Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:43 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

man, the situation hasn't changed for Mr.notmymama... but I may I ask for a vote count? if mama is at L-1 then I'd like to know. I don't want the day to be only 4 pages, you know?
If you're unsure if I'm at L-1 or not and worried I'll be hammered, then why didn't you unvote to be safe, or just count out the votes yourself?
So now I've just spent the last five minutes typing up something that has no real relevance to this game and will just take up space. That's why I don't want people to talk about the random voting phase.
Then let's forget about this and go to a game-relevant question: What's your opinion of 5cvm?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:27 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Nachomamma8 wrote: Then let's forget about this and go to a game-relevant question: What's your opinion of 5cvm?
Didn't you see my vote?
5cvm = scum

Gambits are scummy.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:14 pm

Post by Budja »

Votecount3 - Nachomamma8: ( MrSuave, PHANTOM, raider8169)
3 - raider8169: (Ectomancer, xvart, Nachomamma8)
2 - 5cvm: (HackerHuck, kikuchiyo)
1 - Ectomancer: (Gerhard Krause)

Not Voting: Green Crayons, Unity, 5cvm

With
alive it will take
to lynch.

Deadline:
9th January

If you don't say vote, its not a vote
Last edited by Budja on Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:46 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
I happen to like Kiku.
And you don't like anyone else? Why can't we
ALL
be friends?
You gutshot me :evil:
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:59 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

MrSuave wrote:
vote: nachomamma8
because in regular hyrule, I don't eat octorocks!
Random?
MrSuave wrote:well, I wasn't really counting the votes to be honest. I just didn't think your pic made sense =p. but at this point in time, I still don't think it was bad, more of just random. and L-3 isn't dangerous at this point in the game IMO because, the odds of all the scum/anit-town rolls(assuming there are 3 all together) voting you in quick succession are very low. especially since that would generate a lot of suspicion. that's why, if I WAS counting the votes, I still would have made you my RV. if by chance you had gone to L-2/1 I would have gotten off, and stated that there was something up.

a little off topic, but since when could you eat octorocks? O_o
Doing the "pro-town" job of sitting on a good wagon with the old "I would hop off if it got too hot" opt out option
MrSuave wrote:man, the situation hasn't changed for Mr.notmymama... but I may I ask for a vote count? if mama is at L-1 then I'd like to know. I don't want the day to be only 4 pages, you know?
But doesn't...and gosh gee don't we want a short day? Can I appeal to (mod) authority so I look like I have no idea of exactly what my actions mean?

unvote, vote MrSuave
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:36 am

Post by xvart »

Nachomamma8 wrote:And I also think that kiikuchiyo's comment + xvart's reaction to it was a bit immature; after all, this is still a game, and you don't have to call people assholes in order to play it properly.
I also apologize for my comment. I never said I endorsed any implication in it and I read it as a joke. I really thought it was a funny thing to say regarding asking a series of questions during the "alleged" RVS "phase." Of course, since I've played a game with kikuchiyo before I might have a little more experience discerning that. But I agree, let's all be friends... at least until someone turns up scum.
5cvm wrote:Sometimes I think people on this website get so caught up in being belligerent and accusatory that what they're actually talking about goes right out the window. In my first game here, I got really caught up in a entirely useless and unneccesary argument with one of those people, so needless to say I decided I'd never let
that
happen again.
So you have since decided that being totally unhelpful is the better strategy?
5cvm wrote:Ok, while I admit that my "gambit" (which hardly deserves the title) was anything but inpenetrable, several people accepted it, and in the process of making it I made a second post with much more convincing wording.
Who accepted your soft "role claim" and what did they accept about it?
Unity wrote:
xvart wrote:No. He's implying that he is scum and the role information is his scum buddies.

xvart.
ok. I understand what you're saying but not why he would do such a thing. Is that a common role element in these alternate games? You seem very familiar with it.
I'm not familiar with what you are suggesting. I'm somewhat familiar with 5cvm.

So, since 5cvm "claimed" to have a power role that suggested Nochamama was scum and now thinks Nochamamma is definitely town he is lying either about his "power role" or he is lying about information in his "power role." Either way, he is lying; plus, why would someone claim to have a power role in his first post? Maybe because he isn't worried about being NK'ed?

Unvote: raider8169
Vote: 5cvm

xvart.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:53 am

Post by raider8169 »

Unvote

I am currently away for the weekend though I am still skiming posts when I have some time. When I get some time I will post something better.
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:50 am

Post by Gerhard Krause »

This is interesting.

The biggest scum tell I see here is Mr. Suave not knowing if it was L-1, and staying on the wagon anyway even though he explicitly stated he didn't want the lynch to go through any time soon.

unvote, vote:MrSuave
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:42 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Still waiting for Mr. Suave to explain himself before I change votes...
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:08 pm

Post by MrSuave »

the whole L-1 thing was brought to my attection because someone had mentioned it before hand. I didn't count the votes myself, because I was too lazy. why didn't I unvote to be safe? I was pretty sure that the other person was right about it not being L-1, but I was just wanting to be sure; and everyone was pretty much voting, so was betting that no one(more like no ones, because if you were not at L-1 then one person could not hammer) would just randomly hammer someone. that's all.
PHANTOM
PHANTOM
Goon
PHANTOM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:43 pm

Post by PHANTOM »

HackerHuck wrote:Didn't you see my vote?
5cvm = scum

Gambits are scummy.
HackerHuck wrote:Unvote
[b/]
Vote: 5vcm
I'm tiring of this quite rapidly.
You never really mentioned you were voting for 5vcm because of gambits.

5cvm wrote:I have role information heavily indicating that Nachomamma8 is a member of the mafia.
5cvm wrote:To clarify, though, Nachomamma was never mentioned in my role PM. Nachomamma has recently joined my heavy town reads.

TOWN:
Nachomamma
Raid8169

LIAR! Why are you trying to create a bandwagon when you have no idea who is town and who is scum? And, why did you pick Nachomamma (just a random person?), and what evidence from Nachomamma do you have that shows that he is now a heavy town read?

Unvote, Vote: 5cvm
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:03 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Posting will be limited for a bit.

kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:18 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

Gerhard Krause wrote:This is interesting.

The biggest scum tell I see here is Mr. Suave not knowing if it was L-1, and staying on the wagon anyway even though he explicitly stated he didn't want the lynch to go through any time soon.
Essentially, 5cvm did the same thing.
"Yes, Kiku fucked me thoroughly and left me on the side of the road to be lynched." - Snow White
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:26 am

Post by Green Crayons »

·
kikuchiyo's self-superiority of her Nacho vote is distracting. Her questions were ill-suited for the thread since an already established conversational flow was progressing. Answering or not answering her questions does not somehow establish the "townness" of a player, as answering random, inconsequential questions does not denote who will and will not be "cooperative" - you know, in the important sense: that is, in being active and catching scum as opposed to answering questions that don't actually promote constructive activity. Furthermore, there was a bevy of players (including herself) who had not answered her question, and her insistence on voting for Nacho after 5cvm professed his role information seems to tip-toe beyond a coincidental line.

·
I would actually like raider to explain his post 78 instead of people just calling him out for a false dichotomy. Yes, it is a false dichotomy. In the meanwhile, we've seen his logic and I would like his response as to if he still thinks this logic is sound. I think the assumptions made in 78 aren't inherently scum-originated, even if I do think that they are flawed.

·
Nacho, why did you respond the way you did in post 64? I can understand a knee-jerk sarcastic response to such an accusation, but what I don't understand is why this was the totality of your vocalized explanation as to 5cvm's claim. It's... far from helpful, to put it lightly.

·
I like Ecto's post 104. Suave's 109 doesn't do much to impress me.

·
I like Phantom's 110. Would like to see Huck's response.

·
Would love to have 5cvm response to 105 and 110. I'm also curious as to what extensive professed insight as to players' alignment 5cvm has apparently gleaned. Something other than names would be nice (hint: explanations!).
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Green Crayons wrote:
·
I would actually like raider to explain his post 78 instead of people just calling him out for a false dichotomy. Yes, it is a false dichotomy. In the meanwhile, we've seen his logic and I would like his response as to if he still thinks this logic is sound. I think the assumptions made in 78 aren't inherently scum-originated, even if I do think that they are flawed.
I do not see how it is flawed unless 5cvm is just being an ass to everyone in this game.
If
he does have that information and if he was a townie it would be the right thing to do and push for a lynched based on what he knows. If he is lying then scum would be the only type to do that so either way we found scum and I do not see how that is a bad thing.

It is possible I do not see how it is flawed outside of knowing 5cvm playstyle. Can someone explain that one to me?
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:35 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Green Crayons wrote:
·
I like Phantom's 110. Would like to see Huck's response.
I didn't think it needed a response :?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:37 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Huck: It doesn't look like you originally voted for 5cvm because he was doing some sort of gambit, but now that's the original reason you are ascribing to your vote. Is that true/false? If false, why did you think it was a gambit at that point in time?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:54 am

Post by HackerHuck »

The question asked was what I thought of 5cvm, not why did I vote for him originally.

At the time of my vote, I felt that he was just screwing around and not at all serious. I was getting tired of the game playing. When he admitted to the gambit, that just affirmed what I was thinking.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:40 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

· Nacho, why did you respond the way you did in post 64? I can understand a knee-jerk sarcastic response to such an accusation, but what I don't understand is why this was the totality of your vocalized explanation as to 5cvm's claim. It's... far from helpful, to put it lightly.
It was 12:30 AM for me, and I didn't really feel like responding semi-seriously to that comment.
I do not see how it is flawed unless 5cvm is just being an ass to everyone in this game. If he does have that information and if he was a townie it would be the right thing to do and push for a lynched based on what he knows. If he is lying then scum would be the only type to do that so either way we found scum and I do not see how that is a bad thing.

It is possible I do not see how it is flawed outside of knowing 5cvm playstyle. Can someone explain that one to me?
When someone claims the knowledge that someone else is scum, common sense needs to come into play. What's the chances that the mod gave a town member information on who is scum and no restrictions whatsoever as to stating that person is scum, and what's the chance that scum would seriously pull a stunt like that? And honestly, if scum is stupid enough to do the latter in the first place, then I'm confident in the town's ability to catch them.

HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:42 am

Post by HackerHuck »

Nachomamma8 wrote: When someone claims the knowledge that someone else is scum, common sense needs to come into play. What's the chances that the mod gave a town member information on who is scum and no restrictions whatsoever as to stating that person is scum, and what's the chance that scum would seriously pull a stunt like that? And honestly, if scum is stupid enough to do the latter in the first place, then I'm confident in the town's ability to catch them.
This is close to what I was thinking. 5cvm's information claim did not at all seem genuine, so I didn't even take it at face value when I voted. It became scummier to me when he confirmed that he was really trying to imply that he had inside knowledge of Nacho's alignment, but was doing it as a gambit.

I'm really surprised that no one else is bothered by it.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:41 am

Post by xvart »

HackerHuck wrote:This is close to what I was thinking. 5cvm's information claim did not at all seem genuine, so I didn't even take it at face value when I voted. It became scummier to me when he confirmed that he was really trying to imply that he had inside knowledge of Nacho's alignment, but was doing it as a gambit.

I'm really surprised that no one else is bothered by it.
I'm bothered by it, too. As I noted, I'm especially bothered by the fact that he said he had inside knowledge saying Nachomama was scum and now Nachomama is a solid town read.
Green Crayons wrote:
·
Would love to have 5cvm response to 105 and 110. I'm also curious as to what extensive professed insight as to players' alignment 5cvm has apparently gleaned. Something other than names would be nice (hint: explanations!).
I would love to hear those responses, too.

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:05 am

Post by xvart »

EBWOP: Can everyone please be sure to properly attribute the quotes in their messages, please? Ahem... Nacho...

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:09 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Oh, right.

120 was a pretty useless post, xvart. Got some sage advice to share with us?

raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:17 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Nacho, is there anything that you can think of that would cause 5cvm to call you out as scum per his role?
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

raider8169 wrote:Nacho, is there anything that you can think of that would cause 5cvm to call you out as scum per his role?
Rolefishing?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”