Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #63 (isolation #0) » Tue May 25, 2010 10:55 am

Post by PokerFace »

I pokerFace am the other half. Me and animorph are darkstalker

I'll try to remember to put that in that account's sig later on

also what was the chatter on page 2 about people saying who their votes were really for. I thought that chatter meant something was moving the votes down 2 but I must have failed at reading that as all votes on page one look correct up to that point i think
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #778 (isolation #1) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:58 am

Post by PokerFace »

Hello all. I am also posting here under my main account so that you can see my sig that basically says
V/LA June 3-6
Ani should be fine and able to keep up without me and if not, give the prods to DS and probably his main account too. Tomorrow is June 2 and i will unlikly post then as i got to get packed for vacation. later all
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #4026 (isolation #2) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Post by PokerFace »

!PF's general game thoughts!

What PF did wrong:
1) Should not have claimed cuckoo or corinthian. Should have claimed no worship action like Plum. I didn't realize she had made that claim and no one cared
2) Claiming Unrecuitable instead of calmly defending self near the end there.
3) Should have bussed raj when i had the chance and not been confused by vote counts or game content

What ani did wrong:
1) General scumminess
2) Couldn't keep up with the game
3) Cared too much about killing cult
4) Did not go after the right people when it came to finding who best to mislynched
5) Said too much when incorrectly pasteing/posting something we discussed in our QT

Thing I wish i could have done:
1) I was V/la night 1. Had I been arround mine and ani's actions would have got sent and counted
2) I was V/la night 1. Had I been arround I would have talked Snow out of claiming Vig as it is dumb from all perspective whether town, SK, or mafia you shouldn't claim vig early in a game unless there be a wagon on you.
3) I was V/la night 1. Had I been arround I would have read the thread and realized tar was a bad kill in time to warn my scum group not to do that.
In general the last week of May first week of June was an evil time for me. Uncle Died, Car broke down. Vacation got cut short by all this and fact waking up at 4am to go into hotel basement over a bogus Tornado Watch/warning was more uncool than anything on this earth.

Thing I am most proud of
1) Both me and Ani said we thought Orto/xite/LMP was cult recruited into the game. I am so glad we were right and got that and figured there was a zombie cult given all the realms of death before ABR had to reveal. High Five ani!

Main problem:
1) General game speed and content level. If not so much in the game I would have seen what plum wrote and made a better claim. I also could have been arround to bus raj and defend self better as beholder would have counted votes better and such during all that. Also with less content a scum buddy could have caught the Tar thing

What I learned:
1) Its time for me to retire from large and or long games as my playstyle is not well suited. I think I'm only going to do real-time marathon or irc games for now on. Only gonna mod and discuss things otherwise in discussion forums too. Perhaps I'll replace into some games for desperate mods but that will be rare at best.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #4027 (isolation #3) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:52 pm

Post by PokerFace »

also of note the cult suspicions on me were wrong since they stemed from me and ani being right about orto. that totally sucked. I think the mighty orbits pair are only players that really voted me thinking i was mafia
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #4031 (isolation #4) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:34 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Check my wiki nikanor. I used to go on xyl's channel alot. Can't do that so much anymore because I got a full time job, a house, and way too many responsibilities. I still ocassionally get free time and free time would be better spent with real time mafia over mafiascum long drawn out games as freeing up a weekend for marathon's = easy. I am mainly saying free time which i devoted to games like this in the past will likly go towards irc games in the future as its easier.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #4032 (isolation #5) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:41 pm

Post by PokerFace »

play somewhere else? no not at moment. I used to play on xyl's alot and another site that sadly no longer exists
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #4073 (isolation #6) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:10 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I still think Town 40%, mafia and cult both close to 30% at start. I'll read all of kinetics end game stuff to double check that math later. For the most part town play was phenominal so even with evening setup ideas i mentioned in the green room (uneven scum distribution and 3 god groups, and first zombie is present at game start to help avoid them getting exposed) things would have been rough

As i don't yet seem to see Beholder posting it
here is mine and ani's hydra QT:
http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/WGdZ35h99jnM
Here is the night 2 qt of me, nika, and plum
http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/PkR2GtWFWZfpv
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #4079 (isolation #7) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:18 am

Post by PokerFace »

Hey Raj why didn't you tell me and the rest of the scum you had a safe fake claim option? You were our only member to get ont i think.

Also the slip that existed in my post was caused by animorpherv Those lines ooba defined as a slip weren't part of the post and i guess animorpherv didn't realize that when he copied it out of our QT. Oh well shit happens and we were going down at that point anyway so i am not mad at ani for it. He shouldn't have done it and should learn that should he hydra with anyone again, but I will not dislike him for any of this game as I honestly had alot of fun hydraing with him.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #4080 (isolation #8) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:30 am

Post by PokerFace »

and I put enough "entry" players as scum or town that just being an entry player shouldn't make you scummy.
Honestly the people that joined day 1, orto and DTM, should have been in the game at game start. Them entering as they did garned surprised and suspicion and probably hurt cult chances as orto would not have first got suspected if he didn't join like that. Faraday could have saved his kill and inspect saving ability for later. Having people join later in the game from different factions at different times = ok. Have 2 join right at once on a day where town has only random stuff to talk about will enevetably lead everyone to talk about them. Kinda like claiming miller on day 1. Once it happens, everyone has got to comment.

Fix orto's join time and cult gets 33% chance at game start

Fix scum group predictability by unevening them and or the god groups and they get 33% too.

Town would likly get the 34% and that would be close enough.

Game awesome and well constructed and fun either way. I quite enjoyed things kinetic, thanks for the invite and letting me and ani hydra. Game was awesome and pretty well balance despite this math as i definatly felt like mafia still had a chance despite the mass claim. We did have alot of power I liked all the power my role had. I may have to use something simular in one of my games. This was fun and worth playing despite my always busy schedule. Mafia did fall into some swingish bad luck but the town had a good ammount of scum hunting by some people that made themselves heard
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #4082 (isolation #9) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:40 am

Post by PokerFace »

Ahh ok those are good reasons. And yes yours and rolands logic is likly fairly sound as i think ressurectors are a primarily town role

Side note I totally forgot Kinetic would give us safe/fake claims if we asked for them. I should face palm for that as it may have helped me and out of sheer curiousity as i should have asked just to see what i would have gotten.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #4084 (isolation #10) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:50 am

Post by PokerFace »

yay i knew almost nothing about my character or sandman stories and should have remembered you could do that for us, as i'm sure you could have given me some townish lies for what my skills did. Oh well hindsight. Feel free to give an example if you want. This game simply had too much info to keep track of so i had to forget some things.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”