Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:44 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

?YouYou? wrote:It doesn't look like there's any claiming or voting strategy that helps us. So let's lynch ?Nameless One? and BrianMcQueso and see where that gets us.
I don't think I've ever seen someone push a lynch without voting for the proposed lynchee, who hasn't been scum. If you want someone lynched, the only reason not to vote them is so your name doesn't turn up on the vote count when they turn out to be pro-town.
unvote:?NamelessOne?
but IGMEOY)
Vote: You?You?
d_rouge
d_rouge
Goon
d_rouge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:38 pm

Post by d_rouge »

Mr Stoofer, are you reading this thread?
?Charlie? wrote:
BrianMcQueso wrote:
vote: ?YouYou?
I know my ideas have been a bit confusing, and maybe even voteworthy, but I don't think it's worth lynching me over. Your last post makes it seem like you're eager to start a real early bandwagon over something so little. There's been one vote on me for a real reason and one randomly. If you think I'm worth lynching, maybe you should vote me instead of trying to stir up support.
Flying Dutchman wrote:
Vote: ?YouYou?

Trying to get someone lynched without voting yourself is a standard mafia tactic, since not being on the bandwagon will appear innocent if the person is lynched and turns out innocent.
Well, I think it's quite scummy ?YouYou?'s post for giving no reason behind the choice of those two names, but you can't really blame him for not putting his vote where his mouth is: he can't vote twice and his vote is on ?Namelessone?.
FOS: Mr Stoofer
World Champions!!!
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:43 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

D'oh! I accept your finger of stupidity.

I saw 2 people saying that ?YouYou? hadn't voted for his targets and I thought "hey, that
is
scummy!" so I went ahead and voted. My bad. I'll revert to my previous vote:
unvote: ?YouYou?, vote: ?NamelessOne?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:09 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

?Allstar? wrote:
Dranko20 wrote:I feel I should say speculating this early can be bad.
Seconded. We've got 3 pages now to use to find scum instead of fancy-pants schemes.

I'm happy with my vote on ?Rainbow Brite? - 1 post, no content, just jumped on bandwagon.
VOTE: Allstar

only 2 posts, yet votes for someone with only 1 post
little content, but votes for someone with none

seems highly hypocritical to me.

and before you try to say that I'm being hypocritical with my vote, I'm voting BECAUSE of the hypocrisy, not because of the lack of posting.
Permanent V/LA.
?Rainbow Brite?
?Rainbow Brite?
Townie
?Rainbow Brite?
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:34 am

Post by ?Rainbow Brite? »

BrianMcQueso wrote:I missed the part where ?YouYou? was voting for their other suspicious target. Nevertheless, I'd prefer a bit of explanation as to why I'm being marked as a candidate for quick lynch, or why that's even being suggested.
we're still waiting for this explanation.

fos: ?youyou?.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:45 pm

Post by BrianMcQueso »

I thought we expected the secondary accounts to be less active because they're a pain in the ass to check. I can't post under mine right after I post on this one because it'll be friggin obvious.
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
?Rainbow Brite?
?Rainbow Brite?
Townie
?Rainbow Brite?
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:50 pm

Post by ?Rainbow Brite? »

BrianMcQueso wrote:I thought we expected the secondary accounts to be less active because they're a pain in the ass to check. I can't post under mine right after I post on this one because it'll be friggin obvious.
i dont think we should accept that as a reason for inactivity. people will just have to kick their butts into gear.

especially when we're awaiting answers to questions.

fos: brian
for being a secondary account lurker apologist.
?Allstar?
?Allstar?
Townie
?Allstar?
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:09 pm

Post by ?Allstar? »

?Rainbow Brite? wrote:
BrianMcQueso wrote:I thought we expected the secondary accounts to be less active because they're a pain in the ass to check. I can't post under mine right after I post on this one because it'll be friggin obvious.
i dont think we should accept that as a reason for inactivity. people will just have to kick their butts into gear.
I agree, lurking secondary accounts are a potential danger and we should accept no excuses. MoS: you are quite right to pick me up on this (it was just laziness) and I'm gonna try harder. Sorry.

I can understand why ?YouYou? pushed for lynching ?NamelessOne? but not BrianMcQueso. And I'm going to get real suspicous if he/she doesn't answer BM's and ?RB?'s request for an explanantion soon.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:56 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

MOD
: Can we have a vote count, please?
?Impossible?
?Impossible?
Townie
?Impossible?
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:05 pm

Post by ?Impossible? »

one thing i hate about secondary accounts is that you have to come up with new things to say for them. if you have an opinion, you would probably post it under your regular account. you run out of creative, insightful things to post about which leaves you with posts like this one that do not help really progress the game along.
nothing is impossible... except me
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:08 pm

Post by mepmuff »

Point of order: Can we please use full names when referring to ?? accounts? It's hard enough as it is without having to figure out who ?RB? is (although that one is quite clear in the context).

Still don't quite know where to go lynch wise. Besides a vote count, perhaps the mod would be so kind to clarify something (I'm just not 100% sure on this).
top post wrote:Each day there will be two lynches, they can both be from the same group if you guys wish. They will still require the majority of votes.
Does this mean we'll need 11 votes to lynch someone, end then once more before day ends? Or is it two times 6 votes?
Disclaimer: Not an actual claim. [i](Save The Dragons in Peacecity 1)[/i]
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:13 pm

Post by mepmuff »

one thing i hate about secondary accounts is that you have to come up with new things to say for them. if you have an opinion, you would probably post it under your regular account. you run out of creative, insightful things to post about which leaves you with posts like this one that do not help really progress the game along.
Think of it like this: When your primary account dies, you don't want to go to a great big deal of hassle to get your secondary account into the game halfway through. There's already one person who only has a secondary left. If people don't seriously use their secondaries they will be forced to lurk or stand out from the crowd by being the only secondary posting (making them very easy targets for scum).
?Charlie?
?Charlie?
Townie
?Charlie?
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:14 am

Post by ?Charlie? »

mepmuff wrote:
top post wrote:Each day there will be two lynches, they can both be from the same group if you guys wish. They will still require the majority of votes.
Does this mean we'll need 11 votes to lynch someone, end then once more before day ends? Or is it two times 6 votes?
I really hope it's 11 two times, because otherwise, assuming a 3-person mafia, scum can lynch somebody with their own votes and that would probably mean that the game is over before it even starts.

I am also wondering -but this won't get an answer by the mod- since it seems that mafia has two nightkills, whether it will be like that for all the game or if it will go down to one after a certain number of them has died. Since the town has two lynches everyday, simmetry would suggest the former of the two, and that's pretty scary.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:32 am

Post by Seol »

?Charlie? wrote:
mepmuff wrote:
I really hope it's 11 two times, because otherwise, assuming a 3-person mafia, scum can lynch somebody with their own votes and that would probably mean that the game is over before it even starts.
Two consecutive lynches, each of which require a majority.
?Charlie? wrote:I am also wondering -but this won't get an answer by the mod- since it seems that mafia has two nightkills, whether it will be like that for all the game or if it will go down to one after a certain number of them has died. Since the town has two lynches everyday, simmetry would suggest the former of the two, and that's pretty scary.
The impression I get is that there are two "separate" Mafias, one composed of, say, Meme, mathcam and Talitha, and the other of ?Meme?, ?mathcam? and ?Talitha?. Once all the normal or ?? Mafia are dead, then, their kill is gone.
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:25 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

Second vote count request.

Seol wrote:The impression I get is that there are two "separate" Mafias, one composed of, say, Meme, mathcam and Talitha, and the other of ?Meme?, ?mathcam? and ?Talitha?. Once all the normal or ?? Mafia are dead, then, their kill is gone.
Your guess is as good as mine....... I think this is probably true, and this may be very important. With 2 scum kills each night we won't survive for long..... However, earlier we discussed getting rid of all ?? accounts, and I still think that's a bad idea..... I'll give this some additional thought.
?Allstar?
?Allstar?
Townie
?Allstar?
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:57 pm

Post by ?Allstar? »

Just checking in to say I'm still waiting for the vote count and for ?YouYou?'s explanation.

If that doesn't lead anywhere then I am pretty much out of ideas -- I would suggest going after some of the lurkers. ?Colinus?, ?PurpleLiquid? and Quailman are amongst those keeping an un-healthily low profile.
StrykkerVerde
StrykkerVerde
Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:32 pm

Post by StrykkerVerde »

The Mr Stoofer Wasn’t voting for ?Rainbow Brite?, BrianMcQueso and Flying Dutchman didn’t unvote, and I really need a sandwich Vote Count:

Seol

mepmuff

GreenLiquid

Dranko20 1
- Mepmuff
d_rouge

Mastermind of Sin

BrianMcQueso 1
– Quailman, d-rogue
Quailman

Flying Dutchman

Mr Stoofer 5
- ?Charlie?, Seol, ?Purple Liquid?, ?Rainbow Brite?, ?Namelessone?

?Clear Liquid?

?YouYou? 1
– BrianMcqueso,
?Allstar? 1
- Mastermind of Sin
?Rainbow Brite? 1
- ?Allstar?,
?Purple Liquid? 1
- ?Clear Liquid?
?Colinus?

?Charlie? 1
– Green Liquid,
???? 1
– Dranko20
?Namelessone? 3
- ?Colinus?, ?YouYou?, Mr Stoofer
?Impossible?

Those not voting:
????, ?Impossible?
I miss Puzzle.
?YouYou?
?YouYou?
Townie
?YouYou?
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:44 am

Post by ?YouYou? »

Why are people waiting for me? Because I want to lynch ?Nameless One? and Brian McQueso? Let's wait on BrianMcQueso and lynch ?Nameless One? then. Though I think Brian's discussion of mass claim wasn't very well thought out, I was mostly trying to think of a normal account that I didn't really like all that much. Now, I'm somewhat more suspicious, since he has claimed either non-vanilla townie or scum. Maybe we should lynch him based on that. I never suggested "speed-lynch," though.

I'm also still wondering if mass claim is a good idea. We'll probably figure out who some of us are anyway. Say that the scum really want to get ?Internet Stranger? out of the game. They've got a 2/7 chance of doing that during the night. We've got a 2/10 chance of doing that during the day. That's 28% vs. 20%. If we mass claim, we're on even ground, 100% and 100%.
If we add in the fact that the scum (since they've got more heads together, and they've got fewer people to try to link together) are more likely to link two people, they're in way more control.

If there is any reason for us to want to eliminate someone completely, we should go ahead and mass claim. That said, I don't think there's a reason for us to want to eliminate either Commodore Amazing or ?Internet Stranger? completely. They've got a much higher chance of being clear than anyone else.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:09 am

Post by Seol »

?YouYou? wrote:Why are people waiting for me? Because I want to lynch ?Nameless One? and Brian McQueso?
We wanted your reasons for saying "let's lynch X" so early on day 1. Seemed a little... over-eager, to say the least.
?YouYou? wrote:Let's wait on BrianMcQueso and lynch ?Nameless One? then. Though I think Brian's discussion of mass claim wasn't very well thought out, I was mostly trying to think of a normal account that I didn't really like all that much.
See, there's a reason. Strikes me as a really poor one, but it's a reason at least. Can you tell us what was scummy about it? I'd rather lynch people for scummy behaviour than not having a total understanding of this new variant nobody's ever played before.

Oh, and what was your reason for saying we should lynch ?NamelessOne? as opposed to, for example, prodding him to post a little more?
?YouYou? wrote:Now, I'm somewhat more suspicious, since he has claimed either non-vanilla townie or scum. Maybe we should lynch him based on that.
Well, that's one way of spinning his postulation there's no townies. So he's not a PJV. How on earth does that justify lynching him? I mean, how is it even scummy?
?YouYou? wrote:I never suggested "speed-lynch," though.
You suggested lynching without giving a reason why. Speed is irrelevant, it was a random lynch you were asking for, near as dammit.
unvote, vote: ?YouYou?
?YouYou? wrote:I'm also still wondering if mass claim is a good idea. We'll probably figure out who some of us are anyway. Say that the scum really want to get ?Internet Stranger? out of the game. They've got a 2/7 chance of doing that during the night. We've got a 2/10 chance of doing that during the day. That's 28% vs. 20%. If we mass claim, we're on even ground, 100% and 100%.
I've worked out why mass claiming is bad. It's for the reasons Brian cited, except replace revelation on death with claiming. People will be bandwagonned to claims today, and if we've mass-claimed that's both halves of the role gone. People will have information roles which they'll want to claim, and if we've mass-claimed that's both halves of the role gone.
?YouYou? wrote:If we add in the fact that the scum (since they've got more heads together, and they've got fewer people to try to link together) are more likely to link two people, they're in way more control.
So let's make it as difficult as possible for them.
?YouYou? wrote:If there is any reason for us to want to eliminate someone completely, we should go ahead and mass claim. That said, I don't think there's a reason for us to want to eliminate either Commodore Amazing or ?Internet Stranger? completely. They've got a much higher chance of being clear than anyone else.
Well, not at this point. The only significant reason I can think of that we'd want to eliminate both halves of a role is if we have a reliable investigation result on them. The scum have a whole raft of reasons to get rid of both halves.

Firstly, it's one less pro-town head in the game to argue the town's side. Two separate halves are more useful to the town than both halves of a single role for that reason. Secondly, with any role that has any sort of information, it eliminates undisclosed information, as well as guaranteeing there won't be any more to come.

Why are we talking about mass claim day 1 anyway?
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
????
????
Townie
????
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:35 am

Post by ???? »

I'd just like to say Seol is making an awful lot of sense to me. Add to that the fact that ?YouYou? is trying to sidestep the request for better reasoning for his accusations against Brian and ?NemelessOne?, and that leads me to:

vote: ?YouYou?
I'm a figment of someone's imagination.
?YouYou?
?YouYou?
Townie
?YouYou?
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:07 am

Post by ?YouYou? »

This post was long, so I cut it down. I'm not avoiding questions, I'm only responding to the ones that
seem reasonable to ask
it's conceivable someone might think are reasonable to ask.
Seol wrote:what was your reason for saying we should lynch ?Nameless One? as opposed to prodding him to post?
Voting for ?Nameless One? seems to be a good way to get him to post more.
BrianMcQueso wrote:I know (well not know, but I'd bet serious money) there are no townies in this game. StrykkerVerde abhors putting basic townsfolk in his games.
Seol wrote:
?YouYou? wrote:[Brian] has claimed either non-vanilla townie or scum. Maybe we should lynch him based on that.
How does that justify lynching him? I mean, how is it even scummy?
Does it sound scummy if I rephrase it as "Hey, guys. Tell me your roles, please, thanks." or "Oh, crap, forgot to tell my scum buds not to claim vanilla townie, better do that?" It's probably the scummiest thing anyone has said so far with regard to the set-up. You should realize this.
Seol wrote:
?YouYou? wrote:I never suggested "speed-lynch," though.
You suggested lynching without giving a reason why... it was a random lynch you were asking for...
There were already reasons given for voting for Brian and ?Nameless One? by others. It was not random. I've never seen Seol bark up the wrong tree so much before. Having a reputation for being a good town player must suck when you're in the Mafia.
Seol wrote:People will be bandwagonned to claims today, and if we've mass-claimed that's both halves of the role gone.
I guess the only way we can win is if we've got some good roles left. Let's assume we do, and not mass-claim.
Seol wrote:Why are we talking about mass claim day 1 anyway?
When we lynch you, we're going to want to lynch the other half too.
???? wrote:Seol is making an awful lot of sense to me.
That makes one of us. I hope you're Seol.

It's not like I started a bandwagon, let it go, watched two townies get killed, and said, "Aw, shucks, whose fault was that?" They didn't even get higher than three votes. And they certainly aren't worse than any bandwagons you see on other DAY ONEs.

Once more, here are my reasons:
?Nameless One? - lurking and bandwagoning Stoofer based on crap.
BrianMcQueso - sketchy mass claim logic, and lack of a better candidate in the original account crowd. Plus, the people voting for him seem pretty not-scummy to me.

Now let's lynch Seol and either ?Nameless One?, BrianMcQueso, or ?Seol?.

unvote: ?Nameless One?, vote: Seol
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:21 pm

Post by mepmuff »

Wow... That looked rather panicky ?YouYou?. I thought at first that the reactions against you were rather over the top, but you're changing my mind quickly.
FOS: ?YouYou?
. I'm going to have to think about this and read it again a bit later to see if I'll upgrade to a vote.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:23 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

I don't really like ?YouYou?'s response but I'm not sure that it is a scummy response or just shows that he/she is over eager. I can sort of have sympathy for anyone who has a strong desire to lynch someone, as I feel that we don't have much to go on yet and we have to find
lynches today.

At the moment ?YouYou? has not done enough to make me want to switch from ?NamelessOne? who is still lurking.
????
????
Townie
????
Townie
Townie

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:25 pm

Post by ???? »

A little tip for those having problems with their secondary accounts:

Install a second browser and use that for the secondary. I myself use Firefox and IE, one for my primary and one for my secondary. I've even selected two different styles in my profile to remind myself which account I'm using. Another option is to use two different computers, but that might be a bit expensive :P
????
????
Townie
????
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:25 pm

Post by ???? »

A little tip for those having problems with their secondary accounts:

Install a second browser and use that for the secondary. I myself use Firefox and IE, one for my primary and one for my secondary. I've even selected two different styles in my profile to remind myself which account I'm using. Another option is to use two different computers, but that might be a bit expensive :P

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”