Experienced Players in Newbie Games - Responsibility

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Puzzle
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Has a Cunning Plan

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:33 am

Post by Puzzle »

Puzzle wrote:11.B.i.alinea 15.
Killing
other scums (SK killing Mafia and reciprocally) on the first night is poor tech. :x
Fixed. Me no brain.
For now, I'll ask Thoth to come up with reasons why I should be voting for him, and I'd like him to respond to those.
Commodore Amazing
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Mafia
PolarBoy

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:05 am

Post by PolarBoy »

I was about to tell you about some awesome wiki articles that delve into concepts rather than just telling you the rules, but it looks like some of them have disappeared. I shall have to investigate further. Meanwhile, it is editable. The reason these pages don't exist is because no one has written them.

With that being said there's a lot that can be dredged out of the forums as well. Most of the things people ask about have been discussed before at great length. Sometimes a wiki article is based on the consensus or controversy that arises from a particular thread.
MUNSCM Delegate for the United Kingdom
Check out the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?HomePage]ScumWiki[/url], and while you're at it, check out [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DocumentModeMafia]DocumentModeMafia[/url]
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:05 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

PolarBoy wrote:I was about to tell you about some awesome wiki articles that delve into concepts rather than just telling you the rules, but it looks like some of them have disappeared. I shall have to investigate further. Meanwhile, it is editable. The reason these pages don't exist is because no one has written them.
In fairness, the Wiki was backed up at an earlier date than the forums for the move, and hasn't been fully restored yet, I don't think. That may be why you're finding things "disappear' today, PB.

But by all means, once it's back up, help fill in any blanks we've still got...
Retired as of October 2014.
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
PolarBoy

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:18 pm

Post by PolarBoy »

Puzzle wrote:
Puzzle wrote:11.B.i.alinea 15.
Killing
other scums (SK killing Mafia and reciprocally) on the first night is poor tech. :x
Fixed. Me no brain.
This really doesn't affect my objection. Like I said: it's impossible to know town or scum on night one if the game starts at night, and nearly impossible if the game starts in day. Judgements as to what technique is good or bad have little value when no one has a choice anyway. Am I missing something?

This is to say nothing of whether it actually is bad technique to leave opposing scum alive, given that you know who they are.
MUNSCM Delegate for the United Kingdom
Check out the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?HomePage]ScumWiki[/url], and while you're at it, check out [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DocumentModeMafia]DocumentModeMafia[/url]
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:00 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Norinel, in the Newbie Queue, wrote:We need some experienced players.
I think the Queue is currently at 6 newbies, 2 experienced. 3 or 4 IC players would get things all caught up, and this seemed the best place to start spreading the word...
Retired as of October 2014.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”