Zarvok
Zarvok
Townie
Zarvok
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:58 pm

Post by Zarvok »

StallingChamp wrote:I'll be gone for 24 hours.
You are indeed the champ of stalling
Zarvok
Zarvok
Townie
Zarvok
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (isolation #2) » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:46 am

Post by Zarvok »

Unvote
since we are out of random voting. Sorry I haven't been around - this week has been crazy for me.

Pete d's post looks a little scummy to me, mostly because he misrepresents the facts a little bit, but I don't understand the size of the wagon that immediately developed on him. Could someone explain what makes him so obviously scum? I'm a bit of a newb here, maybe I just don't see it.

Also, Amb's blind following of Glork looks extremely suspicious. Following someone else's vote without suggesting what about their logic you agreed with or even that you thought about the logic behind the vote at all seems scummy.

So,
FOS: Amb, pete d
but I'm not ready to make a vote for either player yet.
Zarvok
Zarvok
Townie
Zarvok
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (isolation #3) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:19 pm

Post by Zarvok »

Well, I'm not really suspicious of DragonsofSummer for two reasons: 1) I just went back and read the thread in detail for the first time in a couple pages, and also came to the conclusion that pete d is probably scum, based largely on glork's explanation of his vote here:
Glork wrote:A) I find it odd that Pete D is accusing SC's posts of being scummy while leaving his (random) vote sitting around on DeanWinchester. Sometimes it's indicative of distancing, sometimes it's indicative of scum going after town, occasinally it's indicative of just bad pro-town play. When you move from "random" to "serious," you should almost always take your vote with you.
B) Pete let off one of my favorite scumtells that MeMe taught me way back in the day. Proposing or taking a bad stance (such as the one FA is taking, I feel) may or may not be scummy. Following someone else's lead on a bad stance (Pete not only agreeing with FA, but attacking SC for his response) is usually scummy.
C) I feel that, as SC pointed out, Pete overstated the "scumminess" of the proxy by calling it "distracting" and "confusing." Distracting from what? Random-Voting? What exactly is confusing about it?

Pete is pinging. Major hard.
These ideas click with me - agreeing with other people's bad logic doesn't sit well. IMHO, it's most likely that FA is town and Pete d is scum. If both were scum, pete d might have been more cautious about following FA, so as not to seem connected. If Pete d were town, he probably would have rejected the bad logic.

Secondly, DoS's post clarifying his vote here:
DragonsofSummer wrote:
Mod I'm voting Pete D right now
I think that if I were scum, I would have done this less abrasively, so as not to arouse suspicion.

So, since Pete D sets off the alarm bells I mentioned, I'm going to
Vote: Pete D
. Maybe one of you guys can clarify where you think I am wrong about DoS? I don't see it, but I am a n00b after all...
Zarvok
Zarvok
Townie
Zarvok
Townie
Townie

Post Post #151 (isolation #4) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:28 pm

Post by Zarvok »

Amb wrote:
Zarvok
- Makes a point about not liking the blind follow as well, but doesnt commit to anything. Has only made 4 posts to date, and thus is lurking. Surely this sort of lying low behaviour is just as scummy!
Sorry about the lurking. Busy life and what have you. Also I haven't really seen anything to make me change my vote
Amb wrote:(They are the 8 people who are on or hanging around my Bandwagon like vultures. Do you think I realistically can know which ones are the true problems and which ones arent?)
Well, you have me on lurking, but hanging around your bandwagon like a vulture? I FOSed you instead of voting for you on page 4 explicitly because I didn't think there was enough evidence to warrant a vote. If I thought that changed, I would have voted for you. Indeed, when I saw the evidence against pete d, I did exactly that. The reason I FOSed you, incidentally, was because when someone follows someone else's logic, it's nice to see them restate which parts they agree with and show they've actually given some thought to it. For me, this gives some hints to who is bandwagonning and who is placing reasoned votes.

I still don't see the case aginst you beyond the initial blind follow (and too many people have done that this game for it to be enough evidence). Glork seems to have way too much control here, and now he's jumping around with little justification, and people still seem to be following. I don't really agree with the way Omega reads your posts, but I can see how someone would think that, so it doesn't strike me as a very scummy play. Yellowbounder's vote strikes me as the worst. Yellowbounder: if you think he seems slightly off, tell us which posts are giving you that flavor. I've been lurking too, but at least when I chime in to vote I provide an explanation.

So, I still feel best about keeping my vote on Pete d, I'm more certain he's scum than anyone else for the reasons I listed way back when I voted for him. But
FOS: Yellowbounder and Glork
. I'm leaving the vote on Pete d for now, but I will probably hop to Yellowbounder tomorrow if he doesn't explain himself, even if just to keep the discussion going.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”