt to start games with an early bandwagon, whether it has a base or not, to attempt to get information. At that point, JDodge seemed to be an ideal target, so I voted him. Since the wagon has slowed, I will now
Unvote
-This:
somestrangeflea wrote:Gut feeling for everyone starts off Town and then slowly degrades into Scum.
-AND this
somestrangeflea wrote:I don't have a scumlist.
In conclusion, I'm voting for Flea, FOSing Albert and
EGMEOY: Pulsewidth and Kison.
Would sure like to hear more from the two of you.
I'm your huckleberry.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:29 pm

Exactly the point I was trying to illustrate with my short exchange with Flea.
~N9V~
~N9V~
Goon
~N9V~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:00 pm

Post by ~N9V~ »

Oman wrote:I counted 16....dammit, i counted the names NOT in brackets. Okay 18 my bad.
It's quite obvious how many people there are. Look at the frount page before you post about how many people there are. It really makes you look like you are role-fishing.
JDodge wrote:
Unvote, vote: Oman

Quit fishing.
For good reasons too.
Oman wrote:Jdodge, I'm not fishing, I'm speculating. Of course, I also can't count, so if I was fishing, I'm pretty crap at it.
No, you were fishing.
GodOfWine wrote:
unvote: Albert

VOTE: JDodge

Keep fishing.
How was JDodge fishing about someone else fishing.

FoS: Oman and GodOfWine

pulsewidth wrote:
Vote GodofWine
for promoting role-fishing.
WTF, where do you see GodOfWine promoting role-fishing? If your talking about how he told JDodge to "keep fishing", that's hardly promoting it.

somestrangeflea wrote:OK...
Oman speculated on the setup...
JDodge voted Oman for fishing...
GodOfWine voted JDodge for... I don't know. The posts seem to make out that JDodge was fishing, but I think it's a possible misinterpretation/miswording...

In conclusion... uh...
Unvote, Vote: JDodge
I would like some sort of clarification from GoW though...
Okay, I understand this, up to the part about voting for JDodge. If you declare that GodOfWine voted for JDodge for a reason "possibly role-fishing, mabey a misinterpretation/miswording". If you don't know why GodOfWine voted for JDodge, then why didyou do likewise?

FoS: somestrangeflea

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Stop messing with JDodge. Leave him alone.
Albert B. Rampage wrote:The bandwagon on him is pretty baseless.
Albert B. Rampage wrote:His actions ? He made 3 posts so far.

JDodge has not done anything scummy.
Agreed. JDodge hasn't done anything wrong/scummy.

SirWario wrote:
Unvote,Vote:Albert B. Rampage

why would you jump to defend jdodge?

I agree with Erg0's interpretation of GOW's statement. It seemed like he wanted Oman to keep fishing.Strange, but appears to be random.
Why wouldn't he jump to defend someone who's acted protown so far.

FoS: SirWario

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Here are the facts:

1. Oman fished for a power role, in this instance a double voter.
Oman wrote:Is this, in fact, correct. If so we must have a double voter.
Sounds like fishing to me.
2. JDodge called him on it.
Sounds like he called him out for fishing.
3. Oman says he was'nt fishing. He blames his fishing on a numerical mistake, which in reality is unrelated to the fact that he was fishing.
Oman wrote:Jdodge, I'm not fishing, I'm speculating. Of course, I also can't count, so if I was fishing, I'm pretty crap at it.
No, you were fishing. Stop trying to hide that with your mistake of seeing only 16.

AlSleet wrote:Jordan- I'm kinda on the same wavelength as he is. Doesn't really think JDodge is all that scummy but wants to do something to get conversation going. I get a good vibe off of him.
I don't understand how you can say that Jordan thinks JDodge is scum, while he is attacking him? If he wanted to start a conversation on someone, I think he would attack someone who he feels is scummy. Unless Jordan plays this game differently.
Somestrangeflea- Most scummy to me so far. Voted JDodge directly after Jordan did and he didn't look like he had good logic behind it. I get the feeling he's trying to blend in, which I don't like.
Ditto.

FoS: JordanA24

bobbyplump wrote:Thoughts so far. First off, what a weird exchange.

-HATE that Flea says this:
somestrangeflea wrote:Apologies. I normally attempt to start games with an early bandwagon, whether it has a base or not, to attempt to get information. At that point, JDodge seemed to be an ideal target, so I voted him. Since the wagon has slowed, I will now
Unvote
-This:
somestrangeflea wrote:Gut feeling for everyone starts off Town and then slowly degrades into Scum.
-AND this
somestrangeflea wrote:I don't have a scumlist.
Was just getting around to it, you beat me though. Pretty much ditto.

So in the end, this is what it looks like.

Pro-Town: Albert B. Rampage, JDodge.

Neutral: YagamiLight, Nelly632, Quinnster, bobbyplump, Erg0, XDaamno, Pulsewidth, Skruffs, Kison, Alsleet

Scummy: Oman, somestrangeflea, GodOfWine, JordanA24, SirWario
~N9V~
~N9V~
Goon
~N9V~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:01 pm

Post by ~N9V~ »

Vote: somestrangeflea
GodOfWine
GodOfWine
Goon
GodOfWine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:09 pm

Post by GodOfWine »

~N9V~ wrote:GodOfWine wrote:
unvote: Albert

VOTE: JDodge

Keep fishing.

How was JDodge fishing about someone else fishing.
To answer that, I was not commanding JDodge to "keep fishing". I was saying generally, as to an audience, "Keep fishing!" It was a joke, we got past that part.

The whole vote was just to imitate JDodge's previous post. I was not intending to start a mass movement. I really dont find him scummy at all so I guess I can't justify keeping a vote on him. I will be watching all those people who were eager to interpret a little playfulness as a chance to gang up on the funny guy. You know who you are. (cough, AlSleet, ~N9V~, pulsewidth, cough) I'm not FoSing though. More of an IGMEOY.[/quote]
GodOfWine
GodOfWine
Goon
GodOfWine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:10 pm

Post by GodOfWine »

I meant to do this at the end of my last post.
unvote

I have made my three suspcions clear. (There may be more that I forgot to include who had similar actions. Consider yourselves included.)
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:35 pm

Post by Oman »

N9V has just written the same arugment twice, or is there something else there that I missed.

Firstly, I miscounted in the VC, that is an honest mistake and N9V is simply Shadow Jumping trying to crucify me on it.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
GodOfWine
GodOfWine
Goon
GodOfWine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:47 pm

Post by GodOfWine »

I agree. Miscounting the players, especially when you weren't even trying to prove anything except to the mod cant be anything but an honest mistake. He has warranted an
FoS: ~N9V~
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:23 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Vote: ~N9V~

Obvscum.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:05 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

okay,
unvote
, I had read it as you implying JDodge was fishing, and were being sarcastic about wanting him to continue. I get what you meant know.
~N9V~, I don't think what Oman did should be considered fishing. It seems as though he miscounted, and assumed there was a double voter, just like after a night seeing to dead and assuming there is a vig or SK.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:07 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

EBWODP
Oh, and
FoS ~N9V~ and lesser on JDodge
, for thinking speculation is fishing.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:03 pm

Post by Oman »

Oh I forgot to put in my above post
HoS: N9V

Why make the same argument twice too?
~N9V~
~N9V~
Goon
~N9V~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:12 pm

Post by ~N9V~ »

^^Cuz i was posting my thoughts as I read the thread...
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:15 pm

Post by Oman »

Doesn't explain the need to say the same stuff twice, I think you might have been trying to build a better argument than you had.
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:25 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

I think it does explain his posting the thing twice, he say it once when you posted it, and again when quoted. But I still don't see why you believe it is fishing.
-Al Franken-
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:58 pm

Post by JordanA24 »

~N9V~ wrote:
AlSleet wrote:Jordan- I'm kinda on the same wavelength as he is. Doesn't really think JDodge is all that scummy but wants to do something to get conversation going. I get a good vibe off of him.
I don't understand how you can say that Jordan thinks JDodge is scum, while he is attacking him? If he wanted to start a conversation on someone, I think he would attack someone who he feels is scummy. Unless Jordan plays this game differently.
Somestrangeflea- Most scummy to me so far. Voted JDodge directly after Jordan did and he didn't look like he had good logic behind it. I get the feeling he's trying to blend in, which I don't like.
Ditto.

FoS: JordanA24
Why are you FOS'ing me here? The quote above it wasn't mine, and if you're FOSing me because of Alsleet's quote, that's ridiculous. The only way I could see that working is if you think me and Al are scumbuddies (at this early stage?), and Al's on your neutral list. So, explain the FOS please.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:40 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

'Wow-uberactivity!' Vote Count

GodofWine 3 (AlSleet, Pulsewidth, Albert B Rampage)
Albert B. Rampage 3 (Oman, XDaamno, SirWario)
Jdodge 2 (N9V, Jordan)
Oman 1 (Jdodge)
Quinnster 1 (Nelly632)
AlSleet 1 (Kison)
Xdaamno 1 (Skruffs)
Somestrangeflea 1 (BobbyPlump)
N9V 1 (Erg0)

Not Voting (4): Quinnster, Somestrangeflea, GodofWine, YagamiLight.

A majority of 10 votes required to lynch.

*Note-if you notice an error in any of my votecounts, please inform me of it politely. I'm never wrong, but sometimes i'm not as right as i should be.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:09 am

Post by Skruffs »

Fishing would be saying "Who's the double voter". Oman was theorizing (falsely) that the number of votes to lynch was affected by an outside force, in this case, a double voter.
The whole premise is wrong, though - a double voter in a game rarely changes the number of votes to lynch, it just drops the number of people who have to be on a wagon for someone to be lynched (usually by one).

Fishing would be "So, does anyone have the ability to double vote?" - which Oman didn't say.
And if there WAS reason to think someone could double vote, what would be the harm in asking about that now, anyways? This is day, the time where votes are cast, and it would become quite apparent as soon as they voted regardless.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:39 am

Post by Xdaamno »

The whole premise is wrong, though - a double voter in a game rarely changes the number of votes to lynch, it just drops the number of people who have to be on a wagon for someone to be lynched (usually by one).

Either way, there was no visible change in the information given and so it's pointless to argue one way or another whether votes are changed, and doing so dosen't help the town anyway.

Oman, I think you're following the wrong trail with N9V at the moment. I see no reason why a scum player would do this more often than a town player (Regardless of whether doing this makes his argument more 'right' or not, which it dosen't).
Erg0 wrote: Vote: ~N9V~

Obvscum.
Hm. I can see posts like this being made by scum players because they're obviously half-joking and thus they can't be interrogated, but they're still pushing for the lynch.
Jordan wrote: So you think everyone is town, am I right ?
While this is rather parodical, it's obviously an exaggeration which we could do without. ssf may not have a scumlist because he has noticed no scumtells so far, but you're interpreting it as he'll
never
have a scumlist. We're only just out of the RV stage.

Having slightly defended N9V, however, he does seem a little too certain with his 'JDodge is not scum' position. While I agree he isn't exactly at the top of my scum list, I've still noticed his very short posts such as
That's BS.

and
Unvote, vote: Oman

Quit fishing.

to be off (Which wouldn't give him that much heat from me normally, but he's been not posting recently which leads me to believe he could be donig the 'let the town rip itself apart' act).
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:39 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Either way, there was no visible change in the information given and so it's pointless to argue one way or another whether votes are changed, and doing so dosen't help the town anyway.

Oman, I think you're following the wrong trail with N9V at the moment. I see no reason why a scum player would do this more often than a town player (Regardless of whether doing this makes his argument more 'right' or not, which it dosen't).
Btw those two paragraphs are not linked, and the quote above them is from Skruffs.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”