Hearthstone- Heroes of Warcraft (Enter Your ID!)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:54 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

hell reck, get on lemme pick ur brain and shit

update: 1-1 casual. also got to level 15 and got a HOLO ARCANE(the draw power one)
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by Plum »

I play with my fiancé sometimes. Have almost only basic cards, a smattering of non-basic. There are some classes I haven't gotten a handle on at all yet, but I think we really have Paladin. I can get some pretty good win streaks going with our deck, anyway. We have fun.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:01 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Paladin is a great class! My only legendary (opened in my first pack ever) was a Paladin legendary so that's all I've been playing
green shirt thursdays
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:05 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

priest too stronk
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:31 am

Post by Siveure DtTrikyp »

Hmm... good idea reck. I should totally play shaman after getting 2 shaman legendaries.

Nah, gimmick mage + rogue is too good.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:31 am

Post by Katsuki »

I've never gotten pally decks with the ones I've played in arena.

Maybe I'm just not familiar enough with pally strats or that I just got bad cards for the pally decks.

Lately gotten a lot of hunter draws for arena, and must say hunters are incredibly fun to play.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:41 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

How do people in Arena get Legendaries and tons of useful rares and epics and I get 4 Hungry crabs?

Mage most OP class, although I have to say Paladin has grown on , due to opening Tirion Golden and some other golden cards for Pala.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:48 am

Imo, Hunter is VERY combo-based. You really need unleash the hounds, but put it with a starving buzzard/scavenging hyena/timber wolf and it's ridiculously strong. Mitigated in arena by just getting a ton of those cards, and in constructed with tracking. Personally, I wouldn't touch hunter in arena b/c if you don't get enough of your good cards you are screwed.

What were the other ptions with hungry crab? That's a rare/epic itself isn't it?
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:56 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

In post 107, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Imo, Hunter is VERY combo-based. You really need unleash the hounds, but put it with a starving buzzard/scavenging hyena/timber wolf and it's ridiculously strong. Mitigated in arena by just getting a ton of those cards, and in constructed with tracking. Personally, I wouldn't touch hunter in arena b/c if you don't get enough of your good cards you are screwed.

What were the other ptions with hungry crab? That's a rare/epic itself isn't it?
Useless crap. IIRC I had the guy who gives pirates +1/+1 (no pirates in the entire pool), Blood Knight, the 1/1 assassin with stealth that kills anything it damages and 1 Big Game Hunter. The others were way worse cause I don't even remember them.
Also once I got a pool with only 5 rares in the entire 30 cards. Nothing else. Had solid commons and that helped.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:51 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 105, Katsuki wrote:I've never gotten pally decks with the ones I've played in arena.

Maybe I'm just not familiar enough with pally strats or that I just got bad cards for the pally decks.

Lately gotten a lot of hunter draws for arena, and must say hunters are incredibly fun to play.
I play Paladin in arena as a very combo based strategy looking to get the maximum number of minions on the field possible and use my 1/1 recruits to trade up when possible.

Paladin weapons are fantastic... grab every Truesilver Champion you see, and take Sword of Justice over any other epic.

You're going to play the control game, forcing unfavorable trades then wiping their board with a well timed Consecration. For the rares, Aldor Peacekeeper is the best class card, whereas Knife Juggler/Argent Commander are the best neutral cards. Knife Juggler, if you can protect, gets out of control very quickly with Paladin's class ability.

You want to run over them with minions, so you want to grab cards that combo well with other minions on the board. That 1/1 recruit suddenly can trade with their 3 toughness dude when you throw out Dark Iron Dwarf. Stormwind Champion suddenly means you have an infinite source of repeatable 2/2s every turn. Your opponent will laugh at your army of 1/1 recruits until you drop a Frostwolf Warlord on curve and make it an 8/8 or 9/9 on turn 5. An army of 1/1s also gets really scary when you drop a Cult Master and get a shitload of card draw off of each of those little derps.

Paladins have no outright removal, so making favorable trades is where it's at... this is enabled by Truesilver Champion (4 damage weapon, gain 2 life when you attack) since it can hit MOST threats and kill them. Consecration allows you to wipe out 4-5 dudes at once if you trade properly. Blessing of Kings means your derpy 1/1 is now a 5/5 and they have to waste time trading with you and losing card advantage. Hammer of Wrath is 3 damage and card draw and is a very good card. Equality, if timed correctly, means their mean little lineup of fat dudes are suddenly nothing when your recruits suicide into them.

The typical cards that are good in arena are good here, too (Harvest Golem, Chillwind Yeti, Acidic Swap Ooze, Boulderfist Ogre, Scarlet Crusader, etc) so pack a bunch of the great neutral cards with the great Paladin class cards and you have a deck that will be able to favorably trade up nine times out of ten then just laugh as you mercilessly beat them to death with fatties. Good luck!

PS: Don't ever play low curve all out aggro Paladin because it won't work.
green shirt thursdays
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:52 am

I agree with quite a bit of the above. I've a few reservations on some things.

Blessing of kings, it's not auto card advantage b/c you had to play blessing of kings, but it's 2+4 mana for a 5/5 if you put it on a recruit, which is pretty good stats. The extra 1 mana for the stats is irrelevant by turn 7/8, and at turn 4 you've gained tempo. Putting it on a divine shield minion is also really strong. The one issue is when you don't have any minions out - it has no potential without prior minions until turn 6.

Sword of justice. I mean, yes, it's effect is brilliant, but people like ooze in arena. And it's 3 mana for very little direct board presence. If you play it turn 3/4, you're hoping the opponent doesn't have an ooze, and that he doesn't use the opportunity to take board control and start to control the trades. Bigger minions doesn't usually offset the disadvantage that you're not choosing who bashes into who. And if you want late-game plays, there are usually better options, especially among your other epics that you're getting.

On cards reck didn't mention that i think are great

Argent protector. The only reason divine shield isn't completely OP is that you have to play the minion beforehand and the other guy gets a chance to knock it out with a tiny minion / 1 damage ability. This card is good for the same reason argent commander is good, divine shield that has a guaranteed target. If both you and your opponent have an 8/8 minion out, you just argent protector and trade the minions. You have an 8/8, the enemy doesn't. You can also use this early to get good trades - if the enemy expects to trade his 3 drop for your 3 drop you can argent protector and suddenly have a rather large lead on the board.

Guardian of kings is a pretty cool card. You don't want loads of them, but one or two can win you games where your life has dropped too low. I generally over-use these though, and end up screwing myself with no earlygame cards... hmm... yeah.

I also have very good success with blessing of wisdom. It's 1 cost, so if you just play it for one card you're not putting yourself too far behind manawise, and if you've board control you can keep the minion you put it on alive for years, getting 3 or 4 cards out of it. In a pinch, play it on a durable enemy minion (high hp), and let them puzzle over whether to give you cards or not attack with that minion (high attack minions aren't that great, b/c they generally attack anyway and the extra cards don't count for the tempo). It's not better than actual good cards though, so take it only if the other 2 options are bad or decent at best.

In epics, lay on hands and avenging wrath are rather good for lategame plays. Avenging wrath is somewhat of a good removal spell, and lay on hands is card draw and healing.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:36 am

Post by Katsuki »

In post 107, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Imo, Hunter is VERY combo-based. You really need unleash the hounds, but put it with a starving buzzard/scavenging hyena/timber wolf and it's ridiculously strong. Mitigated in arena by just getting a ton of those cards, and in constructed with tracking. Personally, I wouldn't touch hunter in arena b/c if you don't get enough of your good cards you are screwed.

I've only gotten one unleash the hound card in my 4 recent hunter decks. :/
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:17 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 110, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Blessing of kings, it's not auto card advantage b/c you had to play blessing of kings, but it's 2+4 mana for a 5/5 if you put it on a recruit, which is pretty good stats.
Sorry, I should've been more clear: I meant that playing Blessing of Kings on your minion is a net 0 card loss for you (maintain status quo), while your opponent will have to sacrifice at least 1, more often 2 cards, to deal with the 5/5 minion that cost you no cards at all.
green shirt thursdays
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:42 pm

In post 112, xRECKONERx wrote:to deal with the 5/5 minion that cost you no cards at all.
This is what I was getting at. That 5/5 minion did cost you 1 card (blessing of kings).
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:59 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Oh, yeah, I see your point. Was getting two things confused.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:55 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Had some luck in Arena today with prize packs, decided to try and put together the shell of a Paladin control deck:
green shirt thursdays
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:58 pm

What exactly are the 2 defender of argus supposed to be buffing? I don't see it.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:06 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

There are tons of targets... over half of the deck is potential defender targets. And at the worst, they give me 2 2/2s with taunt (with my hero power)

The goal of having the defenders in there is just to control the board and stall the game out longer
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:43 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

ALSO blizz really needs to implement rewards for ranked (crafting dust per advancement, anything)
green shirt thursdays
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:50 pm

They don't really stall. You have 6 cards that you can get out before turn 4. 9 before turn 5/turn 4 with coin. Sure, hero power is good, but you don't hero power in early turns unless you're desparate for plays. 7 minions are so high cost they really don't combo with defender. You'll be lucky to combo anything with them until turn 6 at least. By which time if you're against aggro you've already probably lost.

Eh, it's not that bad, but you've no hope of getting 2 minions with it and I'm not personally convinced that argus is worth it on only one minion.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:57 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

IMO suncleric is worth it and ill pay an extra mana for the taunt

but yeah I'm not THRILLED with how it's performing but IDK what else goes in that slot
green shirt thursdays
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:06 pm

Maybe sunfury protector if you have it? I'd argue an early play, as I can count a good 14 cards atm that if you got some combination of them your board is very weak up to turn 6.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:21 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I don't see how Sunfury fixes the problem?
green shirt thursdays
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:45 pm

It's less mana, so you play it with the thing you're giving the taunt to.
It also has kinda more value as a solo play b/c you can do it earlier.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:39 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In an ideal world I'd have Cairne and Ragnaros and this would be a perfect deck
green shirt thursdays

Return to “The Arcade”