Mini 1041: Wheel of Fortune Mafia (Game over!)

Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #0) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:26 am

Post by Charlie »

Hey people!

I'm going to softclaim my role. Yeah, in my first post. I did not get the Vanilla Townie role PM. I got something else which IMHO is... well quite frankly, useless. And I mean really useless. Not even like a weak doctor, who can at least confirm who is town-aligned if he hits a townie. Not quite so like a CPR doctor who can at least act like a vigilante when he protects who isn't targeted for a night kill.

In addition, there is a subtle hinting here about the possibility of a mason-like partner. Strange or what?

I might also make a reference to Scooby-Doo: I like that van.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:50 am

Post by Charlie »

yabbaguy wrote:Charlie, do you know who this buddy is? I think they or you are scum, presuming my guess of your softclaim is correct.
What? Am I really supposed to answer this question? It kinda rubs me the wrong way, sorry.
I have an observation: your first post, #16 and your avatar tells me that you have at least a mild amount of OCD personality. I like that!
curiouskarmadog wrote:Seriously, I have no clue what you just said here or if you are saying what I think you are saying, why you decided to say it.
Well I'm pretty sure the reason is in that post there somewhere...
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:29 am

Post by Charlie »

Acute observation, yabbaguy. Role name is correct and your attempt to guess at the actual mechanic is pretty good, but I doubt it is accurate. You see, there are some things in my role PM that I'm not sharing publicly... You just have to trust me on this.

As for the partner question... give me some time to think about answering this. I'm a tad bit flustered at your response, and need to choose my words carefully.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:38 am

Post by Charlie »

FakeGod wrote:I trust ya dude :cool:

*brofists Charlie*
Oh! Allrighttttt!
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (isolation #4) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by Charlie »

yabbaguy wrote:And everyone caught that O'Donnell crack, yes?
That's the dude that hosted WoF originally, I presume. I'm not from US so I watch the local version of WoF.
Oh on that note, my timezone is +8GMT. This means I'm usually not around when most of you guys are posting. Also, I had limited access yesterday; I usually make it a point to post at least once a day (moreso at the early stage of the game). My apologies.
Reckamonic wrote:So we know that one of Charlie and FG is scum.
We also know the odds of there being a strong PR between those two is huge. If the scum has any form or redirection or blocking, you've FUCKED OVER a town PR.
Your assumptions are noted.
Prof. Guppy wrote:While understanding the theme may help us find the mafia, it should not be used as a substitute for traditional scumhunting.

Having said that, I will go along with the "one of Charlie or FG is scum" plan...for now. But I will leave my scumdar on, and use it to double check my suspicions. I suggest everyone else do the same.
I hope that you're true to your word.
yabbaguy wrote:I would figure that Bankrupt/Lose a Turn would be the scum in this case, since the flavor is "getting rid of the things that make contestants lose". I don't see why Coug would be counterintuitive and make the both of those Mystery Wedges Town when one of the wedges on the real show holds a dirty little secret.
Again, I like your method of using flavour to gain an advantage. That's one of the reasons why I choose to join themed games. I would assume Lose a Turn to be mafia roleblocker. However! I've learned from L4D Mafia that assumptions are dangerous. Like, in this case, I guarantee 100% that FakeGod is town. I don't need mod-confirmation, I am absolutely totally 100% surefire positive about it. If I get lynched/Nk-ed, take my word for it.
brianj wrote:I am sorry, but I am not particularly sure whether FakeGod is his partner, or at least there wasn't any clear confirmation about it at all besides his random ambiguous post. So I don't know why Reckamonic and Prof. Guppy is suddenly coming down with the idea of "one of Charlie and FG is scum".

Both players claimed themselves to be useless, though. Moreover if Charlie and FG is indeed mystery wedge and knows each other, and had the same idea yabbaguy had, mafia already knew who is the other PR anyway. yabbaguy's action can only constitute as rolefishing only if mystery wedges do not know each other.
Your suspicions are noted, and I think they are poorly worded. Seems easy to twist around what you're saying here.
Anyway, I'm not so useless anymore because I know that FakeGod is town-aligned, and I can give town this guarantee (see above).
And there is more...let me think a bit on how to get a message across first.
PieMan wrote:If you can show evidence that this is what you do im willing to remove my vote(cite only finished games)

@charlie do you always straight up claim you have a crap role? this is bad for town, very bad for town. Fakegod, why r u guys telling your power levels?
This is not what I normally do. I took a decisive action. And this role is not crap; it was....useful in the way I just used it. And more.
You may see it as bad play, but give it a chance eh? You never know, it may turn out good after all!

@jmj3000 #47: Yay, thanks!

Oh, a gurantee from FakeGod! The same one I just typed out. This completes the cycle: If I die and flip town he is confirmed town. If he dies and flips town I am confirmed town. If anything else occurs, I shall neuter a cougar.
PieMan wrote:Charlie, FakeGod why does either of you think it was a good idea, to out that if you are town, you are essentially the worse role, minus VT
Calculated risk.
brainj wrote:Of course when Charlie posts more or when the full roleclaim comes, I would be more certain about the motivation behind his post.

I think I have rough idea about what their role is about now but I'll wait and see. Kind of surprised about how Charlie and FakeGod seem to be certain of each others alignment though.
Whatever it is you are doing or what I think you're doing here... You're doing it wrong.
VOTE: brainj
PieMan wrote:Im not asking your role im asking your intention, cause you just made it way harder on any big role we may have.

dont worry about answering that FG, I hope you guys know what your doing, but I seriously dont think that was a good play by you guys.
What's done is done. Don't cry over spilt milk?
jmj3000 wrote:Charlie/FakeGod: Why did you two feel like you had to out yourself?
Myself, it was a calculated risk.
Oman wrote:charlie: Confirm that FG is mod-confirmed town for you.
No need. I already know he is town with me.
And there is also an "unvote" tag. It is next to the "vote" tag.

@PieMan #64: Sometimes, I wonder if you posting normally is essentially the same as you posting in leetspeak.
curiouskarmadog wrote:Ahhhhhhhh...I dont understand if they are what they said they are, they had to come out...i assume it has something to do with their role, but still it makes me uneasy. they sounds more like neighbors than they do masons...but the fact the "had" to come out for some reason, (shrug)...I cant see two scum buddies pulling this together. Seems stupid if that is the case.

unvote, vote ME=Weird....more posting please.
But you yourself aren't contributing in this post.

@Oman #67: And that may be all there is to know?
FakeGod wrote:I was able to figure it out from my role PM, thank you very much.
Me too.
brainj wrote:Seems like the role of you guys wasn't completely useless after all, contrarily to behaviour of you two at the beginning.
This calculated risk paid off.
curiouskarmadog wrote:1.) was it CLEAR that both of you are town (not were you able to figure it out)?

2.) Did it say that both of you were "Town", "Pro Town", "Townie" (like the sample pm) or something like that but not specificly that.
Uh, the way you word these questions...interesting.
1) Yes.
2) Yes.
Xite91 wrote:I would like charlie to answer whether it's mod-confirmed that you're town.
Dammit. I don't need mod-confirmation, I can tell on my own based on my role PM.
Reckamonic wrote:No. Why should we believe you? I have trouble believing that you guys are more useless than a weak doctor, yet you guys have mod-confirmed alignments to each other. Seriously, WTF!?
*facepalm*
I hope you change your mind after reading this post.

@Oman #83: What is this I just don't... I can't... I mean.. I will neuter a cougar if I am wrong about this!
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (isolation #5) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:07 pm

Post by Charlie »

Enough about mystery wedges. Let's take a closer look at the reactions of people to these actions (my interpretation when I read their posts):

brianj - apprehensive, antagonistic
curiouskarmadog - confused (?)
jmj3000 - inquisitive, neutral, no comment
Me=Weird - not around
Oman - very inquisitive
PieMan - disappointment
Prof. Guppy - apathetic
Reckamonic - "town for first post" "wth useless role??"
Xite91 - apprehensive
yabbaguy - inquisitive

brainj is the only one who went all the way to say "no, maybe it is that..." and I don't like the way he puts out the questions that he did...hence the vote. If I could day-kill anyone, it would be him at this point.

I don't know what curiouskarmadog is trying to put out here, so null-read.

Both jmj3000 and Me=Weird do not have enough involvement to draw a conclusion. Null read also.

Oman and yabbaguy. Both asks questions, but I have different reads on them. Oman is townish for these questions, but I am more confident of yabbaguy being town.
yabbaguy attempts to reason out alignment with flavour, much like what I did back in L4D Mafia. I was town then, by this logic I conclude he is town here.

PieMan, who isn't too happy with my actions, seems believable at this point.

Prof. Guppy is only happy to look elsewhere for mafia. Seems pro-town (I think?).
Xite91 seems cautious too, or not too interested in the banter.

Regarding Reckamonic, at first I thought he was contradicting his posts until I realize that they are 2 people. Because of this I upgrade my previous scum-read on them to a neutral... but reading a hydra... is difficult.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (isolation #6) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:29 pm

Post by Charlie »

Xite91 wrote:First, I'm going to have to read a few games from Charlie because he's playing completely different than what I'm used to from him. (Mass posts wtf???) I'll have to see what his town/scum/third party metas are before I say if it's scum or town oriented or anything at all.
Second, how am I apprehensive?
Third, Okay I'm pretty sure I know what's going on, and if that's it, I can almost guarantee they're both town. Hey Charlie do you have a qt with FG?
1) I recommend that you don't because of three reasons: A game with 12 players is easier to read than a Large Game. Meta IMHO is useless or at least not worth the effort. I have never played a 3rd party before.
As an addendum, I mass posted because I had a lot of thing to respond to and I have to use information from the reactions gained.
2) It was a relative analysis: comparing you with others.
For the record, I label those as inquisitive as more pro-town and those apprehensive as prob scum. No hard feelings.
3) Well good for you then? I don't think I have to answer the second part for the answer is obvious.
curiouskarmadog wrote:no no, charlie...number 2 wasnt a yes or no....which was it, town, pro town, townie (like the sample pm, or something like those but not those...

a "yes" will not answer this question.

also, please state exactly what was "interesting" about my questions.
Nothing of that sort.
"Interesting" in the sense it feels like a rigid closed-ended type of questioning: I would think that pro-town players would go for open-ended ones. Yep, you're also a prime suspect in my eyes. No hard feelings to you, too.

@brianj #96: Exactly. You have the information but are unable to draw out a conclusion from it. Since I think that others have already got it, I'd recommend you to take some time to ponder it.
PieMan wrote:I dont like Charlie and FakeGod, there is so many things that could be wrong there, I cant remember, but this is a slightly bastard modded game right?

Brian, hes still pushing for the entirty of their roles, I dont like this at all. He is running for this information on the basis, that one of them must be the bankrupt, this way at looking at the game could be highly fallacious. ( In my last game the scum were virus's, one was a Blu Ray disc Player, game ran by Strangercoug)
Nope, I don't recall this being a bastard modded game (the mod however could be a different story).
And you are wrong about the mafia being a BD-ROM in that game. That was a fakeclaim, the real role was a virus. I know this because I reviewed it. And you were leetspeaking.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (isolation #7) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Charlie »

Okay. You can find some meta in Newbies 889 and 888 (first two games here, both mafia). Newbies 919 and 934, town. Between these 4 my being lynched record is 75%. I also hold the same perfect record as Prof. Guppy's signature: Died in every game I've been in. Other meta: L4D Mafia (Large Theme), Rainbow Robot Unicorn Attack Mafia (Mini Theme).

I'm holding off answering your question for the moment. I need to try to read your mind first.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (isolation #8) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:27 pm

Post by Charlie »

So that was the big news! Congrats! I kinda guessed it (from your signature, among other things) but it was none of my business.

Anyway, OK. I'll answer this one: The answer is no.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (isolation #9) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:50 pm

Post by Charlie »

Nooooo Xite91... That's not how it works. You're supposed to answer back, not ask another question!
Xite91 wrote:Second, you really aught to just answer, then I PROMISE right afterward I will tell you why I asked
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:06 pm

Post by Charlie »

Er, close enough, Xite91. I must say your actions are really unhelpful to town i.e. anti-town BUT If and when you flip town I nominate you as VI.

Now, can we shift our attention to other matters, please?
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (isolation #11) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:06 am

Post by Charlie »

I take back what I said and realize that I'm not fond of the VI term anyway (It is Village Idiot -- a term used to describe someone who is acting anti-town but are town-aligned in the describer's eyes). It has a somewhat derogatory tone to it. I accept her explanation for now.

curiouskarmadog does not appear to be paying attention to the thread. I'd recommend him to get some sleep first before attempting to read stuff.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (isolation #12) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:52 pm

Post by Charlie »

You're strange, curiouskarmadog. Look at my #104, directly below the scond quote to find this:
Charlie wrote:Nothing of that sort.
Cross-reference with FakeGod's #138.

Ninja Edit: Yay, you've understood! (finally!)
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (isolation #13) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:29 pm

Post by Charlie »

@PieMan: Whoops, please don't overthink about my posts. It's unhealthy. That post had no hidden/breacrumbed meaning. It was just a thought of the moment (now retracted).

@curiouskarmadog:
Charlie wrote:You're strange, curiouskarmadog.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (isolation #14) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:29 pm

Post by Charlie »

Xite, do you think meta is a good way of finding mafia?
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (isolation #15) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:01 pm

Post by Charlie »

yabbaguy wrote:PieMan, I will admit, isn't doing a terribly good job right now (his Tasky vote was rubbish)
There were a lot of silly things going on back then... I suppose we'll have to be more careful to try and spot these things to look for evidence of deception.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (isolation #16) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:29 pm

Post by Charlie »

yabbaguy wrote:
Charlie wrote:There were a lot of silly things going on back then... I suppose we'll have to be more careful to try and spot these things to look for evidence of deception.
I don't understand this either.

Basically, I'm very lost right now. Help me out here.
What I'm basically saying is that I find the interactions between Tasky, Tazaro and Pieman strange. I get the feeling that one of them is mafia but due to their posting style am unable to discern which. Also, I think it is unlikely that two mafia members are among those 2 because of heavy interactions.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (isolation #17) » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:14 pm

Post by Charlie »

Look, people, I think Xite91 is not the best lynch today. It should be one of those three jokers. Having said that I think it is time for me to unvote.

UNVOTE: brianj
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (isolation #18) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:02 pm

Post by Charlie »

Bah.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (isolation #19) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:35 pm

Post by Charlie »

Yay, great job Town! I'm kinda glad to be offed N1 as my reads were all wrong this game.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (isolation #20) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by Charlie »

Nice flavour, SC!
Kindness

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”