Townie
????
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:02 am

Post by ???? »

vote: Mr Stoofer
for helping the bad guys. Here's my reasoning:

We now have 10 ?? players. We kill two, leaving eight. Now the bad guys have the option to limit their kills to ?? as well, giving them a pretty good shot at half the good power roles left. Yes, their ?? accounts will stand out like a sore thumb after this, but it will take us two days to lynch the remaining four (if we don't lynch ?scum? today and scum don't kill other ?scum? ). This looks like a sweet deal for the scum to me.
I'm a figment of someone's imagination.
Dranko20
Dranko20
Goon
Dranko20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:09 am

Post by Dranko20 »

random vote: ????

(nothing to do this the vote, but I feel I should say speculating this early can be bad. How do you know all the kills will go through? I have a STRONG feelings there are some interesting roles out there that can screw up the scums plans pretty badly. Know what I mean?)

Also, I am flattered of how many people seem to think I belong to them.

My AIM sn is iexiledi, so send me some whispers sexys.
Quote: """""Quote"-Quote"-Quote"-Quote""
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:58 am

Post by Seol »

Mr Stoofer wrote:However, I don't think that the strategy of lynching ? accounts leads to the result you suggest. The scum have to kill off an equal number of normals and ? so as to avoid detection - as they did last night. This is because the scum get 4 kills at night and the town gets only 2 lynches a day. So if we only lynched the ? accounts, and the scum only killed the normal accounts, we'd quickly get to the position where the only normal accounts left were scum.
Except, surely, if it was to the advantage of the scum to have even numbers of ??s and normals, if we lynch two ??s, they'll aim to kill one ?? and three normals. So the town can't control the balance of ??s-to-normals. The question is then - could it be to the advantage of the scum to have an imbalance?

We don't get any role revelation until both halves of someone are dead. Without role revelation, we have very little by way of information to go on. The best way of the scum minimising the information we have, therefore, is to support a "let's make one race extinct first" strategy. With 10 alive today, we could be dropped to just
four
?? accounts tomorrow if we're unlucky, and even then we're unlikely to eliminate all the ?? Mafia the following day. Then there's another night of probably at least one killing group getting double-kills, and we basically starting a mini from scratch except the scum have a huge headstart.

As the town, we want to split the kills, not localise them.

vote: Mr. Stoofer
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:06 am

Post by Quailman »

bah. I hate signing in and out. Let's knock off all the ?? accounts and then none of us will have to worry about it. :P
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:41 am

Post by Seol »

Quailman wrote:bah. I hate signing in and out. Let's knock off all the ?? accounts and then none of us will have to worry about it. :P
That's the one element of Stoof's argument I do agree with. I've actually gone and forgotten the password for my ?Charlie? account, I can't log in to it at all. :wink:
?YouYou?
?YouYou?
Townie
?YouYou?
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:49 am

Post by ?YouYou? »

Seol wrote:I've actually gone and forgotten the password for my ?Charlie? account, I can't log in to it at all.
Smooth claim... ?
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:56 am

Post by Seol »

?YouYou? wrote:
Seol wrote:I've actually gone and forgotten the password for my ?Charlie? account, I can't log in to it at all.
Smooth claim... ?
Oh wait, THAT'S why I can't log in to it - it's not my account at all!

:roll:
?PurpleLiquid?
?PurpleLiquid?
Townie
?PurpleLiquid?
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:09 am

Post by ?PurpleLiquid? »

Seol wrote: Oh wait, THAT'S why I can't log in to it - it's not my account at all!
:lol:

Vote: Mr. Stoofer
Hmmm...
?Rainbow Brite?
?Rainbow Brite?
Townie
?Rainbow Brite?
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:49 am

Post by ?Rainbow Brite? »

hey guys!

cool, a bandwagon already.
vote: mr. stoofer

die scum :twisted:
?Impossible?
?Impossible?
Townie
?Impossible?
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:20 am

Post by ?Impossible? »

we have to be careful with claiming our alter egos. if the mafia kills two accounts, but those two accounts weren't the same person, then we still have some use of their power, so we don't lose all of our doctor power for example

for the problem of logging in, i just use a different internet browser for this name. works fine for me :mrgreen:
nothing is impossible... except me
StrykkerVerde
StrykkerVerde
Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:43 pm

Post by StrykkerVerde »

Sorry Guys, I wish I could host a normal game, but I'm easily bored, and I have to think up all this weird crap to make it more interesting.
I miss Puzzle.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:31 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Seol wrote:Except, surely, if it was to the advantage of the scum to have even numbers of ??s and normals, if we lynch two ??s, they'll aim to kill one ?? and three normals. So the town can't control the balance of ??s-to-normals.
Come on Seol, think about it. How can the scum choose to kill 3 normals and 1 ? ?. Unless there is one kill group with 4 nightkills (unlikely) then there are 2 groups and they are not able to coordinate. The town can coordinate its lynchings and can influence the balance. And if there is a vig, then the town really can control balance.
Seol wrote:The question is then - could it be to the advantage of the scum to have an imbalance?
I can't think of any advantages at the moment. Can anyone else? I've suggested
FOUR
advantages to the town to Town in an imbalance (the 3 in my post 11 plus the fact that the surviving accounts in the minority group must be scum (my post 18 )).

Finger of Stupidity: everyone on my bandwagon who isn't scum
. The one thing that annoys me about this game is the way that, when you start a discussion going, people who don't agree with you vote for you. I wanted to discuss how the town might use the set-up of this game to its advantage -- and as a result I get bandwagonned. Do you really think that I am more likely to be scum that all those who haven't posted anything of substance?
?Charlie?
?Charlie?
Townie
?Charlie?
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:46 pm

Post by ?Charlie? »

Could we have a
vote count
?
How many is to lynch? 11?
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:08 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

That's odd, half my post went miossing. The rest would have said:
Seol wrote: With 10 alive today, we could be dropped to just
four
?? accounts tomorrow if we're unlucky
Why unlucky? If we only have 4 ?? accounts, they are probably all scum (3 mafia, 1 SK). We do a big claim and we know all the scum's accounts. That's why an imblanace helps us. (Unless ther scum start killing themselves, in which case we can afford to lynch the innocent ?? accounts to root out the evil ones.)
Seol wrote:As the town, we want to split the kills, not localise them.
I may be being incredibly dense, but why?
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:10 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Sorry for the multiple posts but I've just thought of a fifth reason in favour of concentrating on the ?? accounts: once they are all gone the scum will have lost 2 of their night kills.

Please bear in mind that I am not saying that we have to do this, I just want to discuss it. But at the moment I can think of 5 reasons in favour and none against.
d_rouge
d_rouge
Goon
d_rouge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:55 pm

Post by d_rouge »

Mr Stoofer wrote: Why unlucky? If we only have 4 ?? accounts, they are probably all scum (3 mafia, 1 SK). We do a big claim and we know all the scum's accounts. That's why an imblanace helps us. (Unless ther scum start killing themselves, in which case we can afford to lynch the innocent ?? accounts to root out the evil ones.)
By "a big claim" you mean that everybody claims a ?? account so that who claims the ?? accounts still alive must be scum? This is what I get from your post.
Obviously this doesn't work because there's the chance where some scum's ?? account is already dead, so you'll just end up lynching several innocents. Of course that's a sure way of getting rid of half the scum, but I don't think we can afford it.
Mr Stoofer wrote:Sorry for the multiple posts but I've just thought of a fifth reason in favour of concentrating on the ?? accounts: once they are all gone the scum will have lost 2 of their night kills.
And we will have lost half of our population! Or even worse, while we're busy lynching the ?? accounts, scum will kill some of the regular ones too. So in the end we'll have no ?? accounts and a lot of scum among the few survived regular accounts.
World Champions!!!
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:17 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

This game is very swayed to the scum side, I'm afraid..... A second (probably semi-random) day one lynch won't be of much use to us, I fear, while the extra kills can really hurt us.
?NamelessOne?
?NamelessOne?
Townie
?NamelessOne?
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:57 am

Post by ?NamelessOne? »

Good morning!

Vote: Mr. Stoofer

Always bandwagon when you get the chance!
????
????
Townie
????
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:42 am

Post by ???? »

unvote: Mr. Stoofer

My vote was purely meant to emphazise that I oppose his reasoning. I'll second his
FOS
for those that bandwagoned without discussing.
Stoofer point 1 wrote:1. Everyone is likely to use their secondary accounts less often, so it will be much harder to pick up scum tells from the alter egos.
So we should coincentrate on making random kills instead of more informed ones? I say we should pressure ?? accounts if they are not used enough, but not lynch all ?? accounts just because scum are using them to hide.
Stoofer point 2 wrote:2. I think that experience of how people play is an important part of finding scum. (e.g. X usually posts a lot, he is lurking, therefore he is scummy). We just can't use that reasoning on the alter egos.
Yes, we should use that for the normal accounts. But that doesn't mean we should target ?? accounts. Do you normally go after newbies as well because you don't have experience with them?
Stoofer point 3 wrote:3. It is a pain logging in as a secondary account. If one of my boys is going to die I want it to be my alter ego.
Uhmm yeah, now that's a reason.... :roll:
Stoofer point 4? wrote:However, I don't think that the strategy of lynching ? accounts leads to the result you suggest. The scum have to kill off an equal number of normals and ? so as to avoid detection - as they did last night. This is because the scum get 4 kills at night and the town gets only 2 lynches a day. So if we only lynched the ? accounts, and the scum only killed the normal accounts, we'd quickly get to the position where the only normal accounts left were scum. We would then lynch the surviving normal accounts and their ? accounts (I suspect it will be very difficult for ? accounts to falsely claim to be associated with a normal account other than their own - impossible if we do the claim before lynching the surviving normals).
If we go for ?? accounts as a strategy, chances are we won't lynch scum today. If the scum go for ?? accounts as well, we'll have four ?? accounts left tomorrow. Let's say one scum dies during nighttime crossfire, that will leave three or four scum tomorrow (estimate) and one or no good guy ??. That will mean that tomorrow we will have made a small dent in the scum pack, while the chances are very big half our docs and any other good roles are gone. Getting rid of the remaining ?? accounts still takes us two more days.
Stoofer point 5 wrote:Why unlucky? If we only have 4 ?? accounts, they are probably all scum (3 mafia, 1 SK). We do a big claim and we know all the scum's accounts. That's why an imblanace helps us. (Unless ther scum start killing themselves, in which case we can afford to lynch the innocent ?? accounts to root out the evil ones.)
Yes, we can do a big claim, but it will take us four days to actually lynch them. I think we need to act quicker than that. At that point multiple scum factions will also be able to coordinate their votes (with four bad guys on normal and ??, that's eight out of 14!).

I say we just look hard for suspects as normal and use our double kill to our advantage when we hit situations like at-least-one-of-a-and-b-is-scum. If we have too many suspects for a day, then I'm willing to reconsider deliberately adjusting the balance.
I'm a figment of someone's imagination.
?Colinus?
?Colinus?
Townie
?Colinus?
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:59 am

Post by ?Colinus? »

Dang! I've read the whole thread twice through and I can't make up my mind. I am opposed to killing off ?? players for the obvious reason. OTOH, narrowing the field almost seems to make sense. But if we do, then why not go after the other half?

I agree with Mr. Stoofer that all those who jumped on his bandwagon are suspicious. He put forth a proposal to start discussion and got pounced upon. For now I think I'll
vote: ?NamelessOne?

It's not that I endorse going after one set or the other, but we've got to lynch someone.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:27 am

Post by Seol »

Mr Stoofer wrote:
Seol wrote:Except, surely, if it was to the advantage of the scum to have even numbers of ??s and normals, if we lynch two ??s, they'll aim to kill one ?? and three normals. So the town can't control the balance of ??s-to-normals.
Come on Seol, think about it. How can the scum choose to kill 3 normals and 1 ? ?. Unless there is one kill group with 4 nightkills (unlikely) then there are 2 groups and they are not able to coordinate. The town can coordinate its lynchings and can influence the balance. And if there is a vig, then the town really can control balance.
True, they can't co-oridinate perfectly. It may be a couple of kills out, but it will tend towards that.
Stoof wrote:
Seol wrote:The question is then - could it be to the advantage of the scum to have an imbalance?
I can't think of any advantages at the moment. Can anyone else? I've suggested
FOUR
advantages to the town to Town in an imbalance (the 3 in my post 11 plus the fact that the surviving accounts in the minority group must be scum (my post 18 )).
Stoof wrote:
Finger of Stupidity: everyone on my bandwagon who isn't scum
. The one thing that annoys me about this game is the way that, when you start a discussion going, people who don't agree with you vote for you. I wanted to discuss how the town might use the set-up of this game to its advantage -- and as a result I get bandwagonned. Do you really think that I am more likely to be scum that all those who haven't posted anything of substance?
Well, if I can think of reasons why scum might want to put forward the reasoning and arguments you've been putting forward, then yes - you should be bandwagonned. Anti-town substance is a good reason to lynch you.
StrykkerVerde
StrykkerVerde
Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:37 am

Post by StrykkerVerde »

Sorry guys, really busy right now, I'll have a vote count taken care of by tonight, tomorrow morning at the latest.
I miss Puzzle.
?YouYou?
?YouYou?
Townie
?YouYou?
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:54 am

Post by ?YouYou? »

unvote: Mr Stoofer, vote: ?Nameless One?

I forgive Stoofer.
Dranko20
Dranko20
Goon
Dranko20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:36 pm

Post by Dranko20 »

i think ???? is Seol based on the quanitity and quality of the post
Quote: """""Quote"-Quote"-Quote"-Quote""
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:57 pm

Post by mepmuff »

FOS: Dranko20
for trying to link accounts prematurely. If a link is clear and that person isn't scum they will probably die. Look at esme.

unvote, vote:?YouYou?
I do think ?? accounts should post a bit more when they are used. Make logging in and out worth the while people.
Disclaimer: Not an actual claim. [i](Save The Dragons in Peacecity 1)[/i]

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”