Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:53 am

Post by Slandaar »

He even has the audacity to suggest Thor was never being lynched Day 1 when he would have been if ABR didn't back out (TOWN ABR).
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:58 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Slandaar can you give me a brief reads breakdown aside from ICE. Even if its just a list of names from most town to most scum (excluding ICE) please.
Scum:
nk bastion cos he is never being lynched imo.

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:10 pm

Post by Slandaar »

Zakk and Ice are scum.

You can tell the way Zakk waffled and waffled about me/Thor yesterday hes scum.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by Slandaar »

In post 945, ICEninja wrote: A quick look at vote counts shows Skelda as the most likely partner to Thor, and based literally just on the D1 lynch zakk is the only other possibility if neither Skelda nor Slandaar is scum.
And look its just too perfect 'IF SKELDA AND SLAND TOWN' (TRUE) Zakk is scum! (TRUE)

Its a scum thing to semi distance.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:25 pm

Post by toolenduso »

Don't be discouraged by Slandaar's obnoxious bravado, guys. There are actually some good points in there.

But ICE brings up a good point too. Slandaar and Thor took up like half of day 1 fighting, which Thor specifically suggested that scum do with each other in the QT link Bastion posted earlier:

"4. Don't get tense if I attack you, I probably will - feel free to attack me if I look scummy, in fact I encourage it. But also feel free to blatantly buddy me if you think I look town. Keep an honest interaction with your partner (in a perfect world, forget that I'm your partner and react to me as honestly as possible)."
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:31 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 952, Slandaar wrote:Zakk and Ice are scum.

You can tell the way Zakk waffled and waffled about me/Thor yesterday hes scum.
interesting...

Zakk waffled and waffled about you huh?
Slandaar is sitting in a volatile spot for me. I can't really read him too well. I think his early attack on Thor could have been elaborate bussing, but we'll see how he acts when Thor is dead. If he starts finding other scum immediately I can't say I will hate that in the least. And if scum decides to kill him off, at least it will rid us of a pretty WIFOMy slot which has strong ties to Thor. I may get a better read on him after reading some of his later posts though. So stay tuned.
I highly doubt that Slandaar and Thor are on the same team.
Slandaar - I really don't think he's scum, if Thor is. And I think Thor is. If they are scum together though, they deserve to win just for the amount of baloney they put us through on Day 1. That amount of back and forth would be really hard to

That's not a lot...especially when you compare it to what he wrote about me:
I have a scum read on Sir Bastion for a number of reasons, most of which were early on in the game. He has since come back towards the middle of the scale somewhat, but I would still much rather lynch him than anyone else (except Thor) at this point. I am quite willing to be convinced that he is not scum, in fact, I have a note saying that if Thor is scum, he is less likely to be... not sure why I thought that, but it's in my notes under both Thor and Sir Bastion. Anyway, post 16 felt very contrived, post 26 was a soft-defend of Thor, 37 seemed to imply that he had nothing better to do than ignore certain people while waiting for others to post, 40 brings up how he was town in other games (as if to imply he is town here, or at least plant some kind of subconscious seed), and it also brings up something solely in order to be able to say "buuut, I'm not going to talk about it here" which is sketchy at best. he also spouts game theory in that post which seems unnecessary. I don't like in post 42 where he says "assuming I don't?" because that is a giant deflection. more unnecessary game theory in post 45. Jumping over to 112, he sticks with a vote on GuthrieGov while admitting his reasoning is shallow. He also questions GG in 113 to find out if GG thinks poorly of him. That's a weird thing for a townie to do. In post 168 he appears to have a good catch, but I don't like the way he talks about it as if it's only in passing, and seems detached, with his ellipses (...) and it feels like he's trying to point out awkward things about somebody in order to get others to latch onto them and do the dirty work of lynching them for him. Post 182 complains about having to slog through the Thor/Slandaar noisefest again, but it almost seems like he's not actually going to do it, he just wants people to think he is, so they'll think he's trying to be useful. Whether or not that's the case here, I don't like the attitude of trying to show off the things you're doing to help the game, and it feels off to me. I wrote under that point "Let's see if he comes up with anything worthwhile or is just posturing" and I don't have any notes after that which cancel out that sentiment. So clearly that's bad, and supports my idea that he never actually did re-read it, he just tried to snag some town credit for saying he was going to. 234 is a bunch of words with disproportionately little actual analysis of what was said, and it seemed to me like he was making a larger post in order to try to keep up the amount of posts he had at a competitive level with those who were posting the most in the game, solely for the sake of being seen as being active by other people.

To put it all into a few sentences (in case you weren't following along and looking at the posts, which you really should do), here's the case: He appears to be very aware and very concerned about what others think of him. He appears to be trying to plant thoughts into other people's subconscious to get them to feel certain ways about him and others, and that's not something town does. They are quite a bit more blunt about it. Kind of like I'm being right now, actually. And also, I just get a pretty good gut feeling that he's not one of the good guys, and that's always a nice cherry on top of the icing for me. So, logically speaking, we should lynch him after Thor.

thats waffle...

The only thing I see about Zakk's posting that sticks out is he suggests *like Ice* that you and thor were bussing on day 1.

EBWOP:
And look its just too perfect 'IF SKELDA AND SLAND TOWN' (TRUE) Zakk is scum! (TRUE)

Its a scum thing to semi distance.
man
it is
just too perfect
In post 702, Thor665 wrote:If Slandaar, Zakk, and Garmr all magically ended up dead and flipped, I wouldn't be a sad panda.
and thats from an actual scumbag (before he knew he was busted)

here's my thing, I was actually going to drop my vote down on the ICE wagon, I find that if Thor is sticking to what he says is his scum play then he would have pushed lynching Ice opposite him on day 2 regardless if it was bussing or not and Ice had a pretty poor run of posts towards the end of day 1.

But now both you and Tool have gone and made me incredibly weary of it.

Tool cause his comment feels like a slip by a buddy trying to slow down the wagon on his partner with a call to reason (slipping up by pretty much admitting there are no scum on his wagon)

And you cause...well you're perception of day 1 & 2 seems slightly warped, you are attacking Ice on things that could have been applied to quite a few players, including confirmed town Falcon. Specifically the ABR making up a case situation.

Since I think Tool is the most direct issue I want looked at.

Vote Tool

I'll come back around to Ice and you if I need to.

EBWOP number 2
tool wrote:Don't be discouraged by Slandaar's obnoxious bravado, guys. There are actually some good points in there.
So lynch ICE
But ICE brings up a good point too. Slandaar and Thor took up like half of day 1 fighting, which Thor specifically suggested that scum do with each other in the QT link Bastion posted earlier:

"4. Don't get tense if I attack you, I probably will - feel free to attack me if I look scummy, in fact I encourage it. But also feel free to blatantly buddy me if you think I look town. Keep an honest interaction with your partner (in a perfect world, forget that I'm your partner and react to me as honestly as possible)."
wait wait wait Lynch Slander...

Tool, pick one.
Scum:

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:44 pm

Post by toolenduso »

I'm not going to pick one yet. I want to talk about it more.

I pointed out that there are two scum left because ICE had just been put at L-2 and I don't have a lot of strong townreads anymore. Therefore, from my point of view, it was entirely possible that no scum had voted for him yet. And I feel like me pointing it out kind of made a scum hammer less likely to happen.

I've got the day off tomorrow so I'm going to do some more digging on Slandaar and ICE. I'll pick one then, when I actually have some decent evidence.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:56 pm

Post by Slandaar »

Sland/Thor w/Daychat Sland bus Thor D1

Looks quite different to here especially noteworthy is how little I actually press and my postcount. Lynch Ice now enough of the nonsense.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:08 pm

Post by toolenduso »

In post 957, Slandaar wrote:Lynch Ice now enough of the nonsense.
We are 30 posts into day 3. Chill.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:51 pm

Post by Garmr »

VOTE: ice

I think it obvious ice is scum. The hider thing makes me shiver.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:06 pm

Post by toolenduso »

Can somebody explain to me how it's in town's best interests to lynch this quickly?
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:14 pm

Post by ICEninja »

It's in Slandaar's best interest to lynch this quickly.

That should tell you something about his alignment.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:18 pm

Post by N »

Vote Count 3.01
ICEninja
(4) Skelda, Elyse, Slandaar, Garmr
zakk
(0)
Garmr
(0)
toolenduso
(1) Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
(0)
Slandaar
(1) ICEninja
Elyse
(0)
Skelda
(0)

Not Voting:
zakk, toolenduso

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2013-11-10 11:06:27)
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:36 pm

Post by ICEninja »

Slandaar wrote: WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH LEAVE THOR ALONE!!!
If you notice, I wasn't telling you to leave Thor alone. I was telling you to shut the fuck up about a point that was stupid and made no sense and to start scum hunting, because you weren't. This, ladies and gentleman, is actually a misrepresentation, unlike what half of day 1 was arguing about.
Slandaar wrote: I DUNNO WHATS GOING ON I HAVE NO OPINION ON IF THERE WAS A MISREP OR NOT BECAUSE I AM A SCUMBAG WHO HAS NOT LOOKED AT WHAT THOR IS SAYING
Read what I actually said. You'll notice that this isn't even in the same ballpark as that.
Slandaar wrote: YEAH SLAND SCUM IF ABR SCUM!!! HAR HAR HAR THAT WILL STOP SLAND TRYING TO LYNCH MY BUDDY THOR!!!
Actually, thanks for bringing this up. Of course Thor, knowing ABR was scum, would attempt to associate a scum buddy with someone IF AND ONLY IF he knew that player would flip town. That was quite clever of Thor, actually.
Slandaar wrote: HEY THOR IGNORE SLAND PLEASE BUDDY YOU ARE GOING TO GET LYNCHED OTHERWISE
Telling you to shut the fuck up wasn't working. I was willing to say anything FOR YOU TO SHUT THE FUCK UP.
Slandaar wrote: OK ABR CLAIMED VT LETS LYNCH HIM!!!
I have nothing to defend myself from here. This doesn't make me scum.
Slandaar wrote: HRM THIS IS TOO EASY MAYBE ABR TOWN ANYONE WANNA LYNCH SLAND INSTEAD??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Slandaar wrote: OK I AM HAPPIER TO LYNCH ABR NOW THAT MY TOWN READ MAX HAS SHOWN OPPOSITION TO IT!
Wagon analysis has become an integral part of my scum hunting. I made the wrong call in the end but my gut was warning me to not lynch ABR. Transparency isn't scummy.

At least with those two things you were actually representing what I was saying in the quoted section. I'm glad your reading comprehension is approaching a middle school level.
Slandaar wrote: LOOK SLAND STOP TRYING TO LYNCH THOR AND DO SOMETHING ELSE LIKE HELP ME LYNCH TOWN ABR
More and more twisting and misrepresenting. I'm definitely noticing a theme in your case here.
Slandaar wrote: PLEASE LOOK HOW MUCH YOU ARE TRYING TO LYNCH MY BUDDY THOR!!! I STILL DONT UNDERSTAND THIS MISREP STUFF!!!!
And more.

Honestly if anyone actually reads what he's quoting in context you'll realize how much bullshit this is.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:46 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

Ice you are ar L-1

claim.
Scum:

zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:07 pm

Post by zakk »

In post 946, Slandaar wrote:
In post 537, ICEninja wrote:
Slandaar wrote: So the answer is no you had no clue and thus it needed attention considering it is Thors entire case.
I glanced over it, thought "This is pretty unimportant, I'm going to pay attention to things that actually matter now", and the more you and Thor went on about it the more sure I was that one of you was scum.

Pretty sure which one it is right now.
Slandaar wrote: What do you think about Thors case on me being completely made up by changing my wording?
That you're oversensitive about having the wording slightly changed to explain why he thinks what you did was scummy. Let me give an example:
Slandaar wrote: Side by side
Thors Version: that might make sense...except he didn't offer a conclusion!
Actual Version: My example was more accurate because yours ends with a conclusion and his posts did not.
Those things are pretty much the same thing, with a spin on it to emphasize how unreasonable you're being. And you call it a misrep (I'm starting to begin to think no one in this game actually understands what misrepresentation is).

OK SLANDAAR I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU.

WHY DO YOU THINK REPEATING OVER AND OVER AGAIN THIS SAME SHIT THAT NO ONE BUT YOU THINKS IS SCUMMY IS GOING TO MAKE US THINK HE IS SCUMMY?
Thor wrote: @Ice - Actually, looking at those reads, I'm starting to lean 'not Slaandar' with ABR, really. What do you think about that?
The voting patterns indicate that Slandaar and Albert are
probably
not connected, but day 1 voting patterns I take with a grain of salt until the lynch happens. I don't want to go in to my reasoning as for why I think Slandaar is scum based on Albertscum in case I'm wrong about Albert, I think it's pretty dumb (and sometimes even benefiting of scum) to go too much in to associative tells when everyone involved is alive.

Bastion's summary of Albert's actions in 518 is pretty much spot on. It is quite similar to what I was planning on posting, minus the fact that I would word "appeal to authority" as using sheer force of will/personality to accomplish a goal instead of using logic, which has been a trend sch as his "defense" against my original attack on him. While I know this simply is something Albert does, the fact that he has no good scum leads at the moment (or all day really) and has been using this force anyway to direct town seems to play a lot more to a scum win condition than town.
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH LEAVE THOR ALONE!!!
In post 455, ICEninja wrote:
Slandaar wrote: Well show me this misrep I assume you know what it is Ice.
The existence or non existence of any misrep that may or may not have happened has
zero
implications of my read on you. Now please start being useful or I will seriously just start skipping your posts because you hardly ever say anything new. I seriously cannot believe how caught up you are on shit that happened in the first few pages of the game when there is SO. MUCH. CONTENT. TO. TALK. ABOUT.

God I hope we have a vig...
I DUNNO WHATS GOING ON I HAVE NO OPINION ON IF THERE WAS A MISREP OR NOT BECAUSE I AM A SCUMBAG WHO HAS NOT LOOKED AT WHAT THOR IS SAYING
In post 456, ICEninja wrote:Like, I seriously cannot believe that pretty much 2 pages were dedicated to talking about this.

Thor's suggestion of Slandaar being lynched after Albert flips scum makes a lot of sense to me, as I have already stated that Albert being scum makes Slandaar look like scum too.
YEAH SLAND SCUM IF ABR SCUM!!! HAR HAR HAR THAT WILL STOP SLAND TRYING TO LYNCH MY BUDDY THOR!!!
In post 461, ICEninja wrote:Thor just stop engaging him. We all realize how insane he sounds.
HEY THOR IGNORE SLAND PLEASE BUDDY YOU ARE GOING TO GET LYNCHED OTHERWISE
In post 538, ICEninja wrote:Also, with the VT claim, I'm pretty much happy lynching ABR at this point.

I do want the replacements to have some more time to contribute, however, and TCold really needs some damn attention right now.

We've got a few days, but I don't think day 1 needs to run up to the deadline
OK ABR CLAIMED VT LETS LYNCH HIM!!!
In post 567, ICEninja wrote:Logic is pointing to ABR as scum but this wagon is developing too easily without enough counter. Slandaar really is the only one pushing elsewhere.

The only way this makes sense is if both scum buddies is in Slandaar and [all the lurkers]. Which now that I think about it, could be entirely possible, but still.

I'm feeling uneasy about this.

What are people's opinion of lynching Slandaar today and worrying about ABR later? The biggest reason I can think of to not do this would be that ABR already claimed, but beside that gut is telling me this is the right move.

TCold would still be a solid option too, though it looks like he's going to end up being force replaced, and we did just get a new player. I suppose I'll sit on this for a little. For the record I'm still willing to lynch ABR but day 1 wagons that have so minimal counter push tend to fall on town.
HRM THIS IS TOO EASY MAYBE ABR TOWN ANYONE WANNA LYNCH SLAND INSTEAD??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In post 615, ICEninja wrote:
Tool wrote: There's three votes on Garmr and three on Thor right now. Do those not count as wagons?
Not if you look at WHO the votes on Garmr are.
Thor wrote: "I barely remember Thor"
"Thor is so good at scum he can make me have doubts"
"Thor is being so bad and oversimplifying, he is obv. scum."

Flail more.
While I admit I've been nodding along with much of what ABR has said, exactly this kept popping in my head. Honestly, I was this close || to being convinced that I was wrong and ABR is town but he lies about knowing how Thor plays. Repeatedly. And this isn't the drawing people out and gathering reads, this is blatantly lying about what you know about Thor.
ABR wrote: Go to MD and look at my playstyle as scum. I broke it down for you.
No, meta defenses like this are scummy. You're certainly too good of a player for it to be that easy to tell.
Maxous wrote: Barring something dramatic, i'll be voting Garmr or Thor at the end of the day period.
I'll wait and see where the replacements vote etc.
And this actually makes me feel a little better about my decision.

My vote stays where it is. I'm not confident at all here, but I feel like this is town's best bet.
OK I AM HAPPIER TO LYNCH ABR NOW THAT MY TOWN READ MAX HAS SHOWN OPPOSITION TO IT!
In post 631, ICEninja wrote:You're at L-2. I highly doubt you'll end up quicklynched. I as well don't like all the AtE you've been putting out.

And just to remind people, deadline is actually coming up soon. We've got a few days, but if someone wants to derail this wagon on ABR it had better be right now, and damn convincing.
ANYONE WANNA DERAIL THE ABR WAGON??? ANYONE??? I COULD USE A WAGON ON A TOWNIE TO SEE WHAT THEY CLAIM!!!
In post 675, ICEninja wrote:I'm feeling a lot better about this ABR lynch based on things like what Maxous just said and how so many people are deliberately avoiding this elephant in the room.

This feels a LOT more like trying to lynch scum. It is HARD to.
YEAH MAX SHOWING OPPOSITION TO THIS WAGON MAKES ME FEEL HAPPIER WITH THE LYNCH!!!
In post 689, ICEninja wrote:I've told you time and time again to actually contribute to this game instead of repeating over and over and over (ad nasium) about the same points that
every single player in this game besides you
agree are meaningless.

I'm not the only one frustrated about it. I'm just calling it like I see it.
LOOK SLAND STOP TRYING TO LYNCH THOR AND DO SOMETHING ELSE LIKE HELP ME LYNCH TOWN ABR
In post 690, ICEninja wrote:Honestly. Please.

Do us a favor and read your own ISO. I want you to understand the % of your content that is related in one way or another to some misrep that may or may not have happened in the first few pages of the game.

It's overwhelming. You're unwilling to talk about anything else.

Your entire case on Thor is predicated on how he responds to interactions regarding this misrep. You made some pathetic attempt to scum hunt me and then that was it, back to "look how Thor handled this SUPER FUCKING IMPORTANT misrep, he's SO FUCKING OBVIOUSLY SCUM".

Do you even have opinions of players besides Thor?
PLEASE LOOK HOW MUCH YOU ARE TRYING TO LYNCH MY BUDDY THOR!!! I STILL DONT UNDERSTAND THIS MISREP STUFF!!!!
In post 697, ICEninja wrote:Because I'm quite happy with either lynch. As of this moment, I'm more confident in ABR flipping scum, though not by much.

If town really wanted to swing and lynch Slandaar instead today (as I believe I've alluded to before) I'd be alright with that. There just doesn't seem like much momentum for that.
AH COME ON YOU GUIZ LETS LYNCH SLAND!!! HE HASNT CLAIMED AND ABR WHO I AM CONFIDENT IS SCUM IS GOING TO BE LYNCHED BUT THAT DONT MATTER SLAND LYNCH MUCH MORE PROFITABLE FOR ME!!!!
First, this whole post is riddled with confirmation bias.

Second, cool it with the caps lock. Nobody wants to read that baloney.

Third, your points are coming across as oddly self-serving.

It's almost like you can't wait to just lynch one guy and move on to the next, stopping only to loot the corpse for as much town cred as you can possibly squeeze out of it. That's an attitude I see more as coming from bussing scum than earnest town. Town seems to want to deliberate more. Heck, I want to deliberate for as long as possible now that I know that the mafia don't have day talk abilities any longer.

I mean, Sir Bastion makes a good point in his post #929; everyone is more or less back on the board, suspicion-wise.

For all we know, we have weak scum like Garmr who, though he screwed up at first, Thor realized he'd have to carry Garmr on his back and teach him how to play the newb card and manipulate people in ways that Thor can't seem to do because he's relatively more well known around the site. Taking this example to the extreme, it's entirely possible that Thor was even writing full posts for Garmr, sending them to him, and just having Garmr copy-paste them into his next forum post. That kind of anonymity would allow Thor to deliberately craft someone else's image without the responsibility of living up to certain expectations. That would be a pretty large advantage.

Secondly, it's entirely possible with the day talk ability that the mafia pulled some kind of sophisticated distancing act on Day 1 between two members that would help cement the two as different alignments in everyone's mind. Such an argument could be carefully controlled and coordinated back and forth on both the front end and on the back side and they could push and pull as necessary and pretend to try to get each other lynched. All the while, they would be looking for a scapegoat, someone else to take the blame. And until they found that scapegoat, they would continue to throw digs at each other and have ridiculous amounts of confirmation bias (sound familiar?) in their posts, arguing over such small details that nobody else could follow the argument, or quickly lost the desire to after such wanton repetition, and all of this relentlessly continuing far past the point of reason, such that everyone would write off the entire situation as townies infighting and therefore chalk it up to something that's better off left ignored because there is little to be gained. Because I know that's what I would do. Of course you realize by this point that I'm talking about you and Thor, during Day 1.

I mean, Slandaar, throw me a bone here. If you're such a profitable lynch that both Thor and IceNinja wanted out of the way (your very own comment on IceNinja's post 697, ring a bell?), then what's your brilliant hypothesis on why you haven't been killed at night yet?
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:26 pm

Post by zakk »

Oh wow, I didn't realize it was this close to a lynch. I posted before finishing reading.

However, I have read a little since I made that last post (including just now seeing the L - 1), and after examining Thor/Ice/Slandaar, I would like at least one person to unvote please. Not because I think Ice is town, but because I want to hear the claim. I am not 100% yet because both Slandaar and IceNinja look bad, but it seems likely that Ice could have been framed by the havingfitz kill, specifically because of how hard havingfitz was pushing IceNinja at the end of Day 2. That doesn't mean he is town in the least, but Slandaar's got a lot to answer for as well, and I just don't want a lynch to go through yet.

I still have a town read on toolenduso. I don't want him lynched, ever.

I want to read more of Maxous' posts and find out why two people have been killed before Slandaar even though Slandaar did a lot of pushing on Thor, and seemed nearly clairvoyant (or just sorely confirmation biased) what with his nearly reasonless push on Thor for most of Day 1. Also the whole "If I die lynch IceNinja" thing is extremely similar to Thor's "When I flip town lynch IceNinja" and it's almost like they're three active, forceful, moderately influential players trying to make everybody just blow their brains out from frustration.

That is exactly why we shouldn't have a lynch yet.

There's no reason to go off half-cocked here. Somebody unvote.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:29 pm

Post by ICEninja »

Are you guys kidding me right now?

Someone take your vote off me. No town player should be ready for a lynch at this point, and no town player should be demanding a claim at this point.
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:35 pm

Post by zakk »

IceNinja, it's pretty interesting how your opinion changed on Garmr from "he's an easy lynch" when he's being voted, to "he's probably lurking scum, vote: Garmr" when the pressure was off. Care to comment on that?
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:41 pm

Post by ICEninja »

Garmr's vote on me is awful. Read his day 2. He says this in regards to Thor asking people to lynch me after he flipped "town".
Garmr wrote: The vows a little bit stupid through as in F16 case he knew he would die if you were scum and it was a crumb of his night actions your vow on ice isn't anything to do with your actions?
Clearly Garmr would only be suspicious of me had there been evidence that F-16 hid behind me.

Then I make a case against him, and he obviously doesn't like it.

Now day 3 he votes me, citing this:
Garmr wrote: I think it obvious ice is scum. The hider thing makes me shiver.
How does that make ANY sense considering his day 2 actions?

I'm calling it right now, Thor/Garmr/Slandaar. That's the team.

Tomorrow I'm going to go through and post the case on Garmr I made last night, because now my doubt is gone.

PEDIT: Yeah, because the things people were pressuring Garmr for on the first 10 pages were stupid. Go look at the early case against him. My thoughts were that scum were jumping on the path of least resistance, as most of what Garmr looked bad was simply his posting style. Since then, he's done legitimately scummy things (most notably now his vote).
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:50 pm

Post by zakk »

I never really addressed IceNinja's post #763. I was too busy reading up on the game, which I still haven't finished. But anyway, I have some questions about it now, so here it is again:
In post 763, ICEninja wrote:I've never encountered a hider before. It gets fake claimed a lot, so I typically lynch anyone who claims to be one.
And now here are the questions...
In post 763, ICEninja wrote:I've never encountered a hider before.
Okay, great, you've never encountered one. So... you don't know what it does?
In post 763, ICEninja wrote:It gets fake claimed a lot, so I typically lynch anyone who claims to be one.
Well, then why would you lynch someone who claimed to be one?

Wouldn't you find out what it does first, before finding out if it's a good thing to fakeclaim as scum?

And then after you DID go look on the wiki and find out, why in the world would you want lynch someone who is BOTH really hard for scum to night kill, AND is functionally a cop (as long as townies are not stupid, and go read their posts again after they see a Hider flip)?

Why wouldn't you just wait for them to die via hiding behind scum, and then lynch the scum they handed to you on a silver platter?

Your moon logic is so counter-
intuitive
intelligence
that my brain is literally starting to hurt while trying to comprehend it.
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:57 pm

Post by zakk »

Honestly, I have thought Thor/Slandaar/Garmr too, at some points of the game, especially given the not-so-gradual increase in competence levels displayed in Garmr's posts, and Slandaar conveniently suspecting Thor way before there was any reason to... but, I have to take into account your scumminess as well.

So right now I'm hoping for an unvote and hoping to stall this wagon on you as long as possible so we can get our heads screwed on straight again and get all the questions answered and after all of that, everyone can see if they still feel the same way about things, and then lynch you if we still want to.

Honestly, I considered hammering you and hoping for a scum flip because it was 50/50, but then I realized it's not just 50/50... there's an outside chance that you're both town and things are just coming to a head because of Slandaar's abrasive personality. And anyway, quick hammering is just not the right move at this point.

I'll gladly hammer you later if Slandaar has some great reasons for the things he did, or why he's alive, and even more so if you don't have good explanations.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:01 pm

Post by toolenduso »

In post 965, zakk wrote:it's entirely possible that Thor was even writing full posts for Garmr, sending them to him, and just having Garmr copy-paste them into his next forum post.
That would be a pretty dumb scum strategy. Thor would have to sound exactly like Garmr, and Thor would have to assume that people would never lynch or nightkill him and find out he was an encryptor. Because once people knew he was an encryptor, people would point to the posts of Garmr's that looked like they were written in a different style and it would become super obvious that Garmr was scum.

Just way too risky for a player whose mafia style is basically "think like a townie."
In post 965, zakk wrote:I mean, Slandaar, throw me a bone here. If you're such a profitable lynch that both Thor and IceNinja wanted out of the way (your very own comment on IceNinja's post 697, ring a bell?), then what's your brilliant hypothesis on why you haven't been killed at night yet?
Wouldn't scum want to keep people alive who they thought they could frame? So yeah, it would make perfect sense for scum not to night kill somebody if they thought they could get the town to mislynch that person.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:19 pm

Post by ICEninja »

Funny how zakk was JUST calling me town.
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:55 pm

Post by zakk »

I'm interested in finding out the truth. If that means not being consistent in my opinions when new information is presented, so be it.

Are you interested in the truth being known? Because if you don't speak up quick, somebody is going to make sure you lose your chance.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”