spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:10 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

Vote Count!

StallingChamp- 2 (Frozen Atlantic, pete d)
DragonsofSummer -2 (Glork, StallingChamp)
Pete D -2 (Amb, DragonsofSummer)

Amb- 1 (Omega)
Glork- 1 (blahgo)

7 to lynch.

edited. Sorry DoS.
Last edited by spectrumvoid on Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blank.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:09 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

Mod I'm voting Pete D right now
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:48 am

Post by Amb »

... So ... What next... Maybe we do need to grit our teeth and just lynch to keep the game alive?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:12 pm

Post by Glork »

FoS: Amb

All I'm hearing from you is "what should we do?" Take some initiative and attack somebody if you want discussion. Make a big deal out of something small. I don't care. One of the worst, scummiest things that a player can do when a game is slow is to ask everybody else what to do without doing anything themeslves.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:55 pm

Post by Amb »

I will take initiative when I am good and ready.

But currently we have nothing to go on save flimsy reasoning. If I was doing this on day 3, then you have cause for concern. But its day 1. On day 1 you can be lynched for having a name that reminds someone of Pi, or for by random chance being krolg spelt backwards. Even if the reasoning is "His voting pattern is scummy" or "He seems to have no backbone" you wont hit scum except by luck (Excepting if the scum says "Hey everybody, Im a serial killer, would you let me live as a vig").

So since flimsy reasoning is probably the main course for the day, I see no problem with wishy-washying myself around to avoid being voted myself. That after all is the only real goal today - stay alive and hope you hit scum and not a power townie when you lynch. We can get serious tomorrow.

Please note this does NOT advocate a speed lynch.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:27 pm

Post by Glork »

Amb wrote:On day 1 you can be lynched for having a name that reminds someone of Pi, or for by random chance being krolg spelt backwards. Even if the reasoning is "His voting pattern is scummy" or "He seems to have no backbone" you wont hit scum except by luck (Excepting if the scum says "Hey everybody, Im a serial killer, would you let me live as a vig").
This is so incredibly wrong, I'm not even sure I want to get into it. But meh, here goes.

You are no more likely to get lynched for a "random" or idiotic reason on Day One than on any other Day. You are more likely to get some ridiculuous bandwagon against you. You are more likely to get involved in some extended debate over something stupid. But an actual lynch
VERY RARELY
happens for some stupid reason. To flat-out say that hitting scum by dumb luck is ridiculous and actually insulting to a given town's ability to find scum. People do scummy things. Discussoin and debate ensue. By getting everyone to weigh in on relevant topics at hand, it is more than possible to find scum using playskill and playskill alone. I would argue that there is little, if any, dumb luck involved in finding a scumbag D1 ever.

MODS, please prod the following:

Blagho (last post 2/18)
Omega (last post 2/20)
yellowbounder (2 posts all game, last one on 2/21)
Thanks.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:29 pm

Post by Amb »

I should have said bandwagonned...
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:04 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

I'll prod them since I happen to be around.
Blank.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:02 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

This is the most relaxing modding experience I've ever had. =) <3 voidybuns.

(yellowbounder has been MeatWorld-prodded as well)
#greenshirtthursdays
Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:41 am

Post by Frozen Atlantic »

unvote vote DragonofSummer

That was just a very "third vote on a crappy wagon" kind of post. Technically it was 4th, I think, but um... yeah, I seriously don't like using the "reasons everyone else said" vote when there is a dearth of good reasoning.[/b]
Sucking at Mafia does not make you a townie.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:11 am

Post by Amb »

* Bump *

Unvote; Vote DragonsOfSUmmer

We need to keep the game moving. This can also be construed as showing initiative. Just so Glork knows.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:11 am

Post by Glork »

*laugh*

I love the "Look, Glork, I'm doing what you said I should be doing!" comment. Still, I can't argue with you busing your scumbuddy. :goodposting:
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:21 am

Post by DeanWinchester »

Huge
FOS: Amb and Dragonofsummer
You guys should really get T-shirts that say "I'm scum and this is who my scum buddy is!" Out of these two I think they both are probably scum.

Vote: Dragon of summer
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:35 am

Post by Amb »

FOS Deanwinchester

Neither the case against me, nor DragonOfSummer is particularly strong*. You sound very opportunistic at trying to dig at people of whom neither are in your scum team.

* Yes I am voting DOS, I want a claim. The alternate choice seems to be a stalled game.
Omega
Omega
Townie
Omega
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:40 am

Post by Omega »

Apologies people.

My keyboard busted out on the 22nd (someone spilled coffee all over it, frazzled the bottom row of letters and the space bar, no idea who)

Today was the first day off I've had since to go buy a new one.

I'll see if I can come up with something even relatively constructive in the next few hours.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:49 am

Post by DragonsofSummer »

I have no reason to claim, and I've explained why I voted for Pete D in more detail already:
DragonsofSummer wrote:I didn't actually even take your joke FoS into account on my vote Glork. I did a reread of the four pages and agreed with the evidence other people had put onto him, and since my vote was random I decided to put it somewhere it was more deserved.
My opinion on this hasn't changed, and whether Glork believes it or not I didn't even think about his "joke" FoS.

This is what happened people voted Pete D, and this made me curious so I went and did a reread with the info they provided in mind. Feeling that it was true I voted Pete D as well. It was just bad timing that it came so close after Glork's FoS. That really is all there is too it. That is also the reason I voted for him based on the reasons of everyone else.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
Zarvok
Zarvok
Townie
Zarvok
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:19 pm

Post by Zarvok »

Well, I'm not really suspicious of DragonsofSummer for two reasons: 1) I just went back and read the thread in detail for the first time in a couple pages, and also came to the conclusion that pete d is probably scum, based largely on glork's explanation of his vote here:
Glork wrote:A) I find it odd that Pete D is accusing SC's posts of being scummy while leaving his (random) vote sitting around on DeanWinchester. Sometimes it's indicative of distancing, sometimes it's indicative of scum going after town, occasinally it's indicative of just bad pro-town play. When you move from "random" to "serious," you should almost always take your vote with you.
B) Pete let off one of my favorite scumtells that MeMe taught me way back in the day. Proposing or taking a bad stance (such as the one FA is taking, I feel) may or may not be scummy. Following someone else's lead on a bad stance (Pete not only agreeing with FA, but attacking SC for his response) is usually scummy.
C) I feel that, as SC pointed out, Pete overstated the "scumminess" of the proxy by calling it "distracting" and "confusing." Distracting from what? Random-Voting? What exactly is confusing about it?

Pete is pinging. Major hard.
These ideas click with me - agreeing with other people's bad logic doesn't sit well. IMHO, it's most likely that FA is town and Pete d is scum. If both were scum, pete d might have been more cautious about following FA, so as not to seem connected. If Pete d were town, he probably would have rejected the bad logic.

Secondly, DoS's post clarifying his vote here:
DragonsofSummer wrote:
Mod I'm voting Pete D right now
I think that if I were scum, I would have done this less abrasively, so as not to arouse suspicion.

So, since Pete D sets off the alarm bells I mentioned, I'm going to
Vote: Pete D
. Maybe one of you guys can clarify where you think I am wrong about DoS? I don't see it, but I am a n00b after all...
pete d
pete d
Goon
pete d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:42 pm

Post by pete d »

unvote, vote: DeanWinchester
his wagon of Dos and attack of Amb and DoS feels to me like he's trying to spread suspicion around. Plus, he provides little reasoning for his wagoning vote.

also
fos: PinkPrincess
I notice she's been posting a reasonable amount and commenting on the slowness of the game, but she hasnt really committed to any strong stance against any player. She seems to be blending into the background a bit.
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:03 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

Um .... Dos and amb have had all the suspicion, except for you. And My reasoning is "hey Look how ridiculusily suspicious they are."
Frozen Atlantic wrote: but um... yeah, I seriously don't like using the "reasons everyone else said" vote when there is a dearth of good reasoning.[/b]
Have you been reading there posts? Dos has so many votes on him because of how scumie everything he post's is.

Pete do you like putting your foot in your mouth and looking suspect at the same time, because you sure do it a lot.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:07 pm

Post by Glork »

Amb is so scum.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:53 pm

Post by Amb »

Amb is not scum.

Pluswhich, how many people are you going to say this about? Your day 1 play isnt exactly pristine yourself Glork.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:54 pm

Post by Amb »

Unvote; Vote DeanWinchester
Pink Princess
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Bloodthirsty Babe

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:56 pm

Post by Pink Princess »

There are so many scums in this game I don't even know what to do.

Amb's play bugs me, I think it's scummy to want to lynch just anyone for any reason and excuse it as the norm for Day One play. His actions follow his logic of just-lynch-anyone, and I don't like it. Dragon's vote on Pete seemed quite opportunistic and follow-y, but his reaction to the pressure makes me feel marginally better.

I'm confused a bit by Dean, I'm happy to hear from the players that have been missing, and Glork makes me laugh.

Pete, what do you mean by a strong stance? Rabid attacks...voting for people... something else? Clarify for me, your fos seems silly.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:13 pm

Post by Glork »

Unvote, Vote: Amb
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:25 pm

Post by Amb »

Bad bad move glork. Trying to be lynching Amb is bad. He even took the initiative on DeanWinchester...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”