The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - AllTheMods 9!!! - NEW Vanilla?

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

New Vanilla Server?

Yes, on latest stable version; with fun events & mini-games!
33%
Yes, on latest stable version; for consistency & community! (no plugins)
33%
Yes, on "snapshots"/development versions; bleeding edge! (definitely no plugins)
No votes
Yes, with Spigot/Bukkit/server "plugins" (or commands like /tpa, /home, etc.)
33%
Yes, but I'll post with my specific thoughts and ideas!
No votes

Total votes: 9

EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14175 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:44 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

Art is cool.
blake5135
blake5135
Watcher
blake5135
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #14176 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:45 am

Post by blake5135 »

Did we lose that WHOLE CHUNK, or the stuff in the ME system?
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14177 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:58 am

Post by Oso »

In post 14174, Klazam wrote:basically- do we want to keep adding mods and risk borking stuff, or do we stick to what we have now?
Next 6 months or so, say first of the year, unless there is something amazing that comes out or some of the Mods folks have been waiting to update (Xycraft comes to mind but that is just an example), I vote we stick with what we have. Personally, I can spend the next couple of months, at least, learning the Mods I have no experience with.

But yeah:

Vote: Stick with what we have and table this discussion until after Christmas, unless something comes up that would need to be discussed.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
blake5135
blake5135
Watcher
blake5135
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #14178 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:06 pm

Post by blake5135 »

What Oso said.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #14179 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:23 pm

Post by Maruchan »

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #14180 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:00 pm

Post by Klazam »

In post 14176, blake5135 wrote:Did we lose that WHOLE CHUNK, or the stuff in the ME system?

the system only.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14181 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:37 pm

Post by Rhinox »

In post 14174, Klazam wrote:basically- do we want to keep adding mods and risk borking stuff, or do we stick to what we have now?
I mean, use common sense? You're not just gonna be adding things all willy nilly right? I would assume one of you would at least add the mod to your own pack and play around with it for a few minutes to make sure nothing is obviously broken. Maybe even read a few message boards or visit IRC channels to hear what others are saying. If thats not happening because :effort: then
why are you admining a server?
don't add things that aren't tested. simple.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14182 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:42 pm

Post by Klazam »

All, thanks for the input.

we won't have to discuss this again. :) it is quite clear what everyone wants.

Rhino- the main reason why this was brought up is because it was never really discussed before. I thank you for making your voice heard.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #14183 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:49 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 14181, Rhinox wrote:
I mean, use common sense? You're not just gonna be adding things all willy nilly right? I would assume one of you would at least add the mod to your own pack and play around with it for a few minutes to make sure nothing is obviously broken. Maybe even read a few message boards or visit IRC channels to hear what others are saying. If thats not happening because :effort: then
This actually makes me VERY angry, especially if you're implying (like it REALLY LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE) that ANY error in Mod interaction is IN ANY WAY the fault of the Admins. You guys realize that we've been trying to keep the special server jarfile, the Bukkit plugins, and not to even mention the fucking Mods updated to their most stable versions, all while keeping up with all the Doggy Treats shit and the Aether II spam, ALL WHILE jumping through hoops for the FTB guys?

Yes, we test shit. Our testing is exactly why Ars Magica didn't make it into the pack. But we can't, won't, and don't have time test every little interaction between ever little Mod's individual blocks. That's impossible. And dav's just now said the error is not replicable, so WTF would we (or even the Mod author) be able to do?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14184 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:49 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 14182, Klazam wrote:All, thanks for the input.

we won't have to discuss this again. :) it is quite clear what everyone wants.
but yeah, basically this

so what do we do now Klaz?
with server I mean, obvs the ClamCastle gang is getting their shit back
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14185 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:29 pm

Post by Klazam »

Basically, I'm reading it as that the community wants us to keep on doing what we do.

One big thing im gonna suggest- update every 2 weeks, not weekly. We just jam 1.1.1 in for the next update, then have updates in 2 week intervals.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14186 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:17 pm

Post by Rhinox »

In post 14183, Maestro wrote:
In post 14181, Rhinox wrote:
This actually makes me VERY angry, especially if you're implying (like it REALLY LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE) that ANY error in Mod interaction is IN ANY WAY the fault of the Admins. You guys realize that we've been trying to keep the special server jarfile, the Bukkit plugins, and not to even mention the fucking Mods updated to their most stable versions, all while keeping up with all the Doggy Treats shit and the Aether II spam, ALL WHILE jumping through hoops for the FTB guys?

Yes, we test shit. Our testing is exactly why Ars Magica didn't make it into the pack. But we can't, won't, and don't have time test every little interaction between ever little Mod's individual blocks. That's impossible. And dav's just now said the error is not replicable, so WTF would we (or even the Mod author) be able to do?
Thats not what I'm saying/said at all M. All I was trying to say was that I have confidence in you guys to add things you're reasonably comfortable with adding, and don't add things you're not comfortable with. Sorry for wording that poorly. I know you guys test things I was just trying to be clever and make jokes and ended up sticking my foot in my mouth I guess. Obviously I don't expect you to idiot proof for every possible thought of "gee I wonder what happens when..."

I mean maybe instead of trying to accommodate everybody's individual request for new content, you guys should implement a 2/3 majority rule for adding new mods - only even begin to consider a mod if 2/3 of the community even wants it. Or at least 50%+1. Don't even waste time looking into a mod until the threshold is met. Is it even worth it to spend effort and energy testing and getting permissions and going through the whole update process for a mod maybe only 1 user even wants?

Its just frustrating pretty sure at this point still you guys spent more time in advance talking in private about this modpack selling it as the be all end all perfect mafiascum modpack and now you guys are like welp its not perfect and never will be wanna do something else entirely? I mean really. Can't we just all play the game for a while? Get it to a mostly stable working version and then never update again for all I care. Go to monthly updates. Go to bugfixes only. Go to major feature updates only after a few months of playing. Anything to take stress off of you guys and spend more time playing.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14187 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:05 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 14186, Rhinox wrote:I mean maybe instead of trying to accommodate everybody's individual request for new content, you guys should implement a 2/3 majority rule for adding new mods - only even begin to consider a mod if 2/3 of the community even wants it. Or at least 50%+1. Don't even waste time looking into a mod until the threshold is met. Is it even worth it to spend effort and energy testing and getting permissions and going through the whole update process for a mod maybe only 1 user even wants?

Its just frustrating pretty sure at this point still you guys spent more time in advance talking in private about this modpack selling it as the be all end all perfect mafiascum modpack and now you guys are like welp its not perfect and never will be wanna do something else entirely? I mean really. Can't we just all play the game for a while? Get it to a mostly stable working version and then never update again for all I care. Go to monthly updates. Go to bugfixes only. Go to major feature updates only after a few months of playing. Anything to take stress off of you guys and spend more time playing.
I like all these ideas; sorry we misunderstood/communicated badly there.

To be honest I would be more than willing to go back to blank slate and just say "50% majority vote for inclusion and Admins have no right to veto but can change configs however they want within reason and then Modpack will only update those Mods, nothing else gets added" or something but that's just more talking and less playing.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14188 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:16 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 14173, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Now I look like a lemming.
Rob's Fun Fact of the Day: Lemmings do not actually follow each other until they leap off cliffs to their deaths like many people think they do. In fact, this misconception originated when Disney (yeah, you read that right) made a nature documentary and decided to beef it up a bit by using a turntable to launch lemmings off a cliff while recording them. For science!
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14189 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:18 pm

Post by Maestro »

ROB I LOVE YOU COME BACK TO ME
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14190 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:34 pm

Post by Maestro »

In other news I feel like crap and several last-ditch efforts to retrieve SOMETHING from the ClamCastle ME Drive forced me to restore the backup from just after I fixed the chunk error the other day - apologies if you've done anything immensely important since then, please PM me and I'll help rebuild or recapture or reaquire.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14191 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:53 am

Post by Rhinox »

Just give clamcastle residents access to creative mode for a little while and let them spawn their stuff back in best they can remember?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14192 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:02 am

Post by Rhinox »

OH EM GEE ALVEARY SIEVE WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT

I will now be focusing on getting an alveary before I start tree breeding.
Last edited by Rhinox on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14193 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:04 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

In post 14192, Rhinox wrote:OH EM GEE ALVEARY SIEVE WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT
wah? O.o
There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
GTKAFuzzy! Come ask me questions. :D
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14194 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:08 am

Post by Rhinox »

basically it is an alveary block that produces fertile pollen and then you use the pollen on leaf blocks to breed trees. More efficiency / less uncertainty to tree breeding. No more just standing around waiting and searching for mutated leaf blocks.
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14195 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:42 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

O.o DO WANT>
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14196 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:53 am

Post by Rhinox »

Sieve is in Forestry 2.2.4.0. Latest version of forestry is 2.2.8.1 I think. Not sure which version we're currently on.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14197 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:56 am

Post by Rhinox »

:eek:

#2.2.8.0
- Changed: Pollinated leaf blocks do not change colour anymore. Put on spectacles or an apiarist's hat to have pollinated leaf blocks highlighted.

:nerd:
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14198 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:57 am

Post by Klazam »

If you want to know, just refer to this handy doc:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14199 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:57 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

WHY IS FORESTRY SO AMAZING
Come play
modded
Minecraft!

Return to “The Arcade”