Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:35 am

Post by Scummies »

(expired on 2014-01-07 22:29:19) -> I guess nominations will close when this reaches 0 (give or take)

Also if you would like to help judge the scummies, please Pm this account!
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:54 am

Post by quadz08 »

Nth Scumteam of Scummies Invitational
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:56 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 670, BROseidon wrote:
Nom Cabd Rising Star.
Nom fferylit Rising Star.
Nom GuyinFreezer Rising Star

Really not sure why these ones didn't go through a while ago. All three joined late 2012/early 2013, and they all are prolific players who are consistently terrifying players as both alignments. I could start linking specific games here, like AMOL, Xenoblade, or any ffery game where she gets killed N1 because of how much of a threat she is to scum teams, but I would have to go through and link the vast majority of each of these players games, given that they all consistently put out a very high level of play. In particular, Cabd's metaknowledge+willingness to gambit, ffery's ability to organize and lead a town, and GiF's ability to control his presence in a game (look at Xenoblade and Touhou imperishable nights to get a sense of what I mean here) are major assets that they bring to the table as either alignment.
There's one player you're critically neglecting to nominate, BRO, though for understandable reasons.

If it hasn't been done already...

Nominate BROseidon for Rising Star
Dude's a beast, right up there with AngryPidgeon in terms of skill as both town and scum. (By which, I mean...practically god-tiered.) He's a master, absolute master, at scum manipulation; you need only look at the fact that most of his scum games are nominated for the "Best Performance: Scum" scummy to see this in effect. Furthering that, he's also frequently among the "Best Performance: Town" nominations as well, and for good reason there, too! I can't cite that many specific examples off the top of my head, but basically...as scum, BROseidon is not only hard to spot, but also hard to lynch when spotted. As town, BROseidon is deadly-accurate with his reasons, and normally quite charismatic at getting people to listen to them. He's got the good qualities of both a town and a scum player; what more can you really ask for?
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:27 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

2nd GuyInFreezer, BRO
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:00 am

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

nth fferyllt
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:27 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Nominate Bulbazac for Best 3rd Party performance for his performance as the serial killer in Open 490 - Donner Party Mafia

I would have put this nomination in months ago if I had realized an award exists for 3rd party performances at the time.

Bulba replaced into the role at the end of day 1 and played a stunning game both during the day phase in the game thread and perhaps even more importantly in the night phase. By the final days of the game, he was the only player in the game who knew how badly things had gone for town since the format was no-reveal on night kills and town didn't manage to lynch a single non-town member until lylo (more about that in a bit).

On night 1, he killed the Town Vig. On night 2, he killed the Town Dietitian. On night 3, he killed one member of the mafia team. And on day 4, though I suspected I was in a kingmaker situation, only Bulba and the remaining mafia player knew that for a fact. He built a rock solid case on the last scum player and I made the only logical choice, hoping that one of the janitored night kills had been the SK.
In post 1149, Bulbazak wrote:
Check Mate
He's suffered from the paranoia this win generated ever since. Not just my paranoia. I've seen this performance and win brought up in games by people who didn't even play the game. I hope this nomination in some small way makes up for the steep climb he set himself up for in later games.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:28 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

2nd
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:30 pm

nth Bulbazak
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:10 pm

Post by Cabd »

Nominate the Town of NY 166 for best town.

Just re-read the game for meta reasons. Town only mislynched once, then went on to nail scum after scum, alongside SK cross-killing mafia; for an almost perfect win.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30070
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:46 pm

Post by Klazam »

EVERY BREATH YOU TAKE.

Seriously, I looked that over too. was a good one
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:51 am

Post by Titus »

Nominate Cephrir - Best Scum Performance - Upick Fire and Ice

Being his scum partner in this one, I have to say the job he did in this was absolutely excellent. He never got more than 3 votes in a large theme. He was never a major wagon and did an excellent job guiding the scum night actions.

I'm not sure where this fits in the nominations though as I can't find best scum performance by an individual.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:53 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 685, Titus wrote:
Nominate Cephrir - Best Scum Performance - Upick Fire and Ice

Being his scum partner in this one, I have to say the job he did in this was absolutely excellent. He never got more than 3 votes in a large theme. He was never a major wagon and did an excellent job guiding the scum night actions.

I'm not sure where this fits in the nominations though as I can't find best scum performance by an individual.
What you meant is:

Nominate Cephrir for Most Cunning Manipulator for his play in New York 165, Upick Ice and Fire, Et al.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:58 am

Post by Titus »

Yes. Thank you.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:58 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Second the hell out of that.

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:01 pm

Post by Titus »

Nominate Open 512 for best town performance. A lot of volume posting but we got a near flawless victory

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=29913
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:25 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Nth Cephrir for Cunning Manipulator with a suggestion to add NY 164 to the list of his well-played scum games. He was unlynchable and he kept nailing the opposition at night via PRs and whatnot.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:40 pm

Post by Guyett »

Nominate saulres meme mafia games for best setup.
especially meme mafia 2. It was amazing
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:13 pm

Nominate Tammy for most enjoyable player

I've played several games with Tammy and she is always a ton of fun to play with regardless of alignment. This is recurring theme among all of her games. In Mini 1472, she showed extremely strong early game play being a voice of reason and a player that several others were able to bounce thoughts off of. She later went on the help town win the game. In BB:HoH Mafia, she as Imperium (hydra with Nachomamma8) engaged several players, narrowed down scumteams, and most memorably pushed other players (like me) into getting involved and pulling our weight and kept the town on track. There was another game she played under an alt and even when I didn't know who was playing, I thought that the person was a lot of fun to play with, and only later realized that it was Tammy. Overall, I feel that Tammy really connects with people extremely well, is amazing at communicating and makes games more upbeat, enjoyable, and fun for everyone involved.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:32 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 690, penguin_alien wrote:Nth Cephrir for Cunning Manipulator with a suggestion to add NY 164 to the list of his well-played scum games. He was unlynchable and he kept nailing the opposition at night via PRs and whatnot.
I'd Nth as well, as long as we use NY 164 in connection to 165, where he played mindgames with me. We were partners in 164, and I caught what he was doing in 165. However, he knew that I couldn't say why I had caught him, and he used that to his advantage. It took a SK to take care of him, because he made sure the town wasn't listening to me. It was a great performance.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:20 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 693, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 690, penguin_alien wrote:Nth Cephrir for Cunning Manipulator with a suggestion to add NY 164 to the list of his well-played scum games. He was unlynchable and he kept nailing the opposition at night via PRs and whatnot.
I'd Nth as well, as long as we use NY 164 in connection to 165, where he played mindgames with me. We were partners in 164, and I caught what he was doing in 165. However, he knew that I couldn't say why I had caught him, and he used that to his advantage. It took a SK to take care of him, because he made sure the town wasn't listening to me. It was a great performance.
Damn right ;)

Aside from that though, I actually thought League of Legends mafia was better than 165 >.>

To be fair, I can't take credit for getting our night actions right in 164, gotta give props to Bulba on that one.

But thanks guys, I'm flattered <3
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:55 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Nth Babysitter

Nominating Saulres/RickRoll for Best Mechanic/Mutation
in Meme Mafia II.
Nominating Saulres/RickRoll for Best Flavor Text
in Meme Mafia II.
The game a cluster of memes, but play actually managed to get through, and the game is one that has become most memorable to me. When I tell friends about the games I play on this site, I always mention that one and pull it up. Each player was given a role PM that actually did a good job of explaining the memes there (while linking to Rick Roll videos, of course). The Role PMs themselves all included examples of the post restriction by being written in the same restrictions given--it's the first time I've laughed while reading Role PMs and the first time I read every single one more than once. I really liked the game and it's stuck with me as one of those that I'll never forget.

I guess I'll also nominate myself for Charles Barkley.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:05 am

Post by Tierce »

Something I should have done a while back, but at least now I have a fresh game to back this up.

Nominate Magua for Most Enjoyable Player

Nominate Magua for Best Replacement

Not only does he replace into long, sloggy games, but he manages to inject new life into them and make them truly fun. Magua has an excellent sense of humor and keeps things funny even through very obviously frustrated posts.

This is someone you want in your games. He may run away from ever playing a D1 anywhere anytime, but if you need a replacement who can keep things entertaining for players, spectators and the moderator, and who pours his heart into it when games hit the 100 page mark, Magua is your guy. Just don't expect him to read the pages before he replaced in.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:06 am

Post by Faraday »

2nd Magua
for both.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:07 am

Post by Faraday »

Although, I'm not sure my game will count for Cephrir's don corleone nom since it ended in 2014. (It's still a body of work award, and he has other games etc...but yeah, dunno)
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:29 am

Post by quadz08 »

I guess this is technically 2014 but I'M NOMMING IT ANYWAY DAMMIT

Nom Mina for Professor Mafia for this thread in MD.
It is possibly the most unambiguously important and accurate advice ever written in MD.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”