Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #331 (isolation #0) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:39 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 329, BROseidon wrote:nth xenoblade.

I feel like the entire playerbase is going to nth it >.>
Nth Xenoblade, 2nd bork
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #378 (isolation #1) » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:36 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Nominate uctriton00 for best flavor for Open 507: Hard Boiled Mafia

Link.

Open 507 is a story about coming of age, of a kid who wants to save the world, but is as of yet too naive to understand harsh reality. It begins with eggs that are hard boiled instead of raw, innocent questions, and children playing detective games together to solve a relatively harmless mystery. As clues don't pop up although he continues searching, he slowly goes insane, throwing baked goods in the very factory he was sworn to protect as he still finds nothing. It ends with carbombs, heartache, breaking and entering, and the lesson that sometimes in this world there are people who screw you over for no reason at all.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #606 (isolation #2) » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:01 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

2nd muffin

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #613 (isolation #3) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:08 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Nominate F-16 for Rising Star and Best Mafia Catcher

Recent Games that we've played together:

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=32611 - Micro 254, Mentor and Mentee. I was hydraing with Bert for this game, got recruited as the Mentee. Strongarmed a DoLittle lynch Day 1, decided F-16 was a threat that needed to be out of the way in order for the opportunity to win, began attempting to strongarm a lynch on F-16 Day 2. He played a hell of a game in keeping up with me, causing the town to freeze up pretty much completely D2; the only reason I had any real advantage over him was because of plurality lynches and me having my vote on him first. In the end, he played strongly enough where one of the people he was scumreading wouldn't lynch him, and said person ended up putting his vote on the mentor. Our slot misstepped and unvoted in a bit of a panic. F-16 used the upper hand to identify our mentor and help lynch him, despite a last minute distancing ploy.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30983 - Big Brother. F-16 replaced in a little before Tammy and I died, and turned a slot that was pretty much dead due to the predecessor into everyone's strongest townread. In the end, the game was lost due to poor setup speculation, but F-16 was certainly the town player who put in the most effort and came closest to gamesolving.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=32520 - There is No Doctor. Correctly identified my hydra partner as scum, I was able to shake off some of the suspicion of our slot, grab a mislynch, with F-16 throwing around the possibility of an us/my partner scumteam. We would have killed F-16 that night, but had a claimed cop to deal with. With a single extra day, F-16 was able to narrow down groups of possible scum, pegged the hell out of my scumpartner before he because strong scum after claims. This was F-16's play when dealing with a new style.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30998 - Harry Potter. Pegged the scumteam, didn't manage to get us lynched immediately due a little bit to the scumteam having a reputation edge over him and due to a gambit that got me "cleared". I chose to shoot a doctor over him the night I replaced in, and that ended up making the game a hell of a lot more difficult than it would have been otherwise.

Overall, I think he's a great player without the reputation that he deserves. He's had close to perfect if not perfect in the last few games we've played together, he has a wonderfully thorough way of scumhunting that leaves him with very very few blindspots, and has come a far way from the first couple of games that I played with him (and hey hey hey, he was pretty good then).

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #664 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:22 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

2nd Pieguyn for Rising Star

In order to support this second, look at Marketplace Mafia where pieguyn replaced into a lurker slot and turned it into 1 of 4 townie slots in the BIG SIX (the other three were: PeregrineV, who was extraordinarily town due to mechanics, Tammy/Syryana town, and Ffery/Cabd town).

Nominate Cabd for Best Replacement

I didn't really think there were any players this year that really stepped it up as far as replacing in to a sheer number of games, but as for what replacement you really really want to come in when your game is in trouble, it's Cabd. There's something about him reading every game on site that makes him a nice person to go to when deadline's coming soon and you don't really have to extend deadline anymore.

Nominate Mind Reader Mafia for Best Setup

This setup was centered around the role of the mind reader, who got access to everyone's personal QT and was known to be in the game and thus confirmed town. The setup allowed for a mostly mountainous game which ended up being pretty certifiably awesome; every townie had a mason/hydra partner to vent to, and every scum had one confirmed town who they had to find eventually but could also singularly choose to manipulate. Mastin was scum in this game and his QT was a fucking masterpiece.

Nominate Scumteam of Scummies Invitational for Best Scumteam

I'm not sure why this hasn't been nominated yet, considering two of this scumteam's members were nominated for Don Corelone based on this game alone? I thought this scumteam did pretty amazing in keeping the mist spreading and had a very strong core that each filled important roles (LLD for manipulating everyone ever, Matias for looking extremely genuine and playing beyond what most people expected from him, singer for pulling off genuine notes pretty excellently and playing to keep power players who were expected to read her placated).

Most Enjoyable Game:
I just want to reemphasize how fucking fun Xenoblade was. I've played a lot of other games this year that game close to being as fun as Xenoblade, but nothing quite reached Xenoblade's excellence because that game fucking rocked.

Nominate Babysitter (N's Notably Narcissistic Nonsensical Namesake) for Best Role

Babysitter is a role that acts as a doctor unless the babysitter is killed during the night, in which case it acts as a vig. Not only is the flavor name for it pretty brilliant (babysitter watches the baby, but if the babysitter ditches the baby the baby dies :o), but it's an extremely flexible role (play obvtown and get a vengekill, or play support and back up obvious town), and is an interesting way to tackle follow-the-PR/innocent strategies (and I plan on submitting an open setup based around this role after I type this up!).

Nominate Fire Emblem: Awakening for Best Mechanic
All roles in the game are designated as either 'male' or 'female'. Most male roles have the ability to propose to another player once per day. If the proposee is female, they can accept, and if either has a particular role modifier ('childbearer'), their child (the parent will know the child's rolename but not their role) enters the game the following day, and the family becomes a neighborhood. These families have their flips delayed until the entire family is dead, at which point all of them flip. The only closed aspect is how the child's alignment is determined.
I thought it was a pretty graceful way to integrate janitored flips, which is something that is cool but fucked up pretty easily, and this mechanic ended up creating really strange family dynamics (some families were loyal to each other to the point of being completely irrational, while others got very paranoid of each other very early) and effected game play in a really interesting way that I don't think anyone saw coming.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #666 (isolation #5) » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:31 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

2nd Mastin for best IC

Nominate Thor665 for Best IC

It's hard to get a gauge on who is best IC since newbie games are not at all read that often, but Thor's IC games are some of the only other newbie games that I've actually read and enjoyed! His style is great for teaching newbies how to lead a bit, gain confidence in reads, play logically; he is always extremely willing to breakdown his play and why he's doing what he's doing. He's also an incredibly consistent player, which is important in IC games, I think: yes, everyone has off games, but it's good to give newbies great first impressions and Thor's off games are generally when he is investigated early as scum or when he is wrecked by great newbie scumteams.

and i think those are all the nominations i meant to make but just never got around to doing

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #678 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:27 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

2nd GuyInFreezer, BRO

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #681 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:28 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

2nd

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #688 (isolation #8) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:58 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Second the hell out of that.

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”