The Inquisition
The Inquisition
Goon
The Inquisition
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by The Inquisition »

Why did you ask so many filler game theory questions?
I don’t think I asked “filled” questions. They were questions designed to try and get some open ended responses.
Anyway, I find this a ridiculous question from a guy who asked, “are you town?”
Since you don't have a chance to claim unless you are asked, this question is meant to give you the option to claim. Not a question, consider rephrasing in the future. I'll let it pass this once
If I’m close to being lynched again this time, I’ll claim. But I think it behooves no one to do that now. I shouldn’t be outright lynched this time though, or there are some very scummy people slamming the hammer on me. If I’m the prohibitive favorite to get lynched again, I’ll just ask everyone the same question along the lines of “do you believe the inquisition’s claim; do you plan on voting him still, and if not who should be the lynch?” Just make sure I answer questions FIRST and not after that or else it’s all for nothing.
You picked up six votes in that first go around. What is your reaction to this large bandwagon?
I think it’s a pretty typical early game bandwagon, actually. It’s just highlighted because there are so few opportunities to vote in this game and so little ability to actually discuss. I think the 5th and 6th votes were pretty scummy though nothing incredible.
What is your opinion on the bandwagon on you? Do you think any scum were on it and how many?
I think I’ve answered this. I think it’s weak, but that doesn’t mean I think it’s automatically a “Bad” wagon. It’s just an early game one, and if people stick with it despite it just being that, we’re in for some trouble.
Elaborate more on what you think specific rolefishing is, and how rolefishing of any kind can be helpful to the town?
Example: I’m tracker. I have a result on you visiting someone but probably not the person who died. I try and get info from you about your role. This allows me a greater ability to determine whether to pursue you for a lynch or not. For example, if you give indication you’re a role that doesn’t visit people, then I’ve got more reason to out you.
What pro-town motivation could you have for the question you asked me in Qs1?
What kind of scum-motivation could I have? Because the idea that I somehow asked a bunch of questions with a grand scheme of getting someone to give me their role by pick-up line or fruit is laughable.
Regardless, the game is uninformed majority vs. informed minority. While just outing roles is generally negative for a town (after all, only scum knows whether those claims are true or not), information acquisition IS a pro-town thing to do.
Why did you vote for ellibereth?
He purposefully avoids giving away any information at all. He refuses, in essence, to play the game. His abstaining vote to me isn’t so problematic as his complete disregard for the question phase. His no vote can be explained a role thing. His refusal to work with the town is absurd.
What do you think of Cobalt’s play so far?
Every time I play with Cobalt he comes across as troll. Whether that’s scum troll or town troll is difficult for me to say. I lean scum at this point.
There have been several votes against you on the last voting stage. What do you think prompted those votes, and who do you think would have been a better lynch candidate?
I think the idea I’m rolefishing motivated the first votes as, like in RVS, the slightest reason suffices. I think the later votes were either by lazy folks or folks who were interested in hiding out on an already large wagon with momentum.
During the first Question, Answer and Voting stage,whose actions did you find scummy and why?
Ellibereth remains scummy but probably not day 1 lynch scummy because of the weird-ass half-claim. I’m not buying it’s town in any way, but his lynch gives us little.
Dragon would be my preferred lynch. His was simply too convenient jump on my wagon (no, it’s not OMGUS). His answers have been half-baked, but his questions especially so. I’d urge everyone to take a close read of DragonofSummer.
You will confess.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:47 pm

Post by Max »

I appear to have forgotten to send Oman his role PM. Anyway, I'm going to start searching for a replacement for Sanhora unless (s)he shows up in the next stage.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:01 am

Post by Max »

Well, I've decided I've held the game up long enough as any longer and people will stop paying attention.

Voting Stage
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:06 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Vote: The Inquisition
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:16 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Vote: CryMeARiver
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:33 am

Post by Netopalis »

Vote: DragonsofSummer
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:50 am

Post by farside22 »

Vote: The Inquisition
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:56 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Vote: TheInquisition
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:58 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Vote: Cry
FLASH OF GREEN
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:02 am

Post by Cobalt »

Vote: TheInquisition
hatersgonnahate.gif
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Vote: DragonsOfSummer
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

vote TheInquisition
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:29 pm

Post by Oman »

Vote: Ellibereth

HI GUYS!

And hi Elli <3
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Sanhora
Sanhora
Goon
Sanhora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:15 am

Post by Sanhora »

Vote TheInquisition

Mod, may we also FoS during this stage or not?
"I'm on the side of money."
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:31 am

Post by Max »

No... you may not.
The Inquisition
The Inquisition
Goon
The Inquisition
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:00 am

vote: Dragon
You will confess.
The Inquisition
The Inquisition
Goon
The Inquisition
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:01 am

Oman replacing bv310 – Given that my claim is vengeful townie (see below for explanation) and I will 100% use my power and thus die today forcing a different lynch today (so someone needs to ask me what my list is), what do you think my complete list of targets should be?

*As the vengeful townie, I can submit at any time a list of all players in our game in order. These people will be killed in order of what I have submitted until I reach a “wrong” person. It is wrong if I have put a third party before scum, put a power role before scum or third party, or put a townie before scum, third party or power role. Once I get something wrong, I die. Keep in mind that this means if I die after submitting my list that the first person on my list is cleared of being scum, though they could be a third party person.

Cobalt - Given that my claim is vengeful townie (see below for explanation) and I will 100% use my power and thus die today forcing a different lynch today, what do you think my complete list of targets should be?

*As the vengeful townie, I can submit at any time a list of all players in our game in order. These people will be killed in order of what I have submitted until I reach a “wrong” person. It is wrong if I have put a third party before scum, put a power role before scum or third party, or put a townie before scum, third party or power role. Once I get something wrong, I die. Keep in mind that this means if I die after submitting my list that the first person on my list is cleared of being scum, though they could be a third party person.

CryMeARiver - Given that my claim is vengeful townie (see below for explanation) and I will 100% use my power and thus die today forcing a different lynch today, what do you think my complete list of targets should be?

Debonair Danny DiPietro - Given that my claim is vengeful townie (see below for explanation) and I will 100% use my power and thus die today forcing a different lynch today, what do you think my complete list of targets should be?

Doombunny9 - Given that my claim is vengeful townie (see below for explanation) and I will 100% use my power and thus die today forcing a different lynch today, what do you think my complete list of targets should be?

DragonsofSummer - Given that my claim is vengeful townie (see below for explanation) and I will 100% use my power and thus die today forcing a different lynch today, what do you think my complete list of targets should be?

Ellibereth - Given that my claim is vengeful townie (see below for explanation) and I will 100% use my power and thus die today forcing a different lynch today, what do you think my complete list of targets should be?

farside22 - Given that my claim is vengeful townie (see below for explanation) and I will 100% use my power and thus die today forcing a different lynch today, what do you think my complete list of targets should be?

Kirbyoshi - Given that my claim is vengeful townie (see below for explanation) and I will 100% use my power and thus die today forcing a different lynch today, what do you think my complete list of targets should be?

Netopalis - Given that my claim is vengeful townie (see below for explanation) and I will 100% use my power and thus die today forcing a different lynch today, what do you think my complete list of targets should be?

Sanhora - Given that my claim is vengeful townie (see below for explanation) and I will 100% use my power and thus die today forcing a different lynch today, what do you think my complete list of targets should be?

You will confess.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Mod: Are we allowed to answer these questions now? Should we be asking questions? What's proper procedure?
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
The Inquisition
The Inquisition
Goon
The Inquisition
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:40 pm

i'm pretty sure you have to wait to answer the questions after all questions have been asked. that's not to say YOUR questions can't somehow borrow and keep in mind my own questions...
You will confess.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:47 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Is the VS over? Are you allowed to post your questions now? If so, that's a deep claim from you TI, wondering why you didn't do it after being placed at L1, you could've hurt town, but luckily you weren't hammered this round...please answer Mod.
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
The Inquisition
The Inquisition
Goon
The Inquisition
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:12 pm

count the votes, cry. 12 people, 12 votes. and try not to make substantive comments out of turn, please.
You will confess.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:18 am

@CryMeARiver: Who do you have town reads on?
@Ellibereth: If you could say one thing to convince everyone else to lynch CryMeARiver, what would you say?
@Everyone Else: Why aren't you helping me lynch CryMeARiver?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:18 am

V/LA through Sunday
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:43 am

Post by farside22 »

DDD: Why did you change from voting bv310 to saying CMAR is scum in the span on one voting phase?
Neto: why did you think the inquistion had good questions during the first question phase?
Oman: What are your current view of the players in the game?
colbalt: you said you voted for doombunny for how he answered your question. I just provided how bv answer was almost identicle. Why did you pick doombunny as your first vote over bv?
CMAR: Don't you think it's a bit hypocritcal calling out someone as role fishing when you, yourself asked a few questions that were role fishing as well?
Doombunny: Why did you switch your vote from TI to DOS?
DOS: If inquistion is scummy as hell for rolefishing questions why is CMAR considered town?
Sanhora: Can you please give a brief review of what you think of all the players in the game?
TI: In what game could you ever see rolefishing to get breadcrumb from town as a pro-town action?
Eli: Will there every be a question you will give more then a 1 line answer to?
Kirby: Why did you ask the inquistion only about Colbat in your question to him?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:37 am

Post by Max »

It's Question Stage
- So you can ask questions

VC:

The Inquisition - 6 (Kirbyoshi, farside22, CryMeARiver, Cobalt, DragonsofSummer, Sanhora)
DragonsofSummer - 3 (Netopalis, Doombunny9, The Inquisition)
CryMeARiver - 2 (Danny Debonair DiPetro, Ellibereth)
Ellibereth - 1 (Oman)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”