DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Mini 174- Townie Mafia- Game Over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:51 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

It was a night like any other in the town of Townsville. At least, that's what everyone thought, until they were awoken by a terrified yell and a series of gunshots. Quickly awakening, dressing, and staggering towards the noise, the people of Townsville gathered in the predawn light around the mangled body of the assistant to their mayor, clearly killed as he ran for the safety of the mayor's office. Turning over his body, they found clutched in one hand an unopened letter, addressed to the police chief.

As some people opened the letter, wondering what could be so vitally secret that a man had been killed to hide it, others dashed into the building to find their mayor. What they found there horrified them... the body of the mayor, being wept over by the town's greatest doctor, who himself was dying from a bullet wound. Seeing the others, he spoke with great effort. "The mafia... they've decided to... kill us all... we found out, tried to... s- stop th- them, bu...t..." He was unable to finish, and could not be saved, for who in the town had medical knowledge but him?

As those inside stared at the bloody scene, a few more townspeople ran in. After glancing at the corpses as though they'd expected them to be there, and offerred even more disturbing information. "The letter... it said the mafia were in town, disguised as townspeople, and the police were to help organize the town to ferret them out. When we went to see the police chief about it... it seems the mafia had gotten there first. The police were all dead, and all the security cameras in the town had their video recordings wiped."

As they went over this tragic information in their minds, the people of Townsville walked outside, and met in the square, around the body of the mayor's poor assistant, to discuss what to do. The arguing was fast and furious. "They could be any of us!" "We've lost all our most skilled people!" "But we can't just sit here and wait to die!"

In the end, they came to a fateful conclusion. They decided that each of them would do their best to fight against the mafia on their own, using their abilities as unique people, and each day, they would meet in the town square, and whoever they thought was most likely to be mafia would be hung, until they felt that they were safe once again.

This is Townie Mafia. Take whatever information you like from the intro, but don't expect all the answers to be that easy to pick up. However, here's a free one: This game contains no basic townies.

The People of Townsville (2):

dybeck [Mafia Infiltrator, mafia]
Thesp (replacing Omniplex) [Mafia Murderer, mafia]

The Tragically Slain (10):

mathcam, shot Night 1 (Techie Townie, town)
BlueSin, lynched Day 1 (Inquisitive Townie, town)
Mastermind of Sin, stabbed Night 2 (Townie Townie, mafia)
SquareKnight, shot Night 2 (Trickster Townie, town)
brushhopper, stabbed Night 3 (Paranoid Townie, town)
Mr Stoofer, shot Night 3 (Veteran Townie, town)
Seol, lynched Day 3 (Hated Townie, independent win condition)
SpeedyKQ, shot Night 4 (Kung-Fu Townie, town)
kwyjibo, killed in endgame (Psychic Townie, town)
Assasin, killed in endgame (Popular Townie, town)
Last edited by DarkLight140 on Sun May 15, 2005 2:23 pm, edited 14 times in total.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:09 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

Read the rules. Seriously. If you don't, then there will be no mercy when you break one. If you do, there will be slightly more mercy, but that'll still total up to less than none.

The Rules:

-- Bold votes, and unvote before switching. No bold, then it's not counted. No unvote (which also must be in bold), then it's not counted.

-- Don't communicate at night, unless your role PM says you can. Even then, only communicate with the people mentioned in your PM.

-- Don't quote my PMs. This includes PMs I actually sent you, PMs you made up and are claiming I sent you, and parts of said PMs. Also, it includes anything that you think I probably meant by this rule. Any violation of this rule will result in an immediate modkill. This will not end the day, but please don't use that to your team's strategic advantage.

-- A majority of votes (that is, over 50% of the available people voting) are required for a lynch, unless a special rule dictates otherwise. This is true even at deadlines, where the day will end, lynching or not.

-- Dead people don't talk. Dead people's shades don't talk. However, given that this is a game, dead people may have one post where they may not say anything of any significance to the game not already revealed by me (and only me). This means you may say "Bah!", "Go mafia!", "Go Town!", etc., but not "Lynch ____!", "Remember what I said in post ____!", etc.

-- If you're not going to be around, tell us. You'll sit here drooling if you're not here, and that hurts your team.

-- I was serious about the 'sit here drooling'. If you don't send in a night choice by the given deadline, you'll do nothing. Extensions of the deadline may or may not be available on request.

-- Once the final vote has been cast, you may keep talking until I post a death scene. After the death scene is posted, I may or may not lock the thread but expect you all to shut up until a morning scene is posted either way.

-- Have fun. Help others have fun. Play in accordance with the spirit of the game.
Last edited by DarkLight140 on Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:12 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

Role PMs are being sent. Once I have gotten a "confirm" PM from all players, along with a night choice if applicable, a morning scene will be posted. Do not post in this thread until then.

Update: I now have all players' "confirm" PMs. You're encouraged to get your night choices in as soon as possible, though I'm not setting a deadline unless it takes a really long time.

Update Again: All right, guys, that's long enough- I'm an impatient guy. Get me night choices within 24 hours (by 12:00 midnight CST on Thursday. When Thursday starts. Whatever). If they're not in, I won't go just yet, but if they're still not in 24 hours afterwards.... Those of you who don't have your choices in
seriously
wouldn't like that.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:39 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

Mathcam was feeling rather proud of himself. In spite of the recent deaths, he'd steeled himself against the violence and resolved to catch the mafia, no matter what it took. After all, he'd seen plenty of gore in video games, even if the real life thing had smelled and been higher resolution. But there was no time for that now; after hours of trying, he'd finally successfully wired up a recording feed of the town's security camera system to his home, and had great plans to use it to catch the mafia. "Now," he said, "No one will be able to move without my seeing them! I'll figure out who the mafia are by seeing who moves about at night! Now, to sort through these recordings..."

As he bent to his work, hoping to have found something useful by the next night, a voice behind him said, "Find out who we are?" Mathcam tried to spin his swivel chair, but a hand grabbed it from behind, and as he twisted in his seat, he came face to face with a pistol. "I think not."

mathcam, the Techie Townie, is dead. It is Day 1.
Last edited by DarkLight140 on Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
To be Continued...
BlueSin
BlueSin
Unique
BlueSin
Unique
Unique

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:11 pm

Post by BlueSin »

random vote Assasin
Why people always find me suspicous?
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:30 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Random FOS: Omniplex

I'm going away for Easter (which is a 4 day holiday in the UK) so I won't be posting again until Monday evening GMT. So I won't risk a random vote yet.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:06 am

Post by dybeck »

Like Mr. Stoofer I will also be away for the above holiday - probably be back late sunday, early monday.

Unlike Mr. Stoofer, I'm more than happy to throw around reckless votes.

vote: kwyjibo
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
Assasin
Assasin
Goon
Assasin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:46 am

Post by Assasin »

I'm going to random
Vote Seol
I will eventually kill you all.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:30 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

I came really, really close to posting in Mini 175, "No townie" mafia, thinking it was this game. Only when I looked at the list of players to find a random-vote victim, and saw I wasn't on the list, did I come to my senses.

Anywho, random
vote brushhopper.
[size=75]Mafia is hard.[/size]
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:54 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

random vote: Seol

note: check the vacation/away thread
Permanent V/LA.
kwyjibo
kwyjibo
Goon
kwyjibo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:05 am

Post by kwyjibo »

random vote bluesin
hmm....so many good simpsons quotes so little sig space....
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:41 am

Post by dybeck »

SpeedyKQ said:
I came really, really close to posting in Mini 175, "No townie" mafia, thinking it was this game.
I actually DID vote in that game. Not only that, but I voted someone who IS in this game. I was very embarrassed.

All, I'm away until Sunday, probably Monday. Apologies for my quietness during this time.
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
Omniplex
Omniplex
Townie
Omniplex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:12 am

Post by Omniplex »

I, like apparantly several other people, will be gone for spring break, until april 2nd or so.
Random Vote: Mr. Stoofer
Show
Subversive, tratorious, mafiaesque and otherwise
anti-town activity will recieve immidate response in
the form of termination by means of lynching.

-Omni- responsible for the longest and shortest newbie games
SquareKnight
SquareKnight
Goon
SquareKnight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:30 am

Post by SquareKnight »

Mod Almighty wrote:Read the rules. Seriously. If you don't, then there will be no mercy when you break one. If you do, there will be slightly more mercy, but that'll still total up to less than none.
no mercy + slightly more mercy = less than none?

vote MoS

I remember our newbie game. Clearly, you are not to be trusted.
did you ever have a sister did you did you
[i]a broken smile beneath her whispered wings[/i]
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:17 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

SquareKnight, there's the annoyance factor, which greatly affects the amount of mercy but is still unlisted. In any case, hopefully no one needs this, but I felt like a

Vote Count:

Assasin - 1 (BlueSin)
BlueSin - 1 (kwyjibo)
brushhopper - 1 (SpeedyKQ)
kwyjibo - 1 (dybeck)
Mastermind of Sin - 1 (SquareKnight)
Mr Stoofer - 1 (Omniplex)
Seol - 2 (Assasin, Mastermind of Sin)
Not Voting - 3 (brushhopper, Seol, Mr Stoofer)

With 11 alive, it will take 6 to lynch.
To be Continued...
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:38 am

Post by Seol »

Hello everybody!

OK, so Mathcam's dead - judging by the death description, it looks as if he was some sort of cop. So, whilst I get the impression from the intro there won't be a role called "cop", "doc", "vig" etc., there will be analogs to those roles within the game. Which is good to know. :)

Anyway, if there's one thing I can't stand, it's a lurker:
vote: brushhopper
. Goddammit, lurking's almost as bad as hypocrisy. :wink:
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:23 pm

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Seol, you don't like lurking, or you don't like being the only one with two votes?
SquareKnight
SquareKnight
Goon
SquareKnight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:37 pm

Post by SquareKnight »

SpeedyKQ wrote:Seol, you don't like lurking, or you don't like being the only one with two votes?
Oh
snap
!
BlueSin
BlueSin
Unique
BlueSin
Unique
Unique

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:16 pm

Post by BlueSin »

unvote assasin
vote Seol

now he will be the only one who gets 3 votes. C'omon guys be more active.
Why people always find me suspicous?
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:32 am

Post by Seol »

SpeedyKQ wrote:Seol, you don't like lurking, or you don't like being the only one with two votes?
What is this obsession with the second vote? I've never understood why it gets so much attention, but whatever - check out my newbie games, they all contain my usual rant on second vote syndrome. At the moment I'm more concerned about getting some sort of discussion going, because this game is just totally stagnant.
BlueSin wrote:unvote assasin
vote Seol
now he will be the only one who gets 3 votes. C'omon guys be more active.
OK, well, two votes don't bother me. Three votes looks like intent - but then, I can see that some sort of bandwagon's required in order to stir up some discussion. C'mon guys, where are you?
kwyjibo
kwyjibo
Goon
kwyjibo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:11 pm

Post by kwyjibo »

I was about to say that I am back(as i have in all of my other games, but apparently no one else seems to be playing...
hmm....so many good simpsons quotes so little sig space....
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:13 am

Post by Seol »

kwyjibo wrote:I was about to say that I am back(as i have in all of my other games), but apparently no one else seems to be playing...
I'm being uncharacteristically generous and putting it down to the holidays. I'm hoping that come tomorrow or Wednesday activity perks up a bit.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:51 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Seol wrote:What is this obsession with the second vote? I've never understood why it gets so much attention, but whatever - check out my newbie games, they all contain my usual rant on second vote syndrome. At the moment I'm more concerned about getting some sort of discussion going, because this game is just totally stagnant.
Day one usually starts with a bunch of random singleton votes and ends with a randomish bandwagon lynch. I think second votes get so much attention because they are the transition between these two states.

But I'm all for a bit of discussion before the lynching commences.

My vote on brushhopper is hereby un-randomed, because of lurking.
brushhopper
brushhopper
Goon
brushhopper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:58 am

Post by brushhopper »

Sory for not postnig, I was away for the weekend and didn't get much slep last night. Just got up now and remembred this game. No one looks scummy to me, so I will not be votnig anyone as of yet.
SquareKnight
SquareKnight
Goon
SquareKnight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:13 am

Post by SquareKnight »

I, too, am not impressed with second votes (as my oh-so-witty response was intended to indicate). Speedy brings up a decent point as to why other people are, though.

And, yeah. I'm giving the lurkers a (spring) break for now.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”