semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:35 am

Post by semioldguy »

I currently find him scummy. I also find him anti-town. At the time of my vote, I only saw him as anti-town.

When he responds I will provide a number/measurement of how much for both before and after.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:31 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Wdjat, 85 wrote:Any thoughts on the read she had? I mean, there's nothing else to talk about in regards to nessarae56.

If you could lynch one person right now, who would it be and why?
I really don't understand her read. If I could lynch one person, it would be . . . Lowell, because of the following quoted post.
Lowell, 87 wrote:unvote

sorry wasn't paying attention, didn't realize that was L-1. Just felt like a good bandwagon.
Admittedly, this could easily be a simple mistake . . . but it's better than nothing.

Unvote, Vote: Lowell

Sleepless Assassin, 90 wrote:If you're town, this shouldn't be a problem, or as you put it, "awkward".
Your judging the alignment of someone whom you already know to be town (from my point of view.) There's no other conclusion I could possibly come up with, which makes it feel awkward to judge for me.
semioldguy, 94 wrote:Unfortunately this is a false dichotomy. There are other things I can be doing with my post, such as scum hunting.

Why did you avoid part of my question? (The "why" part)

What makes you think you are an easy target?

There is no "fortunately" about your absence, unless you are scum and it leads to your lynch. Inactivity casts gloom on the game regardless of alignment. How does not being useful or posting much help the town? If you don't think it does than why aren't you making more effort to be useful?

Pick up the pace.
Good post.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:29 pm

Post by Lowell »

Yeah can't really make that unvote look good. I like bandwagons, but L-1 is dangerous, anything can happen.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:03 pm

Post by don_johnson »

wait, unvoting from L-1 is abad thing?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Wdjat
Wdjat
Goon
Wdjat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:53 pm

Post by Wdjat »

TDC wrote:
Wdjat wrote:
TDC wrote:Wdjat: I take it you're fine with where the SerRose wagon is going, then?
That's right. I mean, look at his posts.
They're useless, I get that.

I was asking because I don't remember you expressing particular suspicion on him before so asking Lowell to supply some because he set the L-1 vote seemed a bit off.
I didn't. The original vote on him was random. I haven't seen anyone more deserving of a day 1 lynch yet. I asked Lowell because I wanted to engage him in the thread. It guess it kinda worked? His response is not what I expected and boy is it scummy.
TDC wrote:Could everyone on the SerRose wagon (and Lowell) tell me where they see him on a 1-10 scale from "anti-town" to "scummy"?
His lurking is more anti-town than it is scummy. His second and fourth posts are pretty sketchy, though. That's a 50% hit rate, so I'll place him at a 5.
mecha shiva! mecha shiva!
Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:09 pm

Post by Meji Fan »

Lowell 1 - ConfidAnon
semioldguy 1 - don_johnson, SerRose
SerRose 3 - Dry-fit, Wdjat, semioldguy
ConfidAnon 1 - Sleepless Assassin
Dry-fit 1 - TDC

Not Voting 1 - Lowell

With 9 alive, 5 to lynch
There is no problem so big it cannot be solved by an even bigger explosion
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:16 pm

Post by Lowell »

don_johnson wrote:wait, unvoting from L-1 is abad thing?
Who knows. People are touchy. Serrose doesn't seem to be in any hurry to rush to his own defense, though, so whatever. I'll probably put that vote back.
SerRose
SerRose
Townie
SerRose
Townie
Townie

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by SerRose »

semioldguy wrote: Unfortunately this is a false dichotomy. There are other things I can be doing with my post, such as scum hunting.

Why did you avoid part of my question? (The "why" part)

What makes you think you are an easy target?
Yes its false dichotomy there. It was not a well thought out post but let me point out that I was referring to post 76.

Why am I an easy target? When you voted for me on the platform of inactivity, it is easy for others to join in as well without the need to give their own rationale. (see DryFit post 80)
This could lead to a quick first day lynch without the Mafias giving away to much information.
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:11 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

TDC wrote:Could everyone on the SerRose wagon (and Lowell) tell me where they see him on a 1-10 scale from "anti-town" to "scummy"?
Right now the only thing I find scummy about SerRose is his OMGUS vote. Actually I'm surprised no one else has brought it up.

@Semioldguy: What do you think of SerRose's vote?
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:23 pm

Post by semioldguy »

@Dry-fit
Poorly reasoned and a contributing factor to why I found his response to be scummy.

@SerRose
So if you think getting voted on the platform of inactivity could lead to disastrous results for town or make you an easy target, then why don't you do something about it?

You still have yet to really participate in the game. Mere responding to my questions and doing nothing more is not very helpful to the town. You should be able to contribute without having questions asked of you to do so.

List two of your suspects and why you suspect them please. What are some of the things in the game you agree with that others have been saying?

Additionally, if you are concerned about a first day lynch in which scum don't give much information away, then you need to start contributing more yourself. Because if you are scum, then any lynch today would be a lynch in which scum doesn't give much information away because you haven't done much of anything. The only way to ensure that scum is having to take stances and leaving opportunities for the town to gather reads and analyze posts is for everyone to participate. No one lurks.

@TDC
SerRose at the time of my vote:
Scummy rating of 2; Anti-town rating of 10

SerRose at the time of your request:
Scummy rating of 6; Anti-Town rating of 9

SerRose currently:
Scummy rating of 7; Anti-town rating of 9
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:24 am

Post by Lowell »

serrose's defense is basically "it's too early to lynch me!". Not sure how impressed I am by that.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:47 am

Post by TDC »

Just checking: You guys are all aware that his total post count and his post count in this game are identical, right?
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:38 am

Post by don_johnson »

didn't see that but i just noticed his "townsperson" tag. i don't really see any reason to lynch serrose at this point. probably more suited to be a night target for one of our power roles.

unvote, vote: sleepless in seattle

he seems to have the worst case so far.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by Lowell »

unvote, vote confid

Three reasons:
1) OMGUS
2) His passing mention of his predecessor's play is strange. It's like he wanted to cut off a potential liability (if there was one) before anyone could bring it up. His staged diplomacy in the process and in the post after is basically useless.
3) He's made an "anyone here?" post, but hasn't followed up with anything to get the game moving, other than a spiritless attack on someone (me), which he quickly caveats by saying it could be nothing. Kind of an... obvious thing to say. Like a cheap out to be used later on if needed.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

Lowell wrote:
unvote, vote confid

Three reasons:
1) OMGUS
2) His passing mention of his predecessor's play is strange. It's like he wanted to cut off a potential liability (if there was one) before anyone could bring it up. His staged diplomacy in the process and in the post after is basically useless.
3) He's made an "anyone here?" post, but hasn't followed up with anything to get the game moving, other than a spiritless attack on someone (me), which he quickly caveats by saying it could be nothing. Kind of an... obvious thing to say. Like a cheap out to be used later on if needed.
Haven't really done anything because all night Friday and most of the day today I've been at a concert/convention thingy.

I can see where point 2 comes from, can't really defend myself against it though . . . your basically saying I could be scum, or I could not be (even though I kind of just said the same thing above.) Not much information still at this point in the game . . . but the timing of this post bothers me. Where did this sudden epiphany come from? You have several unrelated posts above, so what caused you to build this case?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

Haha, forgot to include this above:
don_johnson wrote:wait, unvoting from L-1 is abad thing?
No . . . but jumping on and off a wagon in quick succession in that manner is. It's not a huge deal, but right now it's worthy of my vote. Possible Scenario: Scum jumps on wagon looking for easy lynch, someone points out L-1, they jump back off.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:57 pm

Post by don_johnson »

CA to lowell wrote:Where did this sudden epiphany come from? You have several unrelated posts above, so what caused you to build this case?
maybe it was a knee jerk reaction to my brilliant case on his scumpartner.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

So, do we have any Lost fans in this game?

I just got caught up on what's been aired of the final season today, it's interesting. Please no spoilers about unaired episodes.
Wdjat
Wdjat
Goon
Wdjat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:42 am

Post by Wdjat »

TDC wrote:Just checking: You guys are all aware that his total post count and his post count in this game are identical, right?
Bleh, you'd think I would notice this after SerRose had no knowledge of how voting worked. I don't want to lynch him today.

unvote

Looking at the other folks in the game, I'm not too keen on the way Sleepless Assassin was leaning on ConfidAnon to speculate on nessarae56's alignment. Claiming this speculation wouldn't be awkward is pretty disingenuous. It wouldn't be hard to turn anything ConfidAnon said on the subject into a reason to vote for him. By this logic, Lowell's reason's for voting ConfidAnon aren't great either, but Lowell's been kinda all over the place. Sleepless Assassin's focus on a single bad piece of logic is scummier to me.

vote: Sleepless Assassin
mecha shiva! mecha shiva!
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:45 am

Post by semioldguy »

@TDC
Yes. Still like my vote, clearly.
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:48 am

Post by Dry-fit »

TDC wrote:Just checking: You guys are all aware that his total post count and his post count in this game are identical, right?
Yes, but he doesn't seem to be a complete newbie.
don_johnson wrote:i don't really see any reason to lynch serrose at this point. probably more suited to be a night target for one of our power roles.
Any perticular reason you're directing power roles, DJ?
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:30 am

Post by TDC »

Dry-fit wrote:Yes, but he doesn't seem to be a complete newbie.
We must have different definitions of "complete newbie"?

--

I suppose it is entirely possibly to read a post that reeks of newbness, then not have a look at their title to find out they're actually new and then immediately jump off the wagon when I point it out. Smells like opportunism though.

--

Lowell: Is CA just more suspected by you than Ser or have you moved him back into the newb category like dj and wdjat?
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:34 am

Post by TDC »

Wait, dj wasn't actually voting him.. wonder why me pointing out that ser is a newb made him unvote semi then.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Wdjat is currently the next best lynch after SerRose in my opinion.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by semioldguy »

DoubleVote: SerRose

Bring. It. On.

Return to “Completed Open Games”