Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:57 am

Post by Excedrin »

PaltryExcuse wrote:@Excedrin: You both RV'd and made questions for all. Do you prefer a RVS or a RQS?
I don't prefer either. Why does it have to be one or the other?
Mindgamer wrote:
Mindgamer, why is it boring to play w/people you know?
Quite the opposite. It's fun to play with people you know. Why? I don't know, that's just the way it is. Counterquestion: Why would it be boring to play with people you know?
I agree with you. With players you know, you start to gain meta and get wifom'd based on meta, which makes it interesting. That doesn't really happen with unknowns.
water_foul wrote:I agree with this and it only does good for the mafia. The mafia knows who isn't mafia so they can kill indiscriminately and the town doesn't get any information out of it except if the mafia got lucky.
How does town get information if mafia gets lucky?
McGriddle wrote:My apologies everyone, for some reason every time I tried to reply it sent me back to the home page, not to mention half of the time I couldn't find the game lol.
Why apologize?
farside22 wrote:@Everyone: what is the best way to get out of RVS stage?

my answer: Usually I find something to fight with someone about even something minor.
Here's an example: Why did Excedrin vote for McGriddle for not voting when he didn't post in the game at that point?
Best way is an early wagon.
Does a random vote have to be logical? What do you think about McGriddle's reaction?
DiscoRoboto wrote:It's obvious that you are getting scumtells just because you disregard the context. How do you get out of RVS if there's nothing to talk about?
Is disregarding context more of a pro- or anti-town behavior?
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:58 am

Post by Excedrin »

Not Voting (4): hewitt, Light, McGriddle, water_foul

Why aren't you participating in RVS?
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:03 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

Disregarding context is anti-town. It's an easy way to isolate 'scummy' remarks, even though in the context they are fine.
It also is a tell to see if someone is skimming, but I doubt it in this case.

I don't think Mindgamer is anti-town at this point, I think he's just REALLY desperately trying to get out of the RVS.
Xonar!
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:41 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

DiscoRoboto wrote:I don't think Mindgamer is anti-town at this point, I think he's just REALLY desperately trying to get out of the RVS.
This kind of attitude is actually the worst for town at this point. How long are we in RVS before a case becomes legitimate?
Excedrin wrote:
PaltryExcuse wrote:@Excedrin: You both RV'd and made questions for all. Do you prefer a RVS or a RQS?
I don't prefer either. Why does it have to be one or the other?
It doesn't. I did both. Whatever works for that game, run with it.

Also @Excedrin:
farside22 wrote:Why did Excedrin vote for McGriddle for not voting when he didn't post in the game at that point?
No response?

Unvote; Vote: DiscoRoboto

farside22 wrote:@Everyone: what is the best way to get out of RVS stage?
Bandwagonning and provoking questions are good ways to get out valid reads on people's behaviour. (And things just snowball from there.)
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:45 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

At this point?
At this point, we should not draw conclusions too quickly. That's exactly what I'm doing, how is that bad for Town?
Xonar!
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:33 am

Post by Chaco »

The Second Vote Count "Activity!"

hewitt (1)
: pwnman,
PaltryExcuse (0):

don_johnson (0):

kunkstar7 (2):
farside22, Excedrin,
Mindgamer (0):

DiscoRoboto (2):
Mindgamer, PaltryExcuse,
farside22 (0):

pwnman (1):
kunkstar7,
Excedrin (0):
Light (0):

McGriddle (1):
don_johnson,
water_foul (0):

Not Voting (5)
: DiscoRoboto, hewitt, Light, McGriddle, water_foul

A deadline has been set for the 5th of March at 11:59:59pm.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:31 pm

Post by McGriddle »

Excedrin wrote:Not Voting (4): hewitt, Light, McGriddle, water_foul

Because at this point, to me, it seems like it wouldn't be random if I were to vote. RVS is not my favorite point in the game either.

And I apologize because I took so long to confirm.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

water_foul
water_foul
Townie
water_foul
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:19 pm

Post by water_foul »

Excedrin wrote:
water_foul wrote:I agree with this and it only does good for the mafia. The mafia knows who isn't mafia so they can kill indiscriminately and the town doesn't get any information out of it except if the mafia got lucky.
How does town get information if mafia gets lucky?
If mafia gets lucky then town knows they are one less super, i said information, not good intel
Kudos and Immortalization to the first person to pm me the character from a scifi tv show that lives in apartment #36

People Immortalized in my Siggy
strappado - 101010=42 => Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
water_foul
water_foul
Townie
water_foul
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by water_foul »

Sorry for the double post, i saw this question too late

I usually err on the side of caution as i don't have enough mafia experience to do much more than jump on a bandwagon while not hammering. I have accidentally hammered before and got lynched for it (was town) so i won't make that mistake again.... Also if it looks like i'm lurking it is because, again, i don't have much mafia experience so i don't know how to jump into RVS RQS type stuff. I will be much more active day 2.
Kudos and Immortalization to the first person to pm me the character from a scifi tv show that lives in apartment #36

People Immortalized in my Siggy
strappado - 101010=42 => Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by farside22 »

farside22 wrote:
@Everyone: what is the best way to get out of RVS stage?

my answer: Usually I find something to fight with someone about even something minor.
Here's an example: Why did Excedrin vote for McGriddle for not voting when he didn't post in the game at that point?
Best way is an early wagon.
Does a random vote have to be logical? What do you think about McGriddle's reaction?
There isn't always logic but saying someone didn't vote when they didn't post and then he doesn't vote when he comes on I have to wonder about it.
I hate people that has my opinion and not post one of there own it looks like wanting to see a case so you can put forth a vote.

unvote:
vote: Excedrin
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Light
Light
Townie
Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:10 pm

Post by Light »

i don't have enough experience in forum based mafia games to do so.
[i]"Ryuk, i will become the God of the new world."[/i]
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:51 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

DiscoRoboto wrote:At this point?
At this point, we should not draw conclusions too quickly. That's exactly what I'm doing, how is that bad for Town?
My comment had nothing to do with drawing conclusions too quickly. It had to do with shuffling off an argument just because it's early in the game.
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:36 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

My comment DID have something to do with drawing conclusions too quickly.
Xonar!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:56 am

Post by farside22 »

PaltryExcuse: I really don't understand the point you are trying to make against Disco.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:19 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

farside22 wrote:PaltryExcuse: I really don't understand the point you are trying to make against Disco.
Mindgamer takes a stab at Disco, and I thought he was discrediting it with this:
DiscoRoboto wrote:Guess this is the way out right now though.
'The way out' being out of RVS.
DiscoRoboto wrote:I don't think Mindgamer is anti-town at this point, I think he's just REALLY desperately trying to get out of the RVS.
And again, re-iterating how the argument is just to get out of RVS and not valid.

My point has nothing to do with the validity of Mindgamer's argument, just that Disco has twice finished up his posts with something that discredits Mindgamer and has nothing to do with his actual point.
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:32 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

The first one was just more a statement along the lines of
'Hey, we're actually getting out of the RVS!'

The second one is just me saying:
1. I don't THINK mindgamer is anti town = vibes
2. I THINK he's just trying to get out of the RVS. I already said before that it's an anti-town move though.

I think you're digging for gold in a copper mine.
Xonar!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:35 am

Post by farside22 »

DiscoRoboto wrote:I didn't advise to stay in RVS.

It's obvious that you are getting scumtells just because you disregard the context. How do you get out of RVS if there's nothing to talk about?

Guess this is the way out right now though.
You said you liked the RVS stage. Plus I haven't seen you ask questions to anyone at this stage to try and get out of it.
Why would you say you do'nt think mindgamer is anti-town at all? No one suggested he was.
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:40 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

Sigh, way to miss the point D:

I like the RVS stage. Is that a scum-tell in your eyes? I like it as both town and scum, so no worries.
I don't really asks questions because I'm honestly not too familiar with the 'RQS' and I'm not creative enough to make up any flashy and cewl questions : ( Besides, there was nothing specific that I saw in other posts. Besides, I did ask questions, there's even one in the post you quoted from me, lol.

I say that I don't think so because someone asked me if pulling things out of context is anti-town. I merely answered the question, but clarified. I rather give complete answers then adding bits of my answer later.
Xonar!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:44 am

Post by farside22 »

Not everything is going to pop up and be easy for you.
I missed the question to you. I don't think it's scum tell to like RVS but I try to get out of it or the game stays stagnat and boring.
Right now I'm not getting scum vibes from your post and your not hiding from your answers which is a plus point in your favor to me.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:44 am

Post by McGriddle »

DiscoRoboto wrote:Sigh, way to miss the point D:

I like the RVS stage. Is that a scum-tell in your eyes? I like it as both town and scum, so no worries.
I don't really asks questions because I'm honestly not too familiar with the 'RQS' and I'm not creative enough to make up any flashy and cewl questions : ( Besides, there was nothing specific that I saw in other posts. Besides, I did ask questions, there's even one in the post you quoted from me, lol.

I say that I don't think so because someone asked me if pulling things out of context is anti-town. I merely answered the question, but clarified. I rather give complete answers then adding bits of my answer later.
I agree with you. The RVS is a good way to break ice so I don't mind it.

@Disco, if you were to be put at L-1 and you were actually a VT would you lie to keep yourself alive and claim doc/cop? Or would you be honest and tell everyone you are VT at the chance of you being lynched?
Wins/Losses - 99/15

DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:55 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

Well, that's an interesting question, while formulating my answer I actually realised something. Let me elaborate on some situations;

1. I claim cop/doc:
- I don't get lynched, but I get nightkilled. 'waste' of a night kill
- The real cop/doc counterclaims, this outs them in the hope of getting a scum lynch. Now we get a mislynch on me and a doc/cop gets night killed.

So this depends on what the doc/cop thinks.

2. I claim vanilla townie:
- I have a chance to get lynched, but at least the cop/doc don't possibly get outed.
- I DIE AND THE BEST PLAYER IN THE GAME IS LOST.

Actually, this question is not really relevant to the game, but I understand the mentality behind asking it.
Then again, I've never been lynched besides my first game as scum (which was also my second mafia game ever) so I'm not really sure what I'd do if I was in the situation.
Xonar!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:06 am

Post by farside22 »

psst: you should not lie about your role unless you are scum and wish to out the cop or doc it's bad for the town and far worse then losing a VT.
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:10 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

Well that I can agree on, I think you could've concluded that from my post.
Xonar!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:14 am

Post by farside22 »

DiscoRoboto wrote:Well that I can agree on, I think you could've concluded that from my post.
Do you know why mcgriddle asked you that question? It makes no sense to ask a question like that in this game.
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:18 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

I think to get discussion going depending on my answer, and possibly just to catch my way of thinking... possibly maybe.
Xonar!

Return to “Completed Open Games”