Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:42 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Howdy, all! Let’s see if I can’t catch a scum or two. I have skimmed the thread before, so here are a few things I noticed.

Firstly, the MBL wagon was pretty hilarious. The people I got the weirdest vibes from on the wagon were Bird1111, Glork, and InHimShallIBe. Bird1111 for setting up the hammer (and then quietly unvoting when the wagon began wobbling), Glork for calling for the hammer, and InHim for
resetting
up the hammer after Ibby had unvoted. It would seriously be a pretty big waste of a day for Day One to be approximately one page long, even if MrBuddyLee turns out to be scum. The more talking, the more I (and others) can extract from the thread, and the more I can get a feel on all of the players in the game. Ending the day in one page is
horrible
play,
especially
in a large game, and I find it disturbing that some players seriously pondered that thought.

Of note: yes, Glork can be quite erratic in games, especially the outset of games. But there is a difference between erratic and stupid. In my opinion, Glork was being entirely stupid.
Glork, post 205 wrote:The only person I could have *really* actually imagined hammering you before somebody unvoted would have been Fritzler.
But Fritz was already on your wagon, so that wasn't going to happen. Pooky, CES, Glork, Fritz -- the four people I consider to be the most likely to do something ridiculous just for kicks -- were all on the wagon at that point.
There was little chance that you were *actually* going to die. Although I would have been quite amused had it happened.
As it happens, this statement is actually false. The people on MBL’s wagon were (in order): Twito, Ibaesha, Glork, Fritzler, Klebian, Nightson, Cogito Ergo Sum, Bird1111, [Ibby unvotes], InHimShallIBe. If I recall correctly, Pooky was on the original wagon before posts were deleted, but he was not on the ‘actual’ game wagon, so he could have easily hammered. I account this mistake more to sloppiness than to scumminess, however.

Another example of Glork not paying attention is:
Glork, Post 153 wrote:What's your point, StD?
Glork not noticing that StD was responding to InHim’s post 147 is confirming my thoughts that Glork has just been extremely sloppy this game.

Nightson’s posts throughout the game have made very little sense to me, and the interactions between Glork and Nightson (as Ibby already pointed out) make even less sense. I can believe that Glork made a mistake between Bogre and Nightson, but by that same token, I know that if
I
had made such a stupid mistake, Glork probably would have pressed me on it pretty hard. Not remembering who you are voting usually pings the scum-o-meter for me, since townspeople
should
be putting some thought into their votes, whereas scum tend to not put as much thought into votes.

This is the fourth example of stupidity/sloppiness on behalf of Glork. He seriously needs to get his act together.

And wow, I can’t believe nobody hit on this post:
Nightson, Post 176 wrote:
bird1111 wrote:I'm here, and am still wondering why there are votes on Glork for normal early day 1 behavior.
You're getting the most votes and this is all you have to say? Newsflash, Glork only has half the votes you do.
vote: bird
And now he's got slightly less then half.

Inhim I don't find suspicious.

Still kinda suspicious of StD, but not enough for a vote right now.
Big FoS: Nightson

Is nobody reading the thread before they post? At the time Bird1111 made the quoted post, he had
one vote
, and that was from Twito. It was as a
result
of that post that he garnered votes. This post is screaming to me that Nightson was trying to find a reason to vote for Bird1111, and in doing so, he managed to quote Bird completely out of context so his vote would look justified, while also throwing suspicion on Bird.

Reading, reading…

I do not like InHim’s change of vote from MBL to Bird1111, accompanied with “HAPPY?” As Glork notes, it does have a very deadline-lynch vibe to it.

Thought I had one other note… ah.
Klebian, Post 64 wrote: I don't really get why all these votes are on me, now. One random qft because I thought that his post made a lot of sense and I agreed with it totally and now I have 3 votes. Strange.
I don’t like this post either: it seems way too worried about very few votes too early in the game. As it were, I would suggest reading all of klebian’s posts in isolation: I don’t like
any
of them. He has simply followed the two biggest wagons of the game (MrBuddyLee and Bird1111), has not given any reasoning of his own, and seems to be fading into the background far too much for my liking.

So, let me review my own post…

Suspicious

Nightson
Klebian
InHimShallIBe
Bird1111

In the Corner Wearing a Dunce Cap

Glork

Unvote: Glork, Vote: Nightson
. His play overall has been confusing, his votes have been coming at odd junctures, he seems to be trying to stay out of the forefront of discussion, and his ‘justification’ for his Bird1111 vote was completely incorrect. Seeing as three of the four people I find suspicious are voting for the fourth, although I didn’t like Bird1111’s play, I am much more concerned with the composition of the players on his wagon.

PPE: I <3 you too, Glork.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:57 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

... Oh, for goodness' sake.

Unvote: Nightson
. For as much as I call Glork out for being sloppy, my quote of Nightson was also sloppy. I had thought Nightson was quoting Bird's post 130, I didn't even see post 164. *grumbles* This is why people need to include post numbers when they quote things.

This doesn't mean I suddenly approve of Nightson, mind you, but it does mean my biggest bone with him was due to me reading through the game too quickly. I'll try Door Number Two, then.
Vote: Klebian

... and now I just realized the deadline is one day. I feel totally ineffectual. :(
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:39 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Suspicious

Nightson
Klebian
InHimShallIBe
Bird1111
Vote: Klebian.

... and now I just realized the deadline is one day. I feel totally ineffectual.
???

Vote for bird then, you goob.

- alas, no HAMMAH! is sad indeed... but with my most important final coming up this Saturday, I don't know if I'll be paying all that much attention in the remaining deadline time.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:57 am

Post by Fritzler »

pj, plz hammah

thx
Surfs up dude.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:15 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

inHimshallibe wrote:Vote for bird then, you goob.
yeah, seriously. You're such a goob. Always goobin' around, doing goobish things...

A vote for bird is a vote for progress.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:35 am

Post by Glork »

Believe it or not, PJ, I can actually explain both of the issues you semem to have with me being "stupid." :P
petroleumjelly wrote:
Glork, post 205 wrote:The only person I could have *really* actually imagined hammering you before somebody unvoted would have been Fritzler.
But Fritz was already on your wagon, so that wasn't going to happen. Pooky, CES, Glork, Fritz -- the four people I consider to be the most likely to do something ridiculous just for kicks -- were all on the wagon at that point.
There was little chance that you were *actually* going to die. Although I would have been quite amused had it happened.
As it happens, this statement is actually false. The people on MBL’s wagon were (in order): Twito, Ibaesha, Glork, Fritzler, Klebian, Nightson, Cogito Ergo Sum, Bird1111, [Ibby unvotes], InHimShallIBe. If I recall correctly, Pooky was on the original wagon before posts were deleted, but he was not on the ‘actual’ game wagon, so he could have easily hammered. I account this mistake more to sloppiness than to scumminess, however.
In Post 186, Pooky asked where that "sweet MBL wagon" was. I erroneously assumed that Pooky had been on the wagon and, as you said, Pooky was on the original wagon. I got a bit mixed up. I've already explained why that was the case.
PJ wrote:
Glork, Post 153 wrote:What's your point, StD?
Glork not noticing that StD was responding to InHim’s post 147 is confirming my thoughts that Glork has just been extremely sloppy this game.
Actually, in this case I simply wanted StD to post his thoughts to completion. StD was voting for Bird while attacking inHim for placing his vote before making his case via "Translating" inHim's post. I wanted StD to give more indication as to whether he's accusing inHim of being scum based on that behavior, or if he's just throwing his tendrils all over the place. I never really got an elaboration, which was kinda disappointing.

PJ wrote:And wow, I can’t believe nobody hit on this post:
Nightson, Post 176 wrote:
bird1111 wrote:I'm here, and am still wondering why there are votes on Glork for normal early day 1 behavior.
You're getting the most votes and this is all you have to say? Newsflash, Glork only has half the votes you do.
And now he's got slightly less then half.

Inhim I don't find suspicious.

Still kinda suspicious of StD, but not enough for a vote right now.
Big FoS: Nightson

Is nobody reading the thread before they post? At the time Bird1111 made the quoted post, he had
one vote
, and that was from Twito. It was as a
result
of that post that he garnered votes. This post is screaming to me that Nightson was trying to find a reason to vote for Bird1111, and in doing so, he managed to quote Bird completely out of context so his vote would look justified, while also throwing suspicion on Bird.
I did (hit on Nightson's post). See my Post 258. I'm pretty much waiting on some kind of response from Nightson, though I really wouldn't mind seeing him wagoned to death in the next 48 hours.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:02 am

Post by Twito »

PJ why are you not suspecting me? Are you feeling ok?

Bird hunting season is ending it's time to finish up.
Show
[color=blue]We are all innocent townies and the mod is an evil bastard laughing at us lynching eachother![/color]
I'm at M├â┬®xico as an exhange student and abit inactive.

thesheamuffin: I'm off to masterbate
Uber Timmy: CAN YOU PLAY ONE HANDED
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:24 am

Post by Glork »

If it really comes to it, I'll hammer Bird on deadline day. Info >>> Not Info.

I still think MBL, Nightson, maybe even Cardinal Ibelly is a better play, though.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:44 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

MBL has been out there looking for scum. All alone I might add.

At least until PJ showed up. <3

I'd take a Nightson, Glork or inHim lynch at this point. Their reckless play doesn't really seem to bear a concern in the least for hitting scum instead of town. There are many other people who need to contribute, but they can hide behind the veil of site outages so meh.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:04 pm

Post by klebian »

Can we at least have a prod on bird? He's at -1 and hasn't posted for quite a while, but he's active on other places here. Perhaps he forgot about the game. He shouldn't be hammered without being at least given a chance to POST.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:07 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

To respond to those people asking me to vote for Bird1111:
PJ wrote:Seeing as three of the four people I find suspicious are voting for the fourth, although I didn’t like Bird1111’s play, I am much more concerned with the composition of the players on his wagon.
If there are no other reasonable alternatives by Friday morning, I may indeed vote Bird1111, but I would rather poke at some other people while I still have the chance. I also note that Glork, MBL, and I all have Nightson on our list.

Unvote: Klebian, Vote: Nightson
. Perhaps we can get something going.

I too would suggest a claim from Bird1111 at this time, considering the placement of the deadline, although he should simultaneously give a defense/response to those people voting for him. I would much rather him defend before even considering claiming, but that does not seem possible here.

Oh, and <3 MBL.
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:22 pm

Post by Nightson »

did (hit on Nightson's post). See my Post 258. I'm pretty much waiting on some kind of response from Nightson, though I really wouldn't mind seeing him wagoned to death in the next 48 hours.
Try post #260, it's some kind of response at least.
"Faust complained about having two souls in his breast, but I harbor a whole crowd of them and they quarrel. It is like being in a republic." ~Otto von Bismarck
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:35 pm

Post by klebian »

Yay for glork's not paying attention again.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:09 pm

Post by Glork »

klebian wrote:Yay for glork's not paying attention again.
Question: Did you read my response to PJ, or are you just going along with the notion that I didn't pay attention?

If you
did
read my response, do you still think I was being dumb? What led you to that conclusion? If you don't think I was still being dumb, why did you post this response?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:51 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Vote Count

bird1111: 8 (Twito, STD, Sarcastro, CES, Fritzler, klebian, Phoebus, inHimshallibe)
MrBuddyLee: 3 (Glork, Pooky, Nightson)
Glork: 1 (MBL)
Phoebus: 1 (Bogre)
Nightson: 1 (petroleumjelly)

Nine to throw someone out of the airlock.

24 hours, 39 minutes until deadline.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:12 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Zindaras replaces Sarcastro. His vote stays on bird1111.

17 hours, 18 minutes until deadline.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:40 am

Post by Glork »

petroleumjelly wrote:Oh, and <3 MBL.
Scumbuddies.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:54 am

Post by Zindaras »

Unvote
. No time to re-read now, will re-read before deadline.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:49 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Zind, you can start with putting that vote back. We needs it.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:30 am

Post by Twito »

Zindaras wrote:
Unvote
. No time to re-read now, will re-read before deadline.
Gives me the feeling of having vote on scumbuddy and noticing that throw under the bus manover isn't necassery.
Show
[color=blue]We are all innocent townies and the mod is an evil bastard laughing at us lynching eachother![/color]

Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:53 am

Post by Zindaras »

Huh? I want to re-read and be able to actually post, not suddenly have bird hammered and find myself in Night.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:40 am

Post by Zindaras »

Okay, that was a pretty quick re-read.

We started off with an odd bandwagon on MBL. I find bird's, CES's and inHim's votes to be oddest. Bird then tried to slip out of it without too much fuss, and inHim's just acting really odd.

Klebian's QFT post was a bit odd as well, and it gave him a notch up on the ol' scum-meter.

I've noted that in Post 80, Phoebus votes my predecessor, which I found rather odd.

In post 99, StD voted Glork for his behaviour, which I also find odd. While Glork's behaviour may have been silly or even just outright stupid, I've come to expect that of him.

Nightson has been behaving very oddly all game. I don't see where he's coming from. At all. I'll admit I haven't played with Nightson a lot, but this isn't how my memory says he usually plays.

While I found bird's behaviour to be quite scummy, I believe the 'wagon against him is probably scum-driven.

So I'll go ahead and
Vote: Nightson
, as I find the birdwagon to be reeking of gorillas.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:40 am

Post by Twito »

Zindaras wrote:Huh? I want to re-read and be able to actually post, not suddenly have bird hammered and find myself in Night.
Well you still have time. Make up your mind.
Imo lynch is better than no lynch. And bird seems to be scum on top of that.
Show

Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:46 am

Post by Zindaras »

Twito wrote:
Zindaras wrote:Huh? I want to re-read and be able to actually post, not suddenly have bird hammered and find myself in Night.
Well you still have time. Make up your mind.
Imo lynch is better than no lynch. And bird seems to be scum on top of that.
*goes to reread the rules*

Ah.

Sorry, I didn't know that, in the event of no majority at deadline, we would get a no lynch. I'm not used to that rule. Well, as you say, any lynch is better than no lynch, and it doesn't look like we'll be getting rid of Nightson, so
Unvote, Vote: bird
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:47 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

New Page Vote Count

bird1111: 8 (Twito, STD, CES, Fritzler, klebian, Phoebus, inHimshallibe, Zindaras)
MrBuddyLee: 3 (Glork, Pooky, Nightson)
Glork: 1 (MBL)
Phoebus: 1 (Bogre)
Nightson: 1 (petroleumjelly)

Nine to throw someone out of the airlock.

13 hours, 43 minutes until deadline.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”