Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:06 am

Post by Elias_the_thief »

i was going to make those same points about barroman, but javert has already done it for me.
Barromán wrote: And why you don't answer this?
Ancagalon wrote:
Elias wrote: now, my first vote was my random vote. but when i saw that nothing was happening in this game, I switched it in order to get the game going again.
How much time passed? Your post was at 5:00 on a Friday Night. Then there was another post, then your post again at 10:00 on a Saturday Morning. Hardly enough to call a slow game. That's weak reasoning there.
3 + -12, carry the 62... = ???
i can see why you have trouble figuring out the answer, barro :roll: . but luckily for us ancalagon gave the answer in his next post.
Barromán
Barromán
Townie
Barromán
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:34 am

Post by Barrom├â┬ín »

Well, I expected that Elias himself could answer my questions...
Javert, if Elias is an evil role, and if we defend him instead of himself, we can't discover him!!
In Spain, we call these people ' poor's lawyer '. (<-That's a joke!)

I wanted to know what Elias has to says for my questions...

If someone discover that I have done something "strange" (as
Elias wrote: now, my first vote was my random vote. but when i saw that nothing was happening in this game, I switched it in order to get the game going again.

) and someone discover that was a mistake, I think that I have to explain.

I consider that a lie. So I think that is strange not answer it. Sorry if everyone see that suspicius... but if I think that someone is suspicius I atack him, AND ONLY HIM. I think that he doesn't need "poor's lawyers"!

P.s. "Poor's lawyer" is not an insult, and I don't mean to offend!
Some people say, that diferences are a reason to divide... but look at the rainbow.
Vive el momento presente. (Ch.Lubich)

[img]http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/1226/chiquitajotrollsi3.png[/img]
Ancalagon
Ancalagon
Goon
Ancalagon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:13 pm

Post by Ancalagon »

MeMe wrote:He has an interesting habit of overweighting his points (e.g. "die scum" "most scummy thing I've seen in my entire life" and the unsupported "most...end up mafia" sentiment that prompted me to question him). He's certainly worth watching.
Die scum was half a joke.

The scummy thing was overweighted, but it was true.

Most end up Mafia is true in my experience.
Wise men make proverbs; fools repeat them.
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:26 pm

Post by Javert »

Barroman, I did not strictly answer any of the questions you posed to Elias - all I commented on was that I believe you were misinterpreting Elias' talk on random voting (by saying a layman would disagree with your interpretation), and I did not answer the timeframe question, but instead noted that it was already effectively answered through Ancalagon's posting. In effect, all
I
did was point out why I did not like the wording of your questions.
omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:and before you ask i dont have any reason to think javert is scum, he is just annoying the hell out of me
Is there a particular reason why I am "annoying the hell out of you"?
Nocmen wrote:As ac1983fan said, I will
Unvote
because some tells are starting to come out with other events, and then I will
Vote:Ancalagon
for what seems to be using made up statistics with no background, with most likely seems to be in defense of his scum partner.
Just so I am clear, who are you proposing Ancalagon is defending?
"I was born with scum like you."
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:11 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Ancalagon wrote:
MeMe wrote:He has an interesting habit of overweighting his points (e.g. "die scum" "most scummy thing I've seen in my entire life" and the unsupported "most...end up mafia" sentiment that prompted me to question him). He's certainly worth watching.
Die scum was half a joke.

The scummy thing was overweighted, but it was true.

Most end up Mafia is true in my experience.
Wait...mind explaining to me what half a joke is? And if your speaking from experience, tell us that, or you get accused of pulling statistics out of your ass, which IS a common scum thing to do.
Javert wrote: Just so I am clear, who are you proposing Ancalagon is defending?
I was saying he was covering omg, as that is who Ancalagon is defending after Elias moved a vote to start discussion via a bandwagon.
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:39 pm

Post by kilmenator »

omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote: you want to know why? dont push it =P
I will push, you are voting for no reason at all. You gave no reason for the vote and now... you are saying dont push it. Complete crap IMO. Secondly, I will be quite honest, this game has not gotten nearly enough attention from me, I started a new job that requires many more hours from me, but the pay is better, so I have been focusing on that instead of this. Things seem to be slowing down, so I should be able to be more active as of now.

My opinions on this game.... give me a few to reread then I will post a quick summary with my suspicions.
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:00 pm

Post by kilmenator »

A summary of just three pages is a bit useless when everyone can just go back and reread in about 20 mins or so. Things that stuck out to me were...
omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:stop random voting guys

Javert is scum bandwagon him now
I dont like this post on page one, and then the fact that OMG has put his vote on me for no reason and fails to give reason seems a bit shady to me. I also dont like the idea that he has Javert lined up as the next lynch after me for mere reasons that he annoys him...
Nocmen wrote:
Random Vote: The Shadow
Something I think everyone has missed is that Nocmen actually started the first bandwagon, but did not comment at all on the fact that is what he was doing and seems to be laying low now. Not anything serious but definetly someone worth watching.
The Shadow wrote:Checking in. Been out of town for the weekend. Since we've been in business a couple of days, I won't bother random voting. I'll post something tomorrow night, I reckon, when I'm less tired.
The shadow has not posted anything of real content. I did not check the tag as to when this post was made, but I think a post of content is defintely in order from him. Being that this is his only post in this game. Not even a random vote, nothing at all from him.
I also like the last post of the last page, the fact that Barroman has not really added much to the game and yet seems to cast suspicion on Elias without actually saying anything new is noted. At this point, I think scum most likely lies here.

So with all that said, right now, I would like to
vote:Barroman
until I decide that he isnt scum. :p
The Shadow
The Shadow
knows
The Shadow
knows
knows

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:20 pm

Post by The Shadow »

I think Javert's kinda jumping it a bit on Barroman. He asked Elias a simple question. Regardless of whether it should have been fairly clear, that's hardly cause for a vote, I'm thinking.
Corpses designed with you in mind
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:48 pm

Post by omg_im_innocent_wtf »

kilmenator wrote:
omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote: you want to know why? dont push it =P
I will push, you are voting for no reason at all. You gave no reason for the vote and now... you are saying dont push it. Complete crap IMO. I cant believe Ive been caught out so early. This is seriously absolute bs. I wish I wasnt a scum now because Ill probably be lynched soon. Secondly, I will be quite honest, this game has not gotten nearly enough attention from me, I started a new job that requires many more hours from me, but the pay is better, so I have been focusing on that instead of this. Things seem to be slowing down, so I should be able to be more active as of now.

My opinions on this game.... give me a few to reread then I will post a quick summary with my suspicions.
sry bro
i swear im not mafia
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:42 pm

Post by kilmenator »

I'm a female just for the record. And could you please explain why you are voting me?
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:39 pm

The Shadow wrote:I think Javert's kinda jumping it a bit on Barroman. He asked Elias a simple question. Regardless of whether it should have been fairly clear, that's hardly cause for a vote, I'm thinking.
I have to agree with this. while barromans questions were kind of dumb seeing as they'd already been answered, they dont really seem to be much of a scumtell.

and javert: i kinda see where OMG is coming from about you being annoying. its nothing about your posts, but your picture just looks really condescending. obviously im not suspicious about you for it, that would be dumb. but if theres anything i learned about OMG in my last game, its that he's an idiotic asshole. not much he says can be taken at face value
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:11 pm

Post by MeMe »

Do you seriously not know where the name "Javert" comes from?
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:43 pm

kil - why dont you try reading the huge post above where i actually give a full answer, are you honestly telling me you skipped post 54 twice?

see this is why there is no point answering questions - noone reads them, if they do they misinterpret them either deliberately or accidentally.

im not answering any more questions or comments for this game ever from kilmenator.
a) because he/she is scum
b) because he/she is too lazy or stupid to READ what i write before responding

elias - <3 (id rather be an asshole than a retard like many players on this site are)
javert is annoying entirely because of his posts, i dont have a clue what his pic is.
i swear im not mafia
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:14 pm

Post by Javert »

The Shadow wrote:I think Javert's kinda jumping it a bit on Barroman. He asked Elias a simple question. Regardless of whether it should have been fairly clear, that's hardly cause for a vote, I'm thinking.
Firstly, Barroman asked Elias_the_thief three questions, not simply one. Secondly, the game was (and still is) just creeping out of the random voting stage. I am much more content with a vote with some reasoning behind it (as my current vote) than a vote with no reasoning behind it (as was my initial vote).

I will pursue what I see to be even slightly scummy early in the game, and I got the feeling the Barroman's questions were not intended to be inquisitive, but more intended to cast suspicion - which seems somewhat contrary to scumhunting, and hence somewhat scummy. Hence the vote.

Is there a reason in particular why
you
are not currently voting anybody? Is this normal for you?
Elias_the_thief wrote:while barromans questions were kind of dumb seeing as they'd already been answered, they dont really seem to be much of a scumtell.
Barroman, do you agree with this? If not, what questions do you think were unanswered in-thread? And if so, why did you accuse me of being a 'poor lawyer'?
omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:javert is annoying entirely because of his posts, i dont have a clue what his pic is.
Could you tell me what in particular is annoying about my posts? It may be possible for me to alleviate whatever offense you are taking in my posting.
Barromán
Barromán
Townie
Barromán
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:04 pm

Post by Barrom├â┬ín »

@ Kilmentantor:

You say that I don't added so much to the game. I started the game, and I have to go away for three days. I'm from Spain so mi Clock is a bit different yours so it's more difficult to me to post at the same time that yours, so it's more difficult to me start a real argue. And more important what have you given to the game? I wanted to add something asking that questions, till Javert did the work to Elias.

@ Javert:

Uhm...

I'll try to answer the more schematic the better...

1) Poor lawyer is not the same that poor's lawyer, a lawyer who work to the people who can't pay a lawyer. It's as saying that you have defended someone who can defend himself.

2) I think that in this game the best way to catch a scum is asking him, trying to geting him nervious. So I was trying to ask "strange" questions
to Elias
to see how
Elias
could answer the questions.

3) Here I must add that, I'm spanish, so probably some of the things that you say I could understand them by other way... I understand from the declarations of Elias, that he says that random votes weren't very usefull... so I wanted to test him, and see what he have to says to the fact that he have randomly voted and he has criticised the random votes. From here come the first and the second question.

4) The third question comes from the fact that Elias (yes, the questions was TO ELIAS) the fact that Elias have said a LAY. He said that he saw the game dead, so he changed his random vote. But, that wasn't so much time from post to post... And I see some inconsitences here... From here come the third question.

5) If you see Javert, you are asking me at the same way I have asked Elias. And I could say that they are already answered. But I understand that those questions are a "test". So if I follow your your "reasoning in your vote", I must vote you, because that questions "were not intended to be inquisitive, but more intended to cast suspicion - which seems somewhat contrary to scumhunting, and hence somewhat scummy".

Of course I don't agree with that because I WANTED ELIAS TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS TO SEE HIS REACTION. Altought they were half answered in-thread, I wanted to see what he has to say. Especially to the third question. And I acuse you to ve a poor
's
lawyer because you have defended Elias without especial reason.

And If got another question, but this time to you. WHY HAVE YOU DEFENDED HIM? Why you didn't want him to answer that questions? Why did you answer those questions? And why didn't you let him to answers his own questions?
Some people say, that diferences are a reason to divide... but look at the rainbow.

Barromán
Barromán
Townie
Barromán
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:08 pm

Post by Barrom├â┬ín »

Barromán wrote:And I acuse you to
v
e a poor
's
And I acuse you to
b
e a poor
's

P.s: Sorry!

Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:22 pm

Post by Javert »

I see what you are saying, and I must respectfully disagree. I will point out again:
Javert wrote:a.) Any layman reading Elias' posts can tell that he did not say that random votes are 'useless' - just that they will not be taken completely seriously.
b.) See above.
c.) This is an absurdly silly "question". Ancagalon makes the answer entirely explicit by laying out the timeframe - a direct response is completely unneccessary.
None of these are 'answers' to any of your questions posed to Elias. He is still free to answer your questions, since his actual responses (which, to me, appear clearly in-thread) are much more detailed than what I have shown here.

I suppose I can understand how you could try to make him 'nervous',
but
asking Elias questions where the answers are already explicitly in-thread seems like a poor way of going about that tactic.

I perceive this as being equivalent to an interaction which goes as follows:
Hypothetical Interaction wrote:
X wrote:
I believe Y is suspicious for reasons A, B, and C.
Z wrote:
You said you are suspicious of Y. But
why
are you suspicous of Y?
Your questions simply struck me as having self-evident answers - and questions with such simple answers do not seem to me like something
anybody
would get 'nervous' about.
Barromán
Barromán
Townie
Barromán
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:28 am

Post by Barrom├â┬ín »

And I will point out again
TO ELIAS
:
Myself wrote:3) Here I must add that, I'm spanish, so probably some of the things that you say I could understand them by other way... I understand from the declarations of Elias, that he says that random votes weren't very usefull... so I wanted to test him, and see what he have to says to the fact that he have randomly voted and he has criticised the random votes. From here come the first and the second question.

4) The third question comes from the fact that Elias (yes, the questions was TO ELIAS) the fact that Elias have said a LAY. He said that he saw the game dead, so he changed his random vote. But, that wasn't so much time from post to post... And I see some inconsitences here... From here come the third question.
For me, the fact of the "vote" it's the same to:
Another hupothetical interaction wrote:
X wrote:
Random vote: Y
X some hours later wrote:The game is dead, soy I'll change my vote
X wrote:I think that the random vote is not very usefull
I WANT ELIAS TO ANSWER IT. Thanks

omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:31 am

leave elias alone he is my mason buddy (no not rly but he is awesome!)

also lynch kilmenator today

plzkthx
i swear im not mafia
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
Does not play well with others
LyingBrian

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:40 am

Post by LyingBrian »

• Vote Count:
    • 2) Barromán
      • Javert
      • kilmenator
    • 2) Elias_the_thief
      • Ancalagon
      • Barromán
    • 2) omg_im_innocent_wtf
      • Elias_the_thief
      • shadowdeath
    • 1) Ancalagon
      • Nocmen
    • 1) kilmenator
      • omg_im_innocent_wtf
    • 1) shadowdeath
      • MeMe
    • 2)
      not voting
      • ac1983fan
      • The Shadow
  • Lynch:
    6 votes
Last edited by LyingBrian on Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:40 am

Post by MeMe »

I'll stick with the lurking shadowdeath for the moment, though I'll say that I find Javert's to be the
least
annoying posts to read. He's taking the game seriously, adding real content, and is grammatically sound. This is in no way a commentary on his alignment.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
shadowdeath
shadowdeath
Townie
shadowdeath
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:14 am

Post by shadowdeath »

Sorry guys, I kinda forgot about this. >.<

Anyways I promise to look stuff over and post later today. For now, there's no point in keeping my vote on someone when I don't know what's going on.

Unvote
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:16 am

Barromán wrote:
I WANT ELIAS TO ANSWER IT. Thanks
ok. I will answer your questions.
my comment wasnt intended to imply that random votes are useless, it meant to say that random votes dont really apply much pressure. random votes are good at the beginning of the game, but not much after one's first or second post. this is also the answer to your second question. i used a random vote, because I do not think random votes are useless. so im not contradicting myself there.
as for the third question, I never said the game was dead, I said it was slowmoving. nothing was happening really besides random votes, so i wanted to start things moving faster. and i think 17 hours is enough time between posts to say the game is moving slowly. as for Javert, theres nothing wrong with defending a player from an attack that is based on nothing. i think its protown to make sure no one gets lynched for dumb reasons.
Ancalagon
Ancalagon
Goon
Ancalagon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:05 am

Post by Ancalagon »

Elias, this may seem random, but what timezone are you in?
Wise men make proverbs; fools repeat them.
shadowdeath
shadowdeath
Townie
shadowdeath
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:05 am

Post by shadowdeath »

Vote: Ancalagon

I don't think bandwagon necessarily = scum. Besides, 3 people voting on one person won't do much damage.

MOD NOTE
shadowdeath
was replaced by
spectrumvoid

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”