Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:16 am

Post by Nai »

Cadre, as I already suggested, did you not think that maybe Shadowlurker was being sarcastic and making fun of you in his 'you must be scum' post? I took it as sarcasm the instant I saw it, making un of your playstyle. I think you're taking this a bit too seriously, basing a 'I think he's scum and I'm not going to think otherwise until he's dead' feeling on, what, five posts? Most of which, as you admitted, are spam?
Cadre
Cadre
Goon
Cadre
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:23 am

Post by Cadre »

My gut feelings usually develop early in the game towards one or two people. Later in the game they don't show up so much, that's when you can rely on more then just hunches and bias to out someone. I don't like random voting because it supports the tom-foolery stage of the game, which I don't really like. it severely weakens the game play on the first day because when everyone is all stupided out and you have to sift through three or four pages of crap to get things rolling again...
Cadre
Cadre
Goon
Cadre
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:31 am

Post by Cadre »

Nai, how in the hell were you able to tell his first post against me was sarcastic? You must be psychic or something because we're on a freaking forum, and theres no way to type in a sarcastic tone...

And ya I do take thing's rather seriously. Too seriously? maybe, but their no use in debating how I live my life and how it reflects my actions...
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:33 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

Guys by my last check, it's page 3. Maybe you guys should be taking things more at face value in this stage of the game and not looking too deep into things.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
Lucresia
Lucresia
Goon
Lucresia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:42 am

Post by Lucresia »

A big FOS goes out to both: Rastapopolous and Chamber

As far as I can see, chamber seems to have confirmed via pm and hasnt posted yet and even more suspicious is Rastapopolous who was the second to confirm in this thread, however hasn't posted a thing since the game started.

Are you guys waiting for something? Night perhaps? No ties to killing any innocents during the day? Or just planning on hopping on a bandwagon later? hmm. interesting to ponder.
[b]"and All anybody knows is you're not like them..."[/b]

- Elliott Smith
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:01 am

Post by Nai »

Cadre wrote:From what I've seen so far, Shadow is most likely scum. I know it's only been two pages but I've got a gut feeling he's gonna end up with an anti-town role. I'm not gonna vote yet though, I'd like to confirm that feeling first...
ShadowLurker wrote:Cadre is definitely scum for not random voting and only mentioning one person in his first post.
I don't know, Cadre. Call it a gut instinct. Or maybe the fact that I can't see any way you could possibly look at that post that could make it make sense and NOT be sarcasm?
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
Does not play well with others
LyingBrian

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:32 am

Post by LyingBrian »

@Cadre

- Post #51
unfortunately, right now, we don't have any nightkill or any other type of information besides the setup of the game on which to form a lynch-wagon, random voting is used to get the game rolling and also used to see how different people react to bandwagons, etc. i understand you don't like this, and i respect your opinion, so i'll drop the subject as any further discussion should probably take place in the 'Mafia Discussion' forum

concerning your "gut feeling" that ShadowLurker is scum, i understand that you may have a feeling that this is so, but honestly, you have neither established an excellent track record (2/12 is slightly impressive, but only such), nor an excellent case against ShadowLurker (i think everybody would be foolish to follow your lead based on your "gut feeling")... if after a while ShadowLurker is still showing scumminess (voting patterns, posting habits, night information, etc.), then i'll listen to a case at that time, but right now i don't see a case...

- Post #52
ShadowLurker wrote:Cadre is definitely scum for not random voting and only mentioning one person in his first post.
i second Nai's opinion that the above statement is clearly sarcastic, especially when a player suggests it might be so... i highly doubt ShadowLurker thinks either of those 2 points are good indicators of finding scum. i also think you're taking this a little too personally... this is a game after all, and you don't sound like you're having fun...

@ShadowLurker

- Post #53
this actually raised a flag when i read it... are you trying to diminish the ruckus Cadre is raising b/c he is right? right now i think you're suspicious, but probably just playing around... keep posting like this, and Cadre won't have a hard time convincing me... if you posted anything more than one-liners then we might have something to talk about...

while i don't like lurkers, it has only been 30 hours since the day started, so i don't think Rastapopolous & Chamber are suspicious at this point... i wish we could search all posts by user, but that's a different thread, and we can't, so...
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:59 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

LyingBrian wrote:@ShadowLurker

- Post #53
this actually raised a flag when i read it... are you trying to diminish the ruckus Cadre is raising b/c he is right? right now i think you're suspicious, but probably just playing around... keep posting like this, and Cadre won't have a hard time convincing me... if you posted anything more than one-liners then we might have something to talk about...
I'm merely saying we shouldn't be looking to far into things as we have not really anything of substance other than reactions to a few posts of silliness I did to generate discussion. I also find people being wary of bandwagons suspicious. If someone doesn't try to start a bandwagon, then we will never move anywhere as someone being scummy isn't going to fall out of the sky. I took the initiative to move the game beyond the random vote stage by trying to form a bandwagon so we can actually have real arguments. Regarding your one liner statement, once again, it is page 3, some people have not even checked in yet, there is not much to respond to as I can't really argue against the principle and whether people believe it is a good idea to generate discussion in that particular manner but the point is that it has accomplished its goal and I am going to actually take the game a bit more seriously from now on.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:09 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Lucresia wrote:

As far as I can see, chamber seems to have confirmed via pm and hasnt posted yet and even more suspicious is Rastapopolous who was the second to confirm in this thread, however hasn't posted a thing since the game started.

Are you guys waiting for something? Night perhaps? No ties to killing any innocents during the day? Or just planning on hopping on a bandwagon later? hmm. interesting to ponder.
You have obviously never played with chamber before.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:59 am

Post by chamber »

Thestatusquo wrote:
Lucresia wrote:

Whats that suposed to mean??
Taking a break from the site.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:04 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

chamber wrote:
Thestatusquo wrote:
Lucresia wrote:

You lurk a lot?
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:07 pm

Post by chamber »

ShadowLurker wrote:
chamber wrote:
Thestatusquo wrote:
Lucresia wrote:

You lurk a lot?
Totally depends on the game.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:09 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Day one, unless you're attacking me, you're lurking.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:13 pm

Post by chamber »

Thestatusquo wrote:Day one, unless you're attacking me, you're lurking.
Thats totaly not true.
vote: lyingbrian
see. Pretty sure hes scum.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:16 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

lol. Chamber is playing on tilt.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:30 pm

Post by chamber »

Thestatusquo wrote:lol. Chamber is playing on tilt.
Tilt?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:31 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

wiki it ASSHOLE.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:32 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

chamber wrote:
Thestatusquo wrote:lol. Chamber is playing on tilt.
Tilt?
It's a poker term for when someone is angry and not playing well or rationally because of their angriness like after they've lost a big pot after playing it perfectly.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:36 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

@ShadowLurker

- Post #57
ShadowLurker wrote:I'm merely saying we shouldn't be looking to far into things as we have not really anything of substance other than reactions to a few posts of silliness I did to generate discussion. I also find people being wary of bandwagons suspicious. If someone doesn't try to start a bandwagon, then we will never move anywhere as someone being scummy isn't going to fall out of the sky. I took the initiative to move the game beyond the random vote stage by trying to form a bandwagon so we can actually have real arguments. Regarding your one liner statement, once again, it is page 3, some people have not even checked in yet, there is not much to respond to as I can't really argue against the principle and whether people believe it is a good idea to generate discussion in that particular manner but the point is that it has accomplished its goal and I am going to actually take the game a bit more seriously from now on.
fair enough...

@chamber

- Post # 63
chamber wrote:Pretty sure hes scum.
that's a pretty easy statement to make w/o backing it up...

pretty sure Thestatusquo is on tilt, too :lol:
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:40 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'm always on tilt.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:09 pm

Post by chamber »

LyingBrian wrote: @chamber

- Post # 63
chamber wrote:Pretty sure hes scum.
that's a pretty easy statement to make w/o backing it up...
backing.. it.. up?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:20 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Chamber...Back something up?
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:37 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

chamber thinks reasons are scummy.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:50 pm

Post by chamber »

ShadowLurker wrote:chamber thinks reasons are scummy.
no, I think
stating
reasons is scummy.
KingPin
KingPin
Goon
KingPin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:19 pm

Post by KingPin »

Nai wrote:I wouldn't call this a bandwagon, with only two votes. It's interesting that KingPin called it as much, though I know he was following StatusQuo. Regardless, it's something to go off of.
Thank you for answering your own question. Yes, I called it a bandwagon, though I didn't use quotes.
lyingbrian wrote:FOS: KingPin - Post #23 - if you're suspicious of Shadowlurker, why not vote for him, especially this early in the game?
Well, I just didn't feel like a vote was necessary at that time.

I do find that Shadowlurker is very suspicious right now. Shadow seems to be playing reckless. Sarcasm is difficult to read, unless it is labeled as such.
I also think that if switching votes rather quickly is supposed to be "scummy" (notice the use of quotes!) especially when it happens quickly and while "endorsing" the first player to vote for the "target." Example:
shadowlurker wrote:I trust friday's scum hunting abilities here.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”