Worst role ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:25 pm

Post by Glork »

It was a parody on being a jester, not re: Danny Kaye. :P
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
CornerMan
CornerMan
Townie
CornerMan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:05 pm

Post by CornerMan »

You're the PS3, and no one loves you. Should someone say the name of any other next-gen console, you die. You win with the town.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:54 am

Post by Peers »

Hate to bring politics into it.... but...

You are
Ron Paul
. If this game is being played online, the first person to vote for you each day will be shouted down by your thousands of internet fans; their vote will not count for that day, even if they change it. If this game is being played in meatspace, you may not speak as everyone will ignore you anyway. You win when you are are the last candidate standing.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:03 am

Post by gorckat »

You are
No Thumbs Person
. You have no thumbs, which makes it hard to tie knots, handle rope and pull the trigger on the .38 caliber gun you carry. You may vote, but any person you are voting for will need an additional vote to be lynched. If your vote would normally be "the hammer", the day will end with No-Lynch while everyone fusses with the rope and the sun sets.

You win with the town.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:16 am

Post by kuribo »

You are
lame
. I hope they lynch you, loser.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:22 pm

Post by Niv »

gorckat wrote:You are
No Thumbs Person
. You have no thumbs, which makes it hard to tie knots, handle rope and pull the trigger on the .38 caliber gun you carry. You may vote, but any person you are voting for will need an additional vote to be lynched. If your vote would normally be "the hammer", the day will end with No-Lynch while everyone fusses with the rope and the sun sets.

You win with the town.
i'd almst use that in a game as a substute for a voteless townie. cool role, also adds survuvability due to him trying to self ltnch;-)
It's never too late to dig yourself out of a hole with the truth, unless you've been investigated as scum. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened yet. So get to work helping us track down your fellow dirtbags! ~ MBL
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:17 pm

Post by IH »

Your Mom

You're the butt of every joke.

Whos butt? YOUR MOM'S!

Eww grandma butt.

You win if nobody uses a "your mom" joke. If someone does use one, you must answer promptly with "Ur Face!" or you will be modkilled.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:41 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

thats not a bad role, thats just a dumb role. LIKE YOUR MOM.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:12 am

Post by Peers »

Hrm...

You are the
CSI Medical Examiner
. Whenever someone dies in the town, you're the one who does the autopsy and gives everyone the result.

Town Variation: As long as you are alive, every dead body will be listed with the owner's alignment and the alignment of whoever killed him. If you are dead, this information will not be given.

Mafia Variation: If you are not used to make the Mafia's kill, anyone killed until the next night phase will be revealed to be of Town alignment. When you are killed, the town will find proof that you forged the autopsy results and be told which of the dead players were not Town.
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:34 am

Post by Maz Medias »

Mirth wrote:
Glork wrote:
Mirth wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:You are the
actual
Jester
. It's your job to make funny comments in thread. If anybody LOL's, ROFL's, ROFLMAO's, hahahaha's, or does a spit-take in response to one of your posts, you win!
I cannot help but answer:

Congratulations! You are
Giacomo
I cannot help but answer:

Congratulations! You were poor
Yorick
. Alas, Hamlet knew you.
That just shot over my head. What does Yorrick have to do with Danny Kaye? (also, I think Hamlet knew him *well* :P)
"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio."
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:37 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

"In AMERICA"
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:22 am

Post by shaft.ed »

You are a
Republican Senator
. Congratulations you have successfully obstructed more legislation in one year than any other session of Congress has in it's full two year term. If your vote is ever part of a lynch that goes through you will be mod-killed. You win if the town No Lynch's on any given day.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:55 pm

Post by Peers »

You are
Boardwalk with four houses and a hotel
. Your rent is insanely high and often forces people into bankruptcy. The first time you are lynched, everyone who voted for you loses their vote the next day and you are not killed. You may communicate with Park Place during the night.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:03 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

shaft.ed wrote:You are a
Republican Senator
. Congratulations you have successfully obstructed more legislation in one year than any other session of Congress has in it's full two year term. If your vote is ever part of a lynch that goes through you will be mod-killed. You win if the town No Lynch's on any given day.
They should be given all odd days off. This makes it much more realistic.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Dark Ermac
Dark Ermac
Townie
Dark Ermac
Townie
Townie

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:10 am

Post by Dark Ermac »

You are the
animal
. Every night you fall asleep and are unaffected by night kills. You win with the town.

Mod Note: Every night, the animal automatically kills a random person, stated the next day as being someone "mysterious". The townies all have a small statement at the end of their role PMs saying something about watching out for the animal, as well as a randomly chosen name. This randomly chosen name will be the person that dies "randomly", depending on the order of the players. In this case, whoever is player 1 will recieve a name of someone who will die on Night 1, and the last player on the list will have the name of the animal instead. If the animal's target of the night dies or is protected, he'll skip over them and target the next player. Despite this, he is in fact town, but can achieve an independent victory if he's the sole survivor.
Monday: I went drinking with the Poles.
Tuesday: I think I'm going to die.
Wednesday: I went drinking with the Poles again.
Thursday: Why the hell didn't I die on Tuesday?
Dark Ermac
Dark Ermac
Townie
Dark Ermac
Townie
Townie

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:11 am

Post by Dark Ermac »

You are the
animal
. Every night you fall asleep and are unaffected by night kills. You win with the town.

Mod Note: Every night, the animal automatically kills a random person, stated the next day as being someone "mysterious". The townies all have a small statement at the end of their role PMs saying something about watching out for the animal, as well as a randomly chosen name. This randomly chosen name will be the person that dies "randomly", depending on the order of the players. In this case, whoever is player 1 will recieve a name of someone who will die on Night 1, and the last player on the list will have the name of the animal instead. If the animal's target of the night dies or is protected, he'll skip over them and target the next player. Despite this, he is in fact town, but can achieve an independent victory if he's the sole survivor.
Monday: I went drinking with the Poles.
Tuesday: I think I'm going to die.
Wednesday: I went drinking with the Poles again.
Thursday: Why the hell didn't I die on Tuesday?
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:50 am

Post by skitzer »

You are a
fluffy kitty
. Everyone loves you. You won't be lynched, but you'll probably be NKed. You win with any faction.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:13 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Dark Ermac wrote:You are the
animal

I want this role.
Nekka-Lucifer
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Townsperson

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:16 am

Post by Nekka-Lucifer »

You are a Copycat. Each night you may send me the name of a player and you will be told their power. Then you may re-send me a name of who to use the power on. They will remain unknown about the Copying. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
GUESS WHO'S BACK?

Not me...
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:53 am

Post by Mirth »

shaft.ed wrote:You are a
Republican Senator
I'm tempted to respond with a not-nice role about Democrats, but I prefer to keep my politics in my pants.

Instead:

Congratulations! You are
Scuzzy
. That little ball/cat thing that Hexedecimal owns. You can't really do much. (You have no night actions, and are not allowed to vote. You're only allowed to speak in a computer language of your choice, that you have to clear with the mod first.) You win when you avoid being turned into a null by either one of Hex's insane moodswings, a game cube, or Megabyte.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:01 am

Post by PokerFace »

xyzzy wrote:
Dark Ermac wrote:You are the
animal

I want this role.
me too
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:08 am

Post by Adel »

You are
The Editor

You are able to edit any post in the thread, other than the moderator's. You can change votes, delete posts, ect... You are modkilled if any player posts something to the effect of "fuck it, why don't you just write all of my posts for me". You win with the town.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:27 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Nekka-Lucifer wrote:You are a Copycat. Each night you may send me the name of a player and you will be told their power. Then you may re-send me a name of who to use the power on. They will remain unknown about the Copying. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
That's not a bad role, asides from the fact it is quite powerful.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:11 pm

Post by Peers »

Here's one that I used in a power-heavy game:

You are the
VooDoo Queen
. Each night, you may pick two targets: One live, one dead. If the dead target has a night power, you will use it on the living target. You won't be told what the power is; you'll have to figure it out from what happens. Oh, but you can only use each dead person once.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:44 am

Post by skitzer »

You are a
stinky skunk
. Everyone hates you. You won't be NKed, but you'll probably be lynched. You just don't win.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”