Mini 1041: Wheel of Fortune Mafia (Game over!)

FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:07 am

Post by FakeGod »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
FakeGod wrote:It's mod-confirmed that Charlie and I are both town.

May I leave it that?
More to the point, I have issue with this.

when you say mod confirmed...is it something that you ask him or was it in your PM?
I was able to figure it out from my role PM, thank you very much.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
brianj
brianj
Goon
brianj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:07 am

Post by brianj »

Seems like the role of you guys wasn't completely useless after all, contrarily to behaviour of you two at the beginning.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:26 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

FakeGod wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:

May I leave it that?

when you say mod confirmed...is it something that you ask him or was it in your PM?
just so that i understand COMPLETELY and am not assuming anything.

1.) was it CLEAR that both of you are town (not were you able to figure it out)?

2.) Did it say that both of you were "Town", "Pro Town", "Townie" (like the sample pm) or something like that but not specificly that.

both of these questions need to be answered without sarcasm (I dont want to hear later "that was what I meant")
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:30 am

brianj wrote:Seems like the role of you guys wasn't completely useless after all, contrarily to behaviour of you two at the beginning.
I agree with this statement, having two players that can confirm the other in a 12 person game is HUGE.....and definitely not useless.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:24 am

Post by Xite91 »

Oman wrote:I don't know much, but I know I love you.
Oman... uh... breadcrumb or random noise?

May I leave it that?
I would like charlie to answer whether it's mod-confirmed that you're town.
I have a guess as to what's going on, but I need charlie's answer first
FakeGod wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:

May I leave it that?

Did it specifically say so, or did you just "figure it out"
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:29 am

Post by Xite91 »

@Oman, I think I get your claimed breadcrumb
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:31 am

Post by Reckamonic »

PieMan wrote:Heres my biggest problem with thinking only one of them is mafia.

Im willing to say neither of them could be,

but im also willing to say they both are mafia

it just doesnt seem necessary for one to be maf and the other to not be, for some weird strat or power or w/e
This post is ten kinds of awful.

May I leave it that?
No. Why should we believe you? I have trouble believing that you guys are more useless than a weak doctor, yet you guys have
mod-confirmed alignments
to each other. Seriously, WTF!?
._.
meeeeeeep?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:21 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

VOTE COUNT

brianj (1): Oman
Charlie (2): Xite91, PieMan
FakeGod (1): Reckamonic
Me=Weird (1): curiouskarmadog
Reckamonic (2): yabbaguy, Me=Weird
Not voting (5): brianj, Charlie, FakeGod, jmj3000, Prof. Guppy

With
players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Xite91 wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
yabbaguy wrote:Asperger's actually.
Hey, me too!
Doesn't this kind of confirm what he was saying? :P
Nope. I was responding only to that and he may be telling the truth or lying about... everything, actually.

Prof. Guppy wrote:
Mod: I think you have Reckamonic listed on the vote count twice.
Fixed (and fixed again ><).
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:27 am

Post by Oman »

Xite91 wrote:
Oman wrote:I don't know much, but I know I love you.
Oman... uh... breadcrumb or random noise?
Does it matter either way? If it is a breadcrumb, would I go about explaining it?
Xite91 wrote:@Oman, I think I get your claimed breadcrumb
Props if you do, I thought the board was ambiguous enough, but if you've got it, then you're sharp.
Xite91 wrote: I have a guess as to what's going on, but I need charlie's answer first
Interested as to what this is, because I have no idea where they are at the moment.

FakeGod, it's like this: Does the RolePM say (paraphrase) "You need to find your partner mystery wedge, who is packing townie brownies like nobody's business. Like if you saw this guy in the street you'd say 'hey, you're totally not Fat Tony, wanna hold my gun during a sleepover'", or did it say

"This guy is legit!
He has a trusting face
"?
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:27 am

Post by Oman »

Unvote
Appologies, Coug.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:55 pm

you can answer everyone's questions which is essentially what I am asking here....but I want my questions answered directly...none of that "I covered it when i answered X"
curiouskarmadog wrote:
1.) was it CLEAR that both of you are town (not were you able to figure it out)?

2.) Did it say that both of you were "Town", "Pro Town", "Townie" (like the sample pm) or something like that but not specificly that.

both of these questions need to be answered without sarcasm (I dont want to hear later "that was what I meant")
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by Oman »

Congrats on the bub, CKD! You'll have to give me a social brief on the little tike when you can.
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by Charlie »

yabbaguy wrote:And everyone caught that O'Donnell crack, yes?
That's the dude that hosted WoF originally, I presume. I'm not from US so I watch the local version of WoF.
Oh on that note, my timezone is +8GMT. This means I'm usually not around when most of you guys are posting. Also, I had limited access yesterday; I usually make it a point to post at least once a day (moreso at the early stage of the game). My apologies.
Reckamonic wrote:So we know that one of Charlie and FG is scum.
We also know the odds of there being a strong PR between those two is huge. If the scum has any form or redirection or blocking, you've FUCKED OVER a town PR.
Your assumptions are noted.
Prof. Guppy wrote:While understanding the theme may help us find the mafia, it should not be used as a substitute for traditional scumhunting.

Having said that, I will go along with the "one of Charlie or FG is scum" plan...for now. But I will leave my scumdar on, and use it to double check my suspicions. I suggest everyone else do the same.
I hope that you're true to your word.
yabbaguy wrote:I would figure that Bankrupt/Lose a Turn would be the scum in this case, since the flavor is "getting rid of the things that make contestants lose". I don't see why Coug would be counterintuitive and make the both of those Mystery Wedges Town when one of the wedges on the real show holds a dirty little secret.
Again, I like your method of using flavour to gain an advantage. That's one of the reasons why I choose to join themed games. I would assume Lose a Turn to be mafia roleblocker. However! I've learned from L4D Mafia that assumptions are dangerous. Like, in this case, I guarantee 100% that FakeGod is town. I don't need mod-confirmation, I am absolutely totally 100% surefire positive about it. If I get lynched/Nk-ed, take my word for it.
brianj wrote:I am sorry, but I am not particularly sure whether FakeGod is his partner, or at least there wasn't any clear confirmation about it at all besides his random ambiguous post. So I don't know why Reckamonic and Prof. Guppy is suddenly coming down with the idea of "one of Charlie and FG is scum".

Both players claimed themselves to be useless, though. Moreover if Charlie and FG is indeed mystery wedge and knows each other, and had the same idea yabbaguy had, mafia already knew who is the other PR anyway. yabbaguy's action can only constitute as rolefishing only if mystery wedges do not know each other.
Your suspicions are noted, and I think they are poorly worded. Seems easy to twist around what you're saying here.
Anyway, I'm not so useless anymore because I know that FakeGod is town-aligned, and I can give town this guarantee (see above).
And there is more...let me think a bit on how to get a message across first.
PieMan wrote:If you can show evidence that this is what you do im willing to remove my vote(cite only finished games)

@charlie do you always straight up claim you have a crap role? this is bad for town, very bad for town. Fakegod, why r u guys telling your power levels?
This is not what I normally do. I took a decisive action. And this role is not crap; it was....useful in the way I just used it. And more.
You may see it as bad play, but give it a chance eh? You never know, it may turn out good after all!

@jmj3000 #47: Yay, thanks!

Oh, a gurantee from FakeGod! The same one I just typed out. This completes the cycle: If I die and flip town he is confirmed town. If he dies and flips town I am confirmed town. If anything else occurs, I shall neuter a cougar.
PieMan wrote:Charlie, FakeGod why does either of you think it was a good idea, to out that if you are town, you are essentially the worse role, minus VT
Calculated risk.
brainj wrote:Of course when Charlie posts more or when the full roleclaim comes, I would be more certain about the motivation behind his post.

I think I have rough idea about what their role is about now but I'll wait and see. Kind of surprised about how Charlie and FakeGod seem to be certain of each others alignment though.
Whatever it is you are doing or what I think you're doing here... You're doing it wrong.
VOTE: brainj
PieMan wrote:Im not asking your role im asking your intention, cause you just made it way harder on any big role we may have.

dont worry about answering that FG, I hope you guys know what your doing, but I seriously dont think that was a good play by you guys.
What's done is done. Don't cry over spilt milk?
jmj3000 wrote:Charlie/FakeGod: Why did you two feel like you had to out yourself?
Myself, it was a calculated risk.
Oman wrote:charlie: Confirm that FG is mod-confirmed town for you.
No need. I already know he is town with me.
And there is also an "unvote" tag. It is next to the "vote" tag.

@PieMan #64: Sometimes, I wonder if you posting normally is essentially the same as you posting in leetspeak.
curiouskarmadog wrote:Ahhhhhhhh...I dont understand if they are what they said they are, they had to come out...i assume it has something to do with their role, but still it makes me uneasy. they sounds more like neighbors than they do masons...but the fact the "had" to come out for some reason, (shrug)...I cant see two scum buddies pulling this together. Seems stupid if that is the case.

unvote, vote ME=Weird....more posting please.
But you yourself aren't contributing in this post.

@Oman #67: And that may be all there is to know?
FakeGod wrote:I was able to figure it out from my role PM, thank you very much.
Me too.
brainj wrote:Seems like the role of you guys wasn't completely useless after all, contrarily to behaviour of you two at the beginning.
This calculated risk paid off.
curiouskarmadog wrote:1.) was it CLEAR that both of you are town (not were you able to figure it out)?

Uh, the way you word these questions...interesting.
1) Yes.
2) Yes.
Xite91 wrote:I would like charlie to answer whether it's mod-confirmed that you're town.
Dammit. I don't need mod-confirmation, I can tell on my own based on my role PM.
Reckamonic wrote:No. Why should we believe you? I have trouble believing that you guys are more useless than a weak doctor, yet you guys have mod-confirmed alignments to each other. Seriously, WTF!?
*facepalm*
I hope you change your mind after reading this post.

@Oman #83: What is this I just don't... I can't... I mean.. I will neuter a cougar if I am wrong about this!
Kindness
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:02 pm

Post by Reckamonic »

Not really, Charlie, because I still don't understand how knowing 100% another player is conf-town makes you a useless role. The dissonance there is just plain dumb.

But I could agree to look elsewhere for today.
._.
meeeeeeep?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:31 pm

Post by Oman »

I'm still so confused as to whether the role pm says he's town or they've figured it out via flavr.

Also, much lulz at the reckamonic avatar.
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:57 pm

Post by Reckamonic »

=3
._.
meeeeeeep?
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:07 pm

Post by Charlie »

Enough about mystery wedges. Let's take a closer look at the reactions of people to these actions (my interpretation when I read their posts):

brianj - apprehensive, antagonistic
curiouskarmadog - confused (?)
jmj3000 - inquisitive, neutral, no comment
Me=Weird - not around
Oman - very inquisitive
PieMan - disappointment
Prof. Guppy - apathetic
Reckamonic - "town for first post" "wth useless role??"
Xite91 - apprehensive
yabbaguy - inquisitive

brainj is the only one who went all the way to say "no, maybe it is that..." and I don't like the way he puts out the questions that he did...hence the vote. If I could day-kill anyone, it would be him at this point.

I don't know what curiouskarmadog is trying to put out here, so null-read.

Both jmj3000 and Me=Weird do not have enough involvement to draw a conclusion. Null read also.

Oman and yabbaguy. Both asks questions, but I have different reads on them. Oman is townish for these questions, but I am more confident of yabbaguy being town.
yabbaguy attempts to reason out alignment with flavour, much like what I did back in L4D Mafia. I was town then, by this logic I conclude he is town here.

PieMan, who isn't too happy with my actions, seems believable at this point.

Prof. Guppy is only happy to look elsewhere for mafia. Seems pro-town (I think?).
Xite91 seems cautious too, or not too interested in the banter.

Regarding Reckamonic, at first I thought he was contradicting his posts until I realize that they are 2 people. Because of this I upgrade my previous scum-read on them to a neutral... but reading a hydra... is difficult.
Kindness
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:51 pm

Post by Xite91 »

First, I'm going to have to read a few games from Charlie because he's playing completely different than what I'm used to from him. (Mass posts wtf???) I'll have to see what his town/scum/third party metas are before I say if it's scum or town oriented or anything at all.
Second, how am I apprehensive?
Third, Okay I'm pretty sure I know what's going on, and if that's it, I can almost guarantee they're both town. Hey Charlie do you have a qt with FG?
Last,
Unvote, Vote Pieman

Not liking him so much yet. Not sure if it's the dumb blonde vibe I'm getting from him (sorry blondes) or if he's just plain scummy, but we'll see as we go along
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:01 pm

Post by Reckamonic »

Charlie wrote:Regarding Reckamonic, at first I thought he was contradicting his posts until I realize that they are 2 people. Because of this I upgrade my previous scum-read on them to a neutral... but reading a hydra... is difficult.
Well, for your convenience, we usually don't post until we've both had a chance to discuss the game's events on Skype and come to a mutual agreement on something.
._.
meeeeeeep?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:08 am

Charlie wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:1.) was it CLEAR that both of you are town (not were you able to figure it out)?

Uh, the way you word these questions...interesting.
1) Yes.
2) Yes.
no no, charlie...number 2 wasnt a yes or no....which was it, town, pro town, townie (like the sample pm, or something like those but not those...

a "yes" will not answer this question.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:10 am

also, please state exactly what was "interesting" about my questions.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
brianj
brianj
Goon
brianj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:42 am

Post by brianj »

Let's just say there is a good reasoning behind the way I worded the post you feel apprehensive about. Also there seem to be some ambiguity about my position that few people have pointed out, so clarifying my position now: Prior to the mod-confirmed town claim I was against delving further into their role since I was still not sure alignment of 'Bankrupt' is confirmed to be scum (I posted #35 before yabbaguy's position was further supported with yabbaguy's mod meta and your confirmation, if you remember). However with information in #68 I am definitely more concerned about validity of their claims since their claims of being mod-confirmed definitely does not match their initial behaviour. I do not see why he couldn't have come out clear saying he had mod-confirmed partner and instead try to meet up in secret. I would definitely appreciate if you could clarify what you meant by "calculated risk", should it not involve yourself giving out some critical information.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:11 am

Post by Xite91 »

Okay, brian? Let him answer my question, then I can answer yours, because I'm fairly certain what's going on and it's an easy deduction to make if you look at their posts.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:19 am

Post by yabbaguy »

I'm going V/LA soon and I'm tired out from all sorts of school preparation I'm doing. I'll try to get on tomorrow.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:24 am

Post by Oman »

Xite91 wrote:Okay, brian? Let him answer my question, then I can answer yours, because I'm fairly certain what's going on and it's an easy deduction to make if you look at their posts.
Pretty sure this is a dangerous assumption that I'm not happy people making in the dark.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”