Mini 1062 - The Lies of Locke Lamora (game over!)

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:24 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Actions:

D1:
MacavityLock uses 'The Lies of Locke Lamora' ability to send a message to DDD.
a2rudeboy uses 'Black Alchemy' ability and selects the black potion for examination (Result: 'I couldn't fathom this one out, so I gave it to the gentled packhorse and it was cured!'.
jenniwren uses 'The Midnighters' ability to bring Parama in for questioning (Success).

N1:
MacavityLock uses 'Find Jean' ability to target Benmage (Fails, killed/Benmage not Jean).
Benmage uses 'Steal' ability on MichelSableheart (Result: a pair of hatchets).
Parama replies to jenniwren's question.
a2rudeboy does not use a potion.
ThAdmiral kills MacavityLock (Success).
Skyquiem uses 'Wraithstone' ability on Benmage (Success).

D2:
a2rudeboy uses 'Black Alchemy' ability and selects the purple potion for examination (Fails, lynched).
jenniwren uses 'The Midnighters' ability to bring charter in for questioning (Success).

N2:
Parama uses 'Lookout' ability in the Snare (Result: no visitors).
charter does not respond to jenniwren's question.
ThAdmiral uses 'Dual Strike' ability to kill charter (Success).

D3:
DDD uses 'Compulsion' ability by identifying Furcolow as Dona Sofia Salvara (Success, receives one-shot use of Furcolow's vote).
Coach Travis uses 'Capa's Favour' ability to lower Parama's lynch threshold (Success).

General mod notes on the game:

Virtually all of the actions in this game helped out the scum, from the lynches to the night targets. Jean was town's most powerful role and the Locke/Jean combo really boosted town's chances, so the mafia choice of targets was excellent.

The a2rudeboy lynch was terrible and really hurt town's chances. If he had been allowed to live, he probably would have been able to bring Benmage back straight away and nullify the Wraithstone ability.

Skyquiem looked like being the most likely scumteam member to get lynched for a long time. ThAdmiral and DDD both did a great job of staying off the radar, and DDD gets scum MVP for me. He was under almost no suspicion and he had the game completely under control. The only thing that hindered them on D3 was, as he said, Sky's return and then disappearance, leaving them no time to plan their strategy. He also astutely noticed that town didn't know their role descriptions (e.g. False-Facing Finder), avoiding the scumslip of ThAdmiral fakeclaiming whilst including one. I felt a bit bad about Sky's inactivity and replacement but in the end I think it just made victory a bit more difficult for scum so it wasn't really unfair on town. DJ did a good job of coming in at LyLo and helping his teammates to win.

I was surprised that Compulsion didn't actually play a part. When I originally did the setup for CML and myko to review, they both pointed out that this was an incredibly powerful scum ability. I think if anything, I ended up overpowering the town because of how strongly they reacted to that. In hindsight I think I might have toned down the town's powers a bit and made Compulsion unable to manipulate votes, although it obviously didn't get used to win the game as we expected it would when we were in the set-up phase. Benmage was still able to be manipulated by the ability, so if DDD had chosen to use it there, he could have achieved the 4 votes that way. I didn't make that information available to scum, though.

I was worrying a bit about the fakeclaims at the end because of how people reacted to Reynart, although as someone pointed out, Jessaline is just as minor a character (in fact, she's more minor than Reynart is as she only appears on about 2 or 3 pages). If I was doing it again, I probably would have made a slightly more prominent character be a fakeclaim, or made the scumteam less obvious than the Grey King, Falconer and Berangias twins. By the way, for everyone who said Reynart was spelt wrong, is that how it's spelt in the American version? In my version Reynart is the correct spelling.

Finally, thanks to everyone for playing, to myko for reviewing and to CML for reviewing, backup modding and generally being around to provide handy advice. It was my first theme and I've been thinking about it for ages, so I'm glad it went well and that people enjoyed it.

Oh, and I will be running
Red Seas Under Red Skies
at some point in the future, so look out for that if you liked this one!
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:02 am

Post by Coach Travis »

I have to say, as bad as the game went I did enjoy the flavor a lot, and everything from the mod's side was great. So yeah, I'll be back for the second game assuming the following two things have happened by then:
1.I feel up to playing again(right now I'm serious about needing a break, this is something I've considered for the past couple of weeks).
2.I have actually gone back and read that entire book.

I'd say it's more likely to happen than not, but we'll see.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:38 am

Post by don_johnson »

gg, locke. inspiring me to read the books.

ddd made this an easy scum win. i was a bit worried about my power move to the parama wagon, but i felt that i waited long enough to send out the town vibes.

coach: shit happens. that was not an easy decision.

i read this thread before checking who my scum partners were. i actually scumhunted thad and thought ddd was ubertown. thad did a good job of wall posting there at the end. such a great tactic in that situation. well done.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:32 pm

Post by Benmage »

Why was I gentled? I tried not to stand out because I felt like I could attain some decent info with my cop-like ability.

Rudeboy was a good lynch. Bad players + PR + mini = huge detriment.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Benmage wrote:Why was I gentled? I tried not to stand out because I felt like I could attain some decent info with my cop-like ability.

Rudeboy was a good lynch. Bad players + PR + mini = huge detriment.
You were lurker hunting, both of my sum partners were lurkers. Plus when I'm scum I don't trust that players that I have lots of experience with won't suddenly come to their senses and realize I'm scum.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:22 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”