Worst role ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:32 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I have role that is good but at the same time is bad because it is insanly too powerful. I was playing Mafia on IRC and the moment I read it I had delusions of granduer running through my head.

Assassin Jester (sk): You win if you are lynched. You are immune to kills. You kill other players at night. You also win when you are in the final two and there are no other killers.
Abilities: kill

I don't think I could loose outside of being endgamed.

Edit:
The only way I could have lost was via SUPER KILL which does not count as a regular kill but as a kill that even destroys those nk imune. The mafia endgaming or voting me down would have resulted in me still wining. Having a role that is harmful to the town and can kill keeps the game going even when its just you and the mafia.
Last edited by PokerFace on Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:44 pm

Post by Adel »

Facehugger

You are a nasty Alien with players XXXX, YYYY, and ZZZZ. You are an Alien Facehugger. Once per game you may post "
Hug: (target player)
" which will immediately end the day. During any subsequent day or twilight period you may post "
Burst!
" which will result in the death of the hugged player and immediately end the day. After a successful
Burst!
post you will receive the Juvenile Alien role PM, and assume that role. You win when only Aliens remain in the ship.
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:57 pm

Post by Mirth »

Adel wrote:Facehugger

You are a nasty Alien with players XXXX, YYYY, and ZZZZ. You are an Alien Facehugger. Once per game you may post "
Hug: (target player)
" which will immediately end the day. During any subsequent day or twilight period you may post "
Burst!
" which will result in the death of the hugged player and immediately end the day. After a successful
Burst!
post you will receive the Juvenile Alien role PM, and assume that role. You win when only Aliens remain in the ship.
That actually sounds like an awesome role
Booker
Booker
Goon
Booker
Goon
Goon
Location: Pondering if he should actually play Mafia at one point.

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:01 am

Post by Booker »

Sort of instant scum-confirmation, though, particularly if the game is Aliens-themed... Hope "Juvenile Alien" gets a lynch-immunity.
The entire time I was trying to get my voodoo doll to work. The closest I got was slapping someone with it. -Snix, Haunted Mansion 5
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:52 am

Post by Thok »

Booker wrote:Sort of instant scum-confirmation, though, particularly if the game is Aliens-themed... Hope "Juvenile Alien" gets a lynch-immunity.
The role effectively gets two no-lynches and a day kill at any time. It doesn't need a lynch immunity also.

(The best tims to use this role are either when the Face-Hugger is already being bandwagonned or near endgame and in either case scum confirmation isn't really an issue.)
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:09 am

Post by Adel »

I accidentally stumbled across a mechanic I'm interested in developing further -- scum confirmation in exchange for expanded scum power. If townies have limited ammo (one shot or two shot vig) then the interesting aspect of play is determining who uses their shot during the night phase. I made a post in the Theme Test Market where I would like to explore this idea.

An Alien theme game would be pretty cool... BM are you reading this?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:32 am

Post by Mirth »

Thok wrote:
Booker wrote:Sort of instant scum-confirmation, though, particularly if the game is Aliens-themed... Hope "Juvenile Alien" gets a lynch-immunity.
The role effectively gets two no-lynches and a day kill at any time. It doesn't need a lynch immunity also.

(The best tims to use this role are either when the Face-Hugger is already being bandwagonned or near endgame and in either case scum confirmation isn't really an issue.)
Scum confirmation only matters if there is an unlimited vig or more onshot vigs then there are scum. This role could be bastardized a lot more though. If taking out the facehugger after the face hugger latches on to someone also kills their victim, well, then it really doesnt matter.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:33 am

Post by Peers »

Psychotic Jester Lover

You are a Psychotic Jester Lover. You have no special night ability; however, if you are lynched, you will kill whoever has the second-highest number of votes at the time the final vote is cast. If that player also has the PJL role, instead of dying, the two of you kill everyone else in the game and run off into the sunset together. If this happens, you win. If either of you dies and the other survives, you become a Serial Killer.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:33 pm

Post by Primate »

Man who has potato

You may, at any point during the game post

Catch the potato: XXXX
. You will swap roles with the player who you posted as XXXX. He may use this ability immediately after receiving the role.

Town.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:30 pm

Post by BrianMcQueso »

Elephant Hell wrote:You are a
New Father
. I'm having a baby, and it's yours.
:shock:
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:42 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

You are the
Man with the Plan
. Before the game, you may submit 25 pre-constructed phrases to the Mod. These phrases will be numbered in the order received (the first as #1, #2, etc). Any posts made in thread must consist only of quotes, official (bolded) votes/unvotes, and the numbers for phrases which will be edited in by the Mod. Anything else will result in a modkill.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:58 pm

Post by Phate »

That's AWESOME, Nab.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:38 pm

Post by Adel »

You are
Quagmire
-- you refuse to read your role PM, so you don't know your alignment or if you have a role. Feel free to submit names for your possible night action. You have no idea what your win condition is. Have fun and pray you aren't a survivor!
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:04 pm

Post by Primate »

Thok wrote:You are
Quagmire
. You don't read role PM's.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:36 pm

Post by Adel »

Thok wrote:You are
Quagmire
. You don't read role PM's.
oh. Some times I am so full of fail it makes the sweet baby Jesus cry his little tears of compassion..
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:35 pm

Post by BrianMcQueso »

You are
Adel
. See above.
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:46 pm

Post by Nemesis »

You are Sephiroth, since learning how you came to be, you hate everyone. Each night you may submit one name of a player to be killed. If you are targetted for any night action you will kill whoever targetted you. If you are ever lynched you will return to life and summon meteor to kill all those that voted for you. In the day phase you may pm me the name of any of your Sephiroth Clones (X and X) to be lynched, this will end the day phase.

If you feel like throwing a piece of Jenova at someone during the day you may. This will kill them at twilight. You may not throw more than 4 pieces of Jenova during the game and never the same piece twice.

You may use Supernova once in the game, this will stop anyone from posting another other than a Vote or FoS during the day phase.

At night you may create a barrier to keep you away from the rest of the town, this will make you unlynchable. You may not kill anyone once you have created the barrier or in the same night you create the barrier. The barrier's existance will be announced to the town.

During the day you may ask Cloud to do whatever you want at night, there is a 50% chance he will. You will have to bold any requests you make.

[Mod note: Unless Sephiroth is targetted by Cloud at night, the night action will not go through.]

------------

You are Cloud, you don't know who you are or what you are. You have heard Sephiroth is still alive. Each night you may PM me the name of one person you would like to target, if you pick Sephiroth you will kill him. You win when only the town remain alive.

[Mod note: If Cloud targets Sephiroth, they both die.]

------------------------------

And that's how to create a balanced SK in a 50 people theme game.
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=414662#414662]Damnit, Nemesis.[/url]
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:25 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

You are the
actual
Jester
. It's your job to make funny comments in thread. If anybody LOL's, ROFL's, ROFLMAO's, hahahaha's, or does a spit-take in response to one of your posts, you win!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You are the
Drummer
and you got the time. Every night, PM me with a time signiture to be announced the next day. On any given RL day, no player may make more posts than beats in the time signiture for risk of a Modkill. You with with the town.

You are the
Bassist
and you got the key. Submit a key (A-G) via PM every night to be announced the next day. Any player not using the letter of your key (isolated letters don't count) will be modkilled. You win with the town.

You are the
Pianist
and you got the chord quality. Select one quality from the list (minor, major, dominant, augmented, diminished) and PM it to me for a surprise! You win with the town.

[ModNote: Too lazy to come up with corresponding restrictions. Deal]

You are the
Bandleader
and you got the form. Every night, you may select the number of RL days in the form as well as any amount of repeats from 0 to 8. The number of bars in the form will be announced in thread, but not the number of repeats. On the second to last day of any form going into a repeat, yourself and all bandmembers will receive a PM stating "turnaround" indicating that a new form will begin. You win with the town.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:45 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

NabakovNabakov wrote:You are the
actual
Jester
. It's your job to make funny comments in thread. If anybody LOL's, ROFL's, ROFLMAO's, hahahaha's, or does a spit-take in response to one of your posts, you win!
This role would stress me out, even if it shouldn't be that difficult to make it happen just once.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:51 pm

Post by Mirth »

actual
Jester
I cannot help but answer:

Congratulations! You are
Giacomo
, King of Jesters and Jester of Kings, and your wide range skills and talents have been hired by HRM, the benevolent and wonderful Mod of this thread. You are a side-splittingly funny comedian, skilled in the arts of mime, acting, juggling, sword, and dance, a dashing swordsmen (you're secretly an assasin, dontcha know), and one of the most eligible bachelors around in all of Europe. Unfortunatly, unbeknowst to the fair citizens of thread, you're not really Giacomo...you're actually an ex-carnie named Hubert Hawkins (I can see why you just go by your surname), so, while you can do the whole juggling/acrobatics/acting like an idiot bit, you have a long way to go.

But don't worry! That's why we had our very own witch cast a spell on you, to make you think you really are Giacomo. You live for sigh, you die for a kiss and are a master with the shiny sword hanging at your waist. Unfortunately, it's not a very stron mind control spell. Every time someone snaps their fingers in thread (or says Snap), you will alternate between your humble carnie self and the personality of Giacomo.

As Hawkins, you're a regular old fashioned townie and win when all the threats to the town (and the line of succession) are elliminated. As Giacomo, being the world's greatest assassin, you are a directed-kill serial killer/lyncher. When you are Giacomo, the mod will send you your target, who, it is your responsibility to either lynch or nightkill, depending on the phase. (This target will change with every snap of the fingers, just remember that). You win when you're the only one alive. Also there might be some people out to kill you, but you can outsmart them as long as you remember that the pellet with the poison is in the vessel with the pestle, the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true...I think...

*Snap* you are nor Giacomo. Your target is X.

And remember, since you're a jester, you *must* be funny. You will be modkilled if you're not.

Mod Notes: To make this game more *fun*, have a character called Acapella Choir Director, who will constantly be snapping his fingers. If Giacomo/Hawkins dies as Giacomo, he automatically loses.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:21 pm

Post by Oman »

Nab:

You are the
Frontman
and you got the chicks. You don't even write any of the songs, just because you're the frontman, all the women want you. The bassist is out to get you. Lynch him first!
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:32 pm

Post by Mirth »

Oman wrote:Nab:

You are the
Frontman
and you got the chicks. You don't even write any of the songs, just because you're the frontman, all the women want you. The bassist is out to get you. Lynch him first!
That is so not true. Everybody knows all the chicks flock to the drummer. (Though I'm partial to the guy-who-plays-some-random-instrument-like-accordian-or-cello)
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:42 pm

Post by Glork »

Mirth wrote:
actual
Jester

Congratulations! You are
Giacomo

Congratulations! You were poor
Yorick
. Alas, Hamlet knew you.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:13 pm

Post by Mirth »

Glork wrote:
Mirth wrote:
actual
Jester

Congratulations! You are
Giacomo

Congratulations! You were poor
Yorick
. Alas, Hamlet knew you.
That just shot over my head. What does Yorrick have to do with Danny Kaye? (also, I think Hamlet knew him *well* :P)
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:25 pm

Post by Glork »

It was a parody on being a jester, not re: Danny Kaye. :P
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!

Return to “Mafia Discussion”