Final VC of Day 2, Pine Lynched

Day 3 starts, AurorusVox Nightkilled
Final VC of Day 3, VisceraEyes Lynched
Junpei replaces ac1983fan

Day 4 starts, MichelSableheart Nightkilled
Salamence20 replaces brundibar
Final VC of Day 4, Alduskkel Lynched

Day 5 starts, Shattered Viewpoint Nightkilled
[url=http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p4195850]Day 5 ends, Cogito Ergo Sum Lynched, Game Over.

Sample VT Role PM:
Vanilla Townie wrote:Welcome, (player name)! You are a
Vanilla Townie.

Abilities:
Your weapon is your vote, you have no other abilities.

Win condition:
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Please confirm by return PM stating your role.
Last edited by Jackal711 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:37 am, edited 50 times in total.
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2012 3:53 pm

Post by Jackal711 »

Rules: (borrowed and modified from chkflip)

1. This is a closed setup, which means the only roles you will know in advance are your own and that of any other player I mention in your role PM. All other role information is secret, including how many players with a certain role exist and even if the role exists in the first place.

2. To vote for a player, bold the word "vote" followed by said player's name, e.g.
Vote: Jackal711
. As long as I can tell to whom you are referring, spelling does not count and I will accept abbreviated or otherwise shortened forms of the name of the vote's recipient. If you change your mind about whom you want lynched, you must bold an unvote, preferably in the format
Unvote: Jackal711
. You may also Vote: No Lynch, and Unvote: No Lynch. Use of the vote and unvote tags is also allowed, and preferred.

3. A majority of votes is required for a lynch, even at deadline. Once a lynch has been decided, it is final and further votes and unvotes do not count for the current day. If deadline is reached with no player having enough votes for a lynch, the day ends in an automatic No Lynch.

4. Once you're lynched, nightkilled, or modkilled (a modkill ends the day ONLY if the modkilled player is pro-town), I'll allow one "bah" post that doesn't contain any game-related content if you wish to make it, but you must thereafter stop posting in the game. Said "bah" post is the only post a dead player may make during twilight. Living players may continue to talk during twilight as long as they follow all of the rules.

5. You are not forced to like each other, but the fact that you badly want so and so offed does not give you the right to insult him or her. Please keep your hatred of people or groups thereof to yourself unless you want a warning. Three warnings (or an offensive enough post) and you will be ejected from the game and replaced with someone else.

6. Do not hide text or otherwise hinder its readability by using spoiler tags, invisible text, etc. THIS INCLUDES ENCRYPTED TEXT! You may, however, post in any color that can be easily read against the forum background other than
blue
. This is my mod color. Violators will be warned. Doing it again will result in replacement.

7. Impersonating the moderator WILL NOT HAPPEN. Doing so, you will be replaced.

8. If you somehow have the ability to edit or delete your posts in this forum, please DO NOT do so. If I catch you doing such, you will be replaced or modkilled.

9. You are not allowed to discuss this game outside of the thread unless I tell you otherwise, and then only with whom I have allowed you to do so and at your specified time. This is a modkillable offense.

10. Discussing an ongoing game in this game's thread gets you a warning the first time and a MODKILL the second time.

11. Do not quote or pretend to quote any private communication, either from me or from anyone else you are allowed to talk with at night. This includes your role PM. Violators will be modkilled. You are allowed to paraphrase, but you are not allowed to plagiarize. If in doubt as to your paraphrase's legality, PM me with the wording you want to use.

12. Claiming to be scum with someone else will result in a modkill.

13. I will issue a prod to any player that does not post for 72 hours without notifying me of his or her absence. If you are prodded, you will have 48 hours from the time of submission to post in thread. Failure to do so may result in replacement. I will only prod the same player twice. If a third prod is required, they will be replaced.

14. I am not God (or a Lawyer). I am only human and prone to making mistakes like any of us. If I do make a mistake please bring it to my attention either via PM or in thread. If addressing me in thread please do so in bold
@Mod: (message)

15. All rules are subject to change. If there are changes I will point them out in the next posted vote count.

16. All lynches and actions are considered to be done instantly. Obviously I can't be on all the time, so they will be posted as soon as possible. Night actions are considered to all happen at the same time. The principles of NAR (Natural Action Resolution) as discussed in the Wiki will apply in any conflict.

17. Deadlines will be 2 weeks for Days, and 48 hours for Night.

18. If anyone gets modkilled, they will turn into a Neutral Survivor for all purposes and will lose the game. Day will also end immediately if they were town-aligned.

19. The most important rule of all, saved for last for what I think is a very good reason: HAVE FUN! Enjoy! And good luck!
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2012 4:08 pm

Post by Jackal711 »

Role PMs
are being processed and should be out shortly
have been sent. Game will start when everyone has confirmed.

Do not get "cute" with your confirmations. Confirm exactly as directed.

Edit: Twelve out of thirteen are confirmed. Thread is open. (June 1st 12:45pm PDT)

The remaining player will be replaced if not confirmed by Sunday, June 3rd 9am PDT

VOTE COUNT 1.0

ac1983fan (0) -
Shattered Viewpoint (0) -
Mafuyu (0) -
Alduskkel (0) -
pieceofpecanpie (0) -
jee (0) -
MichelSableheart (0) -
AurorusVox (0) -
nhammen (0) -
quidagismedice (0) -
ICEninja (0) -
Pine (0) -
brundibar (0) -

Not Voting: Everyone

With 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is Friday, June 15, 2012 at 1:00 pm PDT or in (expired on 2012-06-15 13:00:00)
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:22 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Vote: Shattered Viewpoint

Let's go.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:28 am

Post by ICEninja »

Pine only joined this game to be scum with Nhammen.

Vote Pine
. Lynch Pine now, and Nhammen tomorrow when he flips scum.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
brundibar
brundibar
Goon
brundibar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:33 am

Post by brundibar »

Vote: pieceofpecanpie

The Devil's dessert.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:48 am

Post by Pine »

My advanced hyper-telepathy tells me this is a good vote.

Vote: ac1983fan
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:14 am

Post by ICEninja »

I know quite a few of you, which is awesome. Shattered, pecan, Pine, Nhammen, and Vox I've all played with, and Michael was one of the power players in the first game I read that got me interested in playing here way back in '10 (your play in that game actually significantly shaped my early development as a player, thought you aught to know that).

This should be a fun game!
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:52 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

Good to hear that, ICE. It's nice to know that players remember me.

Do pine and nhammen have a history together, that you're linking them already?

@AurorusVox, brundibar, pine: what do you hope to achieve when you place a random vote, and how does your random vote help achieve that?

Even though prods only go out after 72 hours of inactivity, I would like to ask everyone to try to post at least once every 24 hours. Inactivity can be fatal to a town, as it can suck away all enjoyment for the other players. On a related note, lying low is (virtually) never a pro-town strategy, IMO. It shouldn't be up to the powerroles to avoid being nightkilled, it should be up to the other players to draw the nightkill away from them. If everyone just acts as pro-town as possible, mafia have a much harder time achieving their goals.

The possibility that mafia waited with confirming to gain more time for pregame discussion makes Mafuyu slightly more likely to be scum then the other players in the game at this point in time.

Vote Mafuyu
There is no 'a' in Michel.
brundibar
brundibar
Goon
brundibar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:37 am

Post by brundibar »

Just trying to get discussion going. A lot of talking with no voting seems ineffective.
jee
jee
Goon
jee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:59 am

Post by jee »

In post 8, MichelSableheart wrote:The possibility that mafia waited with confirming to gain more time for pregame discussion makes Mafuyu slightly more likely to be scum then the other players in the game at this point in time.

Vote Mafuyu

I'm down
VOTE: Mafuyu
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:40 pm

Post by ICEninja »

Michael, I was referring to this post in the queue thread.

I actually dislike random votes so
unvote
, I mostly did it because I felt clever.
brundibar wrote:
Just trying to get discussion going. A lot of talking with no voting seems ineffective.

While I agree with this, explain to me how voting for someone based on their name generates discussion. I mean sure, if it was a random vote because of shits 'n giggles, great, that's fine. Lots of players enjoy doing that regardless of alignment and it's just for amusement.

Instead, you claim that your random vote had pro-town purpose (of trying to get discussion going). There are more helpful ways you could have voted (even randomly) than voting based on someone's name, so why would you try to claim pro-town credit for doing something that isn't pro-town at all?

This response just strikes me as something scum would be slightly more likely to say than town.
Vote brundibar
, semi serious vote.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:28 pm

Post by Pine »

Michael, I've been harrassed for resisting participation in the RVS phase before, so I don't bother any more. I merely try to move out of it as soon as possible.

The only two games nhammen and I have played together (I think) we were scum together, and won decisive scum victories. That's what I was referring to in the queue thread, and what Ice was referencing. Alas, such is not to be repeated here.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:39 pm

Post by ICEninja »

Exactly, as you two will bow your heads in defeat this time!
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:03 pm

Post by ICEninja »

I know the game just started today, but I sincerely hope the activity level present in the opening hours of this game isn't going to be (comparatively) representative of the rest of the game. The mod was nice and quick about getting this game set up, so let's play.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:44 pm

Post by nhammen »

Those two games as scum were literally my last two games on site. It would be pretty amusing if me and Pine were scum together yet again, but three times in a row would strain beief, and I would have to ask the mod if roles were actually randomly assigned.

Now I usually suck at RVS, but do fairly well once some information arises, so I will try a bit of RQS.

If everyone wouldn't mind answering:
What game do you feel to be your best somewhat recent performance as Town?
What game do you feel to be your worst somewhat recent performance as Town?
Same questions for scum.
Also, I am defining somewhat recent as recent enough that you still have a similar playstyle to the games.

I guess that isn't so random. It is more attempts to see everyone's meta, but oh well.

And since it would be rude of me to ask such a question and not answer it: Town best (I replaced into a scummy slot, and convinced everyone I was Town enough that the scum NKed me night 1), Town worst (Got a Town Roleblocker. Gained suspicion too easily, and didn't take it too well), and I consider all 3 of my games as scum to be pretty good play personally. I guess best scum was this game where the SK killed me because I was too obvtown
Note that I had to go back and read my wiki to decide what my answer is (cuz I haven't played in 11 months), so these answers might not be the same as if I had a better recollection of my games. And I apparently spent 2 hours looking at past games of mine. OK...
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:58 pm

Post by Pine »

I'm way, way too lazy to succinctly answer that, nham. I've played like forty+ games over the last year, at least, and I'm not going to be trolling through that many.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:00 pm

Post by pieceofpecanpie »

MichelSableheart wrote:If everyone just acts as pro-town as possible, mafia have a much harder time achieving their goals.

@Michel Or if mafia set themselves up as pro-town as early as possible, town have a much harder time achieving their goals? Given your reason for voting Mafuyu how serious is your vote? And how do you feel about jee's vote?

@ICEninja Hello again. And first off, what do you define as a semi-serious vote? Is there something you are semi-hoping to achieve from it?

@nhammen I'm a pretty new player, but I have kept my wiki up to date. I don't feel a pool of four games is enough to draw a best or worst from, but the game ICE remembers me from I felt I played poorly as town (I'm already dead, but the game is ongoing so I don't think I can discuss that one in any depth). The other recent game I felt I played quite well as town, but ran a bit cold towards the end. I did get some good feedback from that one and would like to better myself from it. The only game I've been scum was abandoned due to the server crash, but it was going well until then.

At this stage I'm just trying to gain experience and get better.

Also, VOTE: quidagismedice because I have no idea how to read that name or pronounce it.
Open 540 - a C9 + + (0 replacement/s needed)
is a current tale of moddery, if you wanna catch 'em, send me a replacement PM

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:06 pm

Post by Pine »

Quid agis medice - Latin for "What are you doing, Doctor?"

It's also kind of a colloquial way of saying "What's up Doc?" a la Bugs Bunny.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:48 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 15, nhammen wrote:
What game do you feel to be your best somewhat recent performance as Town?
What game do you feel to be your worst somewhat recent performance as Town?
Same questions for scum.
Also, I am defining somewhat recent as recent enough that you still have a similar playstyle to the games.
Well, I've been on a hiatus so there is nothing particularly recent for me. I doubt my playstyle has changed much, but it could've. Anyway:
Best Town Game:Open 274. Okay I guess.
Worst Town Game:Open 253. Inactivity on my part, got replaced.
Best Scum Game:Open 236. Decent play. Not my best overall, but oh well.
Worst Scum Game: Mini 1180. Absolute disaster of a game. Town took down me and my teammates with 3 solid lynches -- no errors.

My overall opinion is that my recent games are really nothing spectacular one way or another. I don't even remember them too well. They were played when I was short on free time and losing interest in Mafia -- so my play suffered. I got replaced in a bunch of games and then went on hiatus. Right now I'm trying to rekindle my interest in the game, and be a strong pro-Town player. If I start lurking, feel free to slap me across the face.

Anyway, I do have a wiki entry, but it currently does not include games I replaced out of because when I first made the call on whether or not to include them I chose not to. I regret that decision now, but I'm too lazy to root around for them currently. If you're dying to find them, just search my posts and look for a game not mentioned in my wiki.
---
In post 15, nhammen wrote:Those two games as scum were literally my last two games on site. It would be pretty amusing if me and Pine were scum together yet again, but three times in a row would strain beief, and I would have to ask the mod if roles were actually randomly assigned.
To be fair, it's not like the previous two games have any influence on this one. It could have randomly happened again.

I will VOTE: Pine. I think you should answer the questions nhammen posed. If you're getting this lazy already, what's to stop you from getting lazy later?
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:50 pm

Post by Pine »

Oh fine, hush you bastards. I absolutely refuse to spend several hours going through 50+ games with a fine-toothed comb to do such a detailed assessment. I will, however, spend two minutes skimming my old bookmarks to find one that fits each category, even though they might not be superlative examples.

Excellent scum game (just finished, perfect win up against 23 other players including another scumteam, SK, and Vig): DC Universe Mafia
Decent Town game (There's a better one that's technically still ongoing, but this one I replaced in and immediately nailed the remaining two scum): Mini 1138
Bad scum game (Absolutely atrocious, got nailed right away for SK hunting on D1): Mini 1156
Bad Town game (LOTS of examples, this one I was all over the map): The Aftermath

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:58 pm

Post by pieceofpecanpie »

In post 18, Pine wrote:Quid agis medice - Latin for "What are you doing, Doctor?"

Well there you go.

I would've preferred if the bunnyman himself popped in to answer that one, but no biggie.
Open 540 - a C9 + + (0 replacement/s needed)
is a current tale of moddery, if you wanna catch 'em, send me a replacement PM

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
jee
jee
Goon
jee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:33 pm

Post by jee »

In post 11, ICEninja wrote:Instead, you claim that your random vote had pro-town purpose (of trying to get discussion going). There are more helpful ways you could have voted (even randomly) than voting based on someone's name, so why would you try to claim pro-town credit for doing something that isn't pro-town at all?

This response just strikes me as something scum would be slightly more likely to say than town.
Vote brundibar
, semi serious vote.

Really? You're going to say random voting is scummy? Do you realize that every game opens that way? If random voting is scummy, then I must be hunting all wrong. And... semi serious? That reasoning seems serious, why is the voted only semi?

@nhammen: I don't have that many games on this website to even answer those questions. Sorry.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:25 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

jee, it seems to me that ICE's argument is slightly differently then you seem to believe.

Also, what's your opinion on bandwagoning in the early game?

ICE, I believe that a relatively new player is likely to understand that the goal of random voting is to generate discussion, without actually considering if his vote is the best way to achieve that. Not agreeing with your suspicion on brundi.

pieceofpecanpie wrote:@Michel Or if mafia set themselves up as pro-town as early as possible, town have a much harder time achieving their goals?
If that's true, then it would be true regardless of the way town plays. However, when mafia plays as pro-town as possible, they won't be able to do things they like to do (rolefishing etcetera), so town will generally be better of. Regardless of this, if town doesn't play a pro-town as possible, mafia can actually do things that help them without standing out, which would be considerably worse.

pieceofpecanpie wrote:Given your reason for voting Mafuyu how serious is your vote?
Most players random vote for joke reasons. I prefer to random vote for reasons that might be indicative of my target being scum, as such a vote is more likely to spark discussion.

oieceofpecanpie wrote:And how do you feel about jee's vote?
I'm still forming my opinion. I'll get back to this later.

I'm really not liking nhammens questions. First of all, there is a large number of players who haven't played in a while. That makes his request for somewhat recent games rather worthless. Secondly, because mafia can choose which of their games they'll list, the meta read he'll get from the answers is open to manipulation. Thirdly, everyone who answers the question is likely to do so in the same way, so the answers to the questions are unlikely to give direct information regarding who's scum in this game. Fourthly, answering the question thoroughly takes a LOT of time, time that can't be spent on scumhunting. His questions therefore actively encourage other players to divert energy away from scumhunting. Finally, the questions allow him to look like he's participating when he's not actually doing anything.

Unvote

Vote nhammen

FoS Alduskel

My time is far too precious to waste multiple hours rereading my own games (which is unlikely to help me find scum in this one). All of my games can be found through my wiki page, and the commentary on them has been written by me. That should give you a general idea about which games I feel I played good or badly as both town and scum.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:27 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Michel, I usually earlyvote to build wagons to get out of RVS quickly. This time I was the first to vote, I've played with SV before, and was hoping such a wagon could go on him. [REDACTED] one other reason that made me pick him as opposed to others.

---

In post 5, brundibar wrote:
Vote: pieceofpecanpie

The Devil's dessert.

Scum for not joining either wagon.
Unvote; Vote: brundibar

If you wanted to generate discussion, a wagon vote is a better way of doing it.

---

nhammen, what are you intending to do with all the info you gather from your RQs?

---

In post 17, pieceofpecanpie wrote:Also, VOTE: quidagismedice because I have no idea how to read that name or pronounce it.

FoS: pieceofpecanpie

Do you not feel there is any content at all so far to comment on?

---

In post 23, MichelSableheart wrote:ICE, I believe that a relatively new player is likely to understand that the goal of random voting is to generate discussion, without actually considering if his vote is the best way to achieve that. Not agreeing with your suspicion on brundi.

Over a year is relatively new?

Okay, just the one game then.
Still watching brundi but the RVS is not as scummy as I first thought.

Unvote, Vote: pieceofpecanpie
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”