vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:31 am

Post by vikingfan »

Seacore wrote:Animo wants us to believe that he chose the only useless night 0 action, not to mention one of only two night 0 actions that cause insanity.

So there are two possibilties

1) He is cult
2) He stalked last night
3) He is a waste of space and the most useless town we have.

I am happy to lynch based on these three possibilities

The comparison is Dramonic, who I'll admit I haven't had great experiences with in other games, but that's pure meta bias, and nothing he's done in this game deserves a lynch.

I don't believe what he just said was a slip, he's simply saying that Sajin would catch him the moment he went bad.
I can't sum up my reaction any better than this.
vote Animo
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:34 am

Post by iLord »

vikingfan wrote:I can't sum up my reaction any better than this. vote Animo
I can't imagine why, considering that the post you quoted gives no mention of an actually valid explanation of how Ani could be Cultist.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:35 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

iLord wrote:
Ani wrote:@iLord:

Apparently the way I wanted it to sound didn't sound how I wanted it to.

Help town in an unconventional way -> do nothing special
Get rid of my vote -> A bit of my strategy which came in after I got a PM forom Percy telling me to gain an insanity
How does "do nothing special" link to "help town in an unconventional way" in your mind?

I don't know about Ani prepping for future insanities. If we is a Cultist, he wouldn't have acted without the influence of the other Cultists, and I doubt they'd have let him come out with such a poor excuse.
doing nothing special -> because I thought someone was going to stalk me -> I'd hear noise -> tell town I heard noise -> I thought that was going to be unconventional -> I was wrong.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:36 am

Post by Percy »

"Talk of those who were moving around in the night consumed us. Suspicious looks were cast around the table, and before long, I found myself calling for someone's blood."

Vote Count

animorpherv1 - 6 (elvis_knits, Seacore, startransmission, iLord, Iecerint, vikingfan)

dramonic - 5 (Sajin, Adel, Amished, Faraday, SlySly)
Amished - 1 (VP Baltar)
Adel - 1 (Wickedestjr)

Not Voting
- 12 (animorpherv1, Chaco, Col. Cathart, dramonic, Drench, DrippingGoofball, Ellibereth, evilsnail, Nicodemus, Phate, Sarag, semioldguy)

Deadline for today is 8:00am (site time) on Thursday the 11th of March. You can view a countdown to the deadline here.

With 25 alive, 13 votes are required to lynch.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:36 am

Post by semioldguy »

He could have gotten the insanity from Laundering as he says, which has to the worst possible night one play for either faction. Percy even advises against using this as an action for night zero in the Q&A section.

He could have gotten it from stalking, which means that he currently HAS to be town, since psychopathy cannot be taken as a first insanity. If this is the case he is likely being honest about his current insanity choice. He may be considering or planning to go murderer.

Or he could be fabricating this as to allow for an explanation of a future planned insanity gain as cult.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:38 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Iecerint wrote:I was going to vote EK for challenging Sly on what were quite reasonable reservations with dramwagon, but Ani is sort of crazy. I agree with EK. Either she is quite dumb, or she has an anti-town ulterior motive.
Quite dumb or anti-town? Are these the only options? :(
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:42 am

Post by Sajin »

I saw similar stuff from Ani in LotA mafia too. Sigh. Well there is one way to get use out of this:

Animorpherv, I have a proposition for you, because your insanity has already gone up and it will likely be hard to insanity count verify you:

You said you wanted to untraditionally help town? Town needs a dedicated Grave Robber.

This action is the only thing that reveals the lynched and slain's alignments. Its a free action (changed from SA 1), but it causes an insanity gain.

We will need to assign 1 person to robbing grave duties every day for the lynch (and perhaps more if we need to know more than just the lynched alignment). Sometimes insanity counts are good clues and point to a scum alignment, but more often then not a rob grave will be necessary.

Its not good to take volunteers for it, as its a very easy way to explain high insanity counts.

Its not good to let it go randomly...because either it will not get robbed, thus depriving us of information, or it will get claimed robbed by multiple people which is a great excuse for insanity gains. My aim is to take away the possibility for faking in this area.

Therefore I ask will you be up for grave robbing the lynch every day? Your probably will not be allowed to make it to end game while doing this (you would be quite indistinguishable from a murderer due to high insanity counts, and would probably have to be policy vigged or lynched before day 6), but its an action that would strongly help.

Your a good choice for it because unlike some lurkers who may fail to submit, I think you are on enough to make sure you rob every day.

Do you agree to this task, Ani?

And @all the policy voters- Do you agree this is a great way to handle this? I was planning on saving this for the first wagon to go higher but I think this is a perfect fit.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:43 am

Post by iLord »

ani wrote:doing nothing special -> because I thought someone was going to stalk me -> I'd hear noise -> tell town I heard noise -> I thought that was going to be unconventional -> I was wrong.
Don't you want to be stalked? How could you think that telling town you heard noise is: a) Unusual or b) Helpful, considering the many other explanations for noise?

Not to mention that your supposed thought process is unrealistically twisted.
semioldguy wrote:He could have gotten the insanity from Laundering as he says, which has to the worst possible night one play for either faction. Percy even advises against using this as an action for night zero in the Q&A section.
That's another good point. Ani claims to have read this and then forgotten, but he'll be hard pressed to launder when the mod explicitly advises against doing so. Completely inconsistent with the fact that he seemed to have remembered that he cannot submit no action.
semioldguy wrote:He could have gotten it from stalking, which means that he currently HAS to be town, since psychopathy cannot be taken as a first insanity. If this is the case he is likely being honest about his current insanity choice. He may be considering or planning to go murderer.

Or he could be fabricating this as to allow for an explanation of a future planned insanity gain as cult.
You list simply possibilities - which do you think is likely true?
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:45 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

I agree. And just to make sure, it's only lynches, or is it a lynch, then the kill of the same day?
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:46 am

Post by iLord »

Sajin wrote:I saw similar stuff from Ani in LotA mafia too. Sigh. Well there is one way to get use out of this:

Animorpherv, I have a proposition for you, because your insanity has already gone up and it will likely be hard to insanity count verify you:

You said you wanted to untraditionally help town? Town needs a dedicated Grave Robber.

This action is the only thing that reveals the lynched and slain's alignments. Its a free action (changed from SA 1), but it causes an insanity gain.

We will need to assign 1 person to robbing grave duties every day for the lynch (and perhaps more if we need to know more than just the lynched alignment). Sometimes insanity counts are good clues and point to a scum alignment, but more often then not a rob grave will be necessary.

Its not good to take volunteers for it, as its a very easy way to explain high insanity counts.

Its not good to let it go randomly...because either it will not get robbed, thus depriving us of information, or it will get claimed robbed by multiple people which is a great excuse for insanity gains. My aim is to take away the possibility for faking in this area.

Therefore I ask will you be up for grave robbing the lynch every day? Your probably will not be allowed to make it to end game while doing this (you would be quite indistinguishable from a murderer due to high insanity counts, and would probably have to be policy vigged or lynched before day 6), but its an action that would strongly help.

Your a good choice for it because unlike some lurkers who may fail to submit, I think you are on enough to make sure you rob every day.

Do you agree to this task, Ani?

And @all the policy voters- Do you agree this is a great way to handle this? I was planning on saving this for the first wagon to go higher but I think this is a perfect fit.
This man is credit to team.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:46 am

Post by Iecerint »

I am too dumb to think of any other ones. :P

Maybe she wants scum to think she's a Murderer so that she will be NK'd because she thinks she's not a very good player? I suppose that's a slightly-more-sophisticated interpretation of events. A comparatively remote one, though.

PS: I am thrilled that someone either loves me enough to Ward me, or wants to kill me. I love you, too. <3
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:47 am

Post by Seacore »

Sajin,

I'm not satisfied with you description that it's a policy vote

I think Ani is either
a) Murderer in the making
b) Scum preparting to hide an insanity
c) Useless town

If it was just c) then I'd say it's policy. But it's not, I'm just saying worst case scenario, it's not bad.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:47 am

Post by iLord »

Query: Can Rob Grave be used multiple times a night?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:49 am

Post by iLord »

@Seacore: How likely do you feel that the Cultists would've let scumAni come out like he did with such a poorly planned excuse?
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:49 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Don't you want to be stalked? How could you think that telling town you heard noise is: a) Unusual or b) Helpful, considering the many other explanations for noise?

Not to mention that your supposed thought process is unrealistically twisted.
You don't look at my posts in Mafia Discussion/General Discussion, I can tell. I'd consider myself the most out-there person on the site.

I thought it was unusual because I thought most everyone was going to search. I thought it was helpful for the same reason.

SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:49 am

Post by SlySly »

iLord wrote:@Slysly: Okay, so then what action could Ani possibly be covering up?
Stalk is the only thing that ani could be covering up. That means ani is one of the following.

1. Idiot (most likely)
2. Planning to become murderer and trying to cover it up with #1.
3. Warded someone and is lying about it.

If he is covering up a future insanity, that could be validated if someone has Occult Books and used them on Ani.
Seacore wrote: I don't believe what he just said was a slip, he's simply saying that Sajin would catch him the moment he went bad.
I can see that as a reasonable interpretation. My vote will likely move soon if one player in particular continues to avoid questions.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:49 am

Post by Seacore »

I think we pick somebody else to be the dedicated grave robber. I'm happy with that aspect of Sajin's post.

But I don't think it should be ani, I think ani should die.

On another note, what do people think about admitting who you warded?
Don't do so until we've reached a consensus, but I'm pro it, I think it identifies who heard a noise for other reasons, and thus who needs to be protected.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:50 am

Post by SlySly »

And where is DGB? She is never this quiet. Active lurking?
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:51 am

Post by Iecerint »

I want to play with the corpses. :(

I agree that having an insanity'd person do it is fine, though. For that matter, hearing Noise gives insanity, right? So maybe we're tied! :D

Cue obligatory "That was awfully convenient..." @ Ani/Sajin. O_O
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:52 am

Post by Percy »

iLord wrote:
Query: Can Rob Grave be used multiple times a night?
Multiple people can choose
Rob Grave
, just like any other action.

As
Rob Grave
is a
Free Action
, a player could rob two different graves, but they would gain two
Insanities

You only get the equipment from the
Dead
player if you are the only player to target them with
Rob Grave
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:54 am

Post by iLord »

Ani wrote:I thought it was unusual because I thought most everyone was going to search. I thought it was helpful for the same reason.
Had this been a normal game, no one would be able to shake my faith that you're a Jester at this point.

You thought most everyone was going to Search, huh? Yet you forgot that you yourself could search?

You still didn't answer why you don't want to be stalked.
SlySly wrote:If he is covering up a future insanity, that could be validated if someone has Occult Books and used them on Ani.
On Night 0?
Iecerint wrote:Cue obligatory "That was awfully convenient..." @ Ani/Sajin. O_O
:?
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:57 am

Post by semioldguy »

@iLord
Of the options I see, I'd put them in the following order of likeliness from most to least:

(1) Cult lying to explain a future insanity gain.
(2) Town that made a horrible Night Zero decision.
(3) Stalked night one in hopes of going Murderer.
(4) Cult that made a horrible Night Zero decision.

I find three unlikely, as potential murderers would not want to draw this sort of attention to themselves. Four is unlikely because I can't imagine that cult wouldn't discuss each of their night actions prior to doing them.

@animorpherv1
You mentioned it being part of an unconventional way to help town. If you were surprised at the insanity gain from laundering, in which way did you imagine your action helping the town when you selected it?
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:58 am

Post by Seacore »

I've seen Day 1 scum do stupid claims before.

Cults of Darkness and Shadow anybody? One scum came out and invented a role even though it was a semi-open set up with all roles detailed.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:59 am

Post by Chaco »

Okay, so, after reading through this, I really don't think it needs to be repeated:

But, Ani, what the hell? You picked a worthless action, an even
more
hindering insanity. And expect us to keep you around? I honestly, didn't think anyone would ever, excuse me for saying it, but be dumb enough to send in Launder on N0.

Dramonic, Sajin nailed you on a "slip". Response?

I saw Wicked was keeping a spread of noises, and wards. Good stuff there, helped out a lot in the original. Led to a flawless town victory. So, keep it up, and if you want anyone else to take it over. Just shout at me, I have a spread made for this game.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:59 am

Post by Chaco »

Seacore wrote:I've seen Day 1 scum do stupid claims before.

Cults of Darkness and Shadow anybody? One scum came out and invented a role even though it was a semi-open set up with all roles detailed.
Guys, I'm the Elder Cultist. you probably shouldn't lynch me. :D

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”