BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:31 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 486, Kagami wrote:plum, I have to think about it. I still think the certainty, certain enough to know that he's not being extremely offensive to someone, is unwarranted. I would have to be near 100% certain before I would say something like that. In no public conversation does he do anything like telling someone their modding is gamebreakingly bad.
Here's the problem with your logic:

I'm an asshole.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:33 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 500, Paschendale wrote:So make a decent case on Pie.
I did.

And I don't want to anymore because F-16 and Kagami are better leads now.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:37 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 517, Tammy wrote:Bro - did you really make four posts to respond to Brian Skies' one post in several points? I mean I get that I tend to mult-post and spam, but really?

Also, there's something I've been meaning to ask you since the other night. You mentioned me not being here and how that was problematic, even thought the game hadn't been going on long, and that I would be a good person to push to see how it panned out. How come you didn't push it? And were you satisfied with what I posted that night that you didn't feel the need to bring it up again?
1) Fuck walls. Quote strips are anti-town.

2) I was busy with Pie+defending myself; that's why I threw it out there for someone else to undertake. Now I'm catching up+dealing with F-16/Kagami. If I have time/energy once I'm caught up I'll look for things to prod.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:39 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 519, Tammy wrote:Your pick for scum team is pieguyn/falcon/paschendale then?
As of the time of the post you quoted, I was thinking Pasch/Pie/X. Falcon didn't strike me as fitting in b/c one common response from scum getting run up is to try to split votes between two townies and diffuse pressure. Then Falcon came in and convinced me he's scum, and Kagami tipped her hand with her timing attack. Pasch-scum doesn't work in there for the same reason.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:41 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 520, Tammy wrote:Oh. My. Gods.

Brosdeidon might be town. But infuriating. Though Town. I'll have to read a scum game of his to see if he also plays like this as scum, but he's reminding me of his self-righteously I'm right self that he did in Anything Goes. And you know what? The scum tell on Falcon is not a scum tell. And it doesn't make Dan town because he happened to notice that Falcon dropped a line of questioning early game. Like ffs, picking up on dropping a line of questioning is the most superficially easy thing you can do as scum and push it. Why? Because it's in thread and it doesn't cost you a thing. You don't have to go why, as town should, did he drop his line of questioning, you just get to point out that it's there and hidey ho you've got an in thread provable scum tell that makes you look like you're scumhunting.

Broseidon should be probing deeper and so should Dan.
>:C
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:42 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 524, Tammy wrote:
In post 477, BROseidon wrote: I'll be back tomorrow. Kagami+F-16 make me want to punch a kitten.
*hugs my kitten for compensation*
I didn't punch any kittens.

Although that may be because I wasn't near any kittens more than any form of self-restraint.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:44 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 533, Bert wrote:Looking at this on my phone.

Bro's tone is so arrogant thus far, like that of a prick, such that the noise makes it hard to absorb and listen to Hard to look past that and see how he can be town by the way he went at it with Falcon et al

I played in Elyse's Fire and Ice with Paschendale as town, and I thought he was scum the entire time. Lol...

More thoughts later
Hey Bert,

My "noise" stalled out my mislynch in Xenogears for 4 days, while lynching scum 3 of those days. I'm often more lucid when I'm raging.

So fuck off.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:57 am

Post by BROseidon »

Looking to build some potential scum teams here:

F-16/Kagami/X still looks most likely to me. I'm having a hard time thinking about what to put in X, though. Probably wouldn't be Muffin, based on his back off of me. Nor does Kaze there. Pie would make sense. Maybe also someone who just stayed off the Me/F-16 thing either intentionally or b/c they weren't around? That could work.

If Pasch is scum, Pasch/Pie/Muffin team makes sense, except for the fact that that would make the F-16 wagon entirely town driven, AND muffin would have chosen not to take an opportunity to push my mislynch through. So maybe like Pasch/Pie/{Myk/AD/Kaze/BS}. Haven't looked into it too much since I'm not particularly interested right now, so I want input on that from everyone who thinks Pasch is scum.

Tammy and Plum are my only "strong" town reads. Muffin is a bit weaker, but he doesn't make sense as scum except for his hard-defense of Pasch (which as a lone reason to scum read someone is weak. Everyone else is still a relatively unconfident read, even though I have biases in certain directions (like thinking AD is relatively unlikely to be scum)
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:04 am

Post by BROseidon »

Okay Tammy I just went through your ISO.

The content that's there all looks more like the town-you that I've seen. The recent activity also points towards you not trying to hide; your overall post count is higher than I thought it was, too, which is reassuring.

I'll probably re-ISO you every few days, +/- a bit based on energy/how this game and other games move/etc.
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:06 am

Post by Bert »

In post 581, BROseidon wrote:So fuck off.
Please don't direct f-bombs at me.
pitoli
pitoli
Mafia Scum
pitoli
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:07 pm

Post by pitoli »

The appropriate individuals have been prodded for inactivity.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2014-01-16 00:00:00)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:57 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

As a heads up, I am going to be hydra-ing with Mastin2, i.e. a hydra of me and Mastin2 (Mafia Theory) will replace me.

Looking forward to posting a shit-ton of analysis tonight.
Mafia Theory
Mafia Theory
Townie
Mafia Theory
Townie
Townie

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:05 pm

Post by Mafia Theory »

In post 586, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:As a heads up, I am going to be hydra-ing with Mastin2, i.e. a hydra of me and Mastin2 (Mafia Theory) will replace me.

Indeed.
Mafia Theory
Mafia Theory
Townie
Mafia Theory
Townie
Townie

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:13 pm

Post by Mafia Theory »

In post 567, pitoli wrote:
Kagami (1)
: Paschendale
F-16_Fighting_Falcon (4)
: Mykonian, ActionDan, Brian Skies, BROseidon
Paschendale (3)
: Plum, Tammy, Kazekirimaru
BROseidon (3)
: Pieguyn, Bert, Kagami

Not Voting (2)
: zMuffinMan, F-16
Yo. Give me the quick rundown of why the hell I'm the lead wagon. Obviously the people on the wagon, but I'm actually most interested in hearing from Pasch, the people on the other two wagons (in particular, Tammy, Pie, and Bert), and zMuff.

Also, an equal rundown on the Pasch wagon and the BRO wagon.

I saw we're short on time, but I'm sure as hell not keen on getting lynched immediately after having been specially requested to come into the game. So I need results. Immediately. On all the wagons. If there's scum in them, to make sure they get lynched. And if not, to speedwagon the shit out of someone who actually is. 'Cause right now? Not exactly warm fuzzy feelings. Blindly going into things, I'm town, Pasch is a fairly easy mislynch, and BRO isn't an easy mislynch which makes me wonder why the hell he has a wagon as large as it is. So I need explanations here. Immediately. Of why this is a scum-Pasch (not a mislynchable town-Pasch) and why this is a scum-BROseidon who's been caught rather than a town-BROseidon ticking people off.
Mafia Theory
Mafia Theory
Townie
Mafia Theory
Townie
Townie

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:18 pm

Post by Mafia Theory »

In post 561, Tammy wrote:My biggest concern is that falcon is scum and I'm hesitant to scum read him because we signed up hoping we'd both draw town and kick ass.
He's town. And since I'm him, now, too, if you're town (need you postin' here), then we can.
Mafia Theory
Mafia Theory
Townie
Mafia Theory
Townie
Townie

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:29 pm

Post by Mafia Theory »

In post 555, zMuffinMan wrote:i dunno why my reads are so opposite everyone else's
Generally either because you're scum or you're arguing with scum. :P

Blindly off of posting, I've not gotten enough to tell which, but I lean towards the latter off of what little I've seen. You seem town. And a town-you is fairly awesome from my memory, so that means that those arguing against you are either being idiots or scum. A skim of this playerlist makes me lean towards the latter, given that I respect a fair number of them to not be idiots. :P
In post 553, zMuffinMan wrote:Kinda wanna run around and desert you: 2 of {Plum, F16, BRO} (less sure about BRO - he actually might be town :/), 1 of {Tammy, Kaze} (prob Kaze, dunno, not something i wanna look into too deeply today)
Gimme the rundown on Plum and BRO, and on Tammy and Kaze. In particular, BRO and Kaze.

(No, I'm not going to be working backwards forever. I'm just going back far enough to see posts from the players I want to interact most with. And even then, majorly skimming; I'm planning that readthrough later, from chronological order.)

My gut-reaction to Tammy is that she's town from what I've seen. Similar for Bert.

Gonna throw down a tentative VOTE: Plum, since it's my best lead at the moment.

Pasch reads as sorta town, too.

All of this is basically skim-reading megatime the last few pages, though.

Also, worth noting, this is a site-wide thingy now, but for the next two months or so, Mondays will not be my day for mafia. I have to get up at 4 am on Tuesdays, warranting a necessarily-earlier sleep time.
Mafia Theory
Mafia Theory
Townie
Mafia Theory
Townie
Townie

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:37 pm

Post by Mafia Theory »

Basic rundown right now, though. Myk's a figure of interest, though I haven't seen anything he's posted, yet. ActionDan I haven't seen much of, and I'm not really familiar with his scum meta, but it kinda looked vaguely town. (I'll get back to you. He'll probably be town if he keeps his vote on me, though. :P) Brian Skies is a null with nothing, whereas BROseidon is a null who I've seen the posting of but can't judge for certain at the moment. (I'll need to see others' thoughts on him, along with his, pardon the term, trajectory in posting.) Plum looks slightly bad to me. Need more Kaze, Pie, and Kagami.

Pasch looks like town, as does Tammy, Bert, and zMuff. But I need basically double that in townreads. Also, I'm going to ask F-16 basically the same things I'm asking of you, so you can look forward to that.

In the mean time, I might as well put in the request (even though I have a fair idea of the answer), but...
Mod: can we get a deadline extension?

'Cause honestly, the clock's a bit
too
tight for me to be fully unleashing the Mastin magic; I've already basically run out of time for today.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:04 pm

Post by Plum »

Shoot me now. This is going to be the blind leading the blind, except at least one of the parties fully believes he has like 20/10 vision.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:22 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 392, mykonian wrote:Lets be clear about this one, I'm not. I think Dan thinks correctly, but that the thing he's voting f-16 for is normal for f-16. It ticked me off before as well, I know it's scummy in general, but the tell doesn't work for F-16. All it tells me is that Dan is looking at the game in a way that I can understand and that's town.
I agree that what Dan posted looks to be coming from a town mindset. As far as piggybacking goes, I was referring to the way you were just following along with the suspicion without explicitly stating your thoughts, not whether you agreed with him or not.
In post 392, mykonian wrote:I think mafia is a social game. I don't think we are nice little logical machines who try to find scum and lynch them. Because that would imply we'd lynch everybody equally, depending on reads, which we clearly don't. We lynch some people more, some people less, and part of that has to do with social groups etc. Or in simple words, we are less likely to lynch someone we like, feel more paranoid about someone we know, but on the other hand we do keep back from outright lynching them (why else would paranoia be so powerful in those cases). You can agree with me or not in that case. Now, as far as I can see, plum used to fall squarely in the "liked" catagory. Nice person etc, posts well and thoughtful, is known to be a decent player. All in all, squarely falling in the catagory that I would expect to not be lynched a lot in a group of players that knew her.

Which is why the undercurrent that names plum is surprising to me. It's different than what I expected from this game and I'm trying to find out if the reasons is either that people simply don't know her, or because I'm wrong about my assumptions about her, or because scum is somehow mingling in that discussion and amplifying the noise it's making in this game.
Regardless, it says very little about plum's allignment. It might say something about the people talking about her.
I agree with you about the type of game Mafia is, which is why I'm drawn to it.

The bolded part makes sense.
In post 400, Tammy wrote:I wish he wouldn't quote stripe so long but I'm leaning town on him.
Currently thinking of a way to adjust my posting habit.
In post 411, BROseidon wrote:
In post 389, Brian Skies wrote:I don't like his push on Kagami, but that's because Kagami's actions look different to me. I think Kagami comes out better.
Why does it feel like you're making the assumption that any aggressive interaction b/w two players is Town v. Scum?
I don't make that assumption. I judge players based on interactions.

I also don't remember what happened between you and Kagami.
In post 414, BROseidon wrote:Now why are you jumping into a line of questioning not addressed at you?
Because I want to.
In post 415, BROseidon wrote:Again, are you asserting that there's 1 scum in {me, Pie}
No, I just think Pie is townier than you. It's a relativity thing.

I'll also admit that I haven't looked at your interactions that thoroughly yet.
In post 420, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:It is a bad tell. Why is dropping lines of questioning scummy? It seemed more like he was pretending to scumhunt rather than actually figuring out my affiliation. His responses when I explained it to him are that a) I made an error, b) I should be self-conscious. Neither of those make any sense.
I agree that it is a bad tell, but I don't think it makes him scummy. He probably thinks he found something off about your play and thinks your reaction to it could be coming from scum.

Anyhow, where is the Falcon from mentor/mentee that could see the town motivation in Dr. D's and Slimer's posts? I'm not getting that here. All I see is over-defensive OMGUSing Falcon.

*Even though I don't want to, going to have to go back and check Bro vs Kagami and Bro vs Pie interactions before my next post because of the Bro wagon. But mostly because:
In post 450, Kagami wrote:Bro, you've thrice complained that it would be impossible for scum not to know about the weak stuff, and have even said that it would be "gamebreakingly bad modding" for that to be so. If you're wrong, that's one hell of an insult to pitoli. I think it's unlikely that you'd be willing to tell the mod off like that, especially since you've modded yourself and not without difficulty. The only way you could be sure you're not seriously insulting pitoli is if you are scum and you were indeed told about the weak modifier.

VOTE: bro

fwiw, I think pasch is scum too~
This jump onto the wagon reeks.
In post 484, pieguyn wrote:Kaze what the fuck
do you srsly think this is alignment indicative? I accused you of doing the same thing in AA:MFA iirc
Wasn't I questioned of the same thing in that game?

I realized I stopped quote-striping at some point and the reason for it is because I need to re-read the game. Also, Mastin has decided to join Falcon. Despite me wanting Falcon to be town because he is the only meta-diver I actually like, he has still disappointed me so far with his reactions to Dan. Mastin gets until my V/LA ends to convince me I'm wrong about the Falcon slot.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:27 pm

Post by Paschendale »

9 days isn't enough, Mastin? (Are Mastin and Mastin2 the same person?)

Also, this hydra head is not puking like F-16 is. This is an improvement.

A Plum wagon would suit me fine.

@Brian: Go with that stinky feeling about Kagami. It's a good idea.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:19 pm

Post by Bert »

Does anyone else remember pitoli's avatar? The new one I didn't like at first, but it's starting to grow on me lol

Yeah, I'm lost about what's going on in this game - nothing new here.
In post 586, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:As a heads up, I am going to be hydra-ing with Mastin2, i.e. a hydra of me and Mastin2 (Mafia Theory) will replace me.

<33333333333333333333
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:26 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

Mastin, you're giving off a similar vibe to when you replaced into my scum slot in Les Misérables. That's bad.
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:27 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

Bert, you're not doing stuff. That's bad.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:39 pm

Post by Bert »

I'll be here Wednesday night though. Promise. <3 Got people around and also my own computer not handy
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:39 pm

Post by Bert »

It's AA and me being absent for most of D1 deja vú again. :C

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”