rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #4025 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:38 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

i didnt think claiming doctor was necessary. i thought that my provable bringing someone into the game would have given more more mileage. apparently it didnt.
great job town.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #4026 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Post by PokerFace »

!PF's general game thoughts!

What PF did wrong:
1) Should not have claimed cuckoo or corinthian. Should have claimed no worship action like Plum. I didn't realize she had made that claim and no one cared
2) Claiming Unrecuitable instead of calmly defending self near the end there.
3) Should have bussed raj when i had the chance and not been confused by vote counts or game content

What ani did wrong:
1) General scumminess
2) Couldn't keep up with the game
3) Cared too much about killing cult
4) Did not go after the right people when it came to finding who best to mislynched
5) Said too much when incorrectly pasteing/posting something we discussed in our QT

Thing I wish i could have done:
1) I was V/la night 1. Had I been arround mine and ani's actions would have got sent and counted
2) I was V/la night 1. Had I been arround I would have talked Snow out of claiming Vig as it is dumb from all perspective whether town, SK, or mafia you shouldn't claim vig early in a game unless there be a wagon on you.
3) I was V/la night 1. Had I been arround I would have read the thread and realized tar was a bad kill in time to warn my scum group not to do that.
In general the last week of May first week of June was an evil time for me. Uncle Died, Car broke down. Vacation got cut short by all this and fact waking up at 4am to go into hotel basement over a bogus Tornado Watch/warning was more uncool than anything on this earth.

Thing I am most proud of
1) Both me and Ani said we thought Orto/xite/LMP was cult recruited into the game. I am so glad we were right and got that and figured there was a zombie cult given all the realms of death before ABR had to reveal. High Five ani!

Main problem:
1) General game speed and content level. If not so much in the game I would have seen what plum wrote and made a better claim. I also could have been arround to bus raj and defend self better as beholder would have counted votes better and such during all that. Also with less content a scum buddy could have caught the Tar thing

What I learned:
1) Its time for me to retire from large and or long games as my playstyle is not well suited. I think I'm only going to do real-time marathon or irc games for now on. Only gonna mod and discuss things otherwise in discussion forums too. Perhaps I'll replace into some games for desperate mods but that will be rare at best.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #4027 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:52 pm

Post by PokerFace »

also of note the cult suspicions on me were wrong since they stemed from me and ani being right about orto. that totally sucked. I think the mighty orbits pair are only players that really voted me thinking i was mafia
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #4028 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:00 pm

Post by Fate »

Pretty funny that I'm reading all the roles and I don't know who claimed half of them...

But yeah Mina didn't mean to make your blood boil. Shoulda listened to MO and Faraday about my good intentions.

/SATISFIED WITH MAH PLAY
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #4029 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:06 pm

Post by Fate »

Pretty sure MO should get a nom for sorting through this.

Ooba a good second as well.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4030 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:29 pm

Post by Nikanor »

PokerFace wrote:I think I'm only going to do real-time marathon or irc games for now on.
I've only seen you on Xyl's mafia channel once or twice. Do you play somewhere else?

Here is mine and Iec's QT. I kinda thought that MO and Tar were cult together near the end. Paranoia is really the worst part about cults. >_>
If anyone else wants to post their Desire QTs I'll let them do it themselves, since I technically wasn't a part of it.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #4031 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:34 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Check my wiki nikanor. I used to go on xyl's channel alot. Can't do that so much anymore because I got a full time job, a house, and way too many responsibilities. I still ocassionally get free time and free time would be better spent with real time mafia over mafiascum long drawn out games as freeing up a weekend for marathon's = easy. I am mainly saying free time which i devoted to games like this in the past will likly go towards irc games in the future as its easier.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #4032 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:41 pm

Post by PokerFace »

play somewhere else? no not at moment. I used to play on xyl's alot and another site that sadly no longer exists
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #4033 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:31 pm

Post by Mina »

Yay!

Good game, all, and thanks to Kinetic and Haylen for modding. It must have taken a lot of effort to juggle such an intricate set-up.

That said, I'm still not sure I understand all that went on. I've read the Mafia QT, AND the green room, and I still don't get why Parama didn't die on N2, or why VasudeVa was redirected to Snow_Bunny. Something about weird role interactions, and VV being redirected fifty different times...and wait, ooba self-redirected onto Nikanor, and not raj (like he'd claimed)?

So Fate, you
were
trying to draw a nightkill? Sorry for all the vitriol in the thread and the QT, but I'd figured that since you'd claimed reviver in the same breath, your plan was something else. And I'm possessive over my role, dammit. Then your refusal to answer questions set off my paranoia even more....

Someone post the Fate-Parama QT, please.

Incidentally, did
everyone
figure out I was the dayvig before MO's reveal? I know ooba said something like "We all know who the dayvig is, Fate, and it isn't you."

And seconding that MO deserves a Scummy nomination for his performance.

And lastly, I think Kinetic's decision on the cult was the right one. It sucks for Tarhalindur to have his win condition changed after putting in so much effort to help the town, but playing against it wasn't fair to Faraday, LMP, and Plum. This also tarnished our victory, since I think we were on the verge of catching the cult anyway. I'd have liked to know what would have happened had Tar put up a fight.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4034 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:13 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Since you asked so nicely, and since I don't think either of them will mind too much that I'm giving this to you, here you go!

I only knew you were the dayvig because MO told Tar.

If the zombies had known their win condition, cult would have left happily and we would have lynched Katy the next day to win. What was your reason for not letting the Zombies know their own wincon, Kinetic? Sorry if this was answered in the green room, because I haven't gotten around to reading that yet.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4035 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:18 am

Post by Iecerint »

I suppose you can see the ABRSky drama (AND the Blazer drama) in the Norse QT. I got really depressed and stopped focusing when it ended up being a dead end.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4036 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:52 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Arggg!!!! Who killed me!!!???
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4037 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:00 am

Post by Kinetic »

Mina wrote:Yay!

Good game, all, and thanks to Kinetic and Haylen for modding. It must have taken a lot of effort to juggle such an intricate set-up.

That said, I'm still not sure I understand all that went on. I've read the Mafia QT, AND the green room, and I still don't get why Parama didn't die on N2, or why VasudeVa was redirected to Snow_Bunny. Something about weird role interactions, and VV being redirected fifty different times...and wait, ooba self-redirected onto Nikanor, and not raj (like he'd claimed)?
Totallynotmafia protected Parama night two. DarkStalker used a recurring nightmare on VV causing ALL of hi targeting to move up one on the list. This caused it to hit Ooba, which caused it to hit nikanor, which since it was a retarget bounced it up to MO.

So Fate, you
were
trying to draw a nightkill? Sorry for all the vitriol in the thread and the QT, but I'd figured that since you'd claimed reviver in the same breath, your plan was something else. And I'm possessive over my role, dammit. Then your refusal to answer questions set off my paranoia even more....

Someone post the Fate-Parama QT, please.

Incidentally, did
everyone
figure out I was the dayvig before MO's reveal? I know ooba said something like "We all know who the dayvig is, Fate, and it isn't you."

And seconding that MO deserves a Scummy nomination for his performance.

And lastly, I think Kinetic's decision on the cult was the right one. It sucks for Tarhalindur to have his win condition changed after putting in so much effort to help the town, but playing against it wasn't fair to Faraday, LMP, and Plum. This also tarnished our victory, since I think we were on the verge of catching the cult anyway. I'd have liked to know what would have happened had Tar put up a fight.
I was of the opinion that the cult victory was VERY close (with two zombies they'd have hit 60% or 8 infected very fast). But I couldn't be sure so I couldn't auto-win them. That being said, I made a mistake being so vague on the zombie's win condition. Perhaps if it was more obvious then that may have solved the issue.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4038 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:02 am

Post by LimMePls »

I'd just like to step in and say:

1. I hate whoever shot me after I read 100+ pages in one night to catch up. I didn't even last half a day phase. I don't blame you for shooting me, but I hate you all the same. ;)
2. I have no idea why xite claimed "wayward spirit" instead of "benevolent spirit". Our PM specifically said that if we were investigation immune, we would check as "Benevolent Spirit". I guess I could have stuck to the "wayward spirit" story, but I was pretty sure that would get me killed. Of course I got killed anyways...
3. I'm disappointed that Tar felt the need to play against our win condition. I was going to target MO, but IIRC MO is a god (right?) and I was afraid our bite might not affect gods. I targeted Tar because he seemed to be a really strong player, and I figured he could play through changing cult easily enough.
@MOD: Would the bite on a god infect them?
. I'm glad the mod declared the cult a draw, having all our mechanics spilled like that really sucked.
4. I dunno how you guys persevered through this game. I felt like my head was going to explode just reading it.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #4039 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:05 am

Post by Haylen »

Mina wrote:Good game, all, and thanks to Kinetic and Haylen for modding.
Thanks, but I honestly can't take any credit =) There were a few times when I was going to do a vote count for Kinetic and surprise him because he was busy but I was worried I would get it wrong and be more of a hinderance than a help. >.<
Lynch wrote:@MOD: Would the bite on a god infect them?.
The bite of a Rena would. *bites* haha! Now you're gonna turn into a Brit!
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4040 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:09 am

Post by LimMePls »

Haylen wrote:The bite of a Rena would. *bites* haha! Now you're gonna turn into a Brit!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4041 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:11 am

Post by Nikanor »

Haylen wrote:The bite of a Rena would. *bites* haha! Now you're gonna turn into a Brit!
Well with what I've heard about British dental care, I wouldn't be surprised.

@LMP: I was infected, and Ra turned into a zombie, so yes.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4042 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:52 am

Post by Parama »

IT'S FINALLY OVER
YAY
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #4043 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:03 am

Post by Fate »

WAIT WDF NIKANOR YOU WERE READING OUR QT?

PERVERT!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4044 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:07 am

Post by Nikanor »

Yes, I could read all of the QTs. Your QT with Parama was pretty fun to watch.
I like how I was able to QT only town + Plum so that my Jealousy ability didn't become a hindrance. I'm glad it never saw the light of day. >_>
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4045 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:09 am

Post by ooba »

Well - thats game!

Surprised at a few things:
I honestly don't care about that. If i can take the cult out with me I think it would be justified. I reviewed my math and I was wrong thinking we caused the targeting issues. Vasu definatly did it.

But I suppose we can do it your way. Here is the alternative post I am planning to make tonight. A post likly to be the final post we make.
- This slip - especially since the rest of the post was so well formatted and so on
- SB's claim is perplexing apart from the WIFOM mileage. esp. after a shot on SpyreX .. Being forced to give up the item and the lack of a second kill hurt
- Mafia killing Tar N1 as PF mentioned
- Tar throwing the game; I really believed that there was cult masterplan at the back of it all - that was surprising and disappointing

@PF
also of note the cult suspicions on me were wrong since they stemed from me and ani being right about orto. that totally sucked. I think the mighty orbits pair are only players that really voted me thinking i was mafia
Honestly I think it was the reaction to my wrong case that did you in. Claiming unrecruitable was what got the rest of the town onboard.

@Fate: You are getting easy to read :)

@Nik: I am ok with the aborted ooba-Iece QT link being put up if you have it
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #4046 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:10 am

Post by Fate »

http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/arieejfZ3iH

FINALLY I CAN DELETE THAT LINK;. (Don't expect any serious scumhuntin)

@Ooba: That's the point, if everyone can read me and trust me then I CAN LEAD TOWN TO VICTORYZ

(which is why you guyz shot me N1 last time)
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4047 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:10 am

Post by VasudeVa »

ooba was Town? :o
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #4048 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:11 am

Post by Fate »

Oh the cult thing?

They were fated to lose anyway with my 1v1 with Faraday. Nothing Tar did really changed that, and if it did Tar coulda just been modkilled
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #4049 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:11 am

Post by Fate »

VasudeVa wrote:ooba was Town? :o
Your reads were wrong?

SHOCK AND AWE

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”