Newbie 1289 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Newbie 1289 - Game Over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:15 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Welcome to Newbie 1289

Moderator:
izakthegoomba
Backup Mod:
None. Please PM singersigner if I get hit by a train.

Current status:
Game over, scum win
Phase deadline:
none

Alive

Cheery Dog
replacing Natural_river, replacing BT

JasonWazza
replacing fish-riding-a-bike-2000, replacing PaperSpirit

Leonshade
replacing MrJamesWatson, replacing ovyo, replacing Sylvant

buldermar
Xalxe SE
replacing vendetta21

Dead

Deltabacon,
Townie
, was lynched Day 1
RedRabbit,
Townie
, was killed Night 1
Airick10 SE,
Townie
, was lynched Day 2
Tierce IC,
Cop
, was killed Night 2

* = prod

The SE (semi-experienced) players have finished at least two games on mafiascum.net. The IC (inexperience-challenged) player has completed at least five games on mafiascum.net, and is here to help you learn the game. His/her play is governed by the wiki article Being a good IC.

Rules

Failure to follow these rules may result in a punishment, replacement, modkill, blacklisting, or some combination of those.

0) Obey the Forum Rules and Guidelines at all times. They govern all activity on mafiascum.net and, in the event of a conflict, overrule what is written here.

1) My decision is final in all situations. However, I'm not a god - if I make a mistake, please PM me.

2) Play to win, play to have fun, and respect the other players. Personal attacks may incur a replacement or modkill.

3)
Red
is my color. Don’t use it.

4) Votes and Unvotes should use the proper voting tags, and be at the start of a line. Unvoting is not mandatory. The voting tags are as follows:

Code: Select all

[vote]name[/vote]
[unvote]name[/unvote]

5) Lynches require at least 51% of the total votes. A No Lynch requires at least 50% of the total votes. Once a hammer vote is placed, the person who has been hammered is dead, and may not post - revealing information or giving opinions after being hammered WILL incur a retroactive modkill. Everyone else may continue discussion until I lock the thread. If the deadline is reached without a hammer, there will be No Lynch.

6) When you die, you are dead - stay that way. Dead people can't talk. Dead people can't post, or use their QTs. Dead people don't say "bah". Dead people are, however, provided with a Dead Thread, in which they may discuss the game with their fellow corpses.

7) Do not edit posts. Do not delete posts. Do not use invisible text. Do not use small text. Do not use colours which are hard to read against the forum background. Do not use BBCode to conceal messages of any kind. Do not use cryptography. Do not use robust steganography. Do not impersonate the mod. Do not fake mod edits to your posts. All of these are likely to incur a replacement or modkill.

8) Day 1 will have a 21-day deadline. Subsequent Day phases will have 14-day deadlines. Day phases will end early if a lynch is reached. Night phases will have a 3-day deadline. Night phases will not end early.

9) Votecounts will be posted roughly once every 24 hours. Please do not request a votecount unless it has been considerably longer than 24 hours since the last one, or an abnormally large number of votes have changed.

10) Do not discuss, mention, or link to this game outside this thread unless your Role PM specifically says otherwise. Do not discuss any other ongoing game in this game or a quicktopic related to this game. Breaking this rule WILL incur a modkill.

11) Do not quote private communications from me or from other players, whether by PM or in a QT, whether real or faked - this includes content, timestamps, senders, receivers, and any other associated information. Do not link to any QTs you may have access to. Breaking this rule WILL incur a modkill.

12) Links to all game-related QTs will be posted after the game has ended.

13) Players will be prodded after 72 hours of not posting, or after 48 hours if a player requests a prod. Anyone who would require a three prods will be replaced. If you will be away for more than 48 hours, declare V/LA in this thread. Players will be replaced if they do not respond to prods promptly (if the game has moved to Night, PM me).

14) I may add, remove, or modify rules at any point. I may punish, replace, modkill, or blacklist players at any point, for any reason. Modkills may or may not end the day, at my discretion.

Setup & Role PMs

As of April 2011, all Newbie games use the 2of4 setup. The setup contains the following roles:

• 1 Mafia Rolecop
  • 1 Mafia Goon
  • 5 Townies
  • Plus 2 of these roles, without duplication:
    • Cop
    • Doctor
    • Jailkeeper
    • Townie

Mafia RolecopWelcome to Newbie 1289, [name]! You are a
Mafia Rolecop
. Your partner, [name], is a Mafia Goon.

During confirmations and the night phase, you may communicate using this quicktopic: [link]. Each night, either you or your partner may kill one player. Each night, you may also target one player to learn what their role name is. You will receive results in the format of "[name] is a [role]" or "No result".

You win when all living players are Mafia, or nothing can prevent the same.

The game thread is here: [link]. Good luck!

Please confirm that you have read and understood your role by replying to this PM, stating your role name and alignment. The game will begin when at least 8 players have confirmed.

Mafia GoonWelcome to Newbie 1289, [name]! You are a
Mafia Goon
. Your partner, [name], is a Mafia Rolecop.

During confirmations and the night phase, you may communicate using this quicktopic: [link]. Each night, either you or your partner may kill one player.

You win when all living players are Mafia, or nothing can prevent the same.

Please confirm that you have read and understood your role by replying to this PM, stating your role name and alignment. The game will begin when at least 8 players have confirmed.

CopWelcome to Newbie 1289, [name]! You are a
Cop

Each night, you may target one player to learn their alignment. You will receive results in the format of "[name] is aligned with the [town/mafia]" or "No result".

You win when all living players are Town, or nothing can prevent the same.

DoctorWelcome to Newbie 1289, [name]! You are a
Doctor

Each night, you may target one player to protect them. They will live through the night, even if they are targeted with a kill.

JailkeeperWelcome to Newbie 1289, [name]! You are a
Jailkeeper

Each night, you may target one player to jail them. They will live through the night (even if they are targeted with a kill), and any actions they try to use will fail.

TownieWelcome to Newbie 1289, [name]! You are a
Townie

You have no special powers.

Last edited by izakthegoomba on Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:33 pm, edited 33 times in total.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:32 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

All Role PMs are out. The game will begin when 8/9 players have confirmed.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:26 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

With 8 confirmations in, the game begins! buldermar has (expired on 2012-09-28 11:36:09) to confirm by PM, or he will be replaced.

Votecount 1.00

BT (0) -
none

RedRabbit (0) -
none

PaperSpirit (0) -
none

Sylvant (0) -
none

Deltabacon (0) -
none

buldermar (0) -
none

vendetta21 (0) -
none

Airick10 (0) -
none

Tierce (0) -
none

No Lynch (0) -
none

Not voting (9) - BT, RedRabbit, PaperSpirit, Sylvant, Deltabacon, buldermar, vendetta21, Airick10, Tierce

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Deadline: (expired on 2012-10-18 11:36:09)
Deltabacon
Deltabacon
Goon
Deltabacon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:32 am

Post by Deltabacon »

Well hey there and hello, everyone. I'm busy at the moment reading up on how to kick all your arses at Mafia, but whilst I'm here I'll put a vote down on BT for having the same name as a woeful Internet Provider.

##VOTE: BT
PaperSpirit
PaperSpirit
Townie
PaperSpirit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:54 am

Post by PaperSpirit »

Hello everyone! Let's get this show on the road.

So, a random vote for BT from Deltabacon? Hmm... I don't know about a random lynch. Going no lynch right now until we get more clues.

##VOTE: No Lynch
Airick10
Airick10
Goon
Airick10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:56 am

Post by Airick10 »

I don't see how a no lynch benefits the town. A random vote is simply a random vote just to start conversation.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:59 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Please at least bold your votes, and preferably use the proper voting tags. Otherwise there is a very real chance I could miss them.
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:09 am

Post by BT »

Airick10's got the right idea.

VOTE: Deltabacon

You don't need to kick
all
our arses, just some of them.
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:10 am

Post by BT »

By the by, what internet provider?
Deltabacon
Deltabacon
Goon
Deltabacon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:13 am

Post by Deltabacon »

British Telecomms.
Sylvant
Sylvant
Townie
Sylvant
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:38 am

Post by Sylvant »

Hey all.

VOTE: PaperSpirit because scissors beats paper. :-P
vendetta21
vendetta21
Townie
vendetta21
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:07 am

Post by vendetta21 »

In post 4, PaperSpirit wrote:Hello everyone!
Let's get this show on the road.

So, a random vote for BT from Deltabacon? Hmm... I don't know about a random lynch.
Going no lynch right now until we get more clues.

Getting the show on the road by doing nothing and waiting passively for someone else to do something?

VOTE: PaperSpirit
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:18 am

Post by BT »

In post 11, vendetta21 wrote:
In post 4, PaperSpirit wrote:Hello everyone!
Let's get this show on the road.

So, a random vote for BT from Deltabacon? Hmm... I don't know about a random lynch.
Going no lynch right now until we get more clues.

Getting the show on the road by doing nothing and waiting passively for someone else to do something?

VOTE: PaperSpirit

Serious vote?
PaperSpirit
PaperSpirit
Townie
PaperSpirit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:43 am

Post by PaperSpirit »

I just wrote something to post in the thread, as I've been waiting a time for this to begin. Also, I didn't think that lynching on the first day would yield anything good, mostly because we don't have any information yet, and it's a wider possibility to lynch a good guy instead of a bad guy.

By the way, is there any chance to change a vote during the day? Just to be sure (I think it does, but I'm not really sure. Looked up around but didn't find anything.)
RedRabbit
RedRabbit
Townie
RedRabbit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:57 am

Post by RedRabbit »

Checking in. Man it's been a long wait for this. RR will do btw if you're referencing me.

You can change your vote anytime you want PS. Just unvote [Players name] and then vote [Players name]. In bold of course. Like this:

unvote PaperSpirit

vote Airick 10.

'Cause even if Airick 10 has the right idea, he didn't vote.
Deltabacon
Deltabacon
Goon
Deltabacon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:36 am

Post by Deltabacon »

Yeah, with reference to nicknames, I'll answer to anything that looks like me; Delta, Bacon, DB, Deltabacon, pretty much anything.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:44 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 4, PaperSpirit wrote:Hello everyone! Let's get this show on the road.

So, a random vote for BT from Deltabacon? Hmm... I don't know about a random lynch. Going no lynch right now until we get more clues.

Just to clarify: If you have the option of either having a random person lynched or having no person lynched on day 1, and assuming no available information, the former is superior to the latter. However, I think the difference between not random voting and random voting in the early part of day 1 is negligible.
Sylvant
Sylvant
Townie
Sylvant
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:44 pm

Post by Sylvant »

How do you subscribe to a thread on this site? I looked around about but couldn't figure out how.
Sylvant
Sylvant
Townie
Sylvant
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:49 pm

Post by Sylvant »

Never mind I got it.
Airick10
Airick10
Goon
Airick10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:07 pm

Post by Airick10 »

Out of curiosity PaperSpirit, how many games have you played?
PaperSpirit
PaperSpirit
Townie
PaperSpirit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:05 pm

Post by PaperSpirit »

It's my first game yet.
PaperSpirit
PaperSpirit
Townie
PaperSpirit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:31 pm

Post by PaperSpirit »

wow. Didn't see Airick10's first post before now. I guess casting random votes will indeed start a conversation. But anyways, why do you ask?
Airick10
Airick10
Goon
Airick10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:59 am

Post by Airick10 »

In my opinion, voting no lynch in Day 1 would put you under the spotlight as doing that really isn't beneficial to the town. Thus, it's a scummy move. Vendetta acknowledges that and voted for you. I just want to chulk it up as a point brought up by a new player and nothing more. I think Vendetta is jumping the gun a bit.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:58 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 22, Airick10 wrote:In my opinion, voting no lynch in Day 1 would put you under the spotlight as doing that really isn't beneficial to the town. Thus, it's a scummy move. Vendetta acknowledges that and voted for you. I just want to chulk it up as a point brought up by a new player and nothing more. I think Vendetta is jumping the gun a bit.

You seem to insinuate that Vendettas vote wasn't random. Is this solely based on post 11?
Airick10
Airick10
Goon
Airick10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:54 am

Post by Airick10 »

Absolutely it wasn't random. In my view, it's a tad pre-mature. He is making a simple point and voting.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”