The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:48 am

Post by The Quintastic One »

And yes, I fully understand the possibility that the cop doesn't HAVE to be sane. We're not in Road To Rome anymore, anything and everything can happen. But I still don't see how I could be blatantly telling a cop to investigate me means that I am scum. It's not logical, and it's stretching so far to try and find a fallacy in my argument that it screams scumtell to me.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:00 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

The Quintastic One

Let's not discuss sanities and try to get people to speculate on roles quite yet eh?
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:00 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Sounds like you guys are more trying to undermine the effectiveness of a cop by saying that even if he gets an innocent reading it's just the Godfather so we shouldn't listen to the cop.
Nobody ever said this (or even implied it).
And yet the ONLY true rebuttal to this case is that I could be the Godfather?
Simple example:

14 players (makes calculations easier), 2 Mafia, 1 Cop, rest vanilla town. You are one of those vanilla town. You are given the opportunity to have the cop 100% not investigate you.

If you accept this opportunity: 14 - cop himself(1) - you(1) = 12 people left to investigate, 2 out of 10 can flip scum (assuming no godfather/miller/etc.), which is 20%.

If you don't accept this opportunity: 14 - cop himself(1) = 13 people left to investigate. 2 out of 11 can flip scum (assuming blahblah), which is about 18%.

Ideally you'll want the cop to investigate scum

If you want to be investigated, the chance of the cop investigating scum is 0.

--

Do I think this is scummy? Nah. Horribly newb, stupid and anti-town? Yes.

If you still don't get it now, plz replace out and go play something less complicated (may I suggest Cindy's Magical Dollhouse?).
Your own blood will clean the blood for now
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:35 am

I don't appreciate you calling me stupid, and insinuating that I am not capable of playing this game and should replace out. It's obviously not scummy in my eyes, but it's definitely uncouth, unecessary and degrading.

So I'm going to ask you nicely one time not to insult me, and just play the game as normal. If you can't deal with the fact that I volunteered for a cop investigation, that's your beef and I advise you to take the game a little less seriously.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:40 am

Post by Jack »

My guess for the role setup:

1 godfather
2 goon

1 cop
1 doctor
1 roleblocker

Oh well, probably not. But I wouldn't be overly afraid of speculation-->the point I'm making.

unvote:Jack, vote:Sir Cyanide

For joke posting when there was some actual discussion, and then making a few big posts rehashing old material later once there was nothing new going on.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:42 am

Post by Jack »

TQO, why don't you put your vote on Sir Cyanide?
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:44 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

I don't appreciate you calling me stupid, and insinuating that I am not capable of playing this game and should replace out.
I do not care about your feelings. If I hurt them, please get some testosterone injections and watch all Rocky movies in a row. Then come back and see if you feel different, sissy.
If you can't deal with the fact that I volunteered for a cop investigation, that's your beef and I advise you to take the game a little less seriously.
I can't deal with it? This is a game of Mafia, people will get questioned for what they say. It has nothing to do with being unable to deal with something, or whatever the fuck you meant. I am against policy lynching and fairly sure you're just newb (scum tend to overcompensate by playing extremely safe and would not make such blatant mistakes), but if you're going to initiate tunnelvision-wars with me or any other players, which I can easily see happening, I will vote for you out of policy.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:47 am

I haven't even come close to putting a vote on you. But you are beginning to blatantly break the rules of the game by being disrespectful to me, your fellow player.

So I will ask you again, lay off and play the game. If you continue to insult me and show a lack of respect for this game I will PM the mod and have you warned for your actions.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:47 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Jack wrote:and then making a few big posts rehashing old material later once there was nothing new going on.
There was 1 post between my post and the post I was addressing. Please upgrade your glasses or your cerebral cortex.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:51 am

To Jack: I haven't put a vote on SC because I don't believe his actions are being scummy at this point. Disrespectful? Rude? Inconsiderate? Childish? Yes to all of those. But I don't vote out of breaking the rules. But if he insists on being zero help to the town and rather attacking me on a consistent basis rather than doing some actual scum hunting then yes, he will warrant my vote.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:52 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

So I will ask you again, lay off and play the game. If you continue to insult me and show a lack of respect for this game I will PM the mod and have you warned for your actions.
Cry more please.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:52 am

Post by Jack »

SIR CYANIDE wrote:
Jack wrote:and then making a few big posts rehashing old material later once there was nothing new going on.
There was 1 post between my post and the post I was addressing. Please upgrade your glasses or your cerebral cortex.
This has nothing to do with my comment.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:54 am

Post by Jack »

The Quintastic One wrote:To Jack: I haven't put a vote on SC because I don't believe his actions are being scummy at this point. Disrespectful? Rude? Inconsiderate? Childish? Yes to all of those. But I don't vote out of breaking the rules. But if he insists on being zero help to the town and rather attacking me on a consistent basis rather than doing some actual scum hunting then yes, he will warrant my vote.
It's early on, nothing wrong with throwing your vote out there. What is it now, a random vote?
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:55 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

Jack wrote:My guess for the role setup:

1 godfather
2 goon

1 cop
1 doctor
1 roleblocker
Whut? It's closed setup....
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:56 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Jack wrote:
SIR CYANIDE wrote:
This has nothing to do with my comment.
Yes it does. You say I did [x], I point out I didn't do [x].
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:01 am

Post by Jack »

SIR CYANIDE wrote:
Yes it does. You say I did [x], I point out I didn't do [x].
I said you did [x] and you pointed out that you didn't do [y]. I was mentioning the transition from "vote the broken forum software" type posts to the "this has already been said but I'll say it again at length" posts. Both are posting without participating, which is a mafia tell similar to lurking (not posting and not participating).

How many posts were between your post and the one you replied to is irrelevant.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:04 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Cool, another game with extra-chromosome people.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:08 am

Rofl, you're right Jack. My vote right now IS on just an RVS vote. And well, since Sir Cyanide refuses to play the game, he's obviously no help to the town anyway.

So
Vote: Sir Cyanide

Luckily "cry more please" only tells me you're probably someone who had a bad childhood and thus goes on the internet to try and troll and bully his way to make himself feel bigger. So I've got to ask, why are you even playing this game? You obviously have no vested interest in scum hunting, you're more content with trying to get a rise out of me to make your life seem less crappy, and now you're just going back and forth discussing pointless banter about your equally pointless posts.

You're no service to the town, so you're either a childish lurker or you're scum trying to purposefully distract from the game with meaningless insults. So my vote on you is fully justified.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:18 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

And well, since Sir Cyanide refuses to play the game,
I pointed out the flaws in your theory about cop investigation. You didn't get it and made a very silly remark. I replied with banter and it hurt your feelings. Boo-fucking-hoo.
Luckily "cry more please" only tells me you're probably someone who had a bad childhood and thus goes on the internet to try and troll and bully his way to make himself feel bigger.
Thank you for this in-depth pseudo-freudian psychoanalysis. Perhaps we can discuss my life after this game, I would be very interested in what you have to say, lol.
So I've got to ask, why are you even playing this game?
Because I enjoy it.
You obviously have no vested interest in scum hunting,
Nonsense.
You're no service to the town,
Really? I just pointed out something beneficial for the town (debunking your theory about how you getting investigated is good if you're town).

Also, me a lurker? Rofl.

I will laugh when the sane people start posting.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:54 am

You've hardly debunked my theory.

According to you, the innocent townies should remain under the finger of suspicion at all times and should never be proven to be innocent because our time is better spent doing a wild goose chase on day 1 and deciding who's scum and who's not, which almost 100% of the time always ends up in a town lynch anyway.

But luckily we don't have to worry about that this game. As we've found our scum. It's just a matter of time before the "sane" people come into the game and realize it too. Then we can be rid of not only scum on day 1, but also a sad, annoying, depressing little man with nothing better to do than try to bully people out of a game of Mafia because he can't stand the fact that he's been outed as scum.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:04 am

Post by Zang »

Ok, you guys are all crazy.

Jack-I doubt you are the cop, and claiming that you are, so early in the game is scummy

quintastic one-Although cops investigating townies to prove the inocent can be helpful, investigating mafia is better.

Jack (again)-I do not see why you think that is the setup for this game.

Quintastic one (again)- I don't see why are voting fo sir cyanide, you don't have any real reasons, the only reason you vote for someone is if you think they are scum, not if they do/don't want to play the game.

Sir cyanide-although I disagree with quintastic for voting for you, I do
agree with him that you have no interest in scum hunting. And just saying "nonsence" isn't disproving us it is just arguing.

I will
FoS: quintastic one and sir cyanide

and
HoS: Jack
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:20 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

But luckily we don't have to worry about that this game. As we've found our scum. It's just a matter of time before the "sane" people come into the game and realize it too. Then we can be rid of not only scum on day 1, but also a sad, annoying, depressing little man with nothing better to do than try to bully people out of a game of Mafia because he can't stand the fact that he's been outed as scum.
Rofl.

I will be eagerly waiting for your reasoning to get raped. If it doesn't I'll replace out myself, I have no interest in playing with downies.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:31 am

Post by cruelty »

I am not going to post any content right now. I'm going to be V/LA for a week so if the mod wants to replace my slot, then that player can come in fresh. Please don't take this as any sort of gameplay, I do have things I'd like to say, and I will if I'm not replaced when I get back, this is purely out of consideration for my possible replacement.

Mod: I will be V/LA (basically no internet access) for about a week starting in about 4 hours. I'll be back long before deadline so I don't think you need to replace me, but I got no drama if you do.

(Apologies, I was the victim of a surprise summer holiday assault, wasn't aware this was happening)
the nexus of the crisis
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:36 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Kind of skimmed the thread, don't have much time right now to read.

However, I like my vote on Jack all the more.

His method of getting conversation started allows him to call someone scummy for A. saying they would be investigated (saying its a waste), B. Saying they won't be investigated (something to hide), or C. Not saying anything (ignoring the question.)

It seems like a trap with no nonsuspicious action. The only people who would have reason to make someone else seem suspicious is mafia.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:59 am

Post by Jack »

Zang wrote: Jack-I doubt you are the cop, and claiming that you are, so early in the game is scummy

Jack (again)-I do not see why you think that is the setup for this game.
I think you misread.
ConfidAnon wrote:His method of getting conversation started allows him to call someone scummy for A. saying they would be investigated (saying its a waste), B. Saying they won't be investigated (something to hide), or C. Not saying anything (ignoring the question.)

It seems like a trap with no nonsuspicious action. The only people who would have reason to make someone else seem suspicious is mafia.
I haven't voted anyone for any of those things, and never claimed that A,B, or C was suspicious (in fact I implied that A and C were not necessarily suspicious). So how is it a trap?

You could say my vote for SIR ASPERGERS was related to C, but the vote was on account of the following switch up.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”